PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 19, 2008 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Downloadable Games

Fatal Inertia EX ($29.99)
Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing. Fatal Inertia EX lets you battle at high-speed using an unconventional array of weapons designed around realistic principles of physics and magnetism.
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 906 MB

Add-on Game Content

Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds Oceania Course ($4.99)
Download the new Oceania course now available for play in Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds. Take your favorite players and caddies and tee it up on this new, beautifully designed Oceania course and see if you have what it takes your game to a new level of play.
File size: 100 KB

Metal Gear Solid 4 Database (free)
The entire Metal Gear saga is now at your fingertips!
Information on characters, weapons and plot elements from Metal Gear (1987) to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008), accessible from three different perspectives: an encyclopedia, a relationship map, and a timeline. This digital supplement is a must-have for every Metal Gear fan!
File size: 77 MB

The Incredible Hulk Downloadable Content (free)
In addition to the epic single-player experience, THE INCREDIBLE HULK’s downloadable bonus content includes six competitive two-player mission types that test the speed, strength and skill of PS3 gamers everywhere.
File size: 381 MB

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Coldplay Track Pack ($6.25)
Three pack download containing the songs “Violet Hill”, “Talk”, “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” by Coldplay. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.
File size: 45.2 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Rock ‘n’ Roll Dream” – Crooked X ($0.99)
  • “Afterlife” – Avenged Sevenfold ($1.99)
  • “Critical Acclaim” – Avenged Sevenfold ($1.99)
  • “Hammerhead” – The Offspring ($1.99)

File sizes: 25.7 MB – 53.2 MB

Game Demos (free)

Fatal Inertia EX Trial
Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing.
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 542 MB

NCAA Football 09 Demo
NCAA Football 09 arrives on campus with groundbreaking college animations and controls and all the excitement of a storied college bowl game. Develop an adrenaline-pumping home field atmosphere and see if you can build your legacy in the online Dynasty mode.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 1.50 GB

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 Demo
One of the most popular arcade shooters is back! Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 revives classic Commando action with an all new adventure.
ESRB Rating T
File size: 112 MB

Hail to the Chimp Demo
Hail to the Chimp is a fast, furious, and funny action-party game where you and up to three friends compete to become the first President of the animal kingdom!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 374 MB

Game Videos (free)

Linger in Shadows Trailer
Linger in Shadows is an interactive coffee table piece created by a collective of artists who call themselves Plastic based in Poland. This experiment into the demoscene brings new talent with a fresh approach to interactive art into the industry. Navigate through various segments and unlock both primary and secondary goals to find the rips in reality.
File size: 68 MB (HD)

PAIN: Character Intro Trailer
What new….er….WHO’S new in PAIN? Take a look and see the latest downloadable launchees. Jarvis introduces a nurse, cheerleader, ninja, pirate, and a punk rocker who are ready to launch into superstardom….or a wall – your call.
File size: 23 MB (SD), 83 MB (HD), 110 MB (1080)

Fatal Inertia EX Titan Trailer
Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing.
File size: 178 MB (HD)

Golden Axe: Beast Rider Teaser Trailer
One of SEGA’s most popular franchises storms onto the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system. As the unstoppable Tyris Flare, players will engage in vicious melee combat both on foot and atop massive mythical beasts, savaging enemies with blades and magic on a quest for vengeance – Watch the Teaser Trailer now!
File size: 12 MB (SD), 44 MB (HD), 58 MB (1080)

Prince of Persia Debut Trailer
Download the first trailer and discover the new Prince of Persia!
File size: 12 MB (SD), 45 MB (HD), 75 MB (1080)

Hail to the Chimp ‘Campaign Trail Madness’ Trailer
Take a trip with Crackers and the other candidates as they rally support on the campaign trail!
File size: 73 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

Step Brothers (x2)
Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, who last teamed in the box-office smash Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, now star in Step Brothers.
File size: 30-31 MB (SD), 110-114 MB (HD), 151-176 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)

AST Dew Tour Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool AST Dew Tour theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 1.69 MB

Game Music (free)

PAIN Theme Song
P-A-I-N, P-A-I-N…You’ve heard it while PAIN is loading, now you can download the PAIN theme song and listen to it while you play.
File size: 5.10 MB

PLAYSTATION Store for PC

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games

* Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure ($14.99) (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Demos (free)

* Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Videos (free)

* Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror behind the scenes
* Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror full trailer

PSP Themes (free)

* AST Dew Tour Theme

Hope you enjoy!

+ APaz on June 19th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

Awesome update guys!

