Calling on all aspiring actors, producers and film directors … get your star studded trivia hat on cause it’s time to get buzzing! This is Rob Alvarez, Product Marketing Manager for the Buzz franchise. Hopefully, you had a chance to check out the 80th Academy Awards last night, which took place at the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles. In celebration of the awards and the upcoming March release of Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz, we’ve had some pretty cool stuff going on within the Buzz world.
Last week at GDC, we held a Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz charity challenge where 16 players from a number of different media outlets including Joystiq, Destructiod, GamesRadar, CNet, TotalPlayStation.com and others competed for a donation to the charity of their choice. Sam Bishop of TotalPlayStation.com took home the prize with his ultimate Buzz skills and made his donation to the SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).
Thanks to everyone who participated in the quiz contest a couple of weeks back. Answers are below to the Hollywood Quiz questions featured in the contest.
Winners have been notified, so congrats to those who took home prizes! As soon as all the necessary paperwork is complete, we’ll go ahead and post the names of the winners. Last but not least, we wanted to share with you a new game trailer for Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz. We hope you enjoy it. On March 11th get ready to experience the ultimate game show, live in your living room: “Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz.” Stay tuned!
1. IN WHICH MOVIE DOES HONOR BLACKMAN PLAY A BOND GIRL?
2. WHO DOES THE ‘TRUFFLE SHUFFLE’?
3. WHICH BLOCKBUSTER RECEIVED THE MOST ACADEMY AWARD® NOMINATIONS?
4. WE ARE TOLD THAT THE ‘STAR WARS’ SAGA TAKES PLACE A LONG TIME AGO, BUT WHERE?
Answer: A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY
5. ON WHICH CLASSIC NOVEL IS THE 2001 MOVIE ‘BRIDGET JONES’S DIARY’ LOOSELY BASED?
Answer: PRIDE & PREJUDICE
6. WHICH ’60S CLASSIC ENDS ON A SWISS MOUNTAIN ROAD, LITERALLY WITH A CLIFF-HANGER?
Answer: THE ITALIAN JOB
7. WHICH NEW YORK CITY FIREFIGHTER WENT ON TO BECOME A ‘RESERVOIR DOG’?
Answer: STEVE BUSCEMI
8. WHICH SONG DOES THE SULTRY SCARLETT JOHANSSON PERFORM AT THE KARAOKE BAR IN ‘LOST IN TRANSLATION’?
Answer: BRASS IN POCKET
9. HOW IS THE INEXORABLE T-1000 FINALLY DEFEATED AT THE END OF ‘TERMINATOR 2’?
10. WHICH CHARACTER’S MAKE UP WAS SO CONVINCING IT PROMPTED A NEW ACADEMY AWARD CATEGORY FOR ‘BEST MAKE-UP’?
Answer: THE ELEPHANT MAN