PS4-Infamous

PSP Firmware (v3.95) Coming Soon

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Apr 07, 2008 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Just a quick update, we’ll be making PSP firmware update 3.95 available shortly. The update includes the following:

• While playing PSone games on your PSP, you can now customize how the buttons are assigned by going to [Controller Settings] > [Assign Buttons] and select [Custom].
  • You can now quit Remote Play and choose to turn off your PS3 or leave it on after quitting. This is useful if you are performing a download and want to quit Remote Play, but still want your download to continue on the PS3. Select [Quit and Turn Off the PS3 System] or [Quit Without Turning Off the PS3 System] from [Quit Remote Play] when you press the HOME button on the PSP system.

PSP Screen

For details on remote play, refer to the online user’s guide for the PSP.

As always, thanks for your feedback and support.

172 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Dexter48 on April 9th, 2008 at 8:36 am said:

It has nothing to do with the PSP’s update but :

- Please put the clock on the PS3′s XMB like the PSP.

+ viralbyte on April 10th, 2008 at 12:35 am said:

I love upgrades. Hey I have an idea for one. How about making it possible to take snapshots of blu ray movies. this is already possible on Power DVD for PC. This way it would be possible to take your favorite scenes from a movie and display them as wallpaper. Or how about also being able to make 15 sec clips from your dvds and blu rays and store them on your hard drive. Then when home is launched you can display them on TVs and your pictures in Picture frames. :)

+ Faux_Smoke on April 10th, 2008 at 3:33 am said:

I’d like to see some sort of reverse remote play… the ability to play psp games & content through the ps3. If I can play ps3 games & content through the psp, why not be able to do the same thing in reverse?

Just a thought…

+ Theossie on April 10th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

@87 Wolf26pack

That was the issue. I connected through the wireless at my house and when I turned the system off it turned back on and waited at the “Connect the PSP system using a remote play connection option” screen. Then went off after a while.

Then I wasn’t able to connect again as the check box was cleared again.

Should I be using the private network option to connect even when I’m away from home?

Thanks!!

+ solid SNAKE on April 10th, 2008 at 10:52 pm said:

i want home!

+ Loucifer on April 11th, 2008 at 6:56 am said:

This is great and all since i got my new psp….but i feel its a bit sad that the psp is getting more love then the ps3…the PSP is a handheld and it has WAY more features then its so-called “POWERHOUSE” brother the ps3…quite sad for ps3 owners…but quite good for the ones who invested in the PSP

+ the6one on April 11th, 2008 at 3:51 pm said:

the6one………

All I can say is wow!!! Wow, wow, wow!!!!
Is this like the takeover or something?!!! I mean everything seems like it’s finally back to “Sony” again within SONY. Let me clarify that, everything seems to be getting back to normal for this great establishment of SONY Corporation. Our Vaio line of computers are “now” becoming viable competitors to the competition. All I can say is wow Sony, wow!!!! This is truly a leading company in the business of entertainment. BTW blu-ray absolutely rocks, and I only see it becoming this generation’s new DVD of the last generation. PS3 rocks!!!! and will only continue to get better as developers begin to unlock the monster inside this beautiful, elegant piece of hardware. Our competition is soon going to be no competition at all. Let’s never become boastful or “big-headed” again. We have learned our lessons from that and have become a better company overall as a result. The dark days that surrounded the PS3 and Sony was really a blessing in disguise. All I can say is, Goooo!!!! Sony, Goooo!!!!!!!

SONY…….like.no.other.

the6one……..

+ muhammadhilal92 on April 12th, 2008 at 12:29 pm said:

i have not yet been impressed unless there was a firmware that i could save my umd game in my memory stick.

+ jayd1k on April 12th, 2008 at 3:26 pm said:

i have to say sorry to PSPFaboy. in comment #51, i said that they didn’t know about the PSP media manager. in fact, it was the IGN Beyond podcast team that didn’t know! (in eps #37)
sorry PSPFanboy!

+ gopodge on April 12th, 2008 at 11:24 pm said:

I was listening to music on the PSP the other day. I pushed the button to turn off the screen but when I adjusted the volume, the screen came back on. This is not desirable.

+ LEEZY on April 13th, 2008 at 12:16 am said:

What are the pros to having a ps3 and a psp?

+ Loucifer on April 15th, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

@stennex AND Gregero

I myself cant connect with remote play via internet…i was able to connect just fine before the v2.30 ps3 update and v3.95 psp update

so that tells me that SONY will have to ONCE AGAIN…make a FW update to update the current update…like always…thats Mr. Lempels calling card right there fellas

+ Loucifer on April 16th, 2008 at 8:14 am said:

i still cant connect to remote play…i keep getting errors such as 80550801 and error msg 8001006F

what a FABULOUS experience with the new updates

+ Loucifer on April 16th, 2008 at 8:19 am said:

i dont even know why im putting this here cuz not like anyone of importance will read it or do anything about it

+ grimjaw jaggerjack on April 16th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

thanks sony for the update like but try including differnt video formats so i can play divx files and also I think a PSP manager on the PS3 would be useful and convenient. The manager could act like iTunes for all your media for the PSP.

+ grimjaw jaggerjack on April 16th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

and also an auto shutdown for the ps3 1s its finished downloading

+ Loucifer on April 16th, 2008 at 10:26 am said:

Anyone else having remote play issues???

i got ANOTHER error message 80410410

+ Gregero on April 16th, 2008 at 10:43 am said:

I know it sucks bizalls, huh, Loucifer? I just leave the PS3 on at home now on remote play in case I want to access it from afar. I really hope they fix this stuff soon. I don’t really want to be leaving it on whenever I run out.

+ Loucifer on April 17th, 2008 at 11:34 am said:

@Gregero

it does suck…the only reason why i even bought the new PSP was for the interconnectivity with the PS3 and since it worked fine BEFORE both FW updates it doesnt surprise me if SONY has to make another update to update the new updates….

looking at the history of all the FW updates i should have just expected software issues…someone should be held accountable for nonsense like this (*cough* …Eric)

and me being in FL right now and my PS3 in NY…the only way to turn it on would have been REMOTE PLAY…and since i cant connect over the internet thanx to Mr. Lempels obviously buggy firmware updates i cant do that so once AGAIN sony screws me

+ Loucifer on April 17th, 2008 at 11:37 am said:

error msg 8001006F over and over and over and over and over again…and over and over again and again and again and again and again and again

i think its time to UN-install both updates and go back to the old firmware so i can go back to connecting to remote play!!!!!!

+ dblsadiq on April 25th, 2008 at 4:44 pm said:

oh wow, how did there get s0 many things for the PSP. well, the good thing is that i have the silver PSP slim and als0 that i already got 3.95 from the network update on the PSP so i can get so many ko0l themes. trust me. it is VERY C00L!!!!!!

+ Jorlin on May 5th, 2008 at 5:52 pm said:

For the next Firmware Update a RSS-text-only-feed reader would be great…

Please add this!