Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 19, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Downloadable Games

Fatal Inertia EX ($29.99)
Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing. Fatal Inertia EX lets you battle at high-speed using an unconventional array of weapons designed around realistic principles of physics and magnetism.
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 906 MB

Add-on Game Content

Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds Oceania Course ($4.99)
Download the new Oceania course now available for play in Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds. Take your favorite players and caddies and tee it up on this new, beautifully designed Oceania course and see if you have what it takes your game to a new level of play.
File size: 100 KB

Metal Gear Solid 4 Database (free)
The entire Metal Gear saga is now at your fingertips!
Information on characters, weapons and plot elements from Metal Gear (1987) to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008), accessible from three different perspectives: an encyclopedia, a relationship map, and a timeline. This digital supplement is a must-have for every Metal Gear fan!
File size: 77 MB

The Incredible Hulk Downloadable Content (free)
In addition to the epic single-player experience, THE INCREDIBLE HULK’s downloadable bonus content includes six competitive two-player mission types that test the speed, strength and skill of PS3 gamers everywhere.
File size: 381 MB

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Coldplay Track Pack ($6.25)
Three pack download containing the songs “Violet Hill”, “Talk”, “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” by Coldplay. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.
File size: 45.2 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Rock ‘n’ Roll Dream” – Crooked X ($0.99)
  • “Afterlife” – Avenged Sevenfold ($1.99)
  • “Critical Acclaim” – Avenged Sevenfold ($1.99)
  • “Hammerhead” – The Offspring ($1.99)

File sizes: 25.7 MB – 53.2 MB

Game Demos (free)

Fatal Inertia EX Trial
Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing.
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 542 MB

NCAA Football 09 Demo
NCAA Football 09 arrives on campus with groundbreaking college animations and controls and all the excitement of a storied college bowl game. Develop an adrenaline-pumping home field atmosphere and see if you can build your legacy in the online Dynasty mode.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 1.50 GB

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 Demo
One of the most popular arcade shooters is back! Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 revives classic Commando action with an all new adventure.
ESRB Rating T
File size: 112 MB

Hail to the Chimp Demo
Hail to the Chimp is a fast, furious, and funny action-party game where you and up to three friends compete to become the first President of the animal kingdom!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 374 MB

Game Videos (free)

Linger in Shadows Trailer
Linger in Shadows is an interactive coffee table piece created by a collective of artists who call themselves Plastic based in Poland. This experiment into the demoscene brings new talent with a fresh approach to interactive art into the industry. Navigate through various segments and unlock both primary and secondary goals to find the rips in reality.
File size: 68 MB (HD)

PAIN: Character Intro Trailer
What new….er….WHO’S new in PAIN? Take a look and see the latest downloadable launchees. Jarvis introduces a nurse, cheerleader, ninja, pirate, and a punk rocker who are ready to launch into superstardom….or a wall – your call.
File size: 23 MB (SD), 83 MB (HD), 110 MB (1080)

Fatal Inertia EX Titan Trailer
Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing.
File size: 178 MB (HD)

Golden Axe: Beast Rider Teaser Trailer
One of SEGA’s most popular franchises storms onto the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system. As the unstoppable Tyris Flare, players will engage in vicious melee combat both on foot and atop massive mythical beasts, savaging enemies with blades and magic on a quest for vengeance – Watch the Teaser Trailer now!
File size: 12 MB (SD), 44 MB (HD), 58 MB (1080)

Prince of Persia Debut Trailer
Download the first trailer and discover the new Prince of Persia!
File size: 12 MB (SD), 45 MB (HD), 75 MB (1080)

Hail to the Chimp ‘Campaign Trail Madness’ Trailer
Take a trip with Crackers and the other candidates as they rally support on the campaign trail!
File size: 73 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

Step Brothers (x2)
Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, who last teamed in the box-office smash Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, now star in Step Brothers.
File size: 30-31 MB (SD), 110-114 MB (HD), 151-176 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)

AST Dew Tour Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool AST Dew Tour theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 1.69 MB

Game Music (free)

PAIN Theme Song
P-A-I-N, P-A-I-N…You’ve heard it while PAIN is loading, now you can download the PAIN theme song and listen to it while you play.
File size: 5.10 MB

PLAYSTATION Store for PC

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games

* Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure ($14.99) (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Demos (free)

* Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Videos (free)

* Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror behind the scenes
* Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror full trailer

PSP Themes (free)

* AST Dew Tour Theme

Hope you enjoy!

