PS4 - Transistor

God of War Chains of Olympus – Gold Rush!!

Eric Koch's Avatar + Posted by Eric Koch on Feb 12, 2008 // Sr. Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studios

GoW 1

Hey there lovers of mayhem, this is Eric Koch, Sr. Producer on God of War Chains of Olympus at the SCEA Santa Monica Studios. The great news I have to share with everyone is that Kratos will be in your hands on the PSP March 4th. That’s right people, we are now officially GOLD and the game will be hitting your retailer shortly. Hope you all are ready to hand out destruction of epic proportions on your PSP!!!

GoW 2

Bonus Entry

Hi All – this is Asad Qizilbash, I work on the marketing for God of War. So with the game officially going GOLD, I wanted to give you guys a sneak peak at some of the advertising for this game. Below is an image of one of the ‘tease’ print ad that should be out now, and our ‘launch’ print ad coming out soon. We’re also working with Animal Logic on the God of War: Chains of Olympus TV spot. They were the CG house that provided the visual effects & art direction for the stylized look of Zack Snyder’s film ’300′..they also produced ‘THAT’ opening 8min Spartan Vs Persian epic battle scene, so as you can image, the TV spot is going to look pretty freakin’ sweet! Look out for the TV spot around launch.

GoW 3

That’s it from me….the game looks amazing and coming out March 4th – hope you guys enjoy it… our retail partners are taking preorders now, so get your name down.

PAGE 1 2

+ ftwrthtx on February 12th, 2008 at 3:09 pm said:

The demo was awesome.

Can’t wait for the full version!

+ tryp on February 12th, 2008 at 3:14 pm said:

Ok, lets move to the PS3 now and turn some heads.

+ CONFUSEDgam3r on February 12th, 2008 at 3:16 pm said:

Ya! I’ve seen the demo everywhere. Best buy, Circuit City, Gamestop, …EVERY WHERE! Too bad I already got it from you guys earlier. It was awesome and I appreciate it. I can’t wait for this game to end all games; “end” because I wont be playing anything else for a LONG while.

BTW: Circuit City has a pre-order deal, that, when you pre order guarantees you a free God of War t-shirt.

+ frito on February 12th, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

ok, NOW PORT THIS TO THE PS2!!!!!!

hehehe

+ Kpepe on February 12th, 2008 at 3:32 pm said:

Mine is ALREADY preordered. The Demo was awsome. I’m looking foward to more in the game.

+ tecknical on February 12th, 2008 at 3:40 pm said:

it would be cool if you guys had a contest or a giveaway so people can win this game or a PSP and this game. just my $.02

+ Frazz on February 12th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

I love you

+ Violater on February 12th, 2008 at 3:59 pm said:

demo was great,
do not like that 3rd picture.

+ tagout on February 12th, 2008 at 4:03 pm said:

*drool*

If only I have enough $$$… darn my new PSP piano black.

+ nmc75 on February 12th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

This looks like it’ll be fun to play on the big screen using the PSP 2000 series’ component or composite cable output.

+ PsychoEddie on February 12th, 2008 at 4:18 pm said:

I’m 72 with erectile dysfunction syndrome; but after reading the good news, I’ve got wood now BABY!

+ Kedaro on February 12th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

BAM! Call of Duty 4
BAM! Burnout:Paradise
BAM! Devil May Cry 4
BAM! another $50 towards PSN
BAM! Wipeout:Pulse
BAM! GoW:Chains of Olympus
BAM! Metal Gear Solid 4

BAM! Kedaro’s Wallet Owned!

but nonetheless happy about it.

+ darkiewonder on February 12th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

Epic! IF I plug my slim to the TV will it look that good?!

+ Kedaro on February 12th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

GoW = Must have!

+ I_Love_New_York on February 12th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

Already preordered and ready to buy.

+ foolio_67 on February 12th, 2008 at 4:35 pm said:

I like the ad picture…..can’t wait for the game! :)

+ J3SS on February 12th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

Ah Kratos never seems to quit the bringing of teh massive damage. This type of stuff will always make the gamer in me extremely happy. Excellent demo btw.

+ gardea on February 12th, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

This is one of my pre-orders that will take top-priority.

First is Patapon, only $20 :)
Second is God of War :(

+ Enedok on February 12th, 2008 at 4:52 pm said:

Post some moar pics of your afterfinishedgame party :D

+ Stoffinator on February 12th, 2008 at 4:54 pm said:

Why didn’t I ever get the demo for this? I signed up for it. :-(

+ DankandSticky on February 12th, 2008 at 4:58 pm said:

what does its GOLD mean?

+ Kittonwy on February 12th, 2008 at 4:58 pm said:

Ohohoh. :0

+ linebeginstoblur on February 12th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

DankandSticky:

The gold or general availability release version is the final version of a particular product. It is typically almost identical to the final release candidate, with only last-minute bugs fixed. A gold release is considered to be very stable and relatively bug-free with a quality suitable for wide distribution and use by end users. In commercial software releases, this version may also be signed (used to allow end-users to verify that code has not been modified since the release). The expression that a software product “has gone gold” means that the code has been completed and “is being mass-produced and will be for sale soon.” Other terms for the version include gold master, golden master, “GM”, gold release, or gold build.

