PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 21, 2008 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Why Do You Love Me” – Garbage. ($1.99)
  • “Sex Type Thing” – Stone Temple Pilots ($1.99)
  • “El Scorcho” – Weezer($1.99)

File sizes: 27.6 MB – 32.1 MB

PS one Classics for PS3 / PSP

Jet Moto 3 ($5.99)
Jet Moto 3 brings better graphics, improved physics, and even more intense futuristic all-terrain racing to your screen with 14 new tracks, 3 special new stunt tracks, and a brand new hop button for avoiding nasty obstacles! Choose one of 10 unique riders and hang on tight!
File size: 329 MB

Demos

PixelJunk Monsters Demo (free)
Inspired by the popular and addictive “tower defense” game genre, PixelJunk Monsters is a fun and intuitive game featuring a uniquely attractive art style. Defend your home base against threatening monsters by building towers and casting lightning storms across the forest.
File size: 59.3 MB
ESRB Rated E

Game Videos

MLB 08 The Show Stolen Base Video (free)
There is a reason so many gaming editors and ESPN claim “MLB 08 The Show, the most realistic baseball game ever created.” And this is one of, if not the best baseball video you’ve seen to date. MLB 08 The Show: Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 61 MB (HD)

MLB 08 The Show Replay Vault Tutorial (free)
There is a reason so many gaming editors and ESPN claim “MLB 08 The Show, the most realistic baseball game ever created”. Get an inside first look here at the new Replay Vault, one of the new features to MLB 08 The Show. Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 62 MB (HD)

MLB 08 The Show Pitcher/Batter Analysis Tutorial (free)
There is a reason so many gaming editors and ESPN claim “MLB 08 The Show, the most realistic baseball game ever created”. Get an inside first look here at the new Pitcher / Batter Analysis, one of the new features to MLB 08 The Show. Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 44 MB (HD)

Conflict: Denied Ops Overview Dev Diary 4 (free)
In this developer diary visit Pivotal Games and get the lowdown on everything you could possibly want to know about Conflict: Denied Ops. Get insight from the developers as they discuss the theme of the game, as well explain all the key features such as its massive destructible environments and co-op centered gameplay.
File size: 347 MB (HD)

Bionic Commando: Rearmed Trailer (free)
2D side-scrolling action is rearmed and dangerous in this stunning remake of the original NES game!
File size: 146 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

We Own The Night Blu-ray Disc Trailer (free)
Young nightclub manager trying to escape cop family learns that father and brother, both high level cops, are targeting Russian mobsters at his club; after bust, mobsters shoot brother and kill father, motivating manager to become cop, lead battle to defeat mobsters.
File size: 119 MB (HD), 147 MB (1080)

Kung Fu Panda Teaser Trailer (free)
Enthusiastic, big and a little clumsy, Po is the biggest fan of Kung Fu around…which doesn’t exactly come in handy while working every day in his family’s noodle shop.
File size: 15 MB (SD), 53 MB (HD), 71 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

Lair: Asylian Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Lair: Asylian theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 3.46 MB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

PS one Classics

* Jet Moto 3 ($5.99)

Demos

* God of War: Chains of Olympus

Hope you enjoy!

187 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ sonu on February 22nd, 2008 at 10:01 am said:

What happen to the GOW demo its not on the pc store!

+ jazzagers on February 22nd, 2008 at 10:08 am said:

Log in, I couldn’t see it until I logged in.

+ vitz3 on February 22nd, 2008 at 10:11 am said:

ATTENTION!!!

ATTENTION!!!

There is an official petition for the release of Playstation Home going on. Please Sign.

link to the petition here:

ATTENTION!!!

ATTENTION!!!

+ Jeigh on February 22nd, 2008 at 10:23 am said:

Aw, Jeff. Sick? I had that about a week ago. Get better. :-)

+ greyham on February 22nd, 2008 at 10:58 am said:

@Solace

How’s that bubble you live in? Anyone that questions or complains about the state of the PS3 is a troll or a little kid? Uggh! Stop drinking the cool-aid man. Yeah, Sony makes incredible stuff, but you gotta admit…even you would be happier if they were more open with their community about what the hell is going on.

+ lakaihigh on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:26 am said:

@ greyham – dude you live in a buble cuz you have no life. Sony doesn’t need to comment to the community or you about your demands for home and igxmb. they need to keep doing what they are doing right now and that is continue developing for the best console out there. the ps3.

@ solace – sorry for my previous comment. it was directed to ghostm and people of similar like danger x and cpt blue. sorry mate.

thanks for the sweet FREE lair theme guys and the demos!

Peace,
Lh

+ Davitr0n on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:30 am said:

Great Rock Band songs this week. I bought them anyways, but it would have been nice for them to be in a bundle. Love that Weezer track.

