PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 14, 2008 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. (Arguably) Punk Pack 2 includes all three songs. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Truth Hits Everybody” – The Police ($1.99)
  • “Teenage Lobotomy” – The Ramones ($1.99)
  • “Complete Control” – The Clash ($1.99)
  • (Arguably) Punk Pack 2 ($5.49)

File sizes: 10.9 MB – 24.3 MB (singles), 55.9 MB (Track Pack).

Demos

MLB 08 The Show Demo
There is a reason why ESPN Magazine claims MLB 08 The Show is “the most realistic baseball game ever created” – because it is. But don’t take our word for it – get your own hands-on experience with the MLB 08 The Show. Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 1.01 GB
ESRB Rated E

Game Videos

MLB 08 Road To The Show Tutorial
There’s a reason many gaming editors are saying “(The Show) is the best baseball franchise ever created”. But take a look for yourself with a first look as the team heads into spring training for the 2008 season. MLB 08 The Show: Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 56 MB (HD)

LittleBigPlanet Create-A-Level
PLAY, CREATE, and SHARE with LittleBigPlanet! Imagine a world with no limits – a world that’s yours to shape, build and explore. Imagine the possibilities, then jump head first into the reality. LittleBigPlanet puts the power of absolute creation into your own hands. If you can see it, you can enhance it. If you can’t see it, you can invent it.
File size: 79 MB (HD)

Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground – Launch Trailer (free)
File size: 46 MB (HD)

Conflict: Denied Ops Diary 2 (free)
In this developer diary Dave Cullinane, Environment Art Manager at Pivotal Games, gives some insight into the design process behind creating some of the locations featured in the new co-op FPS, Conflict: Denied Ops.
File size: 539 MB (HD)

Conflict: Denied Ops Diary 3 (free)
In this developer diary hear from James Nicholls, Senior Designer at Pivotal Games, as he discusses the artificial intelligence, co-op gameplay design and multiplayer modes used in Conflict: Denied Ops.
File size: 626 MB (HD)

Burnout Accolades Trailer (free)
Burnout Paradise is the first hit of 2008 and the press just can’t get enough of it! Check out some new gameplay footage and see what the critics have to say about Burnout Paradise in the newest trailer!
File size: 82 MB (HD)

Turok “Weapons” Trailer (free)
From Quiet Kill stealth to all guns blazing, Turok offers over 13 different weapons for you to choose how to fight. Each weapon also has a secondary feature that gives you critical options in the heat of combat. Gameplay Vignette #5 showcases these weapons in all of their glory.
File size: 12 MB (SD), 41 MB (HD), 44 MB (1080)

Turok “Creatures” Trailer (free)
Turok gameplay vignette #4 features the most lifelike dinosaurs available on next-gen. Experience the clenching of raptor jaws, the enormity of a T-rex battle, and the excitement of going head-to-head with a variety of creature enemies. Your mission? Survive at all costs.
File size: 12 MB (SD), 43 MB (HD), 56 MB (1080)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

The Ruins Trailer (free)
Based on the terrifying best-seller by Scott Smith, “The Ruins” follows a group of friends who become entangled in a brutal struggle for survival after visiting a remote archaeological dig in the Mexican jungle – where they discover something deadly living among the ruins.
File size: 15 MB (SD), 54 MB (HD), 71 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

Super Stardust HD Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Super Stardust HD theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 3.77 MB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games

* Twisted Metal: Head On ($14.99)

Demos (free)

* Patapon Demo
* MLB 08 The Show Demo

Game Videos (free)

* Twisted Metal: Head On Behind The Scenes 3
* Twisted Metal: Head On Behind The Scenes 4

PSP Wallpaper (free)

* Twisted Metal HO Wallpaper #2

Hope you enjoy!

127 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ lagreendown on February 14th, 2008 at 1:36 pm said:

what ever happened with the lost planet demo?

+ scorpio on February 14th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

WOW, great stufff…

+ Stallone on February 14th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

It works for the people who still have it :P.

Good decent update.

+ coolguy2000 on February 14th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

I thought the Patapon demo was going to be on PSN? I have a Mac, so I can’t download it from my computer.

+ Federation on February 14th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

It’s a Good one.

+ fjompa666 on February 14th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

Online right now, still no MLB 08 demo…?

