LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 13, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Add-on Game Content

Toy Home Expansion Pack ($6.99)
The Toy Home Expansion Pack adds even more racing fun to the miniature universe. This pack includes 6 new vehicles and 2 new playrooms, each with 3 separate configurations. Players will now be able to engage in 4-player battle both offline and online and check out their rankings online. Also included are a new set of courses in the single player mode and a free-run mode.
File size: 100 KB

PAIN Character: Nurse, Ginger ($0.99)
PAIN can hurt, but be careful – Sometimes your medical professional is really the one who needs help. Case in point, downloadable character Ginger, our on-site PAIN Nurse.
File size: 7.42 MB

PAIN Character: Cheerleader, Muffy ($0.99)
“Gimme a ‘P’! Gimme an ‘A’! Gimme an ‘I’! Gimme an ‘N’! What does it spell!?!?? Umm…Can someone tell me what that spells, please?” Yeah, that’s Muffy, our new downloadable Cheerleader for PAIN.
File size: 4.68 MB

GUITAR HERO III: Dropkick Murphy’s Track Pack (free)
“Famous for Nothing”, “Flannigans Ball”, “Johnny”, “I Hardly Knew Ya”, as performed by Dropkick Murphy’s. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com
File size: 41.7 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Shockwave” – Black Tide ($0.99)
  • “Beethoven’s C***” – Serj Tankian ($0.99)
  • “CrushCrushCrush” – Paramore ($0.99)

File sizes: 20.3 MB – 23.7 MB

Demos (free)

Major League Baseball 2K8 Demo
This is a 3 inning demo of baseball gameplay from Major League Baseball 2K8. It features 2 teams (Boston and Colorado) and 1 stadium (Fenway Park).
ESRB Rated E
File size: 952 MB

Game Videos (free)

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds – Characters & Courses
Slip on the golf shoes, step out on the course and tee it up on the PlayStation 3 with Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds.
File size: 41.6 MB (HD)

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds – New Shot System
File size: 64.5 MB (HD)

Viking: Battle for Asgard Teaser Trailer
You are Skarin, a rage-fueled Viking warrior hell-bent on revenge. The goddess of death has resurrected a legion of demon warriors to overrun mankind and begin the apocalypse. Wage all-out war to annihilate the enemy and free the Earth from the grip of the Underworld.
File size: 70.3 MB (HD)

Viking Episode 1 – Skarin’s Calling Trailer
The invasion of Hel’s Dread Legion. Midgard is brought to its knees, its sons and daughters murdered or imprisoned. Is there no one to stand against her? Have the gods deserted us?
File size: 84.7 MB (HD)

Viking Episode 2 – Siege of Caldburg Trailer
Caldburg, The Jewel of Galcliff, now overrun by Hel’s monsters and corrupted by the horrors committed within its walls. Skarin knew its importance to our people, and we marched on the city with a grim determination.
File size: 76.5 MB (HD)

PS3 Themes (free)

God of War: Chains of Olympus Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool God of War: Chains of Olympus theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 8.19 MB

PAIN: Ginger Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Ginger theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 2.53 MB

PAIN: Muffy Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Muffy theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 2.58 MB

Condemned 2: Bloodshot Theme 1
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Condemned 2: Bloodshot theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 25.5 MB

Condemned 2: Bloodshot Theme 2
File size: 14.2 MB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Demos (free)

* WipEout Pulse Demo

PSP Themes (free)

* God of War: Chains of Olympus Theme

PSP Wallpaper (free)

* God of War: Chains of Olympus Wallpaper (x4)

Hope you enjoy!

156 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ ftwrthtx on March 13th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

Nice update. Thanks!

+ Stoffinator on March 13th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

Nice update, but you guys charge waaay to much for updates.

+ gardea on March 13th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

I already have MLB 08 demo…

+ vitz3 on March 13th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

Is it just me or is the Toy Home expansion a really REALLY small file. 100kb?

That sounds like paying to unlock to me. Thanks for that you money grubbers.

+ Ramage on March 13th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

Nice to see a bunch of new themes. Free content is always good. Need more games though. Let’s see some good ol’ PS RPGs get put up.

+ stlthriot on March 13th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

Kind of a lame update again but it’s cool.
Wipeout Pulse demo sounds fun.

Oh, and regarding Toy Home… I feel I paid enough to get a small portion of the game already, not really feeling it is worth $7 to upgrade it.
Oh, and add the option to steer your vehicle with the analog sticks please! The game is fun but I get highly sick of tilting the controller.

+ JamesL007 on March 13th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

Can’t wait to have the God of War Theme on my PS3′s XMB I am getting tried of my SuperStar Dust HD one already.

