PS4-Watch_Dogs

MLB 08 THE SHOW Weekly Update: My MLB Music + Demo Details

Jason Villa's Avatar + Posted by Jason Villa on Feb 13, 2008 // Producer, MLB 10 THE SHOW

My name is Jason Villa, with some news about how to get your custom music playing with MLB 08 THE SHOW.

Each year we try to incorporate features that allow you to customize our MLB THE SHOW franchise to your specifications. Making a soundtrack to satisfy all players, from all walks of life, is nearly impossible. So, in an effort to please all fans of the MLB THE SHOW franchise, we are offering the new My MLB Music feature. My MLB Music will allow you to take the music you have on your PLAYSTATION 3 Hard Drive or on your PSP Memory Stick Pro Duo and create your own Jukebox Playlist. From the Jukebox screen below, just press the circle button to activate the My MLB Music feature.

MLB 1

Once you’re in the pop-up, you can Create a new playlist, Load an existing playlist, or Edit an existing playlist. On the PS3 My MLB Music screen, you can organize your music list by Artist, Genre, Album or song. From there, select the track(s) you want to be included on your custom playlist and save it. Take a look at the shot of the PS3 My MLB Music screen below.

MLB 2

Once loaded with your My MLB Music custom playlist, you can navigate the menus, check out stats, and train up your Road to the Show player with your custom music playing in the background.

Don’t worry, we still have a stellar soundtrack included on all three releases of The Show. The soundtrack includes names like, The Ramones, WAR, A Tribe Called Quest, Queens of the Stone Age, ZZ Top and more.

Hope you enjoy MLB 08 THE SHOW and the My MLB Music feature when the game launches March 4th. In the meantime, try your hand at the MLB 08 THE SHOW demos, hitting the PLAYSTATION Store for PS3 AND PSP this Thursday!

75 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ hanson520 on February 13th, 2008 at 5:13 am said:

cool!! MLB THE SHOW IS BEST GAME…
CAN’T WAIT DEMO ANS FULL GAME

+ KnaveX on February 13th, 2008 at 5:38 am said:

yay demo! I played the 2007 with my dad! he won! and he not a gamer! hes a baseball fan!

+ Madness3120 on February 13th, 2008 at 5:52 am said:

Yeah this will get you all big sells, Custom soundtracks is what alot of ppl want.

+ ChaseHammer on February 13th, 2008 at 6:03 am said:

sweet i have MLB the Show 06 on PSP and love it..been waiting for the ps3 demo forever…THANKS!

+ DMeisterJ on February 13th, 2008 at 6:05 am said:

Yes. This is so great. Custom Soundtracks, and a demo this week?! Finally, I’ve been reading about this game and am very excited for this. And I’m very glad at how good you guys are doing with the updates as of late, looks like I’ll be busy playing a demo this thursday. Thanks!

+ AwRy108 on February 13th, 2008 at 6:06 am said:

Sweet, demos this Thursday!

+ xT3RMlNATORx on February 13th, 2008 at 6:10 am said:

I like the new features. Now we need to be able to put our own music on batter walkups, or when relief pitchers come out.

+ NewYork214 on February 13th, 2008 at 6:12 am said:

im already buying two games in march (God of War:COO and crisis core:FF7)gonna have to buy this game later on. cant wait to play this though. im gonna download the demos tomorrow right away

+ JamesL007 on February 13th, 2008 at 6:14 am said:

Finally A customizable soundtrack feature at last, I throught the 25 CD’s worth of Music I had on my PS3 would go to waste. I am liking this game more and more, can’t wait for it.

+ darkiewonder on February 13th, 2008 at 6:20 am said:

Awesome feature! Will definitely have to check out the demo!

+ typikal82 on February 13th, 2008 at 6:22 am said:

Awesome, havent been a big baseball game fan since Bad News Baseball on NES, lol, but I will most definetly check it out!

+ TTP on February 13th, 2008 at 6:27 am said:

Does it support the XMB playlists or just those created from within the game itself?