+ PSheddy on February 14th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to try out the show demo!

+ jazzagers on February 14th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

Still no playstation store support for mac?

+ Seanscythe2 on February 14th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

Wait why no Everybody’s Golf Demo? I mean I can get it from the Eur store but I should have to, where is it and is it really that hard to add it? Nice update anyway.

+ coolguy2000 on February 14th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

To #4 (myself)

Lol, I spoke to soon, I just checked the PS Store.

+ depward on February 14th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

Nice, thanks for a good week :)

+ stoobush on February 14th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

When do we get Patapon for PS3?

+ vitz3 on February 14th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

That’s it? 2 Demos and 1 Game? I want more!

Where the hell is the Home info? News on LBP.

+ Kedaro on February 14th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

News about Killzone 2, and ‘The Agency’ would knock some socks off right about now.

+ Darkus on February 14th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

nicE patapon demo for SV <3 SONY XD

+ Xostas on February 14th, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

Once again, Canada gets screwed for pricing.

+ Hell-RaizeR on February 14th, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

What the hell happened to socom confrontation???????

+ Scodo_Thope on February 14th, 2008 at 1:55 pm said:

So what’s the scoop on Twisted Metal: Head On?

+ Snap on February 14th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Little disappointing update but the MLB demos are nice. Where are more PSOne games?!

+ Neil on February 14th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

Patapon demo here I come!!!!!!!!!!

+ MisterReyes on February 14th, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

This is one depressing update. Sony, YOU ARE A GIANT MEDIA CONGLOMERATE COMPANY. USE IT PLEASE. I mean come on, you can build your own movie, music, and game downloads using your own resource. What the hell is up with this update thing then delete some old content.

+ vitz3 on February 14th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

Is it that hard to put out more PSone games. EVERY week?

I expect to see every title up for purchase soon. Make it happen.

+ KALEL114 on February 14th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

Nice update. I didn’t think we would get anything that would knock my socks off since it is so close to GDC. I’m sure we will have some great stuff to talk about when it is going on and when it is over.

+ ftwrthtx on February 14th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

Nice update! Thanks!

+ craigiversen on February 14th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

Well, I still love my ps3, it’ll always be number one to me, but to get some decent downloads I have to skip buying 4 or 5 games and shell out for a 360 as well.

These lame updates have just finally got to me. I have money to spend Sony, I just can’t continue to waste each week “hoping”.

+ DMeisterJ on February 14th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

This is such a good update. I’m downloading the Patapon demo, MLB 07, Twisted Metal: Head on. Such a good update. Now all we need is FFVII

+ Deathrock on February 14th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

lolz i read to fast for a minute i thought thier was lbp demo lolz , Patapon here I come ;)

+ hitmanAUA on February 14th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

only one demo?? that suck

+ JEFREGOSO on February 14th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

NETWORK PARA MEXICO

+ Fenrokk on February 14th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

very poor…. expecting great things like always

+ tsukasa1288 on February 14th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

>>25
Having both systems myself, Xbox Live arcade isn’t better in the sense of game downloads. Most of their good arcade downloads, such as Geometry Wars and Rez, are all available on other platforms. At least with the PSN more of their games are original titles, like PAIN and Calling All Cars. Though I do agree that we need more PS1 games for download, just look at the Japanese Store, it seems like their PS1 library is about 3 times as large as the US Store. I loved being able to download Wild Arms and play it as I missed a lot good games from that generation.

+ NewYork214 on February 14th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Patapon is really cool. mlb demo still isnt done d/ling. def buyin patapon when it comes out though

+ Cpt.blue on February 14th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

Thanks Dudes

@ Everyone

Still same old stuff, 1 demo, a bunch of videos, a theme, and a PSONE game. Yes Canadians still pay more and no there’s no Home or IGXMB. Clear enough for ya?

+ btutterrow on February 14th, 2008 at 2:21 pm said:

Excellent update from a PSP perspective :) Patapon is amazing. I may buy TM:HO, but I haven’t decided yet. $10 would have been a cinch.

+ Sheen on February 14th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

zzzzzzz

+ Daver on February 14th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

Great update! but can we try patapon and buy twisted metal on the ps3? or it is for the PSP?

