PS4-Watch_Dogs

Killzone 2 Cover Story in the Mail

Mike Graham's Avatar + Posted by Mike Graham on Jun 19, 2008 // Producer, International Software Development

Hello, I just wanted to bring to your attention to something a lot of people have been wanting to see more of since last E3: Yes that’s right, new Killzone 2 coverage. We’ve got a big cover story coming up with the August issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly which should hit subscribers by the end of the week. Everyone else should be able to get their hands on it near the end of June/beginning of July on newsstands. The cover story contains a lot of great Killzone 2 coverage, including background on where the franchise has taken us, new gameplay reveals, as well as information about the developer, Guerrilla Games. Did I mention that this is also EGM’s official E3 issue as well?

Be sure to keep an eye out on 1up.com between now and E3 for teasers, interviews, gameplay videos and other KZ2 content. We will have a new screenshot teaser up on 1up soon, just to whet your appetite a little. Then as we get closer to E3, you’ll start to see more Killzone 2 goodness popping up, so keep your eyes peeled.

EGM August 2008

95 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Atoms on June 19th, 2008 at 9:25 am said:

No H.U.D!finally a game that understands me. Get all that nonsence out my face. You go K.Z!

+ Violater on June 19th, 2008 at 9:28 am said:

This is only going to make the long wait till Feb seem even longer then same EGM 1Up is going to complain in feb that the game is the same thing they have been looking at since this year.
I just hope GG and Sony dont show too much of the game this year.

+ gamesblow on June 19th, 2008 at 9:35 am said:

@violater

I 100% guarantee they’ll complain it’s nothing more than the same ol’ same. They’ll give it an 8. Wait and see. They’ll say it’s improved and tightened up a lot of what Killzone 1 needed but still didn’t break the mold or bank.

Let’s face it by the time the game is out the graphics will look dated. It won’t be the best looking shooter on the market no more. It’ll be obsolete. What then does it have? A run of the mill online component?

Deathmatches, capture the flag and zone matches? Yeah, we don’t get that anywhere else. I just love shooting everyone in the ass with guns in every game that comes out, let me tell ya.

+ Retrogameplayer on June 19th, 2008 at 9:41 am said:

Nice. Looking forward to it.

+ dam6655 on June 19th, 2008 at 9:44 am said:

I don’t understand why you would put it in egm, the most anti-ps3 magazine. Garnet Lee already said killzone 2 is not fun.

+ zeke2040 on June 19th, 2008 at 9:54 am said:

congrate on the cover of EGM monthly… i hope we get a full cover for the playstation mag’s i’ve just ordered…

+ Korlithiel on June 19th, 2008 at 10:02 am said:

Ah well, another blog about a game I will likely never own.

+ xaos on June 19th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

I know Killzone is getting a lot of press, and I guess it’s a step in the right direction to see it called a “killer app” instead of a “Halo killer”, but honestly (and with no disrespect to Guerrilla) I’m way more amped for Resistance 2. Does that not get much attention here due to Insomniac doing most of their own promo?

+ whoelse on June 19th, 2008 at 10:27 am said:

Shame this wont come till Feb at the earliest.

+ Eternity_Viper_Snake on June 19th, 2008 at 10:33 am said:

that looks cool my concern is dont show to much like one person said on the blog its going to feel like we beat the game w/o playing and none of us dont want that dont get me wrong, keep up the good work but come on.. what is it. like 8 mths away thats a long time esipcailly we been wating already like 3 yrs for the game itself..

P.S. Great update though

+ C-h-a-o-s on June 19th, 2008 at 10:40 am said:

Nice I’ll have to catch the info on some news site not a big fan of EGM nor would I pay for an issue of theres. But I am looking forward to KillZone2 big shame it got pushed back so far, after KZ: Liberation I need new KZ fix!!