+ TONX on February 13th, 2008 at 6:31 am said:

Definitely want this game.

Sony please make ALLLLL of your games support custom soundtrack features from now on!

+ subbed on February 13th, 2008 at 7:04 am said:

Very nice feature. From the artist listed though I might be listening to the prepackage music for a little bit! Any ACDC in there?

+ ftwrthtx on February 13th, 2008 at 7:06 am said:

Nice. I still play the 07 demo when I have a some time to kill. Time to move up to 08.

+ frito on February 13th, 2008 at 7:09 am said:

CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS ROCK!!

Thanks for including this feature!

It really makes games have much longer lasting appeal if you don’t get sick of the music!

+ ftwrthtx on February 13th, 2008 at 7:10 am said:

On another note, could ya’ll possibly make this game where the PSP version and the PS3 version can share stats? i.e. have a season going on the PS3, plug the PSP in and transfer the stats over, unplug the PSP, continue the season on the PSP, plug it back in, copy the stats back, and then continue the season on the PS3.

Including the PSP version on the BR disc would also be a damn good selling point for PS users that have both.

+ Crazyeyez on February 13th, 2008 at 7:20 am said:

O YEA! HEY how longs the demo gunna be? a couple of innings?

+ Seandez on February 13th, 2008 at 7:20 am said:

I Can’t wait for this!

+ Jeigh on February 13th, 2008 at 7:41 am said:

Heh, you’ve made my day both today and tomorrow. :P

See, with this you just pushed me into full-on ‘must buy.’ :D

+ Torgo on February 13th, 2008 at 7:47 am said:

Thank you SO much for offering a demo this year. This is my most anticipated game for the next few months.

+ mrlogical on February 13th, 2008 at 7:50 am said:

Yes!!! I have been dying for some baseball on my PS3. Will there be any PS3-PSP interactivity?

+ Mana Knight on February 13th, 2008 at 7:51 am said:

Awesome news. Glad we get to see a demo on PSP and PS3 this week. :D

+ Chrisrahosiris on February 13th, 2008 at 8:39 am said:

I’ll be downloading this tomorrow for sure

+ Violater on February 13th, 2008 at 8:43 am said:

I sincerely hope that custom soundtracks become a standard on the PS3.
But first IN GAME ACCESS TO MY MESSAGES AND FRIENDS LIST.

+ gardea on February 13th, 2008 at 9:43 am said:

Can’t wait

+ Kedaro on February 13th, 2008 at 9:48 am said:

Sports titles aren’t my thing, but I would like to say that this is the right way to go, There isn’t a game that leaves the gates that shouldn’t have this custom playlist coding in it… at least until we have ps3 firmware update for custom playlists if that every happens, I mean.

+ stennex on February 13th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

Great looking game. Is there anyway possible that you guys at Sony can allow us gamers the ability to add more than say 20 friends to the friends list. I try to add or my friends try to add me but we were shock to see that there is a limit to the list. Since the increase in online gameplay on the PS3 i have been meeting new people but unable to add them, can you guys please give us more space to store more friends. Thank you.

+ P_tear_griffin on February 13th, 2008 at 10:36 am said:

more games with custom soundtracks yey. Share that with other devs so they can do this in their games please!

+ sparticus on February 13th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

Now, if only they could put this on more games!

Blasting Daft Punk while playing Motorstorm is my idea of a damn good time.

+ JmChile on February 13th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

I HAVE A QUESTION… IS SONY GOING TO HAVE A KEYNOTE IN GDC 08 LIKE THEY DID IN 07?

Jason Villa's Avatar

+ pmurphy on February 14th, 2008 at 11:58 am said:

Hey JMChile –
    For info on GDC and the keynote speakers, check out this site:

+ ISEMAN on February 13th, 2008 at 10:43 am said:

Cool that the Demo is out this week. This may be the first baseball game I buy since Baseball Stars on the NES…..still the best Baseball game EVER in my opinion. Maybe you guys can be #2 on my list, it’d be really tough to beat out Baseball Stars mostly because of nostalgic reasons. Keep up the good work, I’m liking the added feature set in a big way!!!

