PS4-The Order

Grab your bolts…Secret Agent Clank has gone gold!

Frank Simon's Avatar + Posted by Frank Simon on May 15, 2008 // Sr. Producer, SCEA

I have great news to share with everyone! The debonair spy is ready to head out to manufacturing for the June 17th launch date of Secret Agent Clank on the PlayStation Portable. High Impact Games has put an intergalactic ton of work into this game and it shows. Since we announced it at Tokyo Game Show 2007, Clank has gotten faster, the textures more detailed, and the lighting fine tuned. With Clank, Ratchet, Qwark, and gadgebots all playable, there are enough characters to make you feel like you took a Clank-Fu kick to the head.

Secret Agent Clank2

Download the FREE demo on both the PLAYSTATION Network and PLAYSTATION Store for PC later today. This demo features the first level of the game. It’ll have you sneaking into a museum, dodging lasers, subduing guards three times your size, and even tossing out a tie-a-rang or two.

Secret Agent Clank1

Check out www.ratchetandclank.com for more information… hi-yah!

30 Comments

+ Mana Knight on May 15th, 2008 at 6:06 am said:

Awesome. I definitely plan to buy this.

+ Delriach on May 15th, 2008 at 6:16 am said:

Sweet.

+ chasegamez on May 15th, 2008 at 6:17 am said:

ill pick this out

+ Jersey-Gamer on May 15th, 2008 at 6:24 am said:

Very cool. I’m looking forward to trying the demo.

+ StalkingSilence on May 15th, 2008 at 6:42 am said:

Hey guys, thanks for the high-profile PSP demo! Keep ‘em coming for all these games that have the hype. R&C F:ToD demo was my first ratchet game ever. I really liked that and I’m looking to get secret agent clank as well.

+ Chrisrahosiris on May 15th, 2008 at 6:55 am said:

This is great news. This should be a great demo. R&C F: ToD was my first R&C game as well. Made me sad to have missed so much of the series previous to that title. I’m looking forward to more great updates.

+ Daver on May 15th, 2008 at 7:03 am said:

Nice, I’m gonna try the demo to see if i like it! thanks

+ XxBigP123xX on May 15th, 2008 at 7:09 am said:

Thanks for the demo, i’ll buy the full game once it hits $19.99 like i do with all my PSP games. ;)

+ DG on May 15th, 2008 at 7:26 am said:

I’ve been looking forward to the demo for a while so thanks for puting it out.

+ ftwrthtx on May 15th, 2008 at 7:32 am said:

I want to play this Demo!

Thank You!

+ r-nice on May 15th, 2008 at 7:41 am said:

Sweet. Good move with the demo.

+ jqtaxpayer on May 15th, 2008 at 7:45 am said:

Note to game developers: Robots = Win.

I know this will probably never come to pass, but I really wish Sony would make the PSP demos and downloadable games playable on the PS3… I’m not so inclined to play my PSP until I go on vacation or something (which is regrettably rare), but I’d certainly play Ape Escape OTL / Ape Quest on my big screen.

+ Joe on May 15th, 2008 at 7:49 am said:

I have a question I would like to ask you guys at High Impact Games this is your Second PSP game set in the R&C world and I was wondering if you plan on making your own IP. I liked what you showed with Size Matters and am looking forward to this one too. But I want to see what the team over at High Impact Games can make when they let there mind go wild.

Also will the team over at High Impact Games still make PSP games after this one or will you make games for the PS3 and 360?

+ stlthriot on May 15th, 2008 at 7:56 am said:

At last, a PSP demo I am excited about! :D
It looks/plays a lot different than past R&C games so I hope it is just as exciting as before.

Hopefully some good content for the PS3 as well!

+ Jeigh on May 15th, 2008 at 8:09 am said:

Sa-weet! And is the next episode of the Full Moon Show coming out today? :D

I look forward to trying this out.

