Driveclub

SOCOM.com Now Ready For Confrontation

Seth Luisi's Avatar + Posted by Seth Luisi on Mar 26, 2008 // Director of Development, SCEA

Green up, it’s time to go.

I’m happy to announce that SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation will be hitting store shelves and the PLAYSTATION Store on September 16th, 2008. You’ll be able to download it from your couch or pick up a copy at your favorite brick-and-mortar and get to business.

As we approach the release of SOCOM: Confrontation on the PS3 this September, we are very excited to announce the all new SOCOM community site: www.SOCOM.com.

We’ve been working for some time to grow and expand our support for the SOCOM community. The initial phase of SOCOM.com (Phase 1) will launch with the official Blog and Message Boards dedicated to the world of SOCOM. The Blog will be the place to go for the latest updates on everything SOCOM related; including screenshots, video, behind-the-scenes blogs and more. It will also give us a method to directly communicate with the SOCOM community. You can sound off in either the comments section for each post or in the message boards. We have agents gathering intel and dev team members will respond when they can.

When SOCOM Confrontation is released, we are planning to deploy Phase 2 of SOCOM.com: a whole new website which will integrate your SOCOM Confrontation experience onto the web. We’ll have more information on Phase 2 as we get closer to release.

Unfortunately, my hands are currently tied and we cannot provide any new screens or video due to a certain exclusive which is about to hit. Rest assured, we are going to bombard you with new media soon enough.

P.S. We are looking for a select few to provide early feedback on SOCOM: Confrontation in an upcoming Private Beta test. Only the top contributors at the Official SOCOM Blog will be selected. We are on the look out for people who have intense knowledge of all the previous SOCOM games and can also demonstrate their leadership in the Message Boards and Comments section. More details soon.

85 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ Maverick_fox on March 27th, 2008 at 9:11 am said:

just 1 question.

how much?

well, 2 questions. will be there any differences betwen the 2 versions? any makin of or any extra content in the retail copy?

+ JamesL007 on March 27th, 2008 at 9:13 am said:

http://www.socom.com is down people, and the game will be like 40 on the PSN and 60 for retail disc like Warhawk

+ Mana Knight on March 27th, 2008 at 9:15 am said:

Awesome news and cannot wait. :D

+ free on March 27th, 2008 at 9:18 am said:

I think the later release date is good news… Hopefully the beta version can be ready.

Nice to see there will be this integrated socom.com site.

+ JamesL007 on March 27th, 2008 at 9:20 am said:

My bads, Socom.com is back up, but yeah phase two of the site sounds great.

+ Neo217 on March 27th, 2008 at 9:20 am said:

Yes so there is a beta. I sure hope i can get into the beta. Will there be like a list of poll questions to find out wether you have a lot of knowledge of the socom franchise or do you simply have to show that you post a lot and know a lot?

+ Maverick_fox on March 27th, 2008 at 9:21 am said:

@2

40 ? nice. i’ll be downloading it then. the extra content in warhawk was *bleep* ( 2 videos that anyone can watch on gametrailers).

the headset was nice thou

+ SmogItUp on March 27th, 2008 at 9:30 am said:

It is supposed to come bundled with that official Sony headset..Anyways site looks good and I cannot wait for this game!! Her is to hoping MGO can keep me busy until September!

+ nmc75 on March 27th, 2008 at 9:36 am said:

Very nice, how much?

+ SMoKeYRuN on March 27th, 2008 at 9:37 am said:

Thanks Seth! Hope to hear from you more as we move closer to the launch.

+ zashbot on March 27th, 2008 at 9:39 am said:

oh yeah (does a pelvic thrust)

+ Thwip on March 27th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

Fantastic! I have been a hardcore SOCOM fanatic since day 1. I hope the new website receives more attention than it’s predecessor.

+ Trieloth- on March 27th, 2008 at 9:51 am said:

Crazy cool news, I cant wait for this to come out and pull me away from RSV2 and its half ass nonsense.

+ enrichovega on March 27th, 2008 at 9:54 am said:

Now that’s what I’m talkin bout. Disc based games are so last gen IMO. Continue giving all first party games a downloadable purchase option.

