Final Fantasy VII Remake

Feb 26

P-Day is upon us!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Feb 26, 2008 // Producer

Gather up all spears and swords; mount the horses and man the catapults; shelter all the women and children: P-day is upon us!

Yes kids, Patapon is now available at all your fine retail shops, mega-stores and game stores nationwide. You are but a drive (walk, bike, skate) away from drumming up mighty rain clouds and creating unstoppable kawaii-armies of doom (to the Zigotons that is)!

Cold Pata-feet
If you’re on the fence or have commitment issues, here are a few items to help you decide and take the pata-plunge:

• Check out the demo available for download at the PlayStation Network Store or Patapon Web site.
  • Read the accolades here, here, here, here, and here (Not to mention here – Pata-Props for the sweet Pics).
  • Stroll through our Patapon trophy case
  • Patapon Awards

• What the reviewers are saying:
  • Patapon is the greatest game this system has ever seen“-
    unlike any game that has come before it” – GameSpot
    a bona fide hit for the PSP.”- GamePro
    just dynamite.”- Electronic Gaming Monthly

• How else do you plan to spend 20 bucks?

Fear not, ye weary Patapon fighters, we’ll be checking in here on Patapost Friday with game strategy and special tips. So if you have questions on gameplay or are feeling a bit stuck: drop us a note, we’ll see if we answer them then.

Till Friday … same Pata-time, same Pata-channel.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ J3SS on February 29th, 2008 at 1:30 pm said:

Man I hope you guys are serious about making a Patapon theme. Especially if Rolito gets involved. At this point my mind is on a Patapon high. And man it feels so freakin good!

Please make it happen for us fans!!!

+ J3SS on February 29th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

Oh! Thanks for fulfilling my request for the PSP Patapon trailer. I’ve shown it to my buddies at work along with the game and so far a few of them have taken the bait. Even 2 that don’t own a PSP yet. (But soon will… hahahahaaaa!)

+ P_tear_griffin on February 27th, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

how about a patapon theme for the psp?

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ clacson on February 27th, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

I know right? That would be sick! I\’m actually working on trying to get that to happen. I\’d love to get one created by Rolito himself if I could.

Be sure to download the fan kit on the website, you might be able to make your own Patapon goodness in the meantime.

+ odz on February 27th, 2008 at 8:46 pm said:

Umm yea so 29 bucks for US player but here in Australia its going to cost over 60?

You just lost yourself a customer.

+ gravismors on February 27th, 2008 at 8:47 pm said:

walked into gamestop today and they were unboxing them as i walked up to the register.

bought it and walked out. very glad i decided to pick it up

+ odz on February 27th, 2008 at 8:48 pm said:

I mean 20, and yea thanks for nothing, arsewipes, u charge us over 200 bucks extra for the PS3 and now this?

Im so peed off right now……

+ C-h-a-o-s on February 27th, 2008 at 9:00 pm said:

Well I picked up my copy and I have to say I am pata-pleased. The best thing of this game is all the compliments, since my name is 4 letters long they praise the almight (insert my name here), which is absolute greatness.

+ wuhocheung on February 27th, 2008 at 9:06 pm said:

I have just download the video for the psp. It was surpise that the post master is on one of the pataponvideo.

I will sure getting patapon tomorrow. (I am doing an 30% marks assignment due on this Friday).

As my prediction, I hope I will finish the story of the game in 4 days with less than 25 hours. Because if I am in one thing I will really into it.

And I am gald that there are patapon 2 will come out later. I hope I can save enough pocket money to buy at that time.

I just wonder its there a way I can get the OST in patapon in the future??

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ clacson on February 28th, 2008 at 12:13 am said:

Hmm…if there is enough interest in the OST, that is something we can ask about.

As for Patapon 2, I really HOPE there will be one. No official word yet, but \”with any luck\” and with the great support you all are giving now, we might see these little guys come marching back.

Good luck in finishing both the game and your assignment!

ps- Big ups to Chris who braved the camera and did an awesome Q&A video! It was not an easy task. If you all haven\’t seen it yet, hit up the Patapon Game Details Page on

+ DankandSticky on February 27th, 2008 at 10:30 pm said:

very fun, awesome idea….. ill beats… bring on revenge of the zigotons!!!!

