GTAV PS4

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Database on the way!

Brandon Laurino's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Laurino on Jun 18, 2008 // Executive Producer, Dust 514

Hi all – Firstly, we’d like to thank you for helping us make the launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots a tremendous success, with a special thanks to the many of you who attended our midnight launches to support it. It was great to meet so many of you in person, and the some of the MGS related costumes were truly spectacular. We had a lot of fun, and we hope you did too.

Of course, the launch of MGS4 is just the beginning – with it now in your hands, surely you are finding that there is much to discover within the game itself. It’s packed with so much, in fact, that there is bound to be new revelations, strategies, and details in the coming months as everyone makes their way through every nook and cranny. Add in Metal Gear Online, with its endless and deep multiplayer game play, as well as new downloadable content forthcoming – there is truly so much more to come, with our continued support of MGS, that will extend well through this year.

With that, we are happy to reveal a very special surprise, upon the PLAYSTATION Store update tomorrow (Thursday June 19th) we will be releasing the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Database!

Metal Gear Solid 4 Database

The MGS4 Database is a free, downloadable interactive application that contains the official knowledge base of everything that is Metal Gear, reaching all the way back to the very beginning of the franchise. Including complete storylines, character profiles, relationship diagrams, and much more! The MGS4 database is a great way to catch up for someone new to Metal Gear, as well as a useful resource for any veteran of the series, with complete official details on every aspect of the intricate Metal gear lore.

The MGS4 Database also contains a special feature – if you want to make use of the database, but have not yet fully played through MGS4 yet and are worried about spoilers – all MGS4 spoilers are “blacked out” until you’ve beaten MGS4. Give it a try!

But that’s not all, within MGS4, check out the EXTRAS option of the main menu (if you haven’t already). There’s already new, free downloadable content available for the game – with new camouflage and a new music track for the in game iPod. There will be more forthcoming, so be sure to check this often!

173 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ chubigans on June 18th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

Simply unbelievable. Wow.

I’m super hyped for Thursday! Woo!

+ flclsnipa1 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:08 pm said:

AWESOME but can you please answer me a question WHEN WILL MGS1 COME TO PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM DYING HERE!!!

lol

+ ftwrthtx on June 18th, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

I haven’t played all of the MGS games so the database is definitely a plus for me. Thanks!

+ willacuz on June 18th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

IPOD QUESTION.

KONAMI/Sony Everyone said that we could listen to our own music through the IPOD.

Do we have to connect our OWN ipod to the ps3 to listen to our own music?

Or was 2.4 intended to be out sooner and release with Metal Gear Solid 4?

I think this is a very valid question that everyone seems to be dodging. But I mean, you guys said we could. Even Kojima said it.

Amazing game, just asking about this..

+ supersnake on June 18th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

Now that’s some awesome news.

+ Stoffinator on June 18th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

Damn, I was hoping it was MGS remake. :-p

But this looks really good as well. Can’t wait!

+ Bigomiee on June 18th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

im sorry:P but i realy lik this idea

+ willacuz on June 18th, 2008 at 4:12 pm said:

You’re welcome!

I waited in line 4 hours to get my hands on a copy. This is the best game i’ve ever played in my life!!!

Good job everyone that worked on it.

+ 40swords on June 18th, 2008 at 4:13 pm said:

What an excellent idea, its really something cool for any MGS fan to enjoy, no matter how many times you may have beaten the games. Good job Konami, I look forward to this and more continued MGS support in the future.

+ Atoms on June 18th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

Wow! more greatness for an already great title. I no im on the right team. Go sony!

+ Sentry on June 18th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

Wow, now THAT is awesome. The series is so damn big and epic that it needs its very own DATABASE in the PS Store, hah! And the fact that it blacks out spoilers using your game data (beaten MGS4 or not) is just genius!

This will be perfect for people who have very little idea on the MGS universe, newcomers, and just those who want to refresh their memory.

Great idea, really utilizing the PS Store in a smart way, in fact I dont think I’ve ever seen something like this ever released, so its new.. Cant wait to try it out!

Thats enough of me blabbing about how cool this thing is… Keep it up.

+ whoelse on June 18th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

Oh thank you so much. This is perfect. I ned to know who all these people i keep hearing are and what happened to them.

+ tearsofash on June 18th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

Oh I see what happened. You decided to put this update first, then the PAIN update. I see what you did there. On topic though… I never played the other metal gear games, will this help me get clued in on what I may have missed out on?

Brandon Laurino's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 18th, 2008 at 4:32 pm said:

I hit the wrong button on that, it was published for a few seconds – long enough to hit RSS feeds. There *is* a PAIN update coming, just haven\’t nailed down the timeframe exactly. You\’ll read about it soon enough.

ok, back on topic… nice avatar.

+ liquid_hex86 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

This is a great idea I have been catching up on MGS lore through wiki, but it’s nice to have it come straight from sony!!!

+ Joakim Hagdahl on June 18th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

I love you guys.

+ willacuz on June 18th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

This will really help out the new people with the franchise.

+ lostmongoose on June 18th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

omfg…..I am this close -> || <– to selling my soul to get this game….I hate being broke..

+ Cagalli on June 18th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

Wow, this is unbelievably awesome. Thanks!

+ rothbart on June 18th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

Very nice guys, that sounds like a cool reference app.

+ Joakim Hagdahl on June 18th, 2008 at 4:18 pm said:

BTW: You know what would make me love you even more?

