Bloodborne

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: The “Mixtape”

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Mar 25, 2008 // Producer

Once upon a time out in some dive club out in the middle of nowhere, Jim Morrison took to the stage and belted out thirteen simple words of unrestrained wisdom: “keep your eyes on the road; keep your hands up on the wheel.”

From that point on, Roadhouse Blues secured its place in the “driving song” library, making its way into an unimaginable number of rare mixtapes and soundtracks.

With Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, we wanted to bring back the idea of the rare mixtape, a collection of songs that you’d be proud to own and play (and play and play and play) over and over again, a collection of classics.

So in went our resident music scout, Alex Hackford, deep into the crates looking for a dozen tracks that both compliment and enhance the Gran Turismo experience, and here’s our list:

• Weezer – “Automatic” (LA Riots remix)
  • Mars Volta – “Goliath” (EL-P remix)
  • Justice – “Let There Be Light”
  • SebastiAn – “Dolami”
  • Kavinsky – “Testarossa Autodrive” (SebastiAn remix)
  • DJ Shadow – “LOVE LOVE”
  • Does it Offend You, Yeah? – “With a Heavy Heart (I Regret to Inform You)”
  • The Earaches – “Not the Kind of Man I Am”
  • Thin Lizzy – “The Rocker” (Richard Evans Mix)
  • The Klaxons – “Golden Skans”
  • Friendly Fires – “On Board”
  • Pride Tiger – “Let ‘Em Go”

Weezer’s “Automatic” is actually a unique remix composed by LA Riots exclusively for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue’s opening sequence.

So in a nutshell dear North America (as in these tracks are exclusive just for you), this is our mix-tape, a little something-something to enjoy as you corkscrew down the Eiger, barrel through the Daytona oval, drift through Suzuka Short or any other track of your choice.

Beyond this apex, you can also find all the original Japanese music as well as all the choice items from our European counterparts. So that’s about it for the music end, and outside of that, you can always flag me (or Taku or Alex) down and ask to see our iPods.

PAGE 1 2

+ Cobra Girl on March 25th, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

I can’t wait!! Thanks for the update! :)

+ reson8er on March 25th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

This can’t come out soon enough. For once, I am envious of the Europeans :)

+ mobiletone on March 25th, 2008 at 1:31 pm said:

roll on friday, that’s all i can say! :)

+ Ghostm on March 25th, 2008 at 1:31 pm said:

I’m still undecided about spending my cash on GT5 Prologue even though I’m excited for it. I don’t want to spend $45 and then another $65 on the full game several months later. Not to mention the DLC $$$$. In the end that’s even more money out of my pockets. Guess I’ll borrow it from someone once they’ve complete it.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on March 25th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

You could borrow it from someone, but that\’s like licking the bowl after someone\’s finished the ice cream…

Also, to further clarify, GT5 is still about a year away. You should just decide now to buy it, enjoy it, go online and race against anyone and everyone, rank number one worldwide, get the girl (or guy) and become the most popular kid in town. The end.

+ frito on March 25th, 2008 at 1:33 pm said:

Exclusive tracks? cool!

So the Doors didn’t make the final cut, huh? too bad, good song!

QUESTION!!!!!!

Will Prologue support custom soundtracks from our hard drives?

If not, will the full fledged version?

It is a big deal to those who will be spending HUNDREDS of hours playing this great game!

thanks!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on March 25th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

Yeah, Doors didn\’t make the cut… and sadly, there\’s a huge list of tracks that didn\’t as well (for various reason). To list a few: BRMC, Eric Clapton, , Atlas

+ Ghostm on March 25th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

Is it possible to play with your own audio tracks from the PS3’s HDD?

+ benzboi92 on March 25th, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

I’ve been DYING!!!! to download Surv1v3 by Daiki from the GT5 Prologue Japanese Intro Movie.

Please tell me that song will be in the American verision!!!!!

+ nmc75 on March 25th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

Gran Turismo, the One Game to Rule Them All.. only on Playstation 3.

+ willacuz on March 25th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

Can you randomize the tracks? Or will it keep playing the same track over and over after loaded?

+ AceGamer on March 25th, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

I like it, but I think the intro song in the Japanese GT5: Prologue is better.