Also can’t wait to try around the nurse and cheerleader in Pain should be Fun. Good update

+ Aaron on March 13th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

GREAT update thanks Sony! :)

+ kadab on March 13th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

wtf is this??? is been een veryveryVERY
long time ago since we got a good demo( or something els interesting) Yay s(F)ony

+ stlthriot on March 13th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

Final Fantasy VII on PSone, please! :)

+ reson8er on March 13th, 2008 at 1:42 pm said:

Lol, I was wanting a GoW theme :)

Not a bad update at all, thanks guys.

+ Seanscythe2 on March 13th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

sigh o_o why? Why not the new Motorstorm video? I mean When Gears two showed their new trailer it was on the marketplace right away. But…. damn sony get on the ball and off the bong.

+ thingg on March 13th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

Not bad. It’s a lot better than I was expecting. Just a request, could we get the trailer for Tom Clancy’s EndWar up on the PSN Store? Thanks.

@#4 gardea
That was the demo for MLB 08: The Show. (game published by Sony) This is the demo for Major League Baseball 2K8. (game published by 2K)

+ EvoAnubis on March 13th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

Not a bad update. I’ll be trying out WipeOut. Past that, don’t care.

+ scorpio on March 13th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

YES, thank you!!!!

+ thingg on March 13th, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

@#13
That’s because M$ holds their game videos for weeks before the release them whenever they feel like it. That vid might have been completed last fall and you just got it a few weeks ago. I’m guessing the M2 vid was only completed a few weeks ago max and probably a lot later than that. Either way, if you want it that much, just find the vid in the source code for this page and find a ripper program to download/convert it.

+ thingg on March 13th, 2008 at 1:48 pm said:

* ok, not this page, but the page the vid is embedded in….

btw, nice update.

+ vitz3 on March 13th, 2008 at 1:48 pm said:

As a retraction. It COULD, be an error. If not then my last comment stands.

+ Cpt.blue on March 13th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

Again, relatively early here on the East coast… do people even play PAIN? lol

+ CrimsonCalibur on March 13th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

Another excellent update. Thanks Sony!

+ erico316 on March 13th, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

its an ok updated for the dead gaming months
we all know these are not the best month for gaming so i dont expect much from either side until june

+ Rated-G on March 13th, 2008 at 1:54 pm said:

I play PAIN…. It’s a good time killer, and it’s a great game to play when taking a break from homework or something when I don’t feel like getting into a much more involving game.

+ infamous_31 on March 13th, 2008 at 1:55 pm said:

where the hell are the ps1 games……damn

+ Bender Rodriguez on March 13th, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

What the hell? Still no Echochrome for the US store? I guess I’m going to have to create a Hong Kong account after all. I don’t usually say this even when I’m thinking it, but this is a poor update in my opinion. Even more so than the past two updates.

More nickel and diming from Pain, no good trailers. Another sports demo. No good trailers to watch.

Sometime in the near future do an exclusive interview with Insomniac about Resistance 2 or something. Maybe show off a new trailer in the store first for a first party game or exclusive game. Give us a reason to download videos you know. Now I’m off to make a Hong Kong account.

+ Draicus on March 13th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

Beefy update. Lots of filler, but hey; content is content.

+ C-h-a-o-s on March 13th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

Splendid update for us PSP users, another week we get to save money!

+ eksMAN on March 13th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

wow! another pieces of crap psn update! jeez thanks! and whats with all the stupid pain character add-ons, who the [DELETED] buys that [DELETED]!
and for all the ppl that think this is a good update stop being a kiss [DELETED]!

+ ExceedingLimits on March 13th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

Am I seriously the only one totally unimpressed? I was looking for some demos of the games that just came out or some that are coming out. Oh and some nice “RPG” psone classics would be nice. It’s too bad Wild Arms is like 7 bucks. Ya know I wouldn’t feel bad paying 2-3 dollars for a game but 7? Anyways, that’s my gripe story today…

+ Zorox on March 13th, 2008 at 2:07 pm said:

Well, no PS1 games or anything decent for that matter. Well I guess Sony just stopped trying

+ Frazz on March 13th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

how come an expansion to toy home yet none for SSHD or everyday shooter?

+ erico316 on March 13th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

people this is the dead season for gaming there isnt much on any system that would blow our minds away

+ Seanscythe2 on March 13th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

I mean why no rainbow 6 V:2 video?

+ CyberChrist on March 13th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

Pain, GH, Rock Band and no new PS1 games. I’m SHOCKED!!

