PS4 - Destiny

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT- FREE CARD FRIDAY!

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Apr 25, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Happy Friday EOJ Fans,

I’m finally back in town and happy that both SET 2 cards and PSN download are finally out for you all to enjoy. Per Chuck’s post yesterday, we wanted to send give all you North American EOJ fans some love for all your patience with the delay. So I’m happy to announce that Friday next week we are going to give you all some free cards! And not just any cards, but the very hard to get Set 2 Promo cards!

So all of you who want to add these to their collection all you need to do is hit up the PS Blog *next* Friday afternoon. We will post a link where you will be able to register your mailing address. Be one of the first few hundred to register that day and you will receive all three promo cards including:

General Lug Parmetic Deathspeaker Art

Noram Zealot Art

Once again, thanks for all the support, have fun playing this weekend and catch you next Friday!

1,307 Comments   26 Replies

PAGE 1 2 3 27

+ sprybry on April 25th, 2008 at 4:51 pm said:

excellent news, mark

hopefully most of our disgruntled players will forgive and forget past errors and focus on the amends.

great to have you back, and mad props to chuck for doing an excellent job filling in for you.

how dark is your tan, bro? lol. talk to you soon.

sprybry

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 10:44 am said:

Thanks. Was actually in London for LBP meetings, so my natural ILOCANO tan is still intact

+ GonzoBobH on April 25th, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

Sweet deal-e-oh!
And welcome back.
Let me tell you, like many, I have been having a blast playing with my Set 2 cards.
And since I have the Japanese Promos (bought Japanese box, Japanese Official Guide, and magazine (still waiting on that one)), I would be doubly excited to receive the English ones to go with them. Thanks for this opportunity, and will be checking back next Friday. Until then, enjoy the weekend.
/s/
BobH

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 10:47 am said:

Pretty hardcore to have the J promos. Glad your enjoying things so far.

+ hemicca on April 25th, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

Sweeet there we go WOOOT

They look sooo cool

+ eojcollectors on April 25th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

You guys rock! This will be awesome.

Thanks. Christopher

+ cocojen on April 25th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

woot!!!!!!!!! i know im gonna have this page open and refreshing it all day! thanx mark you rock! btw mark, do you play online? lol

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 10:50 am said:

Not often enough. Will get back to playing now that Set 2 is out…

+ Aerfox on April 25th, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

SWEET THANKS MARK VALLEDOR. Hopefully the blog isn’t going to be released to early, seeing as I won’t arrive until around 6pm EST. Pretty awesome promo cards. I need to get back into playing Eye of Judgement, but I’ve been too busy playing Uncharted

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 10:52 am said:

I\’m sure there\’ll still be cards for ya.

+ dukkhah on April 25th, 2008 at 5:08 pm said:

thanks. i’ve been wanting to get these for ages now!

+ eojcollectors on April 25th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

Thanks Mark and Chuck, this is awesome.

Christopher
EOJcollectors.com

+ meteorgun7 on April 25th, 2008 at 5:24 pm said:

Wow, thats awesome! I hope I get the cards!

+ Real Gambler on April 25th, 2008 at 5:29 pm said:

Yikes, only a few hundreds???? Here goes an afternoon hitting refresh on my browser… Bring them on!

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 10:55 am said:

LOL…I think we\’ll have a limit on household (or something) – but I\’m sure you\’ll find a way to get more.

+ heavygamer on April 25th, 2008 at 5:46 pm said:

There better be atleast one thousand promo’s

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 11:00 am said:

This will be an interesting experiment on the blog for sure. If we reach thousands, we\’ll be happy for the love and will be sure to get more cards out. But to be safe, react to the blog instructions as soon as the post goes up.

+ Neil on April 25th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

Sweet promo!

+ CitizenInsane27 on April 25th, 2008 at 6:05 pm said:

Done AND done!

+ ShadowKoneko on April 25th, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

oh by the gods I hope I make it ;.;

+ erico316 on April 25th, 2008 at 6:34 pm said:

is this for real .Is it true that the game is now 40 dollars witht he playstation cam cause i trying to get my friend into buying it.Also can anyone give me advice on how to clean the psp sceen?

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

$40!!! Clue us in on where? Almost \”slickdeals\” worthy!

