Final Fantasy XV

Mar 17

Mar 17

Ferrari F2007: GT5 Prologue’s “God Mode”

Taku Imasaki's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

Sometimes even the best kept secrets seem to find their way out – that’s just the nature of the beast – so it was no surprise (at least not much) when co-workers started to email us links to leaked Gran Turismo 5 Prologue screenshots… and the rumor mill it had kick-started.

Ferrari F2007

Amongst the thousands of questions asked, let’s tackle a few to start: first, this is indeed the Scuderia Ferrari F2007; second, that is the actual Ferrari red as sanctioned by the Ferrari team; and last but not least, the Ferrari F2007 will be available at all Gran Turismo Ferrari dealerships for 2 million game credits.

Ferrari F2007

With slick graphics, a 2.4 liter 90-degree V8 engine and the amazing physics of a F1 vehicle, the Ferrari F2007 is truly a beauty. Driving it is an adrenaline-pumping, hair-standing, goose-bumping experience… I hope everyone gets to experience this “God Mode within Gran Turismo”. Over the last couple weeks we’ve been driving this car in our offices every single day, with the volume cranked up… there is nothing more soothing than the high-rev scream of the Scuderia speeding down the Fuji straight…

More to come on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue soon. In the meantime, check out these new screen shots.

Ferrari F2007Ferrari F2007Ferrari F2007Ferrari F2007

Ferrari F2007Ferrari F2007Ferrari F2007Ferrari F2007

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

foolio_67 said:

March 17th, 7:01 pm

Awesome car!

Federation said:

March 17th, 7:03 pm

Love it, we like to see more!

40cal said:

March 17th, 7:08 pm

2 million game credits here I come :) What is this cars max speed and can we get a screen shot of the cockpit view?

TristanMike said:

March 17th, 7:08 pm

I don’t like cars…..but I like what I see :P

EvoAnubis said:

March 17th, 7:08 pm

Looks really, really great! Getting harder and harder to tell in-game images apart from real life.

AndyBD said:

March 17th, 7:15 pm

I hope that you can damage your car in this game. It’s just so cheap when the guy gets a head-on crash and ends up winning. In NASCAR, when you crash you’re usually out of the race or something.

serversurfer said:

March 17th, 7:33 pm

Did you guys grab these shots from the Replay mode, or are they promotional shots from Polyphony Digital, or what?

They almost look too beautiful to really be from the game.

Cpt.blue said:

March 17th, 7:34 pm

Drove one of those back in my glory days of 1972, gave it up for a three legged dog and a woman I love named Darlene.

Jeigh said:

March 17th, 7:39 pm

Wow, those are some slick graphics. I really have no idea what you’re talking about as far as car specs, but it’s pretty…’pretty’. :P Still, I don’t think I’d mistake those for real life: real life doesn’t look that good. I suppose we’re getting to the point where the imperfections are going to be just as important as the perfections.

Speaking of which, in the case of damage not being visible in the Prologue version, are there any plans to show damage from collisions and whatnot in the definitive version?

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us. :D

Kenshin001 said:

March 17th, 7:40 pm

Another slap in the face for those who bought the gimped inferior Japanese version with less features, less cars and less tracks for the same price.

Shin_Ra said:

March 17th, 7:40 pm

@AndyBD

So instead of being taken out and undamaged so that you can continue, you’re taken out COMPLETELY, broken car?

The threat of being damaged isn’t going to stop people playing on the edge.

Mana Knight said:

March 17th, 7:49 pm

This is so awesome, I can’t wait to play this now. :D

Chrisrahosiris said:

March 17th, 7:51 pm

can’t wait for this to come out

DaveTheStalker said:

March 17th, 7:55 pm

Now PD just needs to free NASCAR from the dastardly corrupt grips of EA and then GT will rule the racing world!

gardea said:

March 17th, 7:55 pm

Awesome. It looks so real too.

tirminyl said:

March 17th, 8:04 pm

Good think I waited to purchase Prologue. Thanks for the pics AND for providing them in high resolutions!

thefjk said:

March 17th, 8:05 pm

Look yeah this looks awesome… like the first image, it’s real right!

gravismors said:

March 17th, 8:11 pm

@ kenshin:

ive had prologue for a few months now and i dont regret paying the money to import it.

and i also plan on buying the US version when that comes out.

cant get enough of GT.

diablo103 said:

March 17th, 8:15 pm

awsome car, i cant waite to get my hands on it

zashbot said:

March 17th, 8:20 pm

Ferrari F2007 FTW!!!!

KnaveX said:

March 17th, 8:28 pm

I was suprised to see this shot looked a little game-ish since all of GT5p’s shots look real to me, but its the f1’s color that makes it look like that. Thank God! http://sinope.redjupiter.com/images/FerrariForSale/F20064002b.jpg

El_Ten said:

March 17th, 8:46 pm

Awesome and WOW! I’ve already pre-ordered it! Only 2 million, I though it’d be more. I’d just like to point out that this isn’t just Ferrari’s F2007, but F1 world champion’s Kimi Räikkönen’s Ferrari F2007. Note the number 6 on the car which was his number last year. This year his car number is number 1.

THATPSPGUY said:

March 17th, 8:47 pm

Will it use the PSP as rear and side view mirrors?

kinda reminds me of the F1 that was showcased at E3 a bunch a yers ago at the big announcement of the psp and Ps3

eXisTenZ said:

March 17th, 9:08 pm

Sweet! Using it as my wallpaper…..can’t wait for the game to come out

Stoffinator said:

March 17th, 9:19 pm

It looks great! But please please tell me that we will see another F1 game? I love the 2006 season one.