+ P_tear_griffin on June 19th, 2008 at 5:08 pm said:

Nice update. Gave in and checked out Qore (just got the individual issue). Not bad, but I hope you guys improve on it with more interesting content. You can maybe start by letting us DL the screen shots of games off of the issue to our PHOTO section in the XMB.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on June 20th, 2008 at 10:02 am said:

That\’s a great idea, PTG.
    I\’ve forwarded your idea to the Qore guys, so hopefully something like that can be added down the road.
    Thanks for the idea!

+ gamesblow on June 19th, 2008 at 5:09 pm said:

@cmargary

My bad, man. I didn’t know I should’ve read up on it more. I’m having a bit of trouble with my system after the update to Pain at the moment, but I’m trying to work around it all together by installing my old drive, formatting it and then backing everything up to the one I just bought and then swapping it back out with the new content on it.

Here’s to hoping it works and didn’t already fry my new hdd. That’s gonna Blow, Gamesblow at that.

thanks for the heads up, though. I’ll be checking it out if I can get back up and running.

+ ShadowBlade on June 19th, 2008 at 5:14 pm said:

I would like to see the DBZ Brust limit Theme song come on the Ps store. You guys think it would ever happen.

+ cmargary on June 19th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

@gamesblow

You know? why not try this… delete the pain game, keep your save game but delete the game… then try installing again to see if that works before formatting the HD

+ gamesblow on June 19th, 2008 at 5:17 pm said:

@ cmargary

I already did that, man. Yeah, I thought of everything I could before doing this step. Odds are I’m gonna have to send it in, though.

I hope they can fix this one cause it’s a launch one and has full b/c :-(

+ tretle on June 19th, 2008 at 5:21 pm said:

Anyone else annoyed about the fact that SCEE decided that Qore doesn’t appeal to European audiences and that they would be better off wasting time making a European version if they were to do anything at all?
I’m from Ireland(Europe) we speak English. I like Veronica Belmont.
Grrrrrr….. makes me annoyed that SCEA are doing such a good job and SCEE are still getting payed for doing f+ck all..
Even things like the playstation forums. I was originally surprised when I saw the European Playstation forums. Compared to the American forums it looks like some cheap unofficial piece of crap.
I don’t think we need a SCEE.. They should just add a translation team to SCEA.
Then Europeans would get good service.
Why don’t SCEE open up their own blog? Because they don’t want to face the Europeans :D :P lol Great job on the blog by the way, its grown allot since it was created :D :P

+ cmargary on June 19th, 2008 at 5:25 pm said:

@gamesblow

I see in the other blog post of pain that you have a yellow light light? Dammmnnn… it’s absolute, completely bricked. It’s come a yellow light and the blinking red lights?

+ wiitendotriple on June 19th, 2008 at 5:31 pm said:

Why isn’t all of the PLAYSTATION Store for windows content available via PS3? Requiring windows software to download a wallpaper is ridiculous.

+ MGSMerc on June 19th, 2008 at 5:33 pm said:

Please release MGS 1 on the US PSN Store. It would be great for fans and newcomers to the series as well.

+ supersnake on June 19th, 2008 at 5:35 pm said:

Hey, i have a question. And i would please like an answer. An email sent to a friend on Playstation Underground indicated the content available in QORE EPISODE 2. One of them is ‘Exclusive Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm”. Now, is this a temporary exclusive or a Qore exclusive? Us who are in Europe, do not have access to Qore. How the heck shall we do to enjoy the naruto demo?

+ SantanaClaus89 on June 19th, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

The price for Fatal Inertia EX is WAY too high.

I would have bought it without a second thought for $10. And I’m almost positive I would have bought it for $20. But $30? Yeah right.

I’ll tell you where you can stick this game for THAT price.

Also, 2.40 please.

+ Clinton514 on June 19th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

I agree that the FI price is kind of high, but it was a full priced game on the 360. It was Koei who set the price. I may have to wait for this one to drop in price but I enjoyed the demo.

+ dojikyo on June 19th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

Before you finish telling them where, you might want to keep in mind Koei, who developed the game, might have had some say in the pricing.

+ dojikyo on June 19th, 2008 at 5:46 pm said:

Beaten by one minute.

+ Clinton514 on June 19th, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

Gotcha :P

+ Kalakaua on June 19th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

NCAA looks SWEET this year. It looks like EA finally figured out how to get us 60fps? LOVE IT! Looks a hell of a lot smoother than last years.

+ Bender Rodriguez on June 19th, 2008 at 5:55 pm said:

Decent update. At least there is a demo I might want to try out.

