PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 28, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Add-on Game Content

PAIN: Scurv Dogg Character ($0.99)
Straight from the South Central Seas, Scurv Dogg, the latest addition to the PAIN posse, can spice up your game with some scurvy flair and the horrible manners of a seasoned seadog. Armed with only a bad hat and a bad attitude, this bitter downloadable pirate has the attitude for PAIN – he hates everything – including your skills if you don’t have game. Bring it.
File size: 8.78 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. Nine Inch Nails Track Pack 1 includes all three songs. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “March of the Pigs” – Nine Inch Nails ($1.99)
  • “The Collector- Nine Inch Nails ($1.99)
  • “The Perfect Drug” – Nine Inch Nails ($1.99)
  • Nine Inch Nails Track Pack 1 ($5.49)

File sizes: 17.8 MB – 36.1 MB (singles), 74.4 MB (Track Pack).

If you previously purchased any of the following Rock Band tracks, newer versions are now available. Visit the PLAYSTATION Store and re-download them from your Download List free of charge. Online play/leaderboards/ranking are not affected by this. You won’t be punished for not downloading them again, however, as these bug fixes have no effect on gameplay.

Title/Launch Date

• “Can’t Stand Losing You” – Nov. 22
  • “Roxanne” – Nov. 22
  • “Synchronicity II” – Nov. 22
  • “Police Pack 01” – Nov. 22
  • “Brass in Pocket” – Dec. 20
  • “Limelight” – Jan. 3

GUITAR HERO III: No Doubt Track Pack ($6.25)
“Don’t Speak”, “Excuse Me Mr”, “Sunday Morning” as performed by No Doubt. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com
File size: 49 MB

Game Videos

MLB 08 The Show My MLB Music Video
Get an inside first look here at the new soundtrack editor My MLB Music, one of the new features to MLB 08 The Show. Nothing Gets You Closer
File size: 43 MB (HD)

MLB 08 The Show Blog Video (free)
Have a look at the first blog video posted to the PlayStation.Blog for MLB 08 The Show. Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 39 MB (HD)

NBA 08 Amare Stoudemire Bio
Go Beyond Access and take a look inside the NBA 08 cover athlete, Amare Stoudemire. Get insights into his drive, his philosophy, his goals and his commitment to the sport of basketball. NBA 08: Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 247 MB (HD)

Condemned 2: Bloodshot Trailer 1 (free)
The first official trailer released by SEGA that shows off all of the bone-crushing action and psychological thrills that Condemned 2: Bloodshot has to offer.
File size: 125 MB (HD)

Lost Planet Trailer 2 (free)
This is a trailer showing off the single player campaign of the incredible action shooting game LOST PLANET.
File size: 150 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

Star Trek Teaser Trailer (free)
From director J.J. Abrams and screenwriters Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman comes a new vision of the greatest space adventure of all time, “Star Trek,” featuring a young, new crew venturing boldly where no man has gone before.
File size: 13 MB (SD), 47 MB (HD), 63 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

PAIN: Scurv Dogg Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Scurv Dogg theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 1.89 MB

PS3 Wallpaper

(4) Rocketmen: Axis of Evil Wallpapers (free)
Customize the background of your PS3 system with this new Rocketmen: Axis of Evil Wallpaper.
File size: 729-844 KB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Game Videos (free)

*Patapon Trailer
*Secret Agent Clank Trailer

Hope you enjoy!

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ ftwrthtx on February 28th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

Nice update!

Thanks

+ adolson on February 28th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

I’m underwhelmed.. But I’ll buy that Rock Band pack I think. I was hoping for a demo of Lost or Turning Point.. Oh well.

+ Cobra Girl on February 28th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

Doesn’t seem to be a lot going on with the store lately unless you like Rock Band. I will be checking out the Secret Agent Clank trailer, but otherwise… not very interesting.

Thanks for the update.

+ jonabbey on February 28th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

Ugh, another week with no new PSN games to buy.

+ Ebisch on February 28th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

Any word on when Still Alive is going to hit Rock Band?

+ stephen92 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

Terrible update but not as bad as the Euro update. They got 2 videos

+ PSPMAN07 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

*Sigh*

Yet another update not worth my time. I can believe Sony is appealing to one audience (That is those that own Rock Band or Pain). Its utterly ridiculous. No content for us, yet the Japan store continues to get great content. I honestly don’t know what to say any more, Sony just needs to learn its time to get it together.

+ Kazammm on February 28th, 2008 at 12:17 pm said:

Thanks for the update. Do you know when some more PSN games will come out?

