GTAV PS4

Patapost Friday: Get your Patapon BE@RBRICK

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Feb 22, 2008 // Producer

bearbrick_02

Word around Patapolis is that Priestess Meden is built like a brick house … a BE@RBRICK house that is. You’ve probably seen images of it floating around, and the overall sentiment has can be easily outlined as follows:

- zOMG, how cool.
- Where can I get one?
- How much it be?

zOMG how cool.
Yes, we agree 100%. Patapon’s character designer, ROLITO, has transplanted the loveable eyeballs from the 2D real of the PSP into the 3D realm of tactile physical objects.

Where can I get one?
We’re going to be making a few announcements as to how you can obtain one of these ultra-kawaii-pon BE@RBRICKS soon. Keep a watchful eye on some of your favorite gaming and toy websites, as they’ll be part of the craziness as well.

How much this be?
As all things special, the Patapon BE@RBRICK is priceless, meaning that its $0.00. The only way to get a one will be through special promotions.

As the Pata-drool begins to drip, I’m sure you are asking “What special promotions?” I would reply “The ones listed on the new full official website-pon.”

pataponhomepataponextras

Look for the BE@RBRICK page, in the “Extras” section where you’ll find Pata-goodies to download. After that don’t forget to take “Mighty One 101” and learn about all the Pata-peeps and how to order your army around with your beat.

patapongameplay2

pataponcharacterspatapongameplay

With that I will leave you till next week, when PATAPON HITS STORES and we all dance for joy!

39 Comments

+ Fabi on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:04 am said:

Hehe looks cool. I want one.

+ darkiewonder on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:07 am said:

haha. I saw what you did there :P

mmmm. I would love to get my hands one of those creation!

+ JamesL007 on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:11 am said:

You will be mine, I like that little thing for some reason. Can’t wait to see how to win one.

+ deadxbabiesxinc on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:29 am said:

Even if we don’t win one of those Be@rbricks, remember…when Patapon comes out next week…we are ALL winners :)

+ ISEMAN on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:35 am said:

Played the demo and unlocked that special weapon. What a blast….can’t wait to pick this game up.

I’m flying this next weekend, so it’s perfect timing!!!

+ ftwrthtx on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:37 am said:

Very fun game.

+ Daver on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:41 am said:

I dont have a PSP but this game looks definetly awesome and original.. might buy one to try it out even if im not a bif fan of portable gaming system

+ Torgo on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:45 am said:

Buy this game. I’m completely addicted and I’m not even that good at it.

+ Federation on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:52 am said:

I got the demo disc, I Love the Game and I’m going to get it on day one!

Are you going to make add-ons for Patapon?

+ Jeigh on February 22nd, 2008 at 11:55 am said:

Pata-priceless! :D

This game looks like it’s pon-packed! :P

Looking forward to it.

+ C-h-a-o-s on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:15 pm said:

@4

Says you, I want to be a winner +1 not just a winner.

+ C-h-a-o-s on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:27 pm said:

I hate to double post but it would be cool if we could send away for one of those, Like they did with MLB 07 The show, we could send away for New Era hats. Just throwing it out there so some of us early buyers could have the awesomeness of the be@rbrick.

+ reson8er on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

must. have. one.

+ EViD on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

holly PON
the site is so COOL

A MUST BUY

+ P_tear_griffin on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:33 pm said:

I finally downloaded and played the patapon demo and yea, I’m drumming to the beat. I’ll pata pata all the way next week!

+ gardea on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

Going to go pre-order tomorrow, along with God of War: Chains of Olympus.

Hopefully.

+ tails-4 on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:50 pm said:

lol sweeet
loved this demo
fresh and original

i think this game is what the psp was designed for in terms of genres

+ typikal82 on February 22nd, 2008 at 12:54 pm said:

too cool

PON PON PATA PON

+ Snap on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

Thank goodness Sony has Patapon and God of War for PSP this quarter otherwise it would be a complete failure.

+ Rated-G on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

Wow… and for a while there I thought MAYBE this^^^ wouldn’t happen for this post… we were doing real good there guys…. good try…

+ Stallone on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

Pata Pata pon pon XMB Pata pata pon pon pata Home pata pat pon pata pata pon Where are pata-they?!

+ lynux3 on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

DO WANT!

+ CrimsonCalibur on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

I must own that. now.

+ Frazz on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

I never had this game on my radar…then I played the demo.Wow this game is great

+ subbed on February 22nd, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

I am not good at the fever mode but this game is awesome!

+ NewYork214 on February 22nd, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

thanks for the heads up.

@ subbed

i suck at fever mode to.

+ crystalx3d on February 22nd, 2008 at 2:46 pm said:

Well I liked the demo and I’ll probably buy the full game, but why would I give a flying flip about some plastic bear? I guess if you’re into collecting useless crap then that’s one thing. But I’m not going to get all worked up over something just ’cause it’s stamped with the patapon logo. People who get excited about this are the same types who pay hundreds of dollars for beanie babies and then can’t sell them for a dime a dozen on ebay after the fad has passed.

+ davidcr on February 22nd, 2008 at 4:38 pm said:

Too bad that is only for PSP, it should be available as a download-able game to play on the PS3 system.

+ erico316 on February 22nd, 2008 at 5:14 pm said:

ok now we have a problem i love that toy hoply u guys will post the info on how to obtain one on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ J3SS on February 22nd, 2008 at 8:23 pm said:

It’s cool but it’s lame at the same time. I would’ve preferred a Rolitoboy instead of this ugly ass bear thing. I hope toy2r.com and Rolito put something way better than this.

With all the whining out of the way, I’ll still try to get one anyway.

+ andrewr4 on February 22nd, 2008 at 8:36 pm said:

Any chance these will be available for winning outside America? I live in Australia and would love to get me one of these but we never seem to be able to get any of the cool stuff.

+ EnigmaOppanax on February 23rd, 2008 at 1:11 am said:

That is kind of cute, I wouldn’t mind having one. Too bad I have terrible luck in these matters.

+ Rogerjak on February 23rd, 2008 at 8:38 am said:

I want this game so bad! But I don’t have a PSP :( Maybe you guys will port it to PSN :)

+ DrakeLake on February 23rd, 2008 at 11:00 am said:

We widescreen monitor folks are always forgotten :(

My girlfriend went and made a widescreen wallpaper, though. Check it out:

+ cronqvist on February 23rd, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

I support andrewr4 (#31). Any chance I can get one if I live in Mexico?

+ original_copycat on February 24th, 2008 at 7:59 am said:

I made a Patapon PS3 theme using the fan art pack from the Patapon website. Check it out here: http://www.allps3themes.com/2008/02/24/patapon2/

+ Dew87 on February 24th, 2008 at 6:58 pm said:

Why can’t we have these promos in the UK!!? =’(

+ Korlithiel on February 24th, 2008 at 10:00 pm said:

I’m still curious, why was the ability to pause not included in Patapon?

If you put the system to sleep you lose your beat no matter what, and since this game is on a portable I imagine the developers would want to stress the ability to stop playing when you need to.

The only argument I’ve heard is that the developers figured you would lose your rhythm anyways, so why not just put your PSP to sleep.

Which to me really feels like they are saying, “gamers can’t be expected to pause and remember the rhythm while playing a game, so we won’t be including what is now a basic feature in games.” and that is enough of a reason why I can’t see buying this until a price drop.

$20 is still too much for a game that includes such a glaring flaw.

+ wuhocheung on February 25th, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

The draw does not allow Canadian to participate as Zip code only can be 5 digits

I hope there will be a Canadian one contest too