+ penutbuttrbandt on April 25th, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

man that would be sweet….hope i can make it in to add these to my promo collection…

+ gamegenieny on April 25th, 2008 at 6:47 pm said:

This is nice ! Hopefully I’ll be lucky to get in on this !!!!

+ TristanMike on April 25th, 2008 at 7:05 pm said:

Let me guess… this contest is NOT open to those of us that live in Canada…. ? Mark ?

Oh yeah, and welcome back, hope you had some fun. :)

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 1:51 pm said:

Of course its open to our Canadian neighbors.

+ frito on April 25th, 2008 at 7:10 pm said:

So do we have to pay $15 to use these cards if we are lucky enough to qualify for them?

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

Yeah, these count as Set 2 cards so you\’ll need the expansion pack to play. Lol – I\’m sure people will say its a \’conspiracy\’ to force people to buy the pack, but we swear those aren\’t our intentions.

+ ImDoneItsOver on April 25th, 2008 at 7:12 pm said:

WHAT we wait for this long for the promos and only a few hunderd of us get them :( Sony, you guys do know that there are ALOT more NA players than that…..RIGHT ???? Well anyways thanks for the heads up we will be checking back next Fri :(

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

That\’s what makes the promotion exciting!!! Don\’t worry there will be other EOJ happenings to celebrate Set 2.

+ EViD on April 25th, 2008 at 7:20 pm said:

great news

thanks

+ crazy_eyez_killa on April 25th, 2008 at 7:21 pm said:

You guys rock… HARD !!!

+ BigChief on April 25th, 2008 at 7:39 pm said:

Nice!!! Thank you very much, those will make a nice addition to my cards

+ Kamahl on April 25th, 2008 at 7:42 pm said:

is this just for the US or worldwide?

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

North America.

+ STEVEPAYNE on April 25th, 2008 at 7:46 pm said:

What a jip!?

So wait, the US has to wait for a little bit longer for a release? Boo hoo. Then they get rewarded with some free cards for being so put out?

And not just any cards, but the very hard to get Set 2 Promo cards!
What about us in the UK?

We’re still waiting for Rock Band in the UK and all we get as compensation is the price doubled!

We don’t even have our own playstation blog for Europe and our store updates are rubbish!

Sort it out Sony. Let’s level the playing field a bit.

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Sorry. But I think your pricing comparison is unfair. For example, I just spent $8 US dollars on a Big Mac in the UK. Good luck for me trying to explan that on my expense report.

+ avdavidw on April 25th, 2008 at 8:34 pm said:

I’ll be on my honeymoon next Friday. Any idea if the signup will work on a Windows Mobile PDA? Just incase I’ll have to see if I can find someone to register for me.

Cool to see these given away, especially the ultra-rare. That’ll help a lot of the EOJ fans on a budget.

I’ve only gotten to play a few games but so far I’m loving the new cards. Great job!

David

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

Congrats! PDA should work, but you might wanna line up your best man to hall if needed.

+ Stoffinator on April 25th, 2008 at 8:53 pm said:

Excellent idea, looking forward to it.

+ jayymerk on April 25th, 2008 at 8:53 pm said:

Thanks Mark
great news!!!

+ zeel on April 25th, 2008 at 9:32 pm said:

so what stops people from printing our the pictures that are on the blog then useing them as facke cards not hard to do so thats three cards that anybody can have right there!

+ pyramid_party on April 25th, 2008 at 9:45 pm said:

Those cards cant be used because they have dummy codes. Look closely at the cypher bars and theyre all the same.

+ pyramid_party on April 25th, 2008 at 9:46 pm said:

Oh by the way, nice announcement!

+ frostquake on April 25th, 2008 at 10:15 pm said:

Thanks for spreading the love!

+ seiven on April 25th, 2008 at 10:21 pm said:

WOOHOO, thanks guys for showing us some love, I am so glad to see the devs and design teams involved in the community.

there are new fan sites like ninefields.net going up all the time with tournaments…are we going to see official tournaments one day?

