PlayStation Experience

Jun 09

METAL GEAR MONDAYS! Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots – Launch week!

Brandon Laurino's Avatar Posted by Brandon Laurino on Jun 09, 2008 // Executive Producer, Dust 514

Hi all – I assume most of you reading this know already, but, at long last, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots launches this week, Thursday June 12, 2008! Of course, there’s tons going on!

First, we have numerous midnight launch parties and signings in NY, LA, and SF. Below are all the details!

MGS4 World Tour

Saturday, June 14
4 pm-6 pm

Mr. Hideo Kojima
Kenichiro Imaizumi – Senior Producer
Ryan Payton – Assistant Producer
Yumi Kikuchi – Model

You should definitely arrive early. You will be able to purchase a standard edition version of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots at the events. You can also see a complete list of what launch events are happening on a global scale for MGS4, here.

Next, we’d like to point out that the third and fourth parts of GameTrailers amazing Metal Gear Retrospective are posted. As previously mentioned, these detail everything in the series to date, and contain MAJOR SPOILERS, so be warned.

More after the jump!

MGS4 Page

If you haven’t checked it out yet, the official MGS4 site is live! It contains a ton of original interactive content, including playable training and special missions – essentially distilling some of the core game play mechanisms of MGS into a Flash game – that can prepare you for what awaits in MGS4!

As a special MGS4 launch week treat for the devout Metal Gear fans among you, we are releasing the passwords to unlock a ton of secret characters in Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + for the PSP! Here we go…!

20: Normal Soldier Short Sleeve

37: Maintenance Crew Member 2

38: Maintenance Crew Member 3

39: High Rank Officer

40: High Rank Officer

41: High Rank Officer

42: High Official

43: Ocelot unit (hostage use only)

44: KGB soldier (hostage use only)

45: Gru soldier (hostage use only)

46: Gurlukovich’s Soldier

47: High-Tech Soldier

48: Tengu Soldier

49: Seal

50: USSR Female Soldier in Normal Uniform A

51: USSR Female Soldier in Normal Uniform B

52: USSR Female Soldier in Normal Uniform C

53: USSR Female Soldier in Tank-top A

54: USSR Female Soldier in Tank-top B

55: USSR Female Soldier in Tank-top C

56: Ocelot unit female soldier A

57: Ocelot unit female soldier B

58: Ocelot unit female soldier C

QJ4ZTQSLUT8 // # 59: ゲノム()

59: Genom Soldier (White)

9CM4SY23C7X8 // # 60: ゲノムレッド

60: Genom Soldier (Red)

9GNPHGFFLH // # 61: ゲノムブルー

61: Genom Soldier (Blue)

TGQ6F5TUHD // # 62: ゲノムグリーン

62: Genom Soldier (Green)

CE5HHYGTSSB // # 63: ゲノムイエロー

63: Genom Soldier (Yellow)

WYNGG3JBP3YS // # 64: ゲノムブラック

64: Genom Soldier (Black)

7WRG3N2MRY2 // # 65: ゲノムピンク

116: Vermont

117: Virginia

118: Washington

119: West Virginia

120: Wisconsin

121: Wyoming

With this post, we end Metal Gear Mondays – and would like to thank you for joining us these past few months, as we counted down to the launch of MGS4. But that’s not all! There’s much more to come in the following days, weeks, and months ahead! Stay tuned!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Nitrowolf2 on June 9th, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

sweet cant wait for thursday

+ X1rtam on June 9th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

Sweet, I really wish I had the money to buy this game right now, heck I’m not even that far from the Best Buy in Hollywood, but what a great-looking game!

Oh and first? My first first on this blog if so… Haha

+ Red1126 on June 9th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

Wow i Love mg mondays and can’t wait till the 11th im going to be at the NY signing for sure

thanks for everything guys

+ Daver on June 9th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

I cant wait!! 1 question tho.. What to do with the beta? just erase it? Thanks

+ Aaron on June 9th, 2008 at 6:04 pm said:

SWEET! AWESOME!!!!!! Cant wait for MGS4!!!!

+ rAdIOhEaD73 on June 9th, 2008 at 6:05 pm said:

Hey KONAMI, abou Mr. Kojima’s tour, you totally forgot about Canada, THANK YOU! >:(

+ nando92 on June 9th, 2008 at 6:06 pm said:

yes can’t freakin wait!!!! About 3 days left people!!!
one question, does anyone know how Kohima is going to release the passwords for the extra costumes and masks etc…

+ Crimson_Ryan on June 9th, 2008 at 6:14 pm said:

Thanks for the update. Metal Gear Mondays have been awesome so far.

