Bloodborne

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 24, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

PS one Classics for PS3 / PSP

R-Types ($5.99)
Uniting two of the most difficult challenges of all time, R-TYPES presents the games R-TYPE and R-TYPE II in one complete package. In R-TYPE, your job is to play through 8 stages destroying monsters to save the world from doom. In R-TYPE II, journey to ancient ruins, dark caverns, into the crimson sky, and onto a Bydo star. It’s up to you to save a galaxy riddled by fear and cowardice.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 243 MB

Add-on Game Content

THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT: Biolith Rebellion 2 (Expansion Set Two) ($14.99)
Take your game to the next level with this new download for THE EYE OF JUDGMENT. Add 100 more new creatures, spells, and abilities that come to life with cards from Wizards of the Coast (sold seperately).
File size: 118 KB

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack ($9.99)
The Variety Map Pack includes four new multiplayer maps. “Creek,” a village ravaged by combat where concealment is key; “Broadcast,” an enemy communications building with confined corridors and open parking lots; “Chinatown,” a foggy downtown district, lit only by a full moon and the glow of the city; and “Killhouse,” a training warehouse with building mock-ups and soft and hard cover points.
File size: 357 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Saints of Los Angeles” – Mötley Crüe ($0.99)
  • “Screaming for Vengeance” – Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “(Take These) Chains” – Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’” – Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “The Hellion/Electric Eye” – Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Riding on the Wind” – Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Pain and Pleasure” – Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Fever” – Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Devil’s Child” – Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)
  • “Bloodstone” – Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Screaming For Vengeance” Album ($14.99)
    This pack includes “Bloodstone,” “Devil’s Child,” “Fever,” “The Hellion/Electric Eye,” “Pain And Pleasure,” “Riding on the Wind,” “Screaming For Vengeance,” “(Take These) Chains,” and “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin'” by Judas Priest.

File sizes: 23.5 MB – 39.3 MB (singles), 279 MB (track pack).

GUITAR HERO III

• Def Leppard Track Pack ($6.25)
    “Nine Lives”, “Photograph (Live)” and “Rock of Ages (Live)” by Def Leppard. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com

File size: 378 MB

Army of Two SSC Challenge Map Pack ($7.49)
Expand the two-man combat experience in Army of Two with the SSC Challenge Map Pack! This new content gives players a chance to test their skills in a different setting while retaining the action-packed co-op intensity of Army of Two. Four two-player co-op maps will allow gamers to compete in the SSC Challenge versus mode for the chance to earn big cash rewards.
File size: 378 MB

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore sownloadable songs ($1.49 each)
Plug in the microphone and live out your dream as a singing sensation! Expand your Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore library by purchasing tracks from the in-game store. For music credits, visit the Karaoke Revolution section of www.konami.com. Full list of tracks (43) after the jump.

Game Demos (free)

echochrome Demo
Featuring an elegant black and white art design, echochrome is a puzzle game unlike any other. With gameplay based on optical illusions, players must utilize 5 simple laws of perspective to join walkways, hide dangers, and create new paths to reach the goal. Once you’ve mastered the 5 laws, use them to create your own mind-bending levels to play and share with friends using the custom level editor. Available for PlayStation 3 and PSP systems.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 34 MB

Iron Man Demo
Check out the official demo to learn what it takes to become a one man army as the unstoppable Iron Man! Customize your suit and battle against armies of fighter jets, tanks, armored Super Villains and more. Blast into hardcore shooting action and explosive combat from the film as well as exclusive content created just for the game.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 948 MB

Game Videos (free)

Resistance 2 Teaser Trailer
Download the teaser trailer for the highly anticipated follow-up to the best-selling PLAYSTATION 3 game.
File size: 98 MB (HD)