Also, I can’t wait to try out Pixel Junk Monsters. Been going back and forth on buying it, and now I get to try it first.

Decent update.

+ jimmyn28 on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

@ 150

Who’s the troll now?

The update wasn’t bad. I just wish you guys would work on getting more out than just videos I don’t give a **** about.

+ HanSolo on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

anyway, a big thank you to sony for giving us this service, and keeping it free, since now we are the only gamers with a free service, a service that gets better and better and has a big future, i feel sorry for wii owners.. that now will have whatch out for games that have this new logo on the box :WII pay to play

THANK YOU SONY and please dont get any weird ideas

+ cordtwo on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:54 pm said:

What i want to see is MORTAL KOMBAT TRILOGY. Whos With me.

+ cordtwo on February 22nd, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

We need Mortal Kombat Trilogy and Goldeneye 007.

+ HanSolo on February 22nd, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

we need c64 hd remakes, pit stop 2, barbarian, last ninja, project firestart, mission impossible.. just to name a few

+ Reefer_Smoker97 on February 22nd, 2008 at 10:10 pm said:

i was just thinking about the mortal combat trilogy the other day that would be dope if they gave it to us also i think grace u need to a dam better job at putting things in the store this was a sad update probably one of the worst in a while

+ NewYork214 on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:20 pm said:

someone probably posted this already but im not going through 160+ comments. but new Pain mode and Pain character are up on the store now.

+ cmargary on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:51 pm said:

@153 vitz3

Stop those petitions, will do nothing really… and if someone from here are sending me message to my PSN id about it stop it really… it’s annoying.. it will not come real soon, soon but not that soon, maybe not in spring now either because now have the date of TBA instead of spring 2008 now…

@161 cordtwo

Yes golden eye will be cool but isn’t too much classics games in the PSN beside the ps1 ones…

@164 NewYork214

Yes pain comes today… the information board works for something lol, if it wasn’t for that I will never know, they said they have troubles to put it in the store… anyway that ninja guy is so small for me…

+ ryuzx on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:54 pm said:

Hm, thanks for another PSOne release, and a solid update all-around! I hope Castlevania Chronicles is next (it’s on the ESRB list) and Intelligent Qube is soon.

As for HOME, you guys should really stop expecting it before April. Honest. Trust me on it. Not before April. PS3Fanboy had a write up on it: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/02/21/home-beta-gets-a-significant-update-next-week/ If it was going to be out in a couple months, the intertubes would be overloaded with the news, and GDC would be an excellent time to announce it.

It’ll be worth the wait, but they can’t release something without testing it internationally with a smaller group, which requires worldwide beta-testers to get on, test how the HOME system handles itself, as well as how it interacts with your system, games, and all the customization options open. All of this is why HOME isn’t something they can just dump on the market like any other game, online or not. I have no idea why Sony enjoys frustrating its fanbase on this issue, but I bet it won’t get officially released until November. They may open up beta slots, or even have open beta, before then, so be patient on this one—no other platform has anything like this. This is a viable reason why they aren’t promising any dates or giving any expectations. The alternative, releasing it now or even having a full open-beta before the system is primed, would be a disaster no one would want…. well, except for maybe Nintendo and Microsoft. = P

+ Kedaro on February 23rd, 2008 at 12:03 am said:

That damn GoW demo totally snuck past me, I didn’t notice it until late tonight, thought the update kinda’ sucked, until I did… now I take it back right after saying it.

+ Simstim on February 23rd, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

Less Jet Moto more Alundra and Tomba

+ Dan-I-Smith on February 23rd, 2008 at 5:18 pm said:

Pain stuff up im told.

As for home the wait is not to be ignored imo. All this venting is healthy for indicating our level of desire for the release……right??

+ Maddens Raiders on February 23rd, 2008 at 5:27 pm said:

I agree with Dan-I-Smith.

This entire wait for HOME is getting ridiculous. People are really anxious to get their hands on it and an open Beta would be the best way to go imho. I mean c’mon SNE, we don’t have in game XMB, at least give us a (((sniff))) at when HOME will be available for us to drool over. The tension level that’s building for this app is at a fever pitch. Just head on over to N4G.com if you don’t believe me.

PlayStation owners from all around the world are clamoring and screaming for HOME. http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-114866.aspx?CT=1#Comments

+ vitz3 on February 23rd, 2008 at 8:17 pm said:

@165

I never started those petitions. I’m just informing that someone else started a petition.

I already signed.

+ rahstar2003 on February 23rd, 2008 at 8:43 pm said:

I would definatly buy pixel junk monsters if the playstation network cards were out in my chicagoland area.