+ TheHakku on February 28th, 2008 at 12:18 pm said:

So uhh… what exactly was changed with the other Rock Band tracks? I didn’t even notice (no pun intended?) that “Brass in Pocket” was available. Looks like I’m going to need to add that to my pre-PSN Card tab.

Activision should release separate tracks like Harmonix does with Rock Band. That’d be more incentive for me to buy “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

from EA/Rock Band:
    \”The following songs have incorrect genre tags which cause them to be lost when sort by genre in-game:

“Can’t Stand Losing You” 20-Nov

“Roxanne” 20-Nov

“Synchronicity II” 20-Nov

“Police Pack 01” 020-Nov

“Brass in Pocket” 18-Dec

Also there was a bug where the vocals wouldn’t turn off when the user put them the whole way down but this has been fixed now!

“Limelight” 1-Jan\”

+ nate789 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:18 pm said:

WHAT THE [DELETED] KIND OF PIECE OF [DELETED] UPDATE IS THIS?? I DONT HAVE ROCKBAND AND UNLESS YOUR A SUPER NERD WHO WANTS TO WATCH VIDEOS?? THERE BEST BE A PS3 UPDATE TODAY!! >=(

+ Stallone on February 28th, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

woot this is the best update!!!!!!

JK, but question:

How is the guy with the mad flue going (Jeff?) I mean…is he ok?

Cuz I’m sure all awaiting the dev’s answers to all of our questions of GDC.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 28th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

Thanks for asking, I\’m finally better now – a lot of good people got taken out by the flu @ GDC (read here and here).

Looking through the questions, we noticed that the vast majority of developer questions were for Dylan Jobe/Incognito. Right now, working on doing a video chat with him for posting here. It\’ll happen, but it\’s much harder to align schedules now that the conference is over! Stay tuned, and thanks again for your patience.

+ nate789 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

HORRRRRIBLE UPDATE I DONT OWN ROCKBAND OR PAIN.. AND IM NOT A SUPERNERD SO I DONT FEEL LIKE WATCHIN LAME VIDEOS >=(

+ btutterrow on February 28th, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

Mediocre update from a PSP point of view, but Patapon is taking up all my time anyway :)

+ scorpio on February 28th, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

No bad update…I have enough to play anyways…haha

Thanks…

+ Cerberus_Hunter on February 28th, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

errr…again no demo… :( good bye all see you next week. :D

+ Kazammm on February 28th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

@ PSPMAN07

It’s not Sony that keeps pushing the Rock Band songs. So, I think it’s just really slow on the PSN store right now. I am sure that will change back, but for now, its just slow.

+ Makasu on February 28th, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

Worst update ever :( Come on sony.. what are you doing?!

+ tearsofash on February 28th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

That’s quite a bit of content, even if it’s not in the way of demos/DLC, it’s still a pretty good update. Don’t let them get you down! Ha!

+ Umalakai on February 28th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

Id buy some of that stuff, but i cant since i live in the EU. Seriously, the store needs to be universal if Sony wants me to buy stuff from it, i mean, what the hell was that today? Two videos while we’re still waiting for Pain, HVB, and a load of PS1 games? I know this isnt your responsibility, but there is no EU blog, so i cant actually tell the people responsible.

Good update though, id be very happy if we got that on our store today.

+ PSPMAN07 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:28 pm said:

@Kazammm

Well that doesn’t help at all, if Sony isn’t pushing the Rock Band content, it just makes the content in which they provided all the more worst, because obviously that is what PSN Users are downloading (Those who have Rock Band and Guitar Hero for those updates, like this, one thats lucky to include GH songs)

As far as content being slow, I don’t give Sony credit for that, not at all. They continue to have great updates for the Japanese Store, yet the European and US store versions are terrible at best. It is ridiculous

+ Sheen on February 28th, 2008 at 12:28 pm said:

Leaving out the ridiculous expectations that idiots love to post here, such as “WHERE IS MGS4, HAZE, OR KILLZONE 2 DEMO?????” or “WHERE IS HOME OR IN-GAME XMB LOL???” I will say that I am greatly disappointed in this update. What was I expecting? Well, to be honest, nothing specific. I just hope to see a good update every week. I’m waiting for Crash Team Racing to pop up on PSN, as JP already has it, or its coming soon.

All I would like is a nice fleshed out update that the Xbox gets every Tuesday. Get us some demos over here that they have had for a long time. Turning Point would be great, as its a game that sounds cool but might actually suck.