+ TheRocker on June 19th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

RockBand DLC:D

+ alballam on June 19th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

wow cool update lots of demos, thx sony ;P

+ joeymp on June 19th, 2008 at 3:51 pm said:

Don’t know why my comment never went up, but I will again say that you need to change the part about Guitar Hero’s DLC. The song “Yellow” by Coldplay is being released, not “Talk”. Here’s a link

+ Daver on June 19th, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

Good update
MGS4 database is really nice and linger of shadow trailer too :)

+ joeymp on June 19th, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

You need to change the part about Guitar Hero’s DLC. The song “Yellow” by Coldplay is being released, not the song “Talk”.

+ ftwrthtx on June 19th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

Why can’t I use the MGS database with remote play?

That’s not cool!

+ Cptcanadiman on June 19th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

I am unable to re-download my purchased PSN content after replacing my PS3 because my PSN ID is linked to 4 dead PS3′s. I contacted customer service and was told that since I don’t have access to any of the other PS3′s then my only option is to re-purchase all my content (Over $300 worth).

Is there anyway to contact a PSN Store manager or someone who can help with this?

I tried the email links on this site but can’t get anywhere.

+ Delriach on June 19th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

You had 4 different PS3s die on you?

+ thatsmartguywiththefro on June 19th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

Great update! Hope you continue having Game Music available for download, perhaps by then end of the year there will even be enough for it’s own category.

Does anybody know if there is a way to get the Lair soundtrack off the game disc and into my PS3′s music? I was pleasantly surprised to see the complete soundtrack on the game, but would like to have an easier way to access it.

Thanks for the demos, too, and please bring out some more quality PSN & Classic games!

+ gamesblow on June 19th, 2008 at 3:59 pm said:

Man this update sucks! New levels of Suck at that. Oh well, atleast it isn’t as bad as the midway arcade days on the PSN. Anyone with a launch Ps3 knows what I’m talking about so don’t feel too bad ya all.

On a side note, Where’s my Ps1 games? Another week, another missed opportunity. Strange how you neglect each region in a different way Sony.

America it’s with ps1 games
Japan it’s ps3 content
Europe it’s everything thing. You just don’t like Europe for some reason.

Anyways, I guess crying about your crap updates and lack of content isn’t going to help. So to everyone here, don’t waste your finger speed on typing up a long blog post like I am. Use it to try out a typing test or something, cause the psn is about as useful.

+ bigfnrabbit on June 19th, 2008 at 4:08 pm said:

this is a ok update but WHEN WILL QORE USERS GET TO DOWNLOAD THE SOCOM BETA ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS AND STILL NOTHING THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS THAT I DOWNLOADED IT SO WHEN DO QORE USERS GET TO DOWNLOAD THE BETA??????IVE ASKED THIS QUESTION SO MUCH THAT IM GETTING SICK OF ASKING WITH NO RESPONSE FROM THIS BLOG ONE MORE TIME WHEN WILL QORE USERS GET TO DOWNLOAD THESOCOM BETA??????????????????

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on June 20th, 2008 at 9:55 am said:

No date has been announced for the SOCOM: Confrontation BETA, but keep reading here for more information on it and when it will be available for download.
    Hope this helps answer your question!

+ Shishimo9000 on June 19th, 2008 at 4:08 pm said:

Great update, i was just wondering if it would be possible to explain to us, in a blog post, why it’s such a problem bringing PSX Classics to the american PSN? I’m kinda curious myself, personally think its a copyright thing since Japanese and American copyright systems seem to work so differently, and im sure it would shut alot of people up if they had a valid answer as to why its such a problem. Thanks in advance

+ TristanMike on June 19th, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

FIVE DOLLARS FOR ONE ‘EFFIN COURSE, ONE!!!!!?????? You guy’s have lost your friggin’ minds. I’m beside myself…. If I had of known that you were going to charge me 5 friggin’ dollars for one lame course, I would never have bought Hot Shots 5. WTF !??

@ gamesblow

I’d much prefer the days of the Midway Arcade games than the crap we’re getting charged for now. At least those games are classic. :/

+ TristanMike on June 19th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

Since I can’t edit my previous comment, I’m forced to double post. sorry :(

My seething rage for the FIVE FREAKIN’ DOLLAR golf course overshadowed the fact that the Metal Gear Database is up….this is pretty cool.

