PS4-Infamous

(Look like you) Work at Shinra – Crisis Core: FFVII Launch Event Tomorrow Night

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Mar 24, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

FF7CC final cover

Imagine the drudgery of working for Shinra Company. Day after day, you do the accounting or tech support or whatever it is that helps the malevolent, Midgar-based corporation suck the very life out of the planet. Of course, there *is* a very nice gym on the 64th floor …

OK, so unless you cut down rain forests for a living, Shinra’s probably not a dream employer. But it still would be cool to have a nice, shiny Shinra work ID badge. Like, in case you need to rescue a ginger-haired girl or a large, talking red dog from the upper reaches of the tower.

And that’s exactly what you’ll get if you’re one of the first 200 people in line for CRISIS CORE – FINAL FANTASY VII tomorrow night. Square Enix is holding a launch event for the much-anticipated PSP game from 6-9pm at the PlayStation Store @ Metreon (101 4th St, San Francisco, CA). The first 100 customers in line will receive a special t-shirt, and other prizes will be raffled off in themed packages (take a look at the pics, enshrouded in mystery). More details can be found here.

I’ll be on hand, as I really want one of those Shinra ID badges. But if you’re planning on heading up to the 70th floor to give President Shinra a piece of your mind (or gun arm), I regret to inform you that Sephiroth beat you to it.

prize 1prize 2

prize 5prize 3prize 4

PAGE 1 2

+ ItotheCtotheE on March 24th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

There’s nothing wrong with cutting down rain forests.

Also why make the prizes mysterious when most of them can be bought at the squeenix online store?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 24th, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

passing on what I was given, you rain forest cutter.

+ roku6wiz on March 24th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

ok so thats not fair, man i live on the east coast what about all the final fantasy lovers that can make it to something like that.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ sim on March 25th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

Hey everyone on the east coast! Sorry we couldn’t make it out there this time. But, don\’t give up on the possibility of an FF event in your neck of the woods. We were able to pull off an event in NY for FFXII in 2006 so it’s not like it’s impossible : )

+ tagout on March 24th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

No love for the East Coast?

2 Questions for you:

*Will GT5 Prologue requires 4GB HDD install?
*I just pre-ordered Limited Edition MGS4, and I was wondering if the BETA code for MGS Online is available to those who pre-order the normal MGS4?

+ wolverine81 on March 24th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

I sure wish I could go to this. It would be sweet!

+ wolverine81 on March 24th, 2008 at 3:09 pm said:

@ItotheCtotheE

Where can I pick up these items online? I checked the square-enix store and didn’t see anything but games. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place.

+ MrCamo on March 24th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

I think i do not get the humor in your post, I am guessin it has something to do with the gameplay. Any rate, this looks to be a great game for FF fans.

+ phileoca on March 24th, 2008 at 3:15 pm said:

now I’m going to have to buy a PSP.
Thanks alot!

+ tagout on March 24th, 2008 at 3:16 pm said:

@ Jeff

Can you please answer those two questions?

Or maybe you simply don’t know or not sure.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 24th, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

off topic, kind sir. but short answers:

a) I believe there\’s an install, don\’t know how big
    b) should be open to everyone.

+ diablo103 on March 24th, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

so those of us that dont live in CA dont have a chance? thats bull >(

+ Frazz on March 24th, 2008 at 3:22 pm said:

FF7 is my favorite rpg of all time and theirs lots of positive things being said about this game.Im super close to beating patapon so this will probley be my next psp game.

+ Ultima-Bahamut on March 24th, 2008 at 3:33 pm said:

Off-topic, but, Jeff, will there be a post on the Blog soon detailing the MGS4 Limited Edition that Gamestop is taking pre-orders on?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 24th, 2008 at 3:46 pm said:

We\’re going to have a *lot* more on MGS4 in the coming weeks/months.

+ Toast on March 24th, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

sounds like a pretty sweet event, if only i lived in san fran :\

+ EnigmaOppanax on March 24th, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

I loved Crisis Core. Can’t wait to play it in English.

+ foolio_67 on March 24th, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

I’m looking forward to this game :)

+ phileoca on March 24th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

@ 9 I live in California and I don’t have a chance.

Be more specific before you whine, or look at globe.

Only people in the Bay area will have a chance.

From my House to the that address posted:
419 mi – about 6 hours 27 mins
up to 8 hours 50 mins in traffic
That’s about 38 Gallons of gas. @ $3.56 = $135.