+ frostquake on April 25th, 2008 at 10:31 pm said:

Oh, and I am sure this has been suggested before, but just in case, Is there ever, so ever, a slight chance that we will get an Eye of Judgment: Space Odyssey. Having it out in space, with Command Battleships, Freighters, Space Stations, Bombers, Small fighters, men in tiny spacesuits with tiny lasers. Can you imagine a card game like this that uses the eye camera for say, oh Star Wars, or Star Trek or even say the Marvel or DC universe. OMG you better get a patent on this right away!!! Those 4 franchises would blow Halo, MGS, COD, and Mario out of the water. I know if you guys did something along those lines it would sell a TON of Cameras, and you would be rolling in the cash atop your 24k Gold toilets. You have not begun to tap the potential of the card camera based game. Ok now I am drooling, gotta stop.

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

LOL…you\’re making me drool too.

+ chasegamez on April 25th, 2008 at 10:58 pm said:

THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT: Biolith Rebellion 2 (Expansion Set Two) ($14.99)
ARE YOU TELLING ME
I HAVE BUY THIS SO MY NEW CARDS WILL WORK

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 3:05 pm said:

Yeah. Check out #19 above.

+ FuriousBat on April 25th, 2008 at 11:38 pm said:

nice. cant wait.

+ blkant on April 25th, 2008 at 11:46 pm said:

awww but i wanted it this friday, FINE! ill wait =(

+ mobiletone on April 26th, 2008 at 1:18 am said:

@ 28 – wait until someone sells them on ebay then copy and print them :)

+ IPlayNoXbox on April 26th, 2008 at 2:36 am said:

This is cool .
Hope I’ll get any…

+ george09 on April 26th, 2008 at 2:58 am said:

very nice looking forward to adding these in my fire deck, awesome promo

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

It will also be interesting to see how many water decks start hitting the network to counter all the fire decks created with these cards…

+ ainur on April 26th, 2008 at 3:03 am said:

WoW great idea Mark, its nice see you again for the blog.

Ainur

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 3:13 pm said:

Good to be back

+ Iorniem on April 26th, 2008 at 5:16 am said:

It’s a good thing American audiences get “some love” for having waited an extra month. Thing is, here in Spain, I have not found a single promo card in any shop that carries EOJ. Maybe in Madrid or Barcelona they have them, but they are not talking, and certainly they are not giving away any if you buy on-line. I guess, once again, you would have to hunt them in eBay at exorbitant prices while some lucky providers and shops hoard hundreds of them :(

+ ainur on April 26th, 2008 at 5:48 am said:

@loriem

en espaƱa todavia no hay promos, ni en madrid ni barcelona ni en ningun sitio, y aun asi ya veremos las que salen en castellano que seguro que solo nos sale 1 de las 3 -_-

@loriem

here at spain we dont have promos yet, not at madrid, not at barcenola, not at any site, and yet we have to see if that 3 promos arrive to spain like set 1 we only have 2 of the 6 kinds of promo cards.

Ainur

+ Chuck Lacson on April 30th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

Hi ainur,

Great site! Post an email address that we can send to our counterparts in Europe. I\’m sure they will want to contact you.

+ Iorniem on April 26th, 2008 at 6:46 am said:

Thanks Ainur :) I don’t really mind the language. If they are in English or Japanese or German, it’s ok with me! :)

+ E-CAPITAL on April 26th, 2008 at 9:25 am said:

Awesome…thanks Mark for giving something back to the EOJ community.

+ Yojimbo68 on April 26th, 2008 at 10:00 am said:

Awesome, hope I’m not too late, gotta collect’em all ! lol >.<

+ smutdog on April 26th, 2008 at 11:20 am said:

This truly great news

+ skubish on April 26th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

Sorry Sony but you fail on this one. Everyone who signs up should get the cards not just the first few.

But if you insist on the first few hundred, then change to a random drawing after a 3 day signup period or something. Otherwise I can look forward to the blog being slammed and completely crash.

+ Mark Valledor on April 26th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

Sorry, it is what it is. Hopefully the blog holds up and if this promotion is successful we\’ll do it again.

+ kraze-e on April 26th, 2008 at 2:40 pm said:

hey hey mark kababayan! i knew it you got same last name as my friend lol , daym i hope i get those 3 cards man hope i dont run out , great news bro

+ GonzoBobH on April 26th, 2008 at 2:56 pm said:

8 bucks for a big mac. just think, you could have went to France and gotten a burger royale ~ looks better when you submit for reimbursement from the bean counters, haha.

PAGE 1 2 3 27