Looks like it’s gonna be one hell of a fall for shooters on the 3:
SOCOM in September
KILLZONE in October
RESISTANCE 2 in November

*keeps fingers crossed*

+ Kazammm on March 27th, 2008 at 10:03 am said:

Nice! Can’t wait!

@ 14

Yeah fall is going to be big! :)

+ MUGEN02 on March 27th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

i was looking forward to a invite only beta similar to socom 2 beta or even the recent Warhawk beta.

+ Jeigh on March 27th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

Sounds good for those interested. I’m no fan of online games, but I know that there are plenty of people out there greatly anticipating this.

+ StoneFreedom on March 27th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

Great news!

Are you going to bundle the BD version with a new headset?

+ LOCO209 on March 27th, 2008 at 10:07 am said:

WELL WELL finally something on SOCOM confrontation YEAH YEAH ! I am a loyal SOCOMER… BETA tested both SOCOM 2 and SOCOM 3 and would love the oppurtunity to beta test another ! love to SOCOM franchise and with the new and also upcoming community feature .SOCOM will comeback to the game my fellow socomers and myself fell in love with in the first place…If I don’t make the BETA this time around definately look for LOCO209 online when it’s released …

+ Destroyer41139 on March 27th, 2008 at 10:08 am said:

Awesome, I would love the chance to test your game. I have always been a big fan of socom since the first one came out.

+ MrCamo on March 27th, 2008 at 10:16 am said:

AUSTRALIA 1 for LIFE!!

+ TreeFarmer on March 27th, 2008 at 10:18 am said:

This is great. I would love to be a beta tester for the game. I am a huge Socom fan and can’t wait for the game.

+ PSheddy on March 27th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

Well now I’ll be leaving my 2 cents in all the SOCOM.com posts! Hopefully I don’t come off as begging for a beta invite. Did I mention I’ve played all the SOCOM’s since day 1? :-p

+ daviddoel on March 27th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

Great stuff Seth!

I now have some competition for my blog which is definitely a good thing. The more people on the web discussing SOCOM, the better. I’m glad the community keeps on receiving more and more attention.

+ TTP on March 27th, 2008 at 10:34 am said:

Is that a Worldwide release date or just for US?

+ erico316 on March 27th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

dam will you guys have a beta like ea is having with battlefield? you know give a fews beta codes to give out?And dont say it not possible on playstation 3 i seen the redeem code thing in account mag please open it up b4 the fall i cannt wait til fall i have every socom.

+ Goodfella2487 on March 27th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

Karate Kid go jump off a bridge.

Seth Luisi's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 27th, 2008 at 3:01 pm said:

yeah, he\’s banned for spamming. I swear, I can\’t even take a lunch anymore…
    :-)

+ BlackTooth93 on March 27th, 2008 at 10:42 am said:

website gives error… :(

+ erico316 on March 27th, 2008 at 10:42 am said:

also i cannt get in the site

+ THATPSPGUY on March 27th, 2008 at 10:43 am said:

Pwning you all this September.
Socom Confrontation: A real Man’s war!

+ southwoodS on March 27th, 2008 at 10:44 am said:

I am one of the biggest fans of Socom. I have played SOcom from number 1 all the way to CA. I loved every single one of them. Im an unfortunate to not be able to own a PSP so i couldnt play the PSP socom titles. But i would love to be in the beta. I am gonig to camp out for this since i want the blu ray disc version.

+ scorpio on March 27th, 2008 at 10:45 am said:

Can’t wait for this, I love SOCOM 1/2 and can’t play FPS shooters….

+ GeminiBoy on March 27th, 2008 at 10:47 am said:

Please tell me you will be adding a face mapping option with our PS Eyes.

+ vandam on March 27th, 2008 at 10:52 am said:

Great new’s I perfer The Blueray disc versions of all games. WHY? Becouse people can’t SELL a download. OH that’s great I spent $60 for a game That after 6 months it get’s old and all I got was a download. Download’s will not replace Blueray disc and I don’t care what anybody say’s (SEAGATE).

+ Snap on March 27th, 2008 at 10:58 am said:

WTB Rock Band songs on Tuesday PST.

+ Snap on March 27th, 2008 at 10:59 am said:

@vandam Agreed 110%.