+ Jenovah on June 19th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

Hopefully we’ll get a Qore blowout on Killzone 2 soon also :)

+ SILV3R_ on June 19th, 2008 at 12:04 pm said:

Something like this should be going out in Qore.

What I mean is news about future games development that can be seen before release (4 to 8 months away) inFamous.. KZ2.. RS2.. LBP.. and more.. now that’s exclusive.

Oh yhea.. especially both FF XIII ..this would be cool if its in Qore next month.

+ Xanog on June 19th, 2008 at 12:15 pm said:

I absolutely love the Killzone games, so I’ll be sure to pick up this issue ASAP.

Here’s to hoping for some multiplayer info

+ Clinton514 on June 19th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

Gamesblow-ing things out of proportion as usual.

By the time it’s out it’ll be graphically obsolete? Evidence? Nope? Didn’t think so.

Moving on…Looks like I will pick up EGM next week. Like Xanog said, multiplayer is what I’m looking forward to learning more about.

ps. Anyhow who hasn’t played Killzone: Liberation, do yourself a favor it pick it up(if you own a PSP). ;)

+ stennex on June 19th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

I cannot wait to play this game. The hi-def videos shown from Sony gamers day were incredible.

+ BlackShadows14 on June 19th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

I’m a suscriber, so I’m definitely looking out for this in the next couple of days.

+ Stoffinator on June 19th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

Why in the world would you guys give it to EGM? Should of been with the PlayStation Magazine instead.

+ Fersis on June 19th, 2008 at 1:26 pm said:

@ 68 Stoffinator
Easy one ! EGM pays for the exclusive , if Playstation Magazine pays …. is like grabbing money from your pocket to put it on the other pocket.
:D

+ un-discovered on June 19th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

Sweet, can’t wait to hear more about this game

+ bigfnrabbit on June 19th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

this game is gonna kick ass cant wait by the way does anyone know when Qore users are gonna get the SOCOM BETA?ANYONE?

+ Zaku on June 19th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

Great news and thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to hearing about the new details :)

+ Nynja on June 19th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

@Gamesblow

I understand your frustration. The RPG genre is important to me and having a lack of them has been disappointing. Though I still feel as if Sony has lesser FPS style games than some competitors. One in particular that has become popular due to FPS games. Sony marketing may be to blame for pushing their big FPS games at the moment, but it is that time to show off these big hitters. The release dates for these shooters are approaching. They have to keep the PS3 talk talking. I do recall Sony marketing pushing Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, and Folklore (each action/adventure) pretty heavily when they were around release time.

Believe me, when God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII is on the horizon it will get press the same way Resistance, Killzone, and MGS4 have.

+ Jeigh on June 19th, 2008 at 2:50 pm said:

Ha! Sometimes I think this game is overhyped and start to doubt it… but then I go back to the videos and think “Did it look THIS good before?” I look forward to all the information in the near future.

On a sidenote: is it really almost July? Time flies when you’re having fun, huh?

+ Herby on June 19th, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

Great cover and I can’t wait to read about it.

+ Zorox on June 19th, 2008 at 3:11 pm said:

I want RPGs not another damn shooter.

+ RICKDOEZ1 on June 19th, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

i would love to play it with my new brake apart controler for the ps3…lol
and the new fw 2.40…
man i love u sony!;-)

+ pshelper on June 19th, 2008 at 5:01 pm said:

PLEASE SONY AND GUERRILA DO SOMETHING NEW AND ORIGINAL WITH KILLZONE 2 ITS TOO GENERIC AND IS ALOT LIKE CALL OF DUTY ..AND THATS GONNA HURT THE REVIEWS AND SALES FOR THIS GAME AND TRUST ME REVIEWS MATTER.. A LOT JOURNALISTS FOR GAMESITES AND MAGAZINES WHO PREVIEWED KILLZONE 2 SAYS ITS TO MUCH LIKE OTHER SHOOTERS AND HOPES IT DOES SOMETHING INNOVATIVE. PLEASE SONY GRAPHICS ARE NOT EVERYTHING.. THE HIT RESPONSE, LEAN AND PEEK, AND BUDDYSYSTEM ARE NOT ENOUGH TO SAVE THE GENERICNESS OF THIS TITLE…PLEASE SONY I HOPE TO SEE SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE IN THE NOW VERY STALE GENRE.. I JUST DONT WANT KZ 2 TO BE DISAPPOINTING LIKE KZ 1 WAS. IM JUST TRYING TO HELP SONY THATS ALL.