GT5 Prologue Techno Video
The best-selling racing franchise returns with the intense precursor to Gran Turismo 5, featuring over 60 cars from worldwide car manufacturers. With an all-new interior dash view, online racing, Drift mode and more, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue unveils revolutionary advancements that deliver the ultimate racing experience. Download this trailer today to see some of the hottest cars from the game.
File size: 50.6 MB (1080)

Army of Two SSC Challenge Teaser Trailer
Calling all private military contractors! Check out this preview trailer showcasing the new SSC Challenge mode, a downloadable add-on where two teams of two can compete in an intense obstacle course for the chance to join the SSC, the Private Military Corporation in Army of Two.
File size: 89 MB (HD)

FIFA 08 Features Video
Senior Producer, Joe Booth, explains the new features in the most realistic emulation of the real sport to date.
File size: 230 MB (HD)

Iron Man Action Trailer
Become a one man army as the unstoppable Iron Man! Customize your suit and battle against armies of fighter jets, tanks, armored Super Villains and more. Blast into hardcore shooting action and explosive combat from the film as well as exclusive content created just for the game. Check out the latest game trailer to see the game in action!
File size: 41 MB (HD)

PROTOTYPE – Discover Evolution
Escape into the role of a powerful shape-shifter. Choose to unravel a conspiracy with brutal force or cunning deception – master an enormous library of powers and morphing options. Discover what lies beyond the edge of evolution.
File size: 98 MB (HD)

Interview with Wyclef Jean P.1
Wyclef Jean explains the creative vision behind the ‘Fast Car’ music video and what it’s like to be inside ‘Burnout Paradise’.
File size: 74 MB (SD) 211 MB (HD) 345 MB (1080)

Interview with Wyclef Jean P.2
Wyclef Jean talks about his experience with the PLAYSTATION 3 system.
File size: 37 MB (SD) 111 MB (HD) 179 MB (1080)

Behind-the-Scenes of “Fast Car”
File size: 51 MB (SD) 145 MB (HD), 236 MB (1080)

Coachella Music Festival
Dive into the new world of gaming at Coachella! PLAYSTATION 3 will be onsite at Coachella Arts and Music Festival, April 25th – April 27th with its newest releases– Soundcheck your voice with SingStar, test your racing skills on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and create your own world on LittleBigPlanet.
File size: 86 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)

88 Minutes
In 88 Minutes, Al Pacino stars as Dr. Jack Gramm, a college professor who moonlights as a forensic psychiatrist for the FBI. When Gramm receives a death threat claiming he has only 88 minutes to live, he must use all his skills and training to narrow down the possible suspects, who include a disgruntled student, a jilted former lover, and a serial killer who is already on death row, before his time
File size: 29 MB (SD) 107 MB (HD), 142 MB (1080)

The Water Horse
When a lonely young boy named Angus discovers a large, mysterious egg along the shores of Loch Ness, no one is prepared for what lies within.
File size: 120 MB (HD), 149 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT Theme #2
Customize your PS3 system with a cool THE EYE OF JUDGMENT theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 8.52 MB

PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Wallpaper (x4)
Customize the background of your PS3 system with this new Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Wallpaper
File size: 544 KB – 1.87 MB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games

* LocoRoco ($21.99)
* Kingdom of Paradise ($10.99)

PS one Classics for PS3 / PSP

* R-Types (PSone Classic) ($5.99)

Game Demos (free)

* echochrome PSP Demo (also downloadable through the PS3 system)

Game Videos (free)

* LocoRoco Trailer
* Kingdom of Paradise Trailer
* R-Type Command Trailer
* Resistance 2 Trailer
* GT5 Prologue Techno Video

PSP Wallpaper (free)

* LocoRoco Wallpapers (x2)
* Kingdom of Paradise Wallpapers (x5)

Game Music

* LocoRoco Nightmare Track (free)

Hope you enjoy!

Karaoke Revolution Presents:

American Idol Encore, 43 song tracks.

