Bloodborne

P-Day is upon us!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Feb 26, 2008 // Producer

Gather up all spears and swords; mount the horses and man the catapults; shelter all the women and children: P-day is upon us!

Yes kids, Patapon is now available at all your fine retail shops, mega-stores and game stores nationwide. You are but a drive (walk, bike, skate) away from drumming up mighty rain clouds and creating unstoppable kawaii-armies of doom (to the Zigotons that is)!

Cold Pata-feet
If you’re on the fence or have commitment issues, here are a few items to help you decide and take the pata-plunge:

• Check out the demo available for download at the PlayStation Network Store or Patapon Web site.
  • Read the accolades here, here, here, here, and here (Not to mention here – Pata-Props for the sweet Pics).
  • Stroll through our Patapon trophy case
  • Patapon Awards

• What the reviewers are saying:
  • Patapon is the greatest game this system has ever seen“- IGN.com
    unlike any game that has come before it” – GameSpot
    a bona fide hit for the PSP.”- GamePro
    just dynamite.”- Electronic Gaming Monthly

• How else do you plan to spend 20 bucks?

Pata-Updates
Fear not, ye weary Patapon fighters, we’ll be checking in here on Patapost Friday with game strategy and special tips. So if you have questions on gameplay or are feeling a bit stuck: drop us a note, we’ll see if we answer them then.

Till Friday … same Pata-time, same Pata-channel.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Frazz on February 26th, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

thanks for putting the demo up on the store cause if you didnt I never would have considered the game.Now Im picking it up for sure

+ NewYork214 on February 26th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

just got my confirmation that my overnight shippin from gamestop is on its way. woo!!

+ LX on February 26th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

none of the stores in my area (near toronto) have received shipments yet…bah

+ ghamdikh1 on February 26th, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

@Chris
yoChris does this game support remote play feature.‎

+ NewYork214 on February 26th, 2008 at 5:11 pm said:

@4 Chris

this is a PSP UMD game. not a PS3 game.

+ dynolord on February 26th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

yeah the demo was kick ass i played it on my friends psp and i think i might get a psp just to get this and loccoroco

+ NewYork214 on February 26th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

oops meant at @4 ghamdikh1

+ btutterrow on February 26th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

Picking mine up tomorrow at Gamestop!

I will be pataponing all Wednesday night.

+ Nymo on February 26th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

Just picked it up here in San Francisco, and got a BearBrick! Whoo!

Can’t wait for Pata-Tip-Day!

+ THATPSPGUY on February 26th, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

finished

+ darkiewonder on February 26th, 2008 at 5:24 pm said:

Have to wait a few more days to get this game ;(

+ KazeEternal on February 26th, 2008 at 5:25 pm said:

Cute Armies of doom O.o fear them

+ foolio_67 on February 26th, 2008 at 5:26 pm said:

I’m very close to buying this game!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ chmiranda on February 26th, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

Close as in your on your way to the store close? As in a few blocks away close?

+ Stoffinator on February 26th, 2008 at 5:34 pm said:

I hope this game turns out to be a success for you guys.

+ ftwrthtx on February 26th, 2008 at 5:38 pm said:

This game should sell quite a few copies.

The demo sold me on it BTW.

+ ghamdikh1 on February 26th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

oops thanks NewYork214.

+ johnnyblades on February 26th, 2008 at 5:40 pm said:

honestly can’t wait to pick this up. I hope futureshop gets it in tomorrow.

+ tagout on February 26th, 2008 at 5:46 pm said:

I can’t keep up with fever! Definitely need some tips.

+ diablo103 on February 26th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

its a really great game (from wat ive played in the demo) and im pretty sure this is going to be one of those games that expands the ways developers come up with new titles great game cant waite to buy it!!!

+ Neil on February 26th, 2008 at 5:54 pm said:

this is my goodies.

+ crystalx3d on February 26th, 2008 at 5:58 pm said:

I went to bestbuy today to get this and they didn’t have it :( The guy said that it wasn’t supposed to come out until tomorrow and that they probably wouldn’t get it in until tomorrow night. :( :( I also checked eb games and didn’t see it on the shelf. Was really looking forward to playing this tonight too…

+ Keysersoze10033 on February 26th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

This game has been paid in full for weeks :). Even my girl was hooked after playing the demo. Good job guys!

+ Stallone on February 26th, 2008 at 6:22 pm said:

Pata-sexiness. The demo is really good :P

Anyhow. Wheres the PATA-Home that’s coming soon? And will Pata-pon be associated with it? Tell meh :D

+ xplosneer on February 26th, 2008 at 6:23 pm said:

Much deserved.
Stuffonmycat=pure gold.

+ CONFUSEDgam3r on February 26th, 2008 at 6:30 pm said:

Ahhh…so close. I went to buy it today but it had not been shipped to the store. Oh well, at least I have it pre-ordered making it, “good to go.”

This game is going to be better than Loco Roco. BTW: Thanks for putting together that awesome Q&A that I was a part of, you told me just what I wanted to hear.

+ cmargary on February 26th, 2008 at 6:31 pm said:

@DankandSticky

Maybe because it’s a busy game but make it again and you will be banned :P

+ Mort on February 26th, 2008 at 6:35 pm said:

Like so many others, I wasn’t going to bother with this game, until the demo came out on the store (and I was one of those that pleaded to have one put there, so imagine my surprise last week when you guys actually listened to us!!). Once I played it I was hooked! Even my wife loved it, and she doesn’t play games (although she is excited to get her hands on LBP…). So imagine my disappointment when I headed out to my local Target today, only to be told that they are not getting the game in until tomorrow! Aggghhhh!!!

But seriously, if you are even remotely interested in finding out what the buzz is all about – download the demo – you’ll get it.