+ wizardpsp on June 9th, 2008 at 6:18 pm said:

WooooHaaaa This is it!!!
Thanks Sony You made this Only for PS3!!!
Thanks Ti This Blog!!
Playstation Rules!!
Viva Mexico!!! Viva Snake!! Viva!!
From Tijuana Mexico Thanks
PSN wizardpsx

+ Stoffinator on June 9th, 2008 at 6:20 pm said:

Thanks for not coming to Canada. I mean its not like we buy the games up here or anything.

+ Ghostm on June 9th, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

See you in NY Mr. Kojima!
I’m buying two copies of MGS4 so he can sign them for me. One to keep sealed and one for me to play.

+ Nitrowolf2 on June 9th, 2008 at 6:25 pm said:

@post 2
lol it was me

well any way
question and if u can please answer
1. Will we still be using the konami ID for MGO, and if so why cant we just use our PSN ID?
2.Are you playing MGS$ as we comment
3. If the answer to above was yes then does the game rock ?
4. Do we still need to download a patch for MGO?
5. I know its to soon to ask but when do you think we can expect downloadable contents for MGS$/MGO?
thx if you reply

+ Dubbedinenglish on June 9th, 2008 at 6:25 pm said:

Great thanks for all this excellent info that’s been Metal Gear Mondays…It’s almost surreal though that we’re getting the game in our hands this thurs. I cannot wait!

+ gardea on June 9th, 2008 at 6:26 pm said:

No Hideo Kojima in Los Angeles?

+ gravismors on June 9th, 2008 at 6:27 pm said:

i will def be going to the nyc event.

should be awesome

+ Zaku on June 9th, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

I recall reading at the last MGS4 event that Sony had plans to have a 3 day long PSN content update for MGS4. Do you happen to know anything further on this?

+ Biohazard on June 9th, 2008 at 6:37 pm said:

finally! can’t wait to get the game and meet mr. Kojima!

+ TAGImperium on June 9th, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

Can’t wait 4 this game, been watchin the BLOG all day for either news on this or a new FW update. This will have to do. MGS4 = GAME OF THE YEAR!

+ erico316 on June 9th, 2008 at 6:42 pm said:

um what happen on the metal gear headset its not real?
jeff,noel,or brandon say anything about this
please i heard about and u guys never said yes or no on this subject?
i mean the official metal gear headset?

+ KeyWii on June 9th, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

This is it. I’ve waited so long for this game. It’s finally here! WOOOHOOO!

+ Chrisrahosiris on June 9th, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

I’m going to West LA.

+ FeaturePreacher on June 9th, 2008 at 6:50 pm said:

The U.S. version of the mgs4 site continues to redirect you to the age verification page. Best to use the U.K. version of the site.

+ VenomProject on June 9th, 2008 at 7:03 pm said:

David Hayter?! *High pitched fanboy scream*

If I lived in LA I would so be there…I’d be like:

“Do it…Please?”

David: “Fine but you have to promise me that you’ll leave me alone…”

“Yeah, I swear to God.”

David: “*Sigh*….*puts finger on ear* This is Snake.”

+ thingg on June 9th, 2008 at 7:07 pm said:

The hard reality: United States, population: 305 million. Canada, population: 33 million. Number of stops for kojima: 2. Sorry dude.

+ AwRy108 on June 9th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

Can I read / write messages from my Friends List while in game? If not, then epic FAIL.

Every day that goes by that SONY doesn’t provide the community-building features that PS3 needs (aka. total in-game Friends List access, voice messaging, etc.) is one more nail in the PS3’s coffin. How many more nails until it’s completely shut, SONY?

I’m psyched for MGS4 but, at the same time, I wish it was on a console that had a more complete feature set–I’m tired of gaming on a box of “future potential”.

+ diablo103 on June 9th, 2008 at 7:30 pm said:

i cant waite for this game

+ djchayan on June 9th, 2008 at 7:47 pm said:

wow Thanks a lot will try to get to the New York event…wish me luck!!

+ rojo7 on June 9th, 2008 at 7:47 pm said:

i must say that this metal gear mondays is great
cuz its 2 days for mgs4

+ THATPSPGUY on June 9th, 2008 at 7:50 pm said:

The most FUNNY THING ABOUT THIS IS, the fact that I will have it before you all. You see where I live is the place that hits Midnight First in the whole of North America. So while everyone is waiting, like GTA IV launch, I’ll be at home playing. lolz it’s kinda sad that Sony never does an official launch or anyone for that fact, from the official City that starts the new day first. My city. google it to find out. All the way East. This is the game most have been waiting for a long long time.
great Job Folks, I bet it will blow our minds. Fanboys and Fangirls the world over will be in Orgasmic Gaming Heaven. AM I not right?
p.s. I can’t wait to go online again.
See you in the games….