+ bigfnrabbit on June 19th, 2008 at 6:06 pm said:

@gamesblow I to have a launch ps3 and downloaded the pain update and it wont let me connect to internet tried twice but it didnt brick my console I feel lucky I can still play offline but thats it.Feel sorry for U as I hear its a pain in the ass to replace the far superior 60 gig hope it goes well for you as for me I wont be trying to play pain again anytime soon. thank god mines ok as I too upgraded my harddrive to 160gig.LOVE my backwards compatibility I dont know why they still dont sell them as they are far supperior than the 20s 40s and 80s.

+ bigfnrabbit on June 19th, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

SORRY for posting twice but is anyone else having problems with the PAIN UPDATE?also when can Qore users download the SOCOM BETA?

+ Ed187 on June 19th, 2008 at 6:11 pm said:

Cool one of the best yet.

+ crystalx3d on June 19th, 2008 at 6:20 pm said:

@56 ftwrthtx
Oh good grief. We seriously don’t need EVERY FRIKEN THING that ever comes out on the ps3 to work with remote play. Honestly, remote play is one of the features I use the least. I don’t get the warm fuzzies from sitting 10ft away from my ps3 doing ps3 stuff on my tiny psp screen.

+ cmargary on June 19th, 2008 at 6:35 pm said:

@121 Crystal3d

Becausssseeeee… you can do it even at work or any hotspot… not just near your PS3.. you can do it in anywhere were are internet.

+ Dorian_D on June 19th, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

Just wondering how are the ps1 classics coming along?

+ MGSMerc on June 19th, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

I know I have stated this a lot, but It would be nice if you guys could release or get whoever is in charge to release Metal Gear Solid 1 on the US PSN Store, so people like me who have the 40 gig can play and experiance it.

+ GhostInTheVoid on June 19th, 2008 at 6:44 pm said:

@Gamesblow
My launch era 60gig yellow lighted 2 weeks ago and just got it back yesterday. Feel for you man. Good luck with that swap out. It didnt work for me. Lost all data. Even took my HDD to my friends computer shop and he couldnt even find the files on the disc.

OT: great update, ’bout time. a few more of these and I may reconsider selling my new refurbished unit.

+ Gavi on June 19th, 2008 at 6:54 pm said:

A very good update. I’ll be getting the Hot Shots Golf course.

Would still like to see some more PSone classics on the store (Hint: FF7/MGS/Gran Turismo).

Also, I feel for people in Europe, but haven’t you guys just created accounts to access the other stores though? However, you will be missing out on the premium content like Qore, SCEE really needs to take a leaf out of SCEA’s book.

+ crystalx3d on June 19th, 2008 at 6:59 pm said:

@122 cmargary
I understand that, but I don’t understand how the world stops turning if you aren’t able to do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that you can do on your ps3 when you’re at work and should be, you know… working. I mean, watching your videos, or downloading updates in advance to save time are definitely convenient. But if you spend so much time away from home that have to have every single thing imaginable compatible with remote play, then I wonder why you even bothered to buy a ps3 in the first place.

+ BlackShadows14 on June 19th, 2008 at 7:10 pm said:

Demos galore.Nice.

+ cmargary on June 19th, 2008 at 7:23 pm said:

@127
I understand your opinions and are absolutly right.

But I will give you my own example I want more in the remote play.

I came from a big family and I always do family reunions and all. Like many family reunions you get bored so easily and that’s when I want to use the remote play. It’s not a every weekend situation of course, it only happen in holidays, mother’s day well, you name it. But in that moment is when I want to use that feature. That’s why me, personally, I want the remote play to be better and better.

Remember not all features in the ps3 you will use it, just look gameblow, he doesn’t even care about the ingame xmb because he doesn’t even play online. But not because he doesn’t play online the ps3 he will say that the ps3 is better without the online play and doesn’t need to improve.

Many people doesn’t even care about the multimedia capabilities of the PS3, but that’s the why I bough the ps3 because I had the other console first.

+ un-discovered on June 19th, 2008 at 7:30 pm said:

Weird demo’s..

+ agentsmith on June 19th, 2008 at 7:33 pm said:

Nice Update today.

+ X1rtam on June 19th, 2008 at 7:38 pm said:

Great update, a demo of WOTB should allow me to finally make a decision as to whether or not I’m going to buy it… Lots of content this week, can’t wait for 2.4 as well!

+ cybermansa on June 19th, 2008 at 7:41 pm said:

Super Store Update!

+ dojikyo on June 19th, 2008 at 8:15 pm said:

Forgot to mention gave it a 5. So much content ,that even though a lot of didn’t appeal to me, I actually felt Sony was working on getting stuff out for once.