MGS1 for sale on the European/Australian PSN.

+ flclsnipa1 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:18 pm said:

tearsofash

thats why we need mgs1 on the psn store, japan has it!! and yes itl help ya

+ NickDude on June 18th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

will it appear on the uk playstation store tomorrow? and since in new to metal gear with mgs4 (great game) this is a very good idea.

+ depward on June 18th, 2008 at 4:21 pm said:

Sounds spectacular. Loved every second of MGS4 that I’ve played – planning on going through it again shortly.

Thanks for the resource!

+ DarkUSS on June 18th, 2008 at 4:21 pm said:

OMFG!!! At last something worthwhile after all!

+ SonicTHP on June 18th, 2008 at 4:21 pm said:

Sounds great. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the MGS games and MGS4 is an amazing ending to an already stellar series.

If the decisions for music to be added to the have not yet been finalized, I must put my vote in for more Zone of the Enders music and references. I love that series.

+ EvoAnubis on June 18th, 2008 at 4:21 pm said:

Sick!! This is awesome!!! I’m picking up MGS4 on Friday, so I can use this to catch up on the storyline. This is really great news. Thanks for the post, Brandon….I think every Metal Gear fan is about to freak out when word of this spreads.

+ joel on June 18th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

You guys NEED TO RELEASE MGS1 ON PSN

Whether it is the GC or ps1 version.

Anyhow, thats cool.

+ Zaku on June 18th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

You just made my Thursday :) I look forward to checking out this database and reading over everything. Thanks to everyone involved :)

+ Adamalicious on June 18th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

Sweet!

+ Nebo on June 18th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

Im so getting this..thanks !!!

+ Sev1512 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

Awesome, I cant wait to check this out…

I wonder if this is the real reason for FW 2.36

+ Sentry on June 18th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

@ tearsofash [15]

Yea I was wondering why it was taken down… Thats pretty damn retarded if that is what really happened… :\

@ lostmongoose [19]

I’m assuming you don’t have 10 bucks or so to go out and rent it? O_O

+ Solidsnake0 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

This is awesome! Will be downloading, thanks!

+ FrozoneUSMC on June 18th, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

This is great for people who either followed the series (like myself) and forgot a few things, or is new to Metal Gear. Thank Konami!

+ Delriach on June 18th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

This is great for newcomers and even vets to the series. :D

+ XxBigP123xX on June 18th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

I was expecting MGS1 on the PSN store :/

This is pretty awesome though. I beat the game on Solid normal, Big Boss hard, and The Boss extreme(with no alerts!).

+ SevenFactors on June 18th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

This a very awesome and very welcomed feature.

-A feature that I was hoping to find in MGS4 was the leader we used to have for MGS2. I thought the Password protected section under the EXTRAS menu was, a kind of twisted version at least.

Brandon, can you tell us if this is a feature that is hidden somewhere in the game to be release later on for the world to see who is who and who got X rank and stats at the end of their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc… play-through MGS4? Thanks.

+ winner00 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

This is awesome and can’t wait for it.

+ Sentry on June 18th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

@ Sev1512 [33]

Hmmm, that would be funny if it was, but I doubt it. I am assuming it was just some general groundwork for in-game XMB, trophies, and other features to come in 2.40. But who knows they never tell us the real deal! XD

+ theonetavy on June 18th, 2008 at 4:31 pm said:

This is great now i can get even more knowledge of series, but I see everyone asking for mgs1 as a ps classic. How about you guys get konami to release metal gear 1 and 2 for the guys that didnt have a MSX. You could call it Konami Classics.

BTW if you did do it might as well get Policenauts and Snatcher while youre at it.

+ Gorvi on June 18th, 2008 at 4:31 pm said:

Very very cool, guys. How often can we expect to see updates for the ingame podcast?

+ Dorian_D on June 18th, 2008 at 4:34 pm said:

Awesome stuff. I look forward for what tomorrow holds! Great job Konami, Kojima Productions, Sony!

+ pakkman781 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:36 pm said:

Awesome, can’t wait to download it. I’m also eagerly awaiting some more stuff under the Extras menu, lets get another episode of integral already!

+ flclsnipa1 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:37 pm said:

snatcher and policenauts are great, i have mgs1 but i mean i dont want to scratch it anymore and it freezes alot so thats why i want mgs1 psn

+ DarKaoZ on June 18th, 2008 at 4:37 pm said:

NICE!! I like seen this! Also I hope to see MGO maps soon, some maps featuring parts of MGS4 should be badass like a map having the European River in the middle separating both squads and the only way to get to the other side is by the bridge or swiming.

I just hope new MGO maps get up soon and I hope they don’t charge that much as those Extra characters or packs… which are like 3 bux for new talked quotes… Konami don’t you think that is a lot of talked quotes?

+ JordanBlack68 on June 18th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

Excellent Job,

Jeff, will this be on the Europe/UK PSN Store tomorrow?

+ marcandrer on June 18th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

“as well as new downloadable content forthcoming”

single player DLC ?

+ tirminyl on June 18th, 2008 at 4:41 pm said:

Wow. A great surprise indeed! I can’t way to bury my eyes in the awesomeness that is the MGS story.

+ ChateauDIf on June 18th, 2008 at 4:42 pm said:

I did my part in making this game a success! :)

+ XxBigP123xX on June 18th, 2008 at 4:42 pm said:

Hey, as a MGO map can you make a Shadow Moses map? Please?

PAGE 1 2 3 4