Source: Wikipedia.org

+ Wrek Gar on February 12th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

DEFINITE MUST BUY!!!
Question: Will there be a special GoW: CoO PSP 2000 released as well? If so that would be to sweet!!! Been holdin out on gettin the slim to find out if that would happen.

+ Keysersoze10033 on February 12th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

This game has been reserved a long time ago. I can’t wait.

+ Keysersoze10033 on February 12th, 2008 at 5:12 pm said:

Hey Asad,

I’ve been looking for that image since I receied my EGM last week. I’ve searched all over the web and no luck. I would love to use it as a wallpaper for my PS3. IS there anyway you can post a Hi res image. Thanks.

+ Jeigh on February 12th, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

Pretty cool! :D

Sadly, my PSP is dead. :(

I’m holding out for a special edition PSP Slim before I dive in again (God of War, Crisis Core, something).

+ cmargary on February 12th, 2008 at 5:28 pm said:

Pretty cool really… I love GOW but my psp is dead too one of them… now use my brothers psp because installing the original firmware via network update brick my psp…my brother use custom firmware and never brick his psp and me who use the official one brick it… I’m always emailing sony but always said… check the FAQ

+ southwoodS on February 12th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

I want this game so bad but i dont have enough money for a PSP. I need money for all the PS3 games. But whatever God of War 3 is coming soon. (2008? 2009?)

+ Clinton514 on February 12th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

I never received a demo, but I managed to grab a friend’s copy to try it out. I can’t wait to get my hands on the final product!

+ Gunwing on February 12th, 2008 at 5:48 pm said:

It’s nice to see the PSP still has some great games coming out for it this long after release.

Now some more non PSP ports would be great! I and many others want some Killzone action that makes full use of the PSP slim with it’s extra memory, and the unlocked 333MHs of the PSP’s CPU.

Also some more online games that use the PSN log in feature would be nice! If you could make this a standard on the PSP you would make the total number of PSN users more than double over night as more games come out and more accounts are made for PSP systems, and not PS3 systems.

+ tirminyl on February 12th, 2008 at 6:13 pm said:

aqizilbash – thanks for the link to the Kratos picture. This game is the reason I purchased a PSP. I cannot wait until I get it. I only wish I could have gotten a demo, but maybe it’s better I didn’t due to the wait I would have for the full release.

+ EViD on February 12th, 2008 at 6:37 pm said:

Sweet. The print looks wicked and awesome.

+ StormLord on February 12th, 2008 at 6:37 pm said:

yes yes yes!!! I had mine pre-ordered a while a go, I can’t wait :)

+ scorpio on February 12th, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

Can’t wait!!!! Getting this day one!!!

+ Zorox on February 12th, 2008 at 6:54 pm said:

Is this also going to come out for the PS2 like all the other PSP exclusive games?

+ Cpt.blue on February 12th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

I seriously can’t do enough justice for my love of Kratos in this comment… i’ll leave it at that.

+ Jeff Chen on February 12th, 2008 at 7:45 pm said:

What else can I say? MUST BUY!!!

+ Scarecrow on February 12th, 2008 at 7:55 pm said:

*bought*

Best damn action game period!

+ P_tear_griffin on February 12th, 2008 at 8:00 pm said:

day one purchase! how awesome is it to get one of the best action games on the PS2 to have its own unique story on the PSP? And based on the game demo, aside from some slight control alterations, it looks to play just as good!

+ PanzerNinja on February 12th, 2008 at 8:27 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game. Any chance of a special edition PSP to go with it?

+ C-h-a-o-s on February 12th, 2008 at 8:37 pm said:

One of the Chains of Olympus devs said it best “this game will be epicidal“.

I am glad Ready At Dawn handled this game I loved Daxter (needs a sequel btw), I can’t wait for GOW: CoO.

+ DTX on February 12th, 2008 at 9:24 pm said:

Luv that teaser print.

+ DLB on February 12th, 2008 at 9:31 pm said:

cant wait

+ matsuiichi on February 12th, 2008 at 9:58 pm said:

Is there any plan to maybe have a special edition PSP pack bundled with God of War: Chains of Olympus? Odds are the answer is no, but I think that would be a great way to get your game out there, and to get people buying the PSP.

Also wouldn’t help me because I have a PSP. XD

+ Kamahl on February 12th, 2008 at 10:32 pm said:

Nice, i haven’t bought a PSP game in a while, gonna get this as soon as i can.

+ Deathrock on February 12th, 2008 at 11:33 pm said:

I pre order already can not way to play it ;)

+ Finalsquall on February 13th, 2008 at 12:42 am said:

I can’t wait :D Kratos ftw ^_^

+ lostboy85 on February 13th, 2008 at 1:12 am said:

i dont mean to be wet blanket but why should i buy it when the game is probably going to be ported to the ps2 like TM and R&C. i just feel as though scea is undermining their own consoles.

+ NINgod on February 13th, 2008 at 1:28 am said:

what the hell does GOLD mean?

PAGE 1 2