+ darkiewonder on March 24th, 2008 at 3:45 pm said:

aww man. There’s no teleportation device in this day in age ;( I hope there’s a contest.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 24th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

I totally understand the frustration of those who don\’t live in the Bay Area. That\’s why I\’m looking into *hopefully* putting something like a contest together.

No promises (it\’s not PlayStation-made schwag, so I\’ve got no authority), but I\’ve brought it up and will try my best to make that happen!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ sim on March 25th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

We’re definitely trying to pull something together for those of you who couldn’t make it. I know it’s not the same as being able to attend but hopefully you’ll enjoy whatever it is we manage pull off (I’m not sure what is right now either).

+ WillAllon on March 24th, 2008 at 3:46 pm said:

Nice, definalty getting this once its hit europe.

Jeff, is it true that the 2.20 update has been pushed back to April 8th?

+ Captain Fury on March 24th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

I see Jeff knows his Final Fantasy…

which one is your favorite Jeff?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 24th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

well I\’ve beaten FFIII (US), FFVIII and FFTactics Advance; played through FFX and FF Tactics twice each; and am on my 3rd playthrough of FFVII.

So probably FFVII, if only b/c of its lasting impact not only on gaming, but in pop culture (ever see that Robot Chicken skit or the College Saga vids?)

+ maxerus on March 24th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

Awww i live in MN :(

Will you show us the full pics latter?

+ diablo103 on March 24th, 2008 at 4:08 pm said:

can someone please start a question blog were we the consumers can ask questions about all things playstation becuase?

+ tagout on March 24th, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

Thanks for the reply Jeff. And I know it’s off-topic but the questions I left on the last MGS4 FAQ were not answered.

What is up with HDD install requirement? Honestly..Sony needs to STOP it.

If Naughty Dog was able to make Uncharted (without loading times, stunning graphic, fun gameplay), why can’t other studios learn from them?

I thought that was the advantage of Blu-ray and Cell processor. Why can’t other games achieves the level Uncharted done? I don’t expect games from 3rd party developers to do so, but from SCEE, SCEA, SCEJ is unfortunate…

+ Daver on March 24th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

i preordered mine :) i hope it will be in store tomorrow!

+ maxerus on March 24th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

@17 and others….
Plz try to stay on topic.
I know its hard to resist, having someone anyone from Sony to talk to is cool. But im sure Jeff is a bizzy man and cant answer ever post.

+ Temmehkan on March 24th, 2008 at 4:15 pm said:

Jeff

Is there any news on Final Fantasy VII (original) coming soon as a PSN download? its sorta on and off topic at the sametime lol

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 24th, 2008 at 5:40 pm said:

I haven\’t seen or heard anything about one. I\’d love to see it happen.

+ zakupilot256 on March 24th, 2008 at 4:19 pm said:

I will be there. Jeff where did you put that In-Shirt XMB shirt at during GDC? No one could find it. See ya at the sony store.

+ maxerus on March 24th, 2008 at 4:19 pm said:

@21
Installing games on your HDD is one of the best things to happen to PS gaming IMO. It makes the load times ALOT faster! And is the main purpose of the PS3 HDD.
If you like to keep music and videos on your PS3 then i think getting a external HDD is a great idea. I got my 500gb for $100.
Also the reason it is required and not an option is because the game must be optimized for disc play or HDD play and trying to both will leave one or both gimped so to speak.

+ maxerus on March 24th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

P.S. @21

Its also largely up to the game Dev. On how they want to make the game so……yell at them not Sony.
Sony likes to give the Devs room to breath and thats why they still have a good amount of exclusive games and M$ is losing touch with there 3rd party devs.

+ tagout on March 24th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

@26

500GB for $100? WOW, where did you buy that?

I honestly can’t see myself paying $60 for a game that requires me to install a game IN a game especially if other video game console doesn’t require me to. Especially with all the great games coming out for PS3 IN 2008.

+ erico316 on March 24th, 2008 at 4:35 pm said:

jeff i got one question doubt you answer it but i give its a shot.i read in an innerview with Hajime Tabata that crisis core isnt the last final fantasy 7 game.I wonder if you jeff know what its is you dont have to say what its is just if the sony reps know about it game and if its coming on psp or ps3. please answer back!!!