+ Refox on March 25th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

This on top of the already stellar Japanese tracks, makes me want the game even more. The Blu-Ray space is there, so you might as well it with music.

+ Stoffinator on March 25th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

I’m counting down the days for GT5P to hit the store shelves!

+ chase on March 25th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

so can we access the friend list and invite somebody to a game

+ Neil on March 25th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

Sweet you got “Does it Offend You, Yeah?”! I was just listening to them.

To anyone in Sony,

You need to use the instrumental version of “We Are Rockstars” for some promo material ASAP.

You will only benefit from my advice.

+ MICHELBRAVO on March 25th, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

SO WHEN IS THE REAL GT5 COMING OUT. LOWER THE PRICE OF THE PROLOGE IT IS A DEMO YOU PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO TRICK PEOPLE TO BUY THIS DEMO $40.00. DEMOS ARE SUPPOST TO BE FOR FREE. THERE ARE 309 CAR IN FORZA MOTOR SPORT 2 AND THE GAME COST $40.00 AND I GOT IT FOR FREE WHEN I BOUGHT THE XBOX 360 ELITE.
COME ON.
AND DO THE IN GAME XMB ALREADY.

+ MUGEN02 on March 25th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

I will be playing this with the music off but the videos were worth watching.

+ Jast3r Rogu3 on March 25th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

I always love the music in GT games.

+ Stoffinator on March 25th, 2008 at 3:05 pm said:

@15

GT5P is not a demo. The demo is what is out on the PlayStation Japan store. This is a prologue which is the first time its ever come to the North American market. And Forza 1 has 309 cars because its a full game, GT5P is not a full game, its a taste of what GT5 will be.

And what does in game XMB have to do with this thread?

+ oldswmachines on March 25th, 2008 at 3:22 pm said:

Are they planning on having any GT5 swag???(shirts hats ect for those lost at swag)

+ Vegaz on March 25th, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

Not bad but with that set up I was expecting The Doors.

+ Keysersoze10033 on March 25th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

Not really my cup of tea. I hope there’s going to be a custom soundtrack patch in the future.

+ Violater on March 25th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

Sony Please for the love of God enable custom sound tracks for this game.

+ darkiewonder on March 25th, 2008 at 4:03 pm said:

The weezer actually sounds awesome and so does Mars Volta. Oh and Chris admit you have the Britney Spears album on the iPod :P.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on March 25th, 2008 at 4:21 pm said:

Bri-bri? No way, I\’m an Avril fan through and through… that\’s my girl.

+ sascha23 on March 25th, 2008 at 4:12 pm said:

Someone over at Sony is a straight-up hipster raver and I love it.

I regularly playout stuff like Sebastian, Kavinsky and LA Riots at the clubs.

Can’t wait for this!

+ -Nick on March 25th, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

Errr…
Please watch the European GT5:P intro to see how an intro should be done… seriously….

Cant wait till April 15.

+ tecknical on March 25th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

Any word on when/if custom music will be available? It would sure be nice to rock some dnb while drifting like a maniac :)

+ maj1nx on March 25th, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

This soundtrack will come in the game? or different disc? and if its in the game could we pass it over to our psp?

+ lyfestory on March 25th, 2008 at 5:19 pm said:

another fine time for user soundtracks.. this one doesn’t move me.. there have been few tracks in any GT game i really liked, and this one definitely doesn’t have anything that catches my eyes, or ears.. i’ve always said racing titles were prime candidates for user soundtracks..i don’t want to hear some stuff i don’t like playing over and over, and i’d rather have music playing while i race(or drive)..

+ Cerberus_Hunter on March 25th, 2008 at 5:21 pm said:

@25
/Agreed.

I love GT series, but i have never liked the soundtrack…

+ Stinkin Mushroom on March 25th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

Please just answer this: will that making-of be available on the Downloadable version of Prologue? Will it be viewable on GT TV or something?

+ AgentGoomba on March 25th, 2008 at 5:24 pm said:

Racing car game

————————————————————————————-
Get free PS3 Games/Controllers!

IT WORKS!!! Just create a new email, and go for the free offers.