+ assassin_21 on May 15th, 2008 at 8:38 am said:

this game is goin to be good i hope havent played the recent games but since i bought a psp 1 week ago im going to try it out

+ Cerberus_Hunter on May 15th, 2008 at 8:40 am said:

I love everything in gold! thanks for the demo.

+ erico316 on May 15th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

omg omg omg omg i been waiting for this game since i heard of its.This is the year of the playstation thank you sony for doing what was need to get on top on all other systems .the ps event last week beat the mircosoft gaming event is there anyway you can buy rare off of mircosoft and stop them from destorying one of my child hood fav game banjo???

+ echo on May 15th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

awesome could be my 5th psp game of the year, keep it coming

+ Zorox on May 15th, 2008 at 10:55 am said:

Looking forward to the PS2 version.

+ Gunwing on May 15th, 2008 at 11:05 am said:

There is not going to be a PS2 version Sony in an interview said that High Impact Games has no plans to bring this R&C game to the PS2, and will also focus on PS3, and PSP games from here on out. IE no more PS2 game support for you die hard PS2 lovers sorry.

IMHO We need more PSP games to get demos released ahead of their release dates so PSP owners can download them and try them out before they buy them.

BTW Great looking fire effects for a PSP game! Also the new textures look great! It’s deffenitly PS2 level! Just like GOW:COO! Now we have some great PSP games in the line up for 2008:

Secret Agent Clank
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heros2: The Phantom Fortress
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tea2

It’s all looking good so fare! BTW Please get more PSP games announced! We need some more games to make the DS lovers wan’t to switch over! I mean the Naruto, and DBZ games, as well as Final Fantasy games that have hit the PSP are all pushing us to the top of the gamer world!

We need some PSP Exclusives like SWBF:RS was, and Hot Shots Golf is. More exclusive games that will not come out on the PS2!

+ Mana Knight on May 15th, 2008 at 11:27 am said:

Please, just never let this game come to PS2. PS2 owners who want to save money by not getting a PSP need reasons to buy a PSP.

Anyway, I watched some videos and I’m pumped for this.

+ DankandSticky on May 15th, 2008 at 11:47 am said:

Awesome…. anybody know what the code from TOD is going to do in this game…? probably just an outfit but eh…

+ DankandSticky on May 15th, 2008 at 11:51 am said:

is my ‘Gravatar’ working>>>>

+ subbed on May 15th, 2008 at 12:01 pm said:

Jeigh wrong company. Insomniac doesn’t make the psp games.

+ Jeigh on May 15th, 2008 at 12:18 pm said:

@ Gunwing (21)

That’s good to finally hear. These PSParasites have been thrown one too many bones. Want PSP titles? Then you’re gonna have to buy a PSP (the way it SHOULD have been from the start).

+ vandam on May 15th, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

Hey throw all those ratchet and clank game’s on one blueray disk Please. I don’t know if I will buy Clank ( may be later) But I will defently rent. i wish it wasn’t so close to MGS4!!

+ Gunwing on May 15th, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

Yeah I read that on a BluesNews post about the PSP. Sony admited the PSP needs more Support from third party, and first party developers. They also stated that developers like High Impact Games, Insomniac, UbiSoft, as well as many of Sony’s game Studieos that make games for the PSP will continue to support it though a 10 year life cycle.

IE the PSP has only been out for 4 years so we have 6 more years of PSP games, and new updates down the line for us. They also confirmed the PS3 is a 10 year system as well, and that they are just getting started with what the PS3 can do.

BTW I just downloaded the BlackSite: Area 51 Demo for the PS3 off of PSN and was vary impressed! I must say Unreal 3 Engine games look great! I had to get used to the control scheme but other then that the gameplay was sweet, good rumble support, and above all great idea for a game.

+ Shishimo9000 on May 15th, 2008 at 12:54 pm said:

Wow this game has better graphics than haze (not very difficult) anyway i’ve always loved the ratchet and clank series this should be great!

+ echo on May 15th, 2008 at 3:50 pm said:

yea the graphics do look really good, hopefully a bundle with this game will come out soon.