• Broken Wings – Mr. Mister
  • This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak for You) – The Isley Brothers
  • Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper
  • Turn the Beat Around – Vickie Sue Anderson
  • We Are Family – Sister Sledge
  • What Becomes of the Broken Hearted – Jimmy Ruffin
  • Why Can’t I – Liz Phair
  • Wind Beneath my Wings – Bette Midler. You’re the One that I Want – John Travolta & Olivia Newton John

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Stoffinator on April 24th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

Thanks! Looks good.

+ TheRocker on April 24th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

Couldn’t had expected a better update.. anything special expected soon ?

+ Snap on April 24th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

Finally a decent update. Good job SCEA. This is what I expect every single week. This should be the baseline.

Some demos, some PSOne games, some downloadable PSP games, new content add-ons.

+ maRzTYPE on April 24th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Awesome update! Especially for PSP! I’m buying everything.

+ Toast on April 24th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Still pretty much just rockband stuff, any updates as to MGO beta by any chance?

at the least i’ll check out the echocrhome demo, seems popular enough

+ will11 on April 24th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Grace – Any news on in-game XMB?

+ Ramage on April 24th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

I thought I remembered hearing PixelJunk Monsters expansion was going to be out some time in April? You fail.

And thanks for the late content(CoD maps, Motley Crue song) . Then again better late than never.

Well now that I’m done with complaining I’ve gotta say this is quite a hefty update. Finally a PS classic even though its not a major title its good to see another one up. I’m also diggin’ demos and resistance trailer. I’m getting them as we speak.

Grazi!

+ glitched on April 24th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

booo on no PJM encore… Japan has it already…

+ Gunwing on April 24th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

Good Update! I’m downloading the Iron Man demo, and those PSone games should make the classic gamer nuts happy for a while. IMHO every update should have add on content, PSone games, and Demos at least.

BTW nice to see SCEA is keeping with the PSP and giveing us some new videos to watch, as well as PSone, and PSP games to play adn download. GJ!

+ zashbot on April 24th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

now this is what i call a PS store update!! Good job guys!!!

+ Stoffinator on April 24th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

@6

Stick with what the thread is about. She has nothing to do with XMB. Get over it!!

+ Makasu on April 24th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

Old :)

+ Bender Rodriguez on April 24th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

Ok Sony. Finally you’ve put up some worthy stuff. Good job. I’ll be getting both demos and two trailers. 5 star update in my opinion.

+ OldManGaming on April 24th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

Hi Grace –

Another good update for the PS3 and a good one for the PSP, much better than last weeks.

This is for you, Peter Dille and everyone else at SCEA.

Before I comment I should tell a little about myself. I’m a dad of a 12 year old gamer and still game myself. Bought the original PlayStation 9/9/95 back when I was a Sony fan-boy. Trinitron, Walkman, Discman, Sony ES – those were the days. Anyways, now I am more of a casual gamer and my son loves his games but does other stuff too, so only games about 6-10 hours a week.

Just to let you know, Sony is seldom the recipient of our discretionary spending. Those dollars are, and have been, going other places like Nintendo and Apple. Whether by arrogance (“We want consumers to think to themselves ‘I will work more hours to buy one'”), failure to deliver (Home, in-game XMB, PSP GPS/camera/keyboard/etc. (yes, I know they’re coming)) or underwhelming content (PlayStation Store) I haven’t been too impressed with what Sony/SCEA offers as of late.

I did give my son the PSP Daxter Pack for Christmas. I was surprised with what little content was offered on the Playstation page from the PSP itself. I had assumed that a multi-national consumer entertainment company would have a comprehensive, easy to use store for their handheld device. Or at least when hooked up to the PS3 or PC.