+ not-buying-incognito on February 23rd, 2008 at 10:22 pm said:

UPDATE IS VERY WEAK !!!!!!
more psn GAMES are needed..
Mortal Kombat 3 ps1

+ Dan-I-Smith on February 23rd, 2008 at 10:30 pm said:

@rahstar2003

Yet another thing we have been waitin on….it is lookn positive though, I remember those christmas gift ones. Thats gotta be some kinda sign.
Personally I dont need them But alot of people would use them. So for the life of me I cant get why they havnt sped the process up.

+ Maddens Raiders on February 23rd, 2008 at 10:50 pm said:

Announce a release date for HOME and conquer the world. What are you waiting for?

Kutraragi-san thinks that this is the best time to announce the application, and I think we all know how profound his predictions are. : P

P.S. – what’s up with Cellius. Where’s Ace Combat!?!?!?

PSN – Maddens_Raiders

+ Maddens Raiders on February 23rd, 2008 at 11:16 pm said:

Thanks for the HOME petition link vitz3. I had not seen it before on N4G. Just signed!

+ rahstar2003 on February 25th, 2008 at 2:03 am said:

@Dan-I-Smith

Yea, I think there sales would go through the roof if they got those playstation network cards out to stores. Sometime before christmas they said the cards would be hitting stores early 08′. Cant understand the delay on this, is sony also having development issues with the network cards?!

+ corvettes_82 on February 25th, 2008 at 4:28 am said:

I have a couple of questions. what exactly is going on with the Ps1 games for Japan ?why arent we getting them too i only ask cuz i dont recall sony addressing it i dont think its a Japan Vs America Thing cuz that would be stupid but is it due to licensing or converting issues ? and my second question is This blog is for everything playstation if im not wrong so why isnt there very much going on i mean nothing new is being said on a week to week basis theres maybe one or 2 topics a day IF that from what You guys have said theres a lot going on But no one is talking on a factual basis its all heresay …on a different note congrats sony on kicking HD-DVD ass :D and kudos on the fact there isnt one decent leak in your company rofl cuz i cant find shi* anywhere about home that isnt a load of crap … @ everyone can anyone recommend some Ps3 games to check out ive got DMC4,Folklore,Motorstorm,Assassins Creed,Conan So far ..BTW thanx for the FREE PSN update its not the best but theyre getting better and when should i expect the next PS3 Firmware ? ..Peace

+ mobiletone on February 25th, 2008 at 11:06 am said:

lost – black and white long haired kitten if seen please call.

+ Jeanus on February 25th, 2008 at 8:19 pm said:

Please People of Sony I beg you, upload a Devil May Cry 4 Theme please, I want a DMC4 Theme for my PS3!!!

Thank you!!!

+ jpwest on February 27th, 2008 at 8:11 am said:

When is Sony going to acknowledge that there is a problem for some PSP owners who are unable to download games or demos from the PC store? Check the message boards; do a search for 0x80048a25 (this is one of the error messages being reported). Customer service is telling people to contact the playstation.com webmaster, and vice versa. Nobody at Sony will offer a solution.

And for the doubters out there, YES, we have installed the downloader, YES, we have connected via USB, YES, we have the latest firmware, YES, we are able to successfully download wallpapers, videos and themes.

Sony, please read this and respond!

+ Loucifer on February 27th, 2008 at 8:24 am said:

@jpwest

dude good luck with that

+ nuno on February 27th, 2008 at 9:22 am said:

As others have posted, I believe Sony would win a great deal if a bunch of simple, casual games were published.

Just like in … hrrmrm… Xbox Live Arcade.

Simple things like:
– Checkers
– Chess
– Tetris

Popular and old favourites like:
– Settlers / Catan
– Bejewled
– Bomberman
– Chaos
– Diablo
– Worms
– UFO /XCOM

And “indie” stuff like:
– Rag Doll Kung-fu
– Alien Hominid
– Jet Set Willy Online
– Cave Story
– Knytt
– Head Over Heels (remake)

The advantages are, I believe, obvious. $$, support for the casual gamers community, more devellopers working on the PS3, etc..

It’s also probably the one thing where Xbox still has an edge over PS3…

+ Maddens Raiders on February 27th, 2008 at 12:55 pm said:

Sony Fans Want To Go (((HOME)))

+ Maddens Raiders on February 27th, 2008 at 3:17 pm said:

Thinking of HOME…….

+ Gregero on February 28th, 2008 at 10:53 am said:

My god am I afraid to look at the U.S. PS Store today. After the EU Store received only two objects to download I’m sure our update will suck just as much. Hope there’s something special for later today or something.

+ craigiversen on February 28th, 2008 at 11:04 am said:

@186 – I’m sure you won’t have too much to worry about. It’s not the fault of the American consumer, but you will get at least 6 items to download if we got 2.

It’s sad, sad and pathetic, but that’s how it goes.

PAGE 1 2 3 4