PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Firmware (v2.35) Coming Soon

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on May 14, 2008 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

I just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up that a PS3 firmware update (v2.35) will be released shortly. This is a relatively minor update to improve stability of some PS3 titles.

220 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ matey on May 17th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

When are the updates going to become patches rather than full downloads? Xbox 360 downloads are quick and simple – none of this waiting 20 minutes to download, needing to use a game controller to flip through license screens, agree to the license again, then wait another 5 minutes for the update to be applied and reboot. Xbox takes less than 5 minutes for the download, auto apply and reboot.

And why can’t we use the Bluetooth remote instead of the game controller? I only bought the PS3 as a Blu-ray system and leave the game remote in the closet, thus have to dig to find the controller everytime I update the system which is required fair for Blu-ray functionality.

+ SINasTER on May 17th, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

Some really cool things to see add in a future update:

#1- The XMB (or at least the messages section) available while playing a game via either the pause function or the PS button

#2- Append colors to the XMB for the time of day instead of those default colors that are pretty ugly!

#3- HOME!!! We need the final version soon or we’ll start to loose hope

#4- More codecs for the AVI’s, MPEG’s, MOV’s, MP4′s and MKV’s video files

#5- PSN cards support in Canada and US

#6- A simple gadget in the Folding@home software that enables you to see how many core’s (from the 8 available) are processing the data (and maybe the possibility to run it in power saver mode and make the PS3 run a little cooler)

Well, with those updates, I would be one happy little camper! Hope I am not alone with those ideas running in the back of my head.

+ big t on May 17th, 2008 at 4:18 pm said:

we need a in game xmb and we also need to be able to listen to our music thats on our hardive while we play the game

+ big t on May 17th, 2008 at 4:21 pm said:

oh yeah also in game invites for all you friends

+ ilovebinderclips on May 17th, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

At least on my system (60gb launch), the new update broke the full-screen feature on Youtube videos in the web browser. When you click on the full-screen button, all it does is make the video screen turn black and stop playback, without opening the full-screen view.

+ big t on May 17th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

home needs to come out soon because if it does, we will be one step ahead of xbox and i belive all of us want the ps3 to be better than th xbox 360

+ unridaz on May 18th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

Hey, do you guys actually program requests we have into firmware updates? If so what i’d like to see is:

I just bought a bluetooth headset w/full headphones (plantronics 590) and was hoping there would be some way to route all audio through the bluetooth so that I can use them as headphones for mp3′s, movies, etc. And audio won’t play through the tv, or amp. when in i guess ‘headphone’ mode. Thanks!

+ markstew on May 22nd, 2008 at 1:09 am said:

there are around 500million+ systems around the world all supporting Samba networking.
PLEASE ENABLE THIS!!! i am sick of and tired of having to use UPNP WHICH NEVER WORKS RIGHT…

ADD a SAMBA CLIENT TO THE PS3 PLEASE!!!

+ DLF on May 22nd, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

i would love to see that my PS3 would get Jump Frame. MTU 9000 that is… is the hardware possible to use it? could any tech email me i would LOOOOOVE to explane why it i would like to have it and understand why it isent there already.

thank you for a great console.

+ Philbz on May 23rd, 2008 at 2:34 am said:

Please can you fix the AAC track ID problem, when using itunes AAC music files. Why is it possible to play these and view their tags on my PSP and not on my PS3? On the PSP they work like a dream with album art and all track info, on the PS3 you get jibber jabber?

Would also be good to have the ability to subscribe to RSS Feeds – Works on the PSP, why not on the PS3?

Also the PS3 is perfect for Internet radio, just implement it in a much smoother way than it is on the PSP.

Keep up the good work, we’re all nearly there! Oh yeh, one other little thing!

…X M B .

+ Dexter48 on May 23rd, 2008 at 6:49 am said:

Well, I don’t see any difference with the update, whatever it’s just a small update, It doesn’t matter.

I only wish you could bring those 2 things on PS3 :

- MKV support
- x264 codec support

That would be great.

+ thatsmartguywiththefro on May 23rd, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

Please create a section on the site where we can post our ideas on improving firmware updates, I think this would be a lot easier to keep track of then scanning through 100-500 or so comments.

Personally I’d love to see:
1. In Game XMB (The FULL Deal where everything works seamlessly, and doesn’t cut off music when going to settings, Store, or internet, especially)
2. Skype and Radio (the PSP has both of these so shouldn’t be a problem
3. More media (soundtracks, Tv shows, movies)
4. Store customization and more XMB customization (more colors, icon arrangement, opening music, Theme creation from the PS3)
5. Dashboard (has Sports, News, Weather,an updated Information Board/PS News, calculator, conversions. Basically like any other customizable page like iGoogle or Apple’s Dashboard)

+ bigdaddyjane on May 27th, 2008 at 7:59 am said:

thatsmartguywiththefro |

Personally I’d love to see:
2. Skype and Radio (the PSP has both of these so shouldn’t be a problem
3. More media (soundtracks, Tv shows, movies)

That’s sound’s like the ultimate Dashboard update.But I would also like to upgrade the flash player on the PS3 somehow.

+ itachi30s on May 27th, 2008 at 7:21 pm said:

make an new update on the BD drive return it to 1.0 or patch 2.0 because it already mess up my ps3 and now i have 13 ps3 games and i cannot play them.

+ markstew on May 28th, 2008 at 9:33 am said:

could sony please offer development notes about the PS3′s DLNA implementation?

because getting divx streaming and some other formats to stream isn’t as easy to solve as i and many other people find easy.

+ haleboop on May 30th, 2008 at 9:43 am said:

In XMB when you play MP3, Divx, etc the audio output it’s set allways to your audio configuration.

These have a problem. If you are playing a 2 CH mp3, and the Playstation output it’s set to 5.1 for example, the AV receiver don’t process the sound because it receive a 5.1 output.

The audio output configuration should be as the audio output file to process the sound correctly.

+ passthehat on June 5th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

My Mac can play DVDs that have embedded closed captioning in the video stream. I was going to buy a PS3 but now I can’t play my old DVDs because I don’t hear well. Millions of baby boomer customers. Millions of hearing impaired people. Makes economic sense to pursue putting this capability into the PS3. Thanks for your time and consideration.

+ ntcctn2 on June 13th, 2008 at 9:43 am said:

Trying to get an answer. I am new to PS3, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what thiese updates are about and how to do it. Getting messages that I need to update this and that, like latest on firmware or something, how do I do this, THANKS

+ ajwilson55 on June 13th, 2008 at 10:41 am said:

If you go to your settings column on the Cross Media Bar, there will be an option to update system software. If you are connected to the internet, it’s a simple process of downloading the update and the PS3 will automatically take care of the rest.

PAGE 1 3 4 5