+ Draicus on March 27th, 2008 at 11:02 am said:

Awesome!

Any idea when we’ll get some info on the DRM for the downloadable version of the game? I’m not going to make the same mistake that I did with Warhawk and purchase a game digitally if I can only use it on one of my three family PS3 user accounts. >>

+ SparKeD on March 27th, 2008 at 11:05 am said:

Does anyone know if the closed beta is for the US only or does the whole community have a chance.

+ maluraq on March 27th, 2008 at 11:06 am said:

@The Karate Kid and other spammers:

You really don’t understand what a BLOG is do you? this is NOT a forum. This is NOT a suggestion list. There are already Playstation forums hosted on their website.

A BLOG is for people to LOG their activities on the WEB. WEBLOG = BLOG. Sony uses the BLOG exactly the way they’re supposed to — they update us on what’s new and coming out and going on with them. They don’t give us as much detail sometimes as we’d like but they didn’t give us any before.

If you want to make suggestions or complain, USE THEIR E-MAIL, its well published. If you want to discuss the blog topics, do it here. If you want to talk about totally off-topic stuff, use the forums!

Bye now.

(Yeah, its called a BLOG — http://blog.mikebabcock.ca)

+ Cerberus_Hunter on March 27th, 2008 at 11:09 am said:

Thanks, Hope you guys make it to E3 this year and best of luck with the game.

+ snglbck26 on March 27th, 2008 at 11:10 am said:

Does anyone know if confrontation is on-line only? That’s what I’ve seen so far but sometimes all you hear are rumors.

+ willacuz on March 27th, 2008 at 11:12 am said:

Sony pushes so much ONLINE Titles & features, yet Its 100 steps to invite a friend to a game, or invite friends while playing.

+ SillyHatMafia on March 27th, 2008 at 11:18 am said:

This in September, LBP In september.. Killzone 2 in September?!! Jeezuz!

+ Snap on March 27th, 2008 at 11:27 am said:

Dearest Mr. Babcock,

(Now that I’ve stopped laughing, I will continue.)

This “blog” is the only official “voice” of SCEA. As consumers of a product we have every right to use this tool to communicate with SCEA. If they choose not to accept our feedback they could easily disable all comment functionality.

The Playstation Forums are not an official voice and is only a means for the user community to communicate between each other.

Thank you for the “lesson” in what a “blog” truly is. I’ll be sure to visit yours more often.

Cheers!

+ LaRs-Ulrich on March 27th, 2008 at 11:27 am said:

I Really hope i get to beta test, i always missed out for SOCOM 2 and 3, I’ve been a hardcore SOCOM fan since day one!

+ Snap on March 27th, 2008 at 11:29 am said:

Dearest Mr. Babc.o.c.k,

(Apparently your name is a banned word. I can’t guess why…)

Cheers!

PS: Nice embedded music. Your “blog” feels so 1995.

+ stew122 on March 27th, 2008 at 11:33 am said:

Do u have any idea if this title will be rated T or M?

cuz the latest SOCOM was teen i believe but there were also Mature rated games in the series

or if ur aimin for a T game

any info on its rating?

+ EVILEMPIRE951 on March 27th, 2008 at 11:41 am said:

no wait i thought we where getting this game in june :-/ no now i hafto wait more Seriously u need to push the date more i need socom i breath socom i eat socom u dont understand the rest of the shooters sux like cod4 all i want is socom im just doing prestige mode on cod4 because i am bored of it i need socom :-/ arghhh! sept? nooo!

+ CmdrVOODOO on March 27th, 2008 at 11:43 am said:

I’d love to be considered for the upcoming beta. I beta tested for SOCOM 2 and SOCOM 3 and have been an avid “SOCOMer” since December of 2002.

My Clan, RMD, has been a part of the SOCOM community since January of 2003. There are still a “core” group of us who have been together the entire time.

Clan Website: http://www.RMDSpecOps.com

Here’s some of my thoughts/work on SOCOM Confrontation:

For more, here’s a link to my username on the SCEA message board: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/profile?user.id=1309383

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

+ xT3RMlNATORx on March 27th, 2008 at 11:44 am said:

Yeah baby! Socom news is some of the best kinds of news there is.

PAGE 1 2