+ CrashSharc on March 25th, 2008 at 5:27 pm said:

OMGOMGOMG THE MARS VOLTA RULES!!!!! Wow, I love them so much! I’m so glad they are getting more publicity. More people should hear their art. Absolutely Awesome!

+ Stinkin Mushroom on March 25th, 2008 at 5:31 pm said:

i don’t get the avatar stff on this blog

+ Gregero on March 25th, 2008 at 5:43 pm said:

Custom tracks would be really cool to use. Any chance of that getting in there???

+ frito on March 25th, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

Yes, I really would like to know if custom soundtracks form the PS3 HDD will be an option..

I see you are answering some questions, man, how about this one?

+ X820 on March 25th, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

Quick question about the GT5P online feature. For Asian/Japanese GT5P they will only support the online racing feature for about 6 months. Will this be the same for NA version? And as Chris mentioned that GT5 is still a year away, So if the NA version will only have 6 months or so online racing support, I better wait for the GT5 full game then.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on March 25th, 2008 at 7:09 pm said:

That\’s a negative X820. Online features for GT5P online features will not be dropped 6 months post launch. You get in line for GT5P and drive your thumbs raw.

+ Gregero on March 25th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

X820’s question strikes me as a great question. Will the NA and EU versions online mode always be available or will it be dropped?

+ gopodge on March 25th, 2008 at 6:19 pm said:

What is the name of the song in this trailer? It is great. Would buy this one no worries.

+ Crimson_Ryan on March 25th, 2008 at 6:36 pm said:

Yep. Its official, I want this game even more.

Thanks for even more info, I’m getting this day-one for sure.

+ StupidityTries on March 25th, 2008 at 6:44 pm said:

If there was going to be a $20 upgrade option when GT5 comes out, I could see myself buying Prologue – but paying twice for the same game is just absurd.

+ X820 on March 25th, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

@40 Well you can either wait for the full game, or get the Prologue and don’t buy the full game. Paying $40 to get the game, while waiting one year for the full game I think it’s worth it. Because the same thing when you buy sports game, NBA, Madden from EA. In this case you even paid the whole price for basically the same game, with probably a little more new features added.

But for GT5P, you’ll get even more cars, tracks and many other else when the full game is released.

+ Puscifer on March 25th, 2008 at 6:56 pm said:

Pride Tiger…fricking awesome to see a little band from East Vancouver making its way onto the GT5 soundtrack.

+ alba on March 25th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

Nice tracks, hopefully it’s in the EU version aswell? right? :o

+ Aeneman on March 25th, 2008 at 7:39 pm said:

I’m pretty shocked that there’s no custom soundtracks. Anyone who’s ever gotten into any racing game(or any game with licensed tracks for that matter) for a prolonged amount of time knows that whether they like the music or not, it’s gonna get old fast. And this being one of Sony’s flagship titles and the most praised racing series on the market…. wow, what a disappointment. Guess I’ll wait for the full game and hope the option is there.

+ Jast3r Rogu3 on March 25th, 2008 at 7:42 pm said:

Prologe in one week, this is gonna keep me busy for years.

+ Danny on March 25th, 2008 at 8:01 pm said:

Seriously, Sony released over 100 videos here on game trailers showing fancy cars driving around tracks.
Ok i get it, every single car ever made is gonna be in this game.

WHEN ARE THEY GONNA SHOW FOOTAGE OF THIS GAME?!?!!?

+ frito on March 25th, 2008 at 8:02 pm said:

I am looking forward to this game!

hopefully it will support custom soundtracks!

+ erico316 on March 25th, 2008 at 8:13 pm said:

I have 2 question.First i want to know if there be more racing tracks after launch such as dlc track/events?The last question is if the ps3 suppose a wheel control and which one brand and model please?

+ OtisFeelgood on March 25th, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

I hope a firmware update for custom soundtracks come soon… ;(

+ tirminyl on March 25th, 2008 at 8:54 pm said:

How will you guys transition those who purchased Prologue? As mentioned in a previous post, online support will not be dropped for Prologue players…Will the ranks and everything else you gather in Prologue transfer seamlessly to the full release? I would assume so but it is always great to ask.

PAGE 1 2