+ SDkngsht on June 19th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

very cool demos. i was thinking if i should get fatal inertia and see if they really improved it so that’s cool and the commando demo is good news too.

cool trailers. all around awesome update.

peace.

+ PirateThom on June 19th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

The database is awesome, but can Europe have a version?

I downloaded the US one, but it won’t detect my save data.

Thanks.

+ Dorian_D on June 19th, 2008 at 4:15 pm said:

Pretty sweet update. Good MGS saga info however, I don’t know if many newcomes to MGS will read it all.

+ pr1m3_5u5p3ct on June 19th, 2008 at 4:18 pm said:

Love the new course file size only 100kb… Lame. I wonder how many other courses are on the disc waiting to be unlocked for $5.

Otherwise decent update. Love the PSP game. Too bad I already own it on UMD :(
Chris Hinojosa-Miranda’s Avatar
Chris Hinojosa-Miranda replied on June 19, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Dear Snap
The course will be downloaded automatically with today’s automatic update. Once you’ve completed that, you can purchase the key from the PSN store to unlock the course.

We used this model with the two new characters (Gloria and Alex) and will continue to do so with the rest of the HSG:OOB DLC items.

- CHM

This is the reason why I got rid of my copy of Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

+ darkiewonder on June 19th, 2008 at 4:19 pm said:

@ Snap

it is playable online actually. there’s tourney for specific course and only people with that course will be able to play on it. just like the Characters you download ;o

+ Baseman on June 19th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

@supersnake

the ridiculous part: It´s _already_ translated into 5 languages.

+ TheRocker on June 19th, 2008 at 4:22 pm said:

you guys said you would have some new Avatars coming soon, any news on that ?

+ Dorian_D on June 19th, 2008 at 4:22 pm said:

Keep it up sony!

+ leetfoo on June 19th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

Wow… I was really interested in Fatal Inertia until you guys decided to try for $30 for it. Downloadable PSP games raising in price… Qore… nickle and diming everything… You guys must be really hurting for money lately… I can sympathize, but you’re alienating a lot of fans…

+ dakingjose on June 19th, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

NICE Update! I have to say. Alot of things to download this week. And i can now learn more about MGS with the MGS4 deatabase!I love that song PAIN!! But i would really like to see is the PAIN Theme Song on guitar hero 3! Because i notice alot of guitar playing on this song If its possible..

But anyways Good Week PSN

+ gamer812 on June 19th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

Great update this week. I would have loved to see Linger in Shadows as an application rather than a video though. The demo aspect just doesn’t come through as a video.

+ stennex on June 19th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

Updates look good. Hope Fatal Inertia is a good buy.

+ Zaku on June 19th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

Great update. Was looking forward to the MGS4 Database and will also check out the Linger in Shadows vid.

+ gamesblow on June 19th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

Fatal inertia at 30 bucks without a demo is like walking a tight rope over a wilderness of razorblades, folks.

+ supersnake on June 19th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

@ 68 BASEMAN
hey man, i noticed that too..english isn’t the only language in the MGS4 DATABASE. French is available, so why not releasing it on the french playstation store? English is there. Why not releasing it on the UK playstation store? I just cannot understand what the hell SCEE is doing. But trust me friend, they’ll notice very soon. We’re not joking with our “do not purchase any product” policy. This is really turning dirty.

+ thingg on June 19th, 2008 at 4:30 pm said:

@66
did you not read the reply to the first comment that complained about that? (#19) The automatic game update today downloads the content and the 100kb is the key to unlock it. Now STFU and take your [DELETED] trolling elsewhere.

@gamesblow
Are you serious man???!! a downloadable game, 4 demos, 5 add-on contents (two of which are free) and a whole mess of videos, themes, and music is an update that reaches new levels of suckyness????!!!!!!!! HOLY [DELETED] MAN!!! WHERE WERE YOU LAST JUNE WHEN THE PSSTORE UPDATE CONSISTED OF TWO GAME VIDEOS??????!!!!!!!!! …and THIS sucks???
Seriously man, if you’re going to say this update sucks, you are totally out of your mind. And what, pray tell, is on XBL this week that makes that not suck? How about the Wii? *crickets chirping*

OT: Another solid update. Keep ‘em coming Sony… Could use a few more PS1 classics though (but not at the expense of the demos)

+ gamesblow on June 19th, 2008 at 4:30 pm said:

Also, Pain bricked my Ps3 offically. I downloaded the update for it and it wouldn’t let me connect my ps3 to the net. I restarted the game and noticed my xmb was snail pase slow. Started the game again, did the same thing. Restarted my ps3 all together and now it won’t work.