Clover09 said:

March 17th, 9:32 pm

Well, on the bright side of this game is their is unlimited gas!!! LOL, I can’t wait to try this car out in the game.

byrd864 said:

March 17th, 9:39 pm

reminds me of the suzuki escudo pikes peak version from previous GT games. That car was AMAZING. we’ll see if the F2007 can beat the escudo (as far as my favorite cars are concerned in GT). That first screen could make any car enthusiast melt…

odz said:

March 17th, 9:42 pm

That’s stupidly sexy.

AckeheceKoheo said:

March 17th, 10:07 pm

Oh yeah… Love it!!!

Kamahl said:

March 17th, 10:07 pm

awesome! getting prologue on day 1, can’t wait for it.

rojo7 said:

March 17th, 11:15 pm

i knew you had someone that examines information “leaks”,
but its actually pretty nice car, nice to see Ferrari on GT its just what it needed!
(GT4 didnt had it)

maxerus said:

March 17th, 11:37 pm

OHhhhhh man!!!

Soooooo cool!!

Dam you guys now i got to buy this game too!!
Ill be in the poor house by the end of the year at this rate. LOL

Kedaro said:

March 18th, 12:26 am

Nice, but I’m missing the days when Gran Turismo was about climbing a ladder from a second hand car, modding it, then selling it for a better one, until you build up enough credit to buy a collection of cars.

Taku Imasaki's Avatar

timasaki said:

March 18th, 1:02 am

Kedaro, there would be plenty of ladder-climbing on this one as well. It does take a while to obtain 2 million credits!

SDkngsht said:

March 18th, 12:52 am

oh yeah…this is one of those cars you go back and destroy every single course with after you get it just shattering the competition.

SDkngsht said:

March 18th, 12:54 am

@ Kedaro…i do agree with you on that. and remember when you could take your car to the ultimate “race body” modification and put sponsor emblems on it etc.

i do think they could add a little more range with the level they let you visually mod your vehicle.

besin said:

March 18th, 1:09 am

As an avid fan of F1 Racing and of Gran Turismo series, seeing the inclusion of Scuderia Ferrari F2007 in GT5 Prologue puts tears to my eyes. Thank you guys!

Knowing that I will never get to drive the real one, this will be closest I will ever get to the experience and I am sure it will be a revelation! I cannot wait for this game to come out!

Just a question: How impossibly difficicult will it be to acquire the full 2 million game credits?

Siggy said:

March 18th, 2:33 am

I love Ferrari and Formula One in general and that F2007 just confirmed a first day purchase for me. I will need to work really hard for 2 Million CRs.

I still play F1 C.E on PS3 every week and I really want an updated version of the game. I will cross my fingers, pray and hope that Polyphony Digital will include all F1 cars and tracks for the full Gran Turismo 5 game and including damage will be the icing on the cake.

patrickp3 said:

March 18th, 6:16 am

I’m with Siggy, I really like my F1 game, and am waiting for a new version. I also wish that GT5 would include damage: it really would be the icing on an already great cake, and to be frank, it takes a lot away from the game to crash an F1 car into the barrier at 200km/h+ and not even scratch the paint.
… not that I do that, of course, but I worry about my fellow players :)

p-s-3 said:

March 18th, 6:45 am

Looks brill;-P

Scodo_Thope said:

March 18th, 7:13 am

AWESOME! I can’t wait!

ozzyuno said:

March 18th, 8:51 am

Is there voice chat in gt5p?

SPARDA said:

March 18th, 9:08 am

WOW…I was not expecting this one in GT5P.
The game is definitely worth the $40

But I have two questions that I need you to address for me

1) Will the game (when released) support
private online games with buddies from the PSN friends list
2) Will I be able to communicate with them while in the lobby and during a race using the a USB or BT headset ?

Looking forward to your response

Thanks

SPARDA

epacs said:

March 18th, 9:30 am

Finally an announcement about F1 cars! I was hoping you guys would bring them back from Gran Turismo 4, and it looks like this is a solid confirmation that you are ! Great news indeed!

Cerberus_Hunter said:

March 18th, 9:33 am

I wanna see one of those F1s in action (video?). :)

ozzyuno said:

March 18th, 11:53 am

I was reading some where that there is no in-game chat!! Taku Imasaki can you confirm that!? thanks..

Taku Imasaki's Avatar

timasaki said:

March 18th, 11:58 am

SPARDA & ozzyuno,
    private races with buddies and in-game chat are all in the works… but will not be ready from day one. Will keep you posted on the progress!

CLauX said:

March 18th, 12:45 pm

my god… that looks VERY real. very good job. looks fun. Demo was cool so i hope this is.

oh, is there gonna be a US demo anytime soon? i still got the Japanese demo on mine still. extremely realistic.

chase said:

March 18th, 12:57 pm

how about custom soundtrack
please answer

SPARDA said:

March 18th, 1:01 pm

as long as I know that those features are coming I am happy.

day one purchase for me

TouchyEd said:

March 18th, 1:16 pm

Why don’t the developers ever mention the most widely requested features (damage modelling & crashes)?

Fans have been asking for these features for years — and there’s never a response from the developers.

Strange.

sascha23 said:

March 18th, 1:34 pm

@47: The developers did respond with a resounding “It’s coming, but not in Prologue!”

I have a feeling the damage aspect of things won’t hinder this game’s ratings. However, it’s nice that they’re building it into upcoming versions of the title.

PAGE 1 2