+ lyfestory on June 9th, 2008 at 7:53 pm said:

LA, SF, and NYC represent a world tour??

its really disappointing that Chicago is never properly represented by anyone.. 2 locations on the west coast, but no chicago..?? sad, indeed..

i’ll get my game on Friday.. thanks..

+ jazzagers on June 9th, 2008 at 7:56 pm said:

Any word on what the numbers are gonna be like for the 80 GB bundle are gonna be, I don’t want to wait around for weeks because I cant snag one at launch.

+ Toast on June 9th, 2008 at 8:06 pm said:

*begins chanting metal gear*

Metal Gear!
Metal Gear!
Metal Gear!
Metal Gear!

+ erasing_rain on June 9th, 2008 at 8:10 pm said:

No *sniff* more *sniff* Metal Gear Mondays… That is the sadest news I’ve heard all week. I can’t wait for Metal Gear but I always looked forward to Monday blogs. Oh well I’m sure you guys will keep us posted about MGO goings ons. :^)

+ SonofUgly on June 9th, 2008 at 8:13 pm said:

So will MGS4 be coming out w/ the new update.
the one w/ in game xmb?

+ erico316 on June 9th, 2008 at 8:22 pm said:

@jazzagers i believe the mgs4 bundle is limited and once they sell out of the 80 gig that its for mgs4 bundle.
its not a bundle for good.not i may be wrong so if i am i say sorry in advance

+ Jeigh on June 9th, 2008 at 8:29 pm said:

You guys are already looking to score major with this title, though I’m somewhat dumbfounded as to why this isn’t plastered all over the place, and playing every single commercial break. After all, this thing is massive. Still, you’ve got to be pretty happy with the fact that you crashed :P

Easily going to be the PS3 Best Seller thus far within a month, maybe two. Be proud. :D

+ MGSMerc on June 9th, 2008 at 8:44 pm said:

Please release Metal Gear Solid on the US PSN Store. Please.

+ cmargary on June 9th, 2008 at 8:50 pm said:

For the people that doesn’t know MGS is a dual layer Blu-Ray disc and how there will be in the PSN? a 50GB game in the PSN… who will want to download it with the infamous DMR of sony?

+ K2016 on June 9th, 2008 at 8:59 pm said:

Wow… Those are a lot of codes….
Anyways, I got a question, Do I have to have played Metal Gear Solid before to play this game & enjoy it? I am a new PlayStation 3 owner, and new played any consoles before, just PC. So my friend told me to get MGS 2 & 3 to understand the story. Is it required?

Anyways, why two west coast that are very close to each other? How about southern & middle US? Canada?

+ K2016 on June 9th, 2008 at 9:01 pm said:

@ cmargary
Are you serious? Dual layer? 50GB?? Wow! That would be 3 weeks of downloading~ lol!

*Sorry for the double post*

+ NarutoSoul on June 9th, 2008 at 9:02 pm said:

Thanks for not coming to Florida, we don’t like special events or signings… On a more positive, less sarcastic note: WOO! CAN’T WAIT TO PLAY SOME MGS4!!!!!!!

+ DankandSticky on June 9th, 2008 at 9:04 pm said:

metal gear4 + 2.40 + trophies = Dankandsticky stays awake for 2 weeks…..

+ DankandSticky on June 9th, 2008 at 9:06 pm said:

Playstation the official magazine put out a metal gear solid exclusive , like 20 pages of everything needed to know.. check it out anywhere like walmart or whatever…

+ MGSMerc on June 9th, 2008 at 9:12 pm said:

I meant Metal Gear Solid, the first one. Where in my post did I say Metal Gear solid 4?

+ playstationalltheway on June 9th, 2008 at 9:22 pm said:

hours remain…

+ mountain_duwe on June 9th, 2008 at 9:45 pm said:

awesome. 10 years of waiting…have turned into 2 days. seriously, i can’t put the emotions into words.

+ barom on June 9th, 2008 at 10:13 pm said:

Anyone knows if we’re allowed to bring our PS3 and have it signed? Or do we have to buy it then and there?

+ imique on June 9th, 2008 at 10:56 pm said:

Why cant they bring Kojima to Toronto, Canada, so unfair!!

+ ATALAVERA on June 9th, 2008 at 11:17 pm said:

Metal Gear Solid 4 is almost here I am so excited!

+ ashesinflames on June 9th, 2008 at 11:36 pm said:

Well I pre-orderd it and I have to find out if there doing a midnight release around me because if they aren’t i’m going to go crazy.

PAGE 1 2 3