Just step it up Sony. Even though PS3 is on the rise, it’s still looked down upon from the general gaming public as “that overpriced system with nothing going for it”. A common comparison is PSN to Live. Once In-game XMB and Home finally hit I expect them to be at the very least even, but until then just keep up with Live’s always nice store updates. It can’t be that much to ask, can it?

+ slomo788 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:29 pm said:

Off-topic (?): No firmware update in sight? Nope? Uh ok.

How is Jeff doing? I hope it’s really just a flu… We already lost a good soldier in Harrison.

+ willacuz on February 28th, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

The Updates are free. Shut the hell up.

I’d almost rather you guys complaining not own ps3s. Just ruining the boards here.

+ nmc75 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:32 pm said:

Is there any truth to the rumors of a PS Store makeover in April? When can we PS3 owners expect to see music, and even TV show/movie downloads?

+ Carl on February 28th, 2008 at 12:33 pm said:

You guys got a good update…Why can’t the guys over at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe take a pointer from you guys at Sony Computer Entertainment America….

+ Seanscythe2 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

No Demos. Check
No Home. Check
Lame Rock Band stuff. Check
Movie Trailer. Check
Lame Character for 1 game. Check
Nothing good what-so-ever. Check

Wow another week on the PSN!
Back to COD4 until something decent arrives.

You know like all them Demos the other system keeps getting that we never see for some reason.

Or how about really nice videos for games that are coming soon? LBP? MGS4? Rainbow 6:V2, Army of two, GDC videos.

+ 3AM on February 28th, 2008 at 12:35 pm said:

Did no one release a demo? No game has a demo out there or thats been released in the last 2 weeks? cool.

I recently read in an article that you guys dont like demos, well..

Good job being morons, but do yourself a favor and look through these comments, everyone else DOES like demos…

Buncha fools you guys are.

+ nate789 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:35 pm said:

WILLACUZ

I DONT CARE IF THE UPDATES ARE FREE. WE PAYED OR I PAYED OVER 700 DOLLARS FOR MY SYSTEM AND I THIK I DESERVE A GOOD UPDATE

+ Gregero on February 28th, 2008 at 12:36 pm said:

I thumb my nose at you, Sony. We went and payed for the system so you could bring us top quality stuff over disc and over digital distribution. When you say it’s ok for Sony to give us content like this, you’ve lowered your own standards for a pricey piece of hardware.

+ PSPMAN07 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:36 pm said:

@Sheen

I have to agree. We get terrible updates almost weekly as the updates only favor one group in particular. We haven’t seen any PSOne games in which we should have seen a slew of, we haven’t seen a downloadable game in a long time, and to top it off, we wait every week for thursday to show its face, we wait faithfully every week, and almost every thursday we get a dissapointing update, yet we continue to come back. Its apparent that Sony doesn’t want PSN Users, because we have nothing to motivate Users on the digital front, we are only now gaining momentum from this past fall. The Store situation is a very dire one, more content that appeals to all audiences not just one needs to be released.

+ cmargary on February 28th, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

Sooo… thats why you keep this character of pain to another week… to have something else… so… if it wasn’t for rockband we will have a week like in the begging, just videos…

Off topic…. is really true that Sony will have a store makeover this april and will look like the singstore? I hope it’s true… just don’t do it web based….

Another off topic…

Why the EU will have it first than anyone? looks awesome… because we don’t have the camera officially launched in US?

+ kingv84 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

With all the PSONE games available to put up on the Playstation Network, Sony has no excuse for crappy updates with no downloadable game content. They have a huge library of PS ONE games, they can release at least one every week. Why wait every week for a crappy update like this and every other one that has no games for download. Sucks.

+ erico316 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

@20 xbox live didn’t get an update this week so far.To sony i would much love to get a yearly event in which the playstation bosses talk about the playstation 3 and the psp in a live steam on the ps3.Also let Phil harrison know that he did a great job and wish him the best on my behalf.please let me know if u read my post

+ Lirion on February 28th, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

At least the US PS Store gets more than just 2 trailers so stop complaining.

+ erico316 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

edit meant 21

+ Gregero on February 28th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

@Nate789

I’m with you. I payed 650 for this thing and I want what I payed for- that means demos that the other system gets and new content to buy across the PS Store. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean it’s ok to give us garbage. Screw that.

+ eksMAN on February 28th, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

terrible update and whats with all the pain character add-ons and charging a dollar for them, they should be free and anyone who’s bought them is an idiot!

+ Gregero on February 28th, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

It’s funny to see people stick up for Sony and suck them off.

+ Asshandler on February 28th, 2008 at 12:43 pm said:

Awful update, cmon guys, you’ve had such a great news week, and you finish it off with… this?