We both prefer the PSP’s screen over the iPod’s, but when my son thinks about watching a movie on the go he thinks iTunes. You realize they sell games on there? He certainly does. Just to let you know he NEVER says “I think I’ll check out the PlayStation Store.” I’m trying to convert him but you need to give me some help. Strong weekly updates with compelling content. Demos have worked well in our house so keep those coming. More downloadable games (PSone and other) too please. I understand a video service is coming (only for the PS3 and will it be part of the store??) meanwhile my son has developed a habit of using iTunes and now he has games on his iPod. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks
OMG

p.s. still dreaming of an in-device store for the PSP…

+ Makasu on April 24th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

Btw, what about a post on Home, which should have been out by now and got pushed back another half a year. Why not just come clean and talk about the development instead of dusting the pink elephant under the rug…

+ CookieMonster on April 24th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

What happened to the PJ Monsters expansion?!?!

+ Withnail on April 24th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

That’s a huge amount of content for a single week. Nice work SCEA.

+ DMeisterJ on April 24th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

Nice job SCEA! Awesome.

+ Slick on April 24th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

This update is full of win….

I might be a minority on this…But I love loads of HD videos, which this update has in spades.

+ AceGamer on April 24th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

Looks like you guys went all out on this one. Fives squares on this one. Hope to see more of this in the future. Thanks.

+ overseeker79 on April 24th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

Well done !!! And only 7 days to get through all of this before the next update … I had better start downloading now.

Thx Sony !

+ EvoAnubis on April 24th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

Wow. Now THIS is an update! Every time you guys/gals do an update, you do it JUST LIKE THIS.

+ Cpt.blue on April 24th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

Oh, I hope Q Labs brings me the PixelJunk Expansion next week!!!

Fantastic update

+ willacuz on April 24th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

I like Grace better.

+ creid on April 24th, 2008 at 2:32 pm said:

You have a Lynyrd Skynyrd typo in the Rock Band section.

+ cmargary on April 24th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

wow… really good update… 2 bad my ps3 doesn’t work since sunday in the morning, waiting for the box… really a good update for just a week.

+ enewtabie on April 24th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Looks good.Everyone snag that Echochrome demo

+ ftwrthtx on April 24th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Wonderful update. Even my wife was happy thanks to the KR:AI Encore add ons.

Thanks a bunch!

+ vagreville on April 24th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Ok, it IS a great update and I hate to complain. But can someone at least tell me why we didn’t get the PixelJunk Monsters update? Wasn’t it supposed to come “sometime in April”? I know, I know, and really I’m not complaining as much as I’m just expressing disappointment in not getting the Encore add-on.

+ diablo103 on April 24th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

cool cant waite to download them

+ SDkngsht on April 24th, 2008 at 2:40 pm said:

excellent update. can’t wait to try out those two demos and see the resistance trailer in full hd.

and it’s funny i was just saying that i wanted to get my hands on R Type after reading that they re-made 1942 for the PSN (coming soon).

glad to have you guys back on thursdays.

+ Jenovah on April 24th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

YES!!!!!! A PSOne classic, and a good one at that!!! Keep em coming!

+ scorpio on April 24th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

Thank you…..

+ SDkngsht on April 24th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

yeah wait…what happened to the Pixel Junk Encore in April? May 1st maybe?

still a good update but i was really looking forward to that PJE add on too.

lets shoot for May 1st (or a surprise late update before then) people.

+ kalistar on April 24th, 2008 at 2:47 pm said:

Very nice update. Bought R-Types immediately. Keep it up! Please.

+ C-h-a-o-s on April 24th, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

Although there’s nothing I am really interested in (already played the Japanese echochrome demo that was pretty much in english) I am glad to see the PC store get some decent content about darn time.

What about these PS one classics already rated by the ESRB?

NFL Xtreme
Point of Purchase Demo
The Raiden Project
Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Jumping Flash
Kileak: The DNA Imperative

Most important is FF VII !!

+ INTVGene on April 24th, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

What happened to Pixeljunk Monsters Encore for April? I guess that’s not going to happen. I don’t mind waiting, but stop giving false dates and not even apologizing when the games are delayed!