Thanks to Sony for their continued support of evolving games, and thanks to the Patapon team for following your convictions. I love this game!!

+ Stallone on February 26th, 2008 at 7:04 pm said:

Did I get banned from the blog or something?!

+ Stallone on February 26th, 2008 at 7:05 pm said:

OOps disregard above post b4 it said i was commenting too fast even though i never commented :(

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 26th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

1st Ever Post!!

Hey Pata-Peeps- I’ve been reading all the Pataposts for a bit so now that we are FINALLY launching this bad boy, I really want to thank everyone for their enthusiasm and support for our brave little tribe.

I truly believe the success of games like Patapon and LocoRoco opens the door to even more new and original experiences that all gamers deserve.

Its truly been a great ride working on it and with anyluck, maybe we’ll meet again on Patapon 2: The Zigotons Strike Back! :)

ps- Sorry to the folks who aren’t finding it at their stores today, I’m sure that they will be stocked this week. Call before to save yourself some gas…or sneaker wear…or bus fare. (you get the picture)

Pata-peace!

+ Goodfella2487 on February 26th, 2008 at 7:32 pm said:

Im picking this up tomorrow! SCEJ rocks!

+ Spaceghost4284 on February 26th, 2008 at 7:36 pm said:

So when does this come out for the PSN on PS3? Get developing!!!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ clacson on February 26th, 2008 at 7:41 pm said:

I\’ll put in a request for ya.
    (and tons of others who have mentioned this)

+ TwoBlack4America on February 26th, 2008 at 7:53 pm said:

You guys have created one of the best games for the PSP. And it only costs 20 dollars..Talk about a preview of rapture.

+ tagout on February 26th, 2008 at 8:10 pm said:

@Chuck Lacson

Any info on PSN pre-paid cards? It seems Sony have forgotten all about it..

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ clacson on February 26th, 2008 at 8:16 pm said:

They haven\’t forgotten about it, still in progress as far as I know. Its always the way…good ideas take a while to do right…but the wait is such a headache.

+ tagout on February 26th, 2008 at 8:32 pm said:

@Chuck Lacson

Thanks for the reply. The MGS PS3 bundle is mighty sexy inside and out. Just a question though, will Sony bundle an official headset with it? Playing online in CoD 4, and Warhawk is great , but it lacks communication. One thing Sony overlooked especially with future AAA titles like Killzone 2, and Resistance 2 coming out this year,

+ Kazammm on February 26th, 2008 at 8:56 pm said:

Sweet, but I called my local Gamestop and they said its not out till Thursday. I am sad now.

+ Reluctant Hero on February 26th, 2008 at 9:23 pm said:

I’m looking forward to picking up my rserved copy tomorrow! That reminds me, I need to finish up the demo to obtain the Spear!

Chris, I’m looking forward to buying another one the games your working on next month- Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds! Lets see more blog posts on this game now that Patapon is released.

+ foolio_67 on February 26th, 2008 at 9:24 pm said:

@chmiranda…….haha maybe :P But seriously I’ve decided to buy it, looks like you guys made a great game!! :)

+ WoLoCo on February 26th, 2008 at 9:28 pm said:

LOVE this game! Pre-ordered it a month ago.

Wish Patapon Be@rbrick can be purchased, I don’t think I am lucky enough to win one…..

+ Ahsayuni on February 26th, 2008 at 9:35 pm said:

@ anyone:
I havent beaten the demo yet, I’m always needing to restart it, and I was wondering if you use the triangle and circle buttons later on?

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ clacson on February 26th, 2008 at 9:57 pm said:

Yes, you will definitely use all the buttons in the game. Check out PataponPSP.com (specifically the GAMEPLAY section) you\’ll see all the different commands you will get master.

Good luck finishing the demo and getting the Spear!

+ PS3_GAM3R on February 26th, 2008 at 11:20 pm said:

As far as tips go for this game, can you please tell me, or us the different color Patapons? How do you get them? By the way beat the Demo and paid in full for the pre-order!!

+ J3SS on February 27th, 2008 at 12:18 am said:

All I can say is… WHOO HOO!!! The time is finally here to PATA PWN the Zigs. Good times ahead indeed.

+ NielsR on February 27th, 2008 at 12:21 am said:

I’m not the first and I’ll be not the last: “Please, make a PS3 version” :o)

Sorry, no PSP (yet)… Priorities, priorities…

+ J3SS on February 27th, 2008 at 12:23 am said:

BTW, is there anyway to download the new trailer onto the PSP? I love the epicness of the intro. Seems so much like Samurai Jack and 300 collided and had little babies.

Hope I get an official answer to my question/request.

+ Cobra Girl on February 27th, 2008 at 12:24 am said:

I stopped by my GameCrazy tonight to pick up my reserved copy, but alas… no luck. They said they should have it tomorrow. I have to say, I really enjoyed this demo and simply cannot wait to play more of the game.

Great Job to the whole team!!

+ frostquake on February 27th, 2008 at 1:05 am said:

Would love to be patapon’ing..but the stores in the South are SUPER DUPER slow to get games, I pre-bought the game in full, but they always get games 2-3 days later after the release date, even if you pre-buy them, kinda of sucks, but this is one game I don’t mind, just wish I was playing NOW!!!

+ oxygenx on February 27th, 2008 at 1:19 am said:

Nice idea to keep the price low. But next time don’t forget the rest of the World. Here in Europe Patapon costs around 40€, which is about $60.

+ Savage on February 27th, 2008 at 1:48 am said:

German engineering FTW!

+ Doucu on February 27th, 2008 at 3:03 am said:

PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version PS3-Version!!!!!!!! ;D

PAGE 1 2 3