Not everyone plays Rock Band and Guitar Hero you know, enough with the downloadable content for them already, especially if they are going to be used as filler for a weekly update.

You make us wait for one day out of the week for new store content, at least make the wait worthwhile please.

+ rAdIOhEaD73 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:44 pm said:

One of the crappiest PSN updates ever, at least we didn’t get screwed as bas as Europe, they only got two trailers LOL.

+ Snap on February 28th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

@1 Suck up.

Pathetic update. Of course next week we’ll get at least one new game for the PSP.

Where are the PSOne games that are in the other countries? Where is Alundra for the US? The company that did the port is out of business due to Sony so it shouldn’t get too hard to get that put up on the American PSN store. It’s already available in Japan.

Get your act together SCEA. Do I need to spend my money on Wii virtual console games instead?

+ erico316 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

@36 there havent been a demo that is of value since jan on any system so i dont know what u complaming about i also paid 650+

+ Jeanus on February 28th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

Please I beg you for a Devil May Cry 4 Theme, it’s all I’m asking for…… this’s a nice update but I really want to see for the next Store Update a DMC 4 Theme.

Thank you I hope that the people of Sony read this!!!

+ THATPSPGUY on February 28th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

I AM SOOO BORED. xbox gets three times the content, why is that? how do I know? because I look at their content and am now starting to feel jealousy towardds ALL THE GAMES they get each week.

Not the same stuff over and over.

Come on ANYONE WHO CARES, fix PS Store so that it BEATS them.

I can’t believe this update.

Man you so want us to be pissed off, don’t you?
You must love all the comments of people who are starting to loose faith in the Playstation brand and what it offers or what the lack of offerings is.

Atleast we were hoping for more psone games( Jap. store has almost all of em)

maybe a video of the new Warhawk patch working in game play.

Maybe some Real info on Haze. ( that was going on psp but boosted to PS3, FTW?)

Maybe we would like a NEW Inside Video of HOME! To help satisfy our longing.

Hopefully someone will get the point because if this keeps going on like this.
I’m coming after your JOBS.

Sony has to start shaking up the gaming world soon or they are going to be dead in the water.

That head tracking video that’s not available to US and Canada has been beaten by Nintendon’t. How did that happen? They are going to beat you to the punch again! They have a game almost ready to release.

I have been so faithful to Sony until now. I want to Believe that there is going to be some Earth shattering games and new IP’s but how would I know? We sure don’t hear all that much on here.

What was it that was said” we want to show you, what you want to see”.

Well time to do it folks at Blogony. Because it’s like noone really works here.

Two whole days and the blog stayed static…..

Could of put a little blurb in between. How about that nice 3D gaming TV?

Impress all of us, I DARE YOU!!!!!!!

+ pancakesandsx on February 28th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

All I want is Dark Mist :-( C’mon

+ erico316 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

@43 that a great idea i second that but at the same time i already have a dmc4 theme but i would love to get one from capcom

+ Makasu on February 28th, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

Good post @44

+ PSPMAN07 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

@ Lirion

We might as well. Between the Pain add on and Rock Band/GH Tracks, what did we get? Trailers 1 movie, and about 5 games videos that I can go online and get from gametrailers.com download and put on my PS3. We basically got nothing (Speaking about those who don’t have either Pain or Rock Band) as opposed to Japan who picked up some decent content. I’m tired of these updates every week that has no merit, and are for one group and one group only. I too want content from the playstation store, I brought my PS3 just as well as those who brought Rock Band. I also want content. Furthermore, going back to the comment that Sony isn’t pushing Rock Band tracks, its even more shameful, that Harmonix or who ever IS pushing the RB tracks, is getting people to bit on to their content more so than Sony is with PSN Users without Rock Band.

+ nmc75 on February 28th, 2008 at 12:50 pm said:

If I was Grace, I’d be afraid to respond here. There are a lot of angry consumers here ready to spend their money but are upset that they can’t either because the content is not there, or what is there doesn’t suit them… on the other hand, you also have a lot of people who want some freebies because they bought a PS3. It’s might help the latter to know that demos and freebies used to be disc based and more often than not available only through subscription to a magazine… and definitely not free on a free to use network. It might also help them to know that the money spent to buy a PS3 was for the hardware only, to which Sony also has been losing money per system. But that would be reasonable thinking.

+ subbed on February 28th, 2008 at 12:51 pm said:

Lame duck update. I will say though no one is getting much conent of any value lately. Love the NIN content though.

PAGE 1 2 3 5