+ Gregero on March 13th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

Can somebody at Sony PLEASE get Epic to patch UT3? It’s funny how they’re boasting about their sales on a game that doesn’t even work for half their audience. Epic’s a bunch of sad crooks so far.

+ MrCamo on March 13th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Nice Update, I just realised something, XBL was started by SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS at Microsoft, The PS3 was built by the Hardware Pro’s at Sony. Both systems show their strengths and weaknesses. The difference is that Sony put a machine on your room that they can upgrade the software for the next ten years. They may be a little behind on Net-based services, but Micro has a major advantage in that area. The XBOX is as good as it is going to get, no better. THE XBOX heads will need to buy two more diferent versions of the XBOX by the time that the PS3 has been replaced. XBOX had no room for improving or updating and had to get everything packed in prior to shipping, and charge for it. I will wait for a little while more and watch the PS3 get better and better, passing the XBL services on line, and then watch the XBOX heads go buy another system just to keep up. Have Faith people, you did when you dropped your $$ in the first place didn’t you?

+ CurryUdon on March 13th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Grace, you never fail to disappoint, thanks!

+ BrianC6234 on March 13th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

About time EA gets the demo out for MLB 2K8. Not that it matters. I already bought The Show.

+ Stoffinator on March 13th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

Why doesn’t Rockband have its own store like SingStar? They updated every week, wouldn’t it be easier for them? Not to mention less we have to see of it on the PS Store.

+ Foxx on March 13th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Pretty good update … one question though … Why in the world is the Condemned 2: Bloodshot Theme 25.5 MB? Any word on if a demo for Hot Shots will be hitting the US store or Rainbow Six Vegas 2 or Dark Sector or Condemned 2 or Army of Two or even Sega Superstar Tennis? All of these games either are out or come out in the next 2 weeks … just curious if we should expect a demo for any of them.

+ convicsik on March 13th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

Wow maybe you guys could get off Sony’s nuts for 2 seconds and be honest ….. the update sucks.

2 Pain characters that serve no purpose( how about a new level ?? ), an expansion for a game that no one cares about, and 1 demo dont make a good update. Video’s are irrelevant if they are not exclusive and are already on other websites, and RB / GH III content are their own thing.

I just dont see what all the ” Nice Update !! ” comments are for. Im not trying to sound like a jerk, but if Sony wants real feedback from the fans then im going to give it to them. And quite frankly I dont know why I wast my time getting excited every thursday when they obviously dont want to sell me anything good. You guys have hundreds one PSone games that could be released every week, but instead you give them to Japan and forget about the U.S. gamers.

+ Daver on March 13th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

I dont want to complain but the video of motorstorm 2 would have been nice on a big tv in 1080p… just saying

+ gamegenieny on March 13th, 2008 at 2:34 pm said:

@36

What are you talking about ? That rant made no sense. Both systems add features with firmware updates. I guess you only have one of them. Next time do some research and maybe you won’t sound like such a fanboy.

+ OrganicShadow on March 13th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

=\

I guess I can change my theme or something…

+ MrCamo on March 13th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

@ 41 Some people play Pain and Guitar hero, I will take this update over others in the past. I also like Hot Shots Golf, so ONCE AGAIN “NICE UPDATE SONY” THANKS

+ chase on March 13th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

cool update

+ Stoffinator on March 13th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

@ 41

Just because you don’t think its a good update (and yes, its really not) does not mean you guys can act like ass holes about it. And its a “nice update” because some people do like this content. Only thing I liked in it was the God of War theme. But thats me, but I ain’t going to go and bash Sony or anyone else because it didn’t meet my needs.

+ MrCamo on March 13th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

@41 I know that the XBOX can get updates, but you will not find much new operability in these updates, Like REMOTE PLAY, BLU RAY COPY TO PSP, HOME, PLAY TV, etc… Try reading the whole paragraph and maybe you will see my point. i am saying it only makes sense that the two platforms are where they are. The PS3 is built to last, the XBOX was built to make you happy right out of the box, W/ no HDD, no AMAZING Cell PROCESSOR, No future except being replaced with an XBOX720, 900 or whateve they will call it. I AM A FANBOY

+ SSJNeBiRoS on March 13th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

When is going to be released PAIN in the EU Store??

I want to give you my money Sony, please.

+ MUGEN02 on March 13th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

good update but i wish the DL times were faster. i hope after sony starts making a profit this year we will see the servers expanding to accommodate the new people and maybe speeding up the DL speeds.

+ sascha23 on March 13th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

It’s a so-so release. On one end you have uninteresting stuff like the add-ons and demo, but then you have killer themes for God of War and Condemned. I’m okay with this one.

PAGE 1 2 3 4