Dled a couple of trailers, the Wolf of the Battlefield demo and bought the HSG5:DLC.
I think I’ve downloaded more the last few weeks than the entirety of last year.

+ Jeigh on June 19th, 2008 at 8:22 pm said:

Fans are fickle creatures, Grace. One day they’re screaming for your head, the next they’re kissing you– As for the update: Love it! :D

Keep up the great work.

+ PSPMAN07 on June 19th, 2008 at 8:35 pm said:

Great Update, I’m thinking about picking up Fatal Inertia, and I finally have gotten a feel for Commando 3 and what I was missing by holding out. Thanks for this great update :). Keep it going :D

+ NewYork214 on June 19th, 2008 at 8:36 pm said:

good update. cantwait for next week

+ 40cal on June 19th, 2008 at 8:39 pm said:

Nice, alot of content today. Downloading as we speak.

+ gamesblow on June 19th, 2008 at 8:52 pm said:

Alright, got my ps3 back to “semi” working order. It took me a few hours to get it but I ended up going back to the original 60gb drive and booting it up unformated, just as it was when I put it in and it wouldn’t let me. So after messing around in la la land for a bit I reformated it.

Downloaded just pain to my hdd and booted it up. got the update, everthing was fine until it rebooted and now it gives me this “not connected to the internet error message” It then tells me to restart it and connect. I did and go back into the game and it says the same thing.

I say forget it and just start playing it. It plays fine but I guess I’m still not connected to the internet when I play so how am I going to get any further updates?

My xmb is still laggy as hell too, so I have a feeling this system is fried in the end. Sad faces for the house.

Oh well, it’s not Sony’s fault anyways. Just a heads up.

+ cmargary on June 19th, 2008 at 9:01 pm said:

@gamesblow

Yeah… it give the same exact message everytime.. I guess is a error in the pain servers because you can still download things and the PSN is ok soo.. I don’t know

+ Korlithiel on June 19th, 2008 at 9:30 pm said:

Something is starting to really bother me with these weekly updates, so many trailers for videos for the PS3 and yet no scaled down versions for the PSP.

Even if they are Blu-Ray movies, there is no reason someone wouldn’t want a scaled version for their portable as the PSP has a beautiful screen and it would let people show off their planned purchases to friends without having to have them over.

That aside, hope to see another Playstation game on the list next week as it is looking like I need to work harder at learning my nihongo so I can understand the games you do release weekly.

+ ryuzx on June 19th, 2008 at 10:30 pm said:

I hope this isn’t the beginning of another long wait time for the next PS1 game. SCEA, why must you suck?

+ Joakim Hagdahl on June 19th, 2008 at 10:34 pm said:

Question on Qore:

I just noticed that the next episode will contain an exclusive Naruto demo.

Why would you put a demo as exclusive to subscribers?

Demos are used to sell games, any sane game developer would want their demos to be shown to everyone who is interested.

More interest = More sales.

+ AhXian on June 19th, 2008 at 10:36 pm said:

bring more jrpg over!!!(cross edge and tears of tiara)

+ SnoopYTimes on June 19th, 2008 at 10:39 pm said:

When are the PSN Cards going to be available in stores? I check my local best buy, circuit city, and gamestop and there are never any.
I read they are only available at some stores such as Meijer, but unfortunately I live in the south.
When are the Playstation Network Cards going to be available at all stores?

+ Iszk on June 19th, 2008 at 11:02 pm said:

I four starred this one, just for the database alone. Without it, I wouldn’t have had any interest in this update at all. It’s good you got a PSone game up last week, and it marked the occasion where you finally ran out of Syphon Filter games to upload, which will hopefully make room for decent games to start appearing. (SF is painfully mediocre for it’s genre, always has been, always will be, imo)

Linger in Shadows looks cool, I want that. But if you want to keep the MGS related train running… a suggestion?

Work with Konami to make the MGS Digital Graphic Novel downloadable from the store, for both the PS3 and PSP. (PSP version is difficult to track down, and I don’t even have one) You want unique content? Digital graphic novels, that’d give you exactly that. You could even work to get the upcoming MGS DGNs to dual release on PS3/PSP as well.

+ rower002 on June 20th, 2008 at 12:54 am said:

great thanks to grace chen and scea for this nice store update. you are doing a great job, although i’m still missing wipeout hd. can you tell us why it was delayed again and when we can expect it now?

+ the_icon on June 20th, 2008 at 1:04 am said:

MGS 4 database is the pick.