+ lakaihigh on February 27th, 2008 at 10:41 pm said:

picked up the game tonight and I LOVE IT!!! thanks for the awesome game guys! you had my $20 at pata-hello. I can’t believe ive already logged in 5 hours of it and have only gotten to the desert level where you bring down the rain. it makes me so addicted to beating. I went back and got the rain juju so now its time to beat that level. i hope the game is a huge success for you devs, i want to see all your hard work getting paid off. oh yeah and bring on patapon 2, ill be all over that. hope to see more original stuff from you guys and i hope this inspires more developers for the psp to make new original IPs. it needs it.

@ chris or clacson – any ideas or thoughts of developing new games for the PS3 or PS2? cuz i would gladly support your guys work on all the PS systems!

thanks again,

+ crystalx3d on February 28th, 2008 at 12:14 am said:

@93 Why do people find the need to complain about problems specific to other countries on the USA playstation blog? *sigh…*

Anyway, I picked this up today at bestbuy. They hadn’t even put it on the shelves yet, I made the guy go get it from the back room >:D They even had one of the demo disks left and let me have it since there wouldn’t be anymore preorders with the game already out. So now I can get the special spear!

+ C-h-a-o-s on February 28th, 2008 at 5:38 am said:

Any word on Be@rBricks coming stateside? I wouldn’t mind having a collectible item from this game. I would import it from Japan but I don’t know of any trust worthy sites that would have them.

I have entered every contest I’ve seen. PSPFanboy/Joystiq/GameDaily (I think) and IGN. I would have entered Kotaku but by the time I saw it I was porbably too late.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ clacson on February 28th, 2008 at 9:56 am said:

As far as I know they are only available in Japan. :(

Good luck in the contests, there are more to come. Rumor has it our promotions group will be taking a bunch of them to big events like Comicon and PAX as giveaways so if you find yourself there you might score.

+ Vipre77 on February 28th, 2008 at 5:51 am said:

Disclaimer: I’m posting this here because your “Contact Us” link is a steaming pile of crap that doesn’t work. Already tried it and it keeps erroring out saying “remarks not valid” without explaining what isn’t valid, thanks. Just put up a friggin’ email address already and ditch the stupid forms and I’ll gladly not post things like this here in the future.

There is an article up on about PEGI having rated 25 “new” PS1 titles for release on the PSN Store in Europe. In one fell swoop, by my count, that’ll put Europe ahead of the US in the number of PS1 releases on the PSN store. And that’s not even including the number of titles they’ve already got released there.

Meanwhile, Nintendo’s managing to get 3 additional titles out on their Virtual Console every single week.

Some forum-goers are speculating that the slow release schedule for PS1 games in the US may have to do with licensing issues for distribution. Is that true? If so, what happened to the licenses you previously held when the games were originally released? Are those no longer applicable for digital distribution? Have they expired? If licenses need to be renewed, why is it taking so long? How is Nintendo of America managing to get it done, but SCEA cannot?

I own all four PlayStation video game consoles ever sold in the US. I’ve been a loyal owner, not purchasing any other video game systems since 1997 when I got my PS1. I’m growing weary of seeing the US continually passed up by other markets when it comes to software and peripheral releases. The US never got the PSX unit like Japan got. The US had to wait forever to get the HDD accessory for PS2 even though it promised every since a couple months after the console launched and by the time we did get it (several years down the road), it was already dead in the water and no one supported it. Japan has had the Chotto Shot and the GPS accessories for about a year now and still barely even a mention of them in the US. Still not available here… Now with PS3, we’re getting hosed on the release of Play TV and PS1 titles on the PSN Store. It takes three instances to be able to form a trend. We’re past three instances now and there’s clearly a trend here.

Frankly, I’m getting a little sick of it and I have more patience than most people. I’m not asking for a larger number of releases or better support than other markets. What I’m asking for is parity. Am I whining? Sure, I am. But I think it’s justified and I think loyal Sony supporters deserve an explanation.

P.S.: Feel free to contact me via email if you’d rather reply privately.

+ bAss_ackwards on February 28th, 2008 at 5:56 am said:

I’m buying this game as soon as I am done with Jeanne D’arc.

+ J3SS on February 28th, 2008 at 12:17 am said:

I’m liking this so much I went and bought a third copy. This one I will keep sealed… FOR EVAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!

Really hope this becomes a series.
A PS3 port would be sublime right about now.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ clacson on February 28th, 2008 at 12:33 am said:

Wow Talk about Pata-Love!

If you really want something to collect hit up some of the online sweepstakes going on now and win a Patapon Be@brick.

Some others like IGN give you a shot at other Pata-Goodies too.

PAGE 1 2 3