+ BlackRabbit on April 24th, 2008 at 2:52 pm said:

Totally bummed about no Pixel Junk Encore…

How ’bout something for people who don’t care about Guns n’ Guitars?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on April 24th, 2008 at 7:08 pm said:

If the music games aren\’t your thing, I\’d highly recommend checking out the echochrome demos that are available for BOTH PS3 and PSP.
    There\’s also:
    – the Iron Man demo
    – two full PSP Games: the original LocoRoco (puzzle) and Kingdom of Paradise (Action-RPG)
    – R-Types (the PSone Classic combo of R-Type 1 and R-Type 2
    – a handful of FREE wallpapers and themes for you.
    With the variety of content this week, there\’s something for everyone!
    Hope this helps!

+ ZildjianKX on April 24th, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

No Pixel Junk Monsters expansion, I was waiting all day for it.

Booo!

+ Jenovah on April 24th, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

Also, don’t forget the Siren demo is going up on the Japanese store tonight :)

+ Jezer29 on April 24th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

? Why did it take soooooo long for you guys to bring R types to the US.. I purchase that game months and I mean months ago from my Japan acct.. I would just to get and idea of what are the technical difficulties of bringing PS1 games that are in the Japan store to here.. Cause honestly this is SCEA!!! Why let me spend my $$$$ at SCEJ..

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on April 24th, 2008 at 7:11 pm said:

Good question, Jezer.
    I\’ve answered it in a previous Store update, but the not-so-simple answer is that porting titles across regions and making PSone Classics available cross territories involves more than just making them run on a technical level.
    Hope this helps to answer your question!

+ tearsofash on April 24th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

I am overwhelmed.

+ Neil on April 24th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

Looks good.

I noticed that 10 new PSN avatars were released yesterday. I’d like to see Sony release more PSN avatars more frequently and perhaps advertise the fact that they’re out.

+ Draicus on April 24th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

Excellent update. It’s been a while since I had a 5+ download queue on my PS3. :)

+ Jezer29 on April 24th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

@ 43 I wish they would notify us on when they update the avatars

+ Tondog on April 24th, 2008 at 3:05 pm said:

@37/39

Did they ever say it was coming today for the US? No.

Otherwise, nifty update. Lots of content. I’m not particularly interested in a lot of it at the moment, but I’m happy to see some R-Type up on the PSN store. Great shmup.

I have a question for everyone here who complains every week about the update. What is it about this update that makes it so much better than the other ones recently, especially last week’s?

+ chamberz840 on April 24th, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

Sweet! Ironman Demo, and CoD4 map pack

+ FrankieViturello on April 24th, 2008 at 3:08 pm said:

Can anybody else confirm that R-Types ONLY controls with the controller settings on 2-2A?

I’m not exactly sure why, but I can’t get anything to register with my controller unless I change the input settings to 2-2A!

+ frito on April 24th, 2008 at 3:09 pm said:

@cmargary-

sorry to hear your machine is kaput-

what went wrong? what model do you have?

I assume, like myself, you have the 60 gig launch unit since you have been posting here for so long-

scary news- hope they can get you a new one before GTAIV comes out!

******************************************

Oh- and great update this week!

Been looking forward to checking out Echochrome!

I already played the Iron Man demo earlier this week on Live, Sony, you really need to get off this whole update once a week trip! Poor PS3 owners have to wait to play a demo that the 360 has had for 4-5 days!

And even though this update was great- I have to say this-

whoever think that people will actually pay $6.25 for 2 measly Def Leppard tracks is insane.

Probably as insane as releasing a Guitar Hero game with only Aerosmith.

THE 80’s ARE OVER! lol!

Somewhere, a dude with a mullet is going to flame me for that one.

+ mitihalew on April 24th, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

I know this is off subject but I read that home was pushed back again. Can you guys just tell us if this is true or not? Me personaly I will not be upset I just want to know.

PAGE 1 2 3 4