You’ll be getting it in the mail next week sony. until then, playbeyond!!!!!

+ Goodfella2487 on June 19th, 2008 at 4:32 pm said:

Very unhappy about having to pay $5 to unlock a course already on the BD-R. You wish, Sony.

+ Atoms on June 19th, 2008 at 4:34 pm said:

I cant wait to see the college football at 60 frames per second. Any word on next Qore episode and will the SO-COM Beta be avalible?

+ Wilester on June 19th, 2008 at 4:35 pm said:

Dear SCEA,

Congratulations on doing a fantastic job for your consumers over the lifespan of the PS3. Seriously, well done.

Now if you could just fire David Reeves and pretty much everyone associated with SCEE and replace them with untrained chimps or maybe a scarecrow with a smiley face, Europe might not get the shaft week after week after week.

It is absolutely unacceptable that Europe doesn’t get the MGS database. I understand that you have the translate it into the variety of different languages in Europe but at the very least you could make it so that if we downloaded the Japanese or American versions they could actually read our saves.

Also let us not forget the general lack of content, the complete shambles that is the layout of the EU Store and what seems to be the rest of the world dumping their Sixaxis’ on us, and we have to get rid of them all so that we can maybe even get a release date for Dual Shock 3.

So yeah, clear out all employees of SCEE and let’s start afresh. The scarecrow would be a good start.

Regards,
Your friend, Wilester

+ Sentry on June 19th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

It’s funny how everyone is always expecting something amazing every week in the PS Store. I mean, honestly.

Good update, only thing that really “SUCKS” about anything in relation to the PS Store is the lack of PS1 games (Not really, IMO), and how Europes Stores content… or lack there of.

Otherwise, its fine, stop complaining, seriously…

+ Daver on June 19th, 2008 at 4:41 pm said:

Can you help me out?
My MGS database dosnt detect my save file even if i already completed it.. so i cant unlock the things
Thanks

+ supersnake on June 19th, 2008 at 4:44 pm said:

Oh BASEMAN, sorry buddy i wrote “@ 68″, but you were number 70. I did mention your name though, so just look up to see my reply to you.

@ 84 Wilester.
Thanks for the support, nice to see some more people are joining in. Let all europe know about it.

+ PirateThom on June 19th, 2008 at 4:45 pm said:

Daver, are you in Europe?

I’m in the UK, I think it may only detect saves for the NA version of the game.

+ Cagalli on June 19th, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

The Metal Gear database is fantastic. Thanks!

+ luckettx on June 19th, 2008 at 4:47 pm said:

@79: Currently you are cutting SCEE a lot of slack. The MGS4 database is ALREADY translated into English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish and Italian. Konami have already handled all the necessary work as it has all the languages required to have been posted this week on Euro PSN. Why it wasn’t, is as ever a mystery, evidenced here by the US Playstation blog having our comments quizzing about the usual european run-around.

I concur that SCEE’s management is the ‘weakest link’ by far with PSN, with the lack of content or explanations utterly insulting to essentially Sony’s best performing market, currently.

I’m glad the PS3 is region free, but when games randomly decide to region lock content like the MGS4 Database requiring a US save file, we are once again left at SCEE’s doorstep, shouting angry questions through the letterbox with no answer.

+ cmargary on June 19th, 2008 at 4:51 pm said:

@gamesblow

Buddy, that game have a trial.

+ Gorvi on June 19th, 2008 at 4:51 pm said:

Good update, guys. More people need to play Gurumin. :)

+ Daver on June 19th, 2008 at 4:51 pm said:

@88 PirateThom

No, im from NA

+ supersnake on June 19th, 2008 at 4:52 pm said:

Oh and here is our thread.

Everyone join in

+ darkiewonder on June 19th, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

@cmargary

He’s making things up as he goes along.

+ supersnake on June 19th, 2008 at 4:58 pm said:

Here is our website on the EU forums, check it out

community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=611&thread.id=2918

+ neo_bahamut on June 19th, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

Wow! great update, thanks!

+ yunier91 on June 19th, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

thanx for the great update

+ JordanBlack68 on June 19th, 2008 at 5:04 pm said:

scee is poor, why don’t we get the metal gear database

+ gardea on June 19th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

Downloading the MGS Database to freshen up on my MGS knowledge :)