+ Conch_Bubby on February 14th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

WHEN WILL THE PLAYSTATION STORE BE COMPATIBLE WITH MACINTOSH COMPUTERS (PC)?
THAT STORE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED WINDOWS STORE AND NOT PC. UNLESS MACINTOSH COMPUTERS ARE NOT CONSIDERS PC’S.

ALL CAPS, YES!

+ TheGraciousOne on February 14th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

Is it possible to transfer some of the new demos from this week over to the official PSP website or has Sony abandoned the PSP website in favor of the new PS PC store. The reason I ask is because I currently have no access to a computer and since the PlayStation store for PC is unaccessable on a psp; I’m left with chit.

+ FoxKit on February 14th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

I’d like to see more PS1 games as well, but good update nonetheless. ^-^ I’m not really into sports games, so I plan to get some use out of the Rock Band content and not much else.
MGS1 is on my wishlist…

+ dmc2008 on February 14th, 2008 at 2:34 pm said:

I’m trying to DL the Patapon demo on my PC and for some reason it just DLs a 1kb file (with an .xpd extension). What am I doing wrong? I have a PS Store account and it works fine on PS3…

+ FoxKit on February 14th, 2008 at 2:36 pm said:

@37

No, by regular definitions, Macs are not PCs. PCs are any computer built by a company that doesn’t produce an OS (Linux, Windows).
Mac produces the OS and hardware, defining themselves as a Mac. That’s my only nitpick, otherwise- I agree. PSP store for Macs needs to be done, unless you’re using BootCamp.

+ subbed on February 14th, 2008 at 2:36 pm said:

I second theGraciousOne about using the PSP website. Either completely get rid of it an add its own mini store of content or please keep it updated.

+ dmc2008 on February 14th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Nevermind, I’m an idjit… You need the PSN Downloader first, eh?…

+ TheGraciousOne on February 14th, 2008 at 2:41 pm said:

Correction, I ment to say the “PSP” demos like Patapon.

+ DankandSticky on February 14th, 2008 at 2:41 pm said:

this sucks, sorry but its lame…

+ scorpio on February 14th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

Just queued up a bunch… I really enjoy these Thursdays updates…

SONY:
Of note I am unable to download any Demos from the PC Playstation Store(i can download Video fine and did download a couple Demos where the store fist launched, has anyone else had this problem?

+ Cow_Shed on February 14th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

My weekly “Sony make fair Canadian Pricing” comment. that is all :)

+ Gunwing on February 14th, 2008 at 2:50 pm said:

Great update! 2 demos for the PC store, as well as a host of content for both stores! BTW: any chance you can give us some info on if you will post PSP game downloads on the PC store? There are a bunch of downloads for Wipeout: Pure, Burnout: Dominator, Killzone: Liberation, Worms, and of course Superime Commander. It would rock to be able to get these add on contents from the Store!

BTW Please make it so all PSP system games have to log into a PSN account! Give us a way to report cheaters on the PSP, and also make it so all future PSP games use the PSN log in feature Wipeout: Pulse dose.

+ dbarrade on February 14th, 2008 at 2:53 pm said:

OK, slightly off topic, but I wanted to say thanks for all the great updates, both to the PSP and PS3 firmware and awesome PSN downloads, I love the interactivety between the PSP and the PS3…I love the Web Browser… and have a few requests… please hear me out:

A sync’d calendar and contacts list between my PS3, PSP and Sony Ericcson phone… check out floAt’s Mobile agent and hire him to do it!

The ability to cut and paste text anywhere in the XMB, especially the Web Browser.

The ability to download, view and print PDF files, maybe as a plug in for the Web Browser.

The ability to backup and then install downloaded demo’s and games from USB sticks / drives, CD-R’s, DVD-R’s and Blu-Ray-R’s. Not all of us have Broadband or reliable internet connections, and I have a lot of friends who want to try out all the demo’s and PSN games I have. I know this is possible because the Official Playstation Magazine lets you install games from their cover Blu Ray, so they got my subscription for that reason, let alone the great articles!

I can’t wait to get PlayTV. Can I use it to listen to the Radio whilst playing games?

Please allow me to play my music playlists whilst in game too.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for listening.

+ Prolog on February 14th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

Excited to get my hands on the MLB game! :)

PAGE 1 2 3