+ nmc75 on February 13th, 2008 at 11:18 am said:

Cool. BTW, this is not the first game on the PS3 to allow playback of music from the hard drive (Mainichi Isshyo, High Velocity Bowling gets the credit for that), but is certainly one of the “major” games to do so.. so Kudos.

Now.. other developers need to follow!

+ THATPSPGUY on February 13th, 2008 at 11:36 am said:

ZZ Top? Cool? Maybe 20years ago? That’s your stellar soundtrack. In game music is great, i know cause I have it on all my ps3 games, but you need to open this up alot more people. This is just one game out of all of the othrs that lets you do this. You would think other games like :Burnout, Warhawk, COD4, would have in game music.(as I d\said before MINE DO) now you may be wondering, how does THATPSPGUY have in game music. Well it’s a device that I created myself that lets me have my music play along with the sound effects of the game through the asame speakers( TV or HT). Kudos for this but broaden those horizons. We are getting somewhat bored with the same repeating boring music in other games( not just yours).

+ lanod on February 13th, 2008 at 11:36 am said:

Remember in 1999 on PS2 :

Sure japanese make better animation…

+ QGNorml on February 13th, 2008 at 11:39 am said:

The Show is the only sports title I feel justified buying every year, the developers are fans of baseball and it shows. Can’t wait for the full game and I’ll definately try out the demo.

+ rememberforget on February 13th, 2008 at 11:46 am said:

But will it support 1080i or only 720p?

+ nmc75 on February 13th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

@ 37

“Only” 720p? That makes it sound like that would not be the preferred resolution for a fast moving picture such as you’ll find in video games and sports programs like ESPN HD.

+ madness23 on February 13th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

Absolutely love the ability to create our own playlists and am looking forward to the demo. Thanks!

+ elmetfano on February 13th, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

DANCIN!

MAN AWESOME! *chants* “2/14! 2/14! 2/14!”

+ craigiversen on February 13th, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

I’m so pleased you guys have put in custom soundtracks. Like many have said, games are so much better if you don’t have to get sick of the same soundtrack over and over.

You’ll sell many more copies, I’m only a small time baseball fan and I’ll buy it!

+ DEZVOUS on February 13th, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

Why aren’t we getting media server enabled custom soundtracks? I have too much music and I don’t want to put any of it on my HDD when it all streams just fine through my media server.

+ Stallone on February 13th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

Sweet, I hope a lot of mor egames start doing this. Or…if Sony wanted too they could just release ingame xmb as a little surprise for GDC :P

+ rememberforget on February 13th, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

@38

Well that’s great and all but there are a great number of people out there that still have tv’s that only put out 1080i and since Sony neglected to put a scaler in the PS3, many games leave us in the dark ages of 480p.

+ Stoffinator on February 13th, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

I hope this isn’t the only demo we are getting tomorrow? :-(

+ C-h-a-o-s on February 13th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

Great news I can’t wait to get this for the PSP.

Will there be a bonus item when you purchase the PSP game like there was with 07? I loved the MLB hat.

+ limanima on February 13th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

For what I’ve seen in some videos, the game looks great, but I think there’s something important missing: dust. Isn’t the brown area of the field dirt? The lack of dust makes everything look so fake. Can someone explain me why they didnt add some dust?

+ Raziel Dune on February 13th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

Sweeeet i loved 07 and 08 looks like it took the gameplay of 07 and added in graphics and awesome additions :-D

+ nmc75 on February 13th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

@44

One could also fault the TV makers for not having the ability to upscale the 720p signal to 1080i. But a greater number of folks choosing to buy HDTV’s today would not have this problem as most HDTV’s can accept and display 720p or 1080p signals now.

+ ARog34 on February 13th, 2008 at 3:19 pm said:

Awesome… this music feature was needed greatly last season, but it’ll make this year that much better. Can’t wait to try out the demo tomorrow…!

PAGE 1 2