+ EvoAnubis on March 24th, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

Damn, damn, damn.

Wish I could be there; looks like fun!

+ rojo7 on March 24th, 2008 at 4:58 pm said:

aww man, san francisco is like 10 hours from here or even more…
hey jeff, off-topic but do you have any idea of the exact date of the MGO beta?

+ tagout on March 24th, 2008 at 5:00 pm said:

@ 31

April 21st. Look at the last MGS4 FAQ.

+ tearsofash on March 24th, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

I won’t be able to pick this up day one. I’m kinda broke from being forced to pick up Hot Shots Golf . . .

But believe you me, this is definitely next on my list.

+ Cerberus_Hunter on March 24th, 2008 at 5:12 pm said:

I can’t wait to pick up CC tomorrow.

Hey Jeff…Have you herd ANYTHING about FFVII remake?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 25th, 2008 at 12:29 pm said:

Nope. Not anything. Sorry.

+ eksMAN on March 24th, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

i beat the game last night n its f’n amazing!

+ wocyob on March 24th, 2008 at 5:41 pm said:

um i know this may be dumb to ask….well im going to france really soon and i wont be able to pick this up before i leave…soo first will it be in europe at the same time as the US and will it have both english and french dubs?

+ AndyBD on March 24th, 2008 at 5:43 pm said:

One question, how can there be multiple final fantasies? Shouldn’t there only be one?

+ Mana Knight on March 24th, 2008 at 5:48 pm said:

Yeah, I’m excited. My GS put me down on the wrong FF, but thankfully I got it fixed today. I really can’t wait.

+ TristanMike on March 24th, 2008 at 6:00 pm said:

Not in San Fransico…check !

Not in the US of A….check !

Screwed over for being Canadian….check !

Wow, I love you guys and your whacky contests/promotions.

Lookin’ forward to the game, hate feeling left out.

+ tearsofash on March 24th, 2008 at 7:03 pm said:

For some reason stores got this in early. Since there’s no street date, people can already pick it up. I know earlier I said I couldn’t afford it, but I traded in a bunch of old PSP games and a PS3 game and was able to get the strategy guide and the game pretty much for free. Good times.

+ SDkngsht on March 24th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

cool cool. i’ll pick this up when i get my psp in june (waiting on the kratos one and hoping it comes out in black cause lipstick red is not hot).

i’m just hoping it’s a darker red. if not then i will have waited for nothing. lol.

+ barrett33 on March 24th, 2008 at 7:40 pm said:

hey jeff are there any other plans for the FFVII series in the works?

+ Knight613 on March 24th, 2008 at 7:40 pm said:

I’d love to attend this, anyone have a clue on a good time to start lining up?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ sim on March 25th, 2008 at 12:28 pm said:

The event is limited to 200 people so I suggest you line up as soon as possible. We’ll have a handy ticket system so people won’t be able to cut or unfairly hold space for a ton of people. See you there!

+ TwoBlack4America on March 24th, 2008 at 7:44 pm said:

I saw the TV ad for this game,looks pretty cool.Wish I could go to the launch event..

+ Temmehkan on March 24th, 2008 at 7:48 pm said:

so you haven’t hear anything? that sucks, i think that having FFVII as a PSN download would sell systems, it sounds crazy that an 11 year old game would do that but theres a reason y it goes for over $60 online, talk to whoever does that and get them to work on it!

+ bronxchulo on March 24th, 2008 at 8:05 pm said:

wow how nice they always have these contests in the bay area. cant sony have a store in nyc that does the same thing?

+ Captain Fury on March 24th, 2008 at 8:12 pm said:

thanks for the reply Jeff

VII is also my favorite.

so what you think about the Compilation so far…?

+ Sento on March 24th, 2008 at 8:45 pm said:

Jeff, if any sort of contest can be set up for those of us outside the bay area – well that would be plain fantastic. I too wish to get ahold of a shinra Id; But leaving Phoenix at this point is basically next to impossible.

While on topic what do You think of the special ending for crisis core ?

+ blahblahbloo on March 24th, 2008 at 8:49 pm said:

I live in Berkeley, but I’m leaving town tomorrow morning for spring break! Boo!

+ Jeff Chen on March 24th, 2008 at 8:57 pm said:

Now I want THE FF7 REMAKE on my PS3. Sorry for my greediness, but I just WANT it ;)

PAGE 1 2