+ gardea on June 19th, 2008 at 5:08 pm said:

Awesome, we’re finally getting news on one of the PS3′s most anticipated titles.

+ Rux on June 19th, 2008 at 6:07 pm said:

Niiice!

+ 40cal on June 19th, 2008 at 8:37 pm said:

Killzone 2 cant come soon enough. I will be picking up this issue of EGM ASAP.

+ oG-ShAdY on June 19th, 2008 at 10:22 pm said:

Will we likely see any of this info appear in any upcoming releases of Qore?

+ Joe on June 19th, 2008 at 10:23 pm said:

I was wondering if the cover issues gun is the Lar and if it is does this mean the secondary fire is back. I so hope so. Even if secondary fire has to be turned down a little I will be fine with that.

+ rojo7 on June 20th, 2008 at 6:41 am said:

man, what is it with all this guys trolling killzone 2,

you must admit that the cover looks amazing, but i was hoping to be playing it by christmass, well, 2 months more are not that much

+ ProChaoS on June 20th, 2008 at 6:54 am said:

Sorry but EGM sux hard. They give mgs 4 – 8/10.

+ Subzero316 on June 20th, 2008 at 8:34 am said:

cant wait to get the issue in the mail.

+ reson8er on June 20th, 2008 at 9:32 am said:

@ProChaoS

Yeah EGM usually grants a game some hype to sell magazines, then slams it come review time.

This seems especially true for PS3 games.

If MGS4 were a 360 exclusive it would have been scored 11/10 by them.

+ corey125 on June 20th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

Hey guys. Video Games have pretty much maxed out. there not gonna get much better on graphics or fps or anything like that, I see video games dying out in the future. Ive been into to it for a long time and i dont see any new big thang or technology coming out. Seen xbl and psn and if any thing gets better its gonna be online play. Sony has an advantage i think cuase its free free free. Remember that when gas prices go higher and you cant afford to play xbox 360 online.

+ Chris Hansen on June 21st, 2008 at 2:15 am said:

Screw Killzone! When are we going to get our God of War III teaser trailer?

+ lostboy85 on June 21st, 2008 at 2:58 am said:

Killzone 2?
oh yeah i remember that game. the game that is sucking up SCEE’s budget. -just a little bitter over the loss of any potential sequel to Heavenly Sword-

+ TeChNiC12s on June 22nd, 2008 at 2:27 am said:

killzone2 is gonna own 09!! no other fps can come close 2 kz2.

+ Masterofallz on June 22nd, 2008 at 8:10 pm said:

I hope this will break the barrier between Sony and Microsoft.
I mean, the PS3 has SOO much potential, and yet, none of the gaming companys are using it.

Also, I hope this scares the [DELETED] out of Microsoft. :)
WOOT! Cant wait.

+ Masterofallz on June 22nd, 2008 at 8:19 pm said:

I hope Killzone 2 will break the barrier between Microsoft and Sony. I mean, the PS3 has SOO much potential, and yet, none of the Gaming companies are using that.
I hope this makes Microsoft aware that Sony is catching up, and fast.

+ diablo103 on June 23rd, 2008 at 10:39 pm said:

cant waite

+ fatboyalf on July 3rd, 2008 at 9:56 am said:

i agree with nickdude comment number two include everything split screen on and offline, alot off players online, and put the newest update to work on alot of future games killzone being one of these games to support the trophy feature.

PAGE 1 2