The Last Guardian

Jun 26

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 26, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Add-on Game Content

PAIN Nigel Character ($0.99)
Meet the newest downloadable character Nigel, a British punk so full of rage that the only thing he doesn’t hate is PAIN, and he hates the fact that he doesn’t hate it. He’s brassed off and ready to bang his head into whatever and whoever gets in his way (watch out for those spikes!). Well, it sounds like he’s asking for for it, so give him a launch…and make it a PAINful one.
File size: 6.74 MB

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock “I am Murloc” World of Warcraft Single (free)
“I Am Murloc” by Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain. For all song credits please visit
File size: 13.2 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit

• “Crackity Jones” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Dead” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Debaser” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Gouge Away” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Here Comes Your Man” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Hey” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “I Bleed” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “La La Love You” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Monkey Gone to Heaven” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Mr. Grieves” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “No. 13 Baby” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Silver” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “Tame” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • “There Goes my Gun” – the Pixies ($1.99)
  • Doolittle album ($18.99) – This album includes “Crackity Jones,” “Dead,” “Debaser,” “Gouge Away,” “Here Comes Your Man,” “Hey,” “I Bleed,” “La La Love You,” “Monkey Gone to Heaven,” “Mr. Grieves,” “No 13 Baby,” “Silver,” “Tame,” and “There Goes My Gun” by the Pixies.
  • “Dreamin'” – Weezer ($1.99)
  • “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived” – Weezer ($1.99)
  • “Troublemaker” – Weezer ($1.99)
  • Weezer Pack 1 ($5.49) – includes “Dreamin’,” “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived,” and “Troublemaker” by Weezer.

File sizes: 10.4 MB – 42.4 MB (singles), 99.2 – 278 MB (track packs)

Game Demos (free)

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds Demo
Slip on the golf shoes, step out on the course and tee it up on the PlayStation 3 with Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 505 MB

Grab your raquet and prepare to be totally immersed in every game, set and match in the most realistic and exciting tennis experience ever!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 441 MB

Game Videos (free)

Battlefield: Bad Company Accolades TV Spot
Watch the uncut TV spot now!
File size: 45 MB (HD)

Battlefield: Bad Company Preston’s Blog
Preston Marlowe has just been given a transfer to B-Company and he wants to tell his family all about it.
File size: 97 MB (HD)

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway – Ubidays Trailer
How much more can one man take? Check out the new trailer shown at Ubidays to find out.
File size: 23 MB (SD), 85 MB (HD), 113 MB (1080)

Call of Duty: World at War
The next Call of Duty revealed! Call of Duty: World at War re-defines the WWII experience, pitting players against enemies in the Pacific and European theaters who know no surrender and will unleash surprising new tactics in a fight to the death.
File size: 64 MB (HD)

The Incredible Hulk Trailer
Watch the Incredible Hulk take on foes in New York City.
File size: 54 MB (HD)

HAZE Launch Trailer
Set in the year 2048, Mantel Global Industries offers an array of cutting-edge military equipment, including a high-tech arsenal of vehicles, deadly weaponry, and the performance-enhancing drug Nectar. Fight a vicious rebel faction, the Promise Hand. Uncover the truth, switch sides, and break away from Mantel’s manipulative grip when you join your former enemies, the Promise Hand.
File size: 300 MB (HD)

HAZE Song Trailer
Download the recent video clip of Korn performing their latest track HAZE, inspired by Ubisoft’s upcoming video game of the same name.
File size: 89 MB (SD), 131 MB (HD), 172 MB (1080)

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

The House Bunny trailer
In Columbia Pictures’ comedy The House Bunny, Anna Faris charms as Shelley Darlington, a Playboy Bunny who teaches an awkward sorority about the opposite sex – only to learn that what boys really like is what’s on the inside.
File size: 29.1 MB (SD), 110 MB (HD), 147 MB (1080)

So I Married An Axe Murderer Blu-ray Disc trailer
Offbeat, hatchet-driven romance about a wedlock-shy coffee house poet (Mike Myers) whose perfect woman (Nancy Travis) just might be a serial killer.
File size: 110 MB (HD), 158 MB (1080)

Men In Black Blu-ray Disc trailer
A sci-fi adventure comedy about two top secret agents (Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith) with the everyday mission of policing alien activities on planet Earth.
File size: 43 MB (HD), 60 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)

PAIN: Nigel Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Nigel theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 2.24 MB

Customize your PS3 system with a cool PLAYSTATION Network theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 1.95 MB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games

* Medievil Resurrection ($16.99) (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Videos (free)

* Medievil Resurrection interview trailer

PSP Wallpaper (free)

* Medievil Resurrection wallpaper (x3)

Hope you enjoy!

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ djratchet on June 26th, 2008 at 5:35 pm said:

both SCEJ and SCEE have games that were originally published by SCEA that we STILL do not have. The biggest one I can think of is CTR.

+ djratchet on June 26th, 2008 at 5:37 pm said:

Hey playstation store, show some love to the PSP and make a version of your theme for us. :P

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on June 26th, 2008 at 6:53 pm said:

Sure thing!
    Check back next week and I\’ll have one for you guys!

+ KazeEternal on June 26th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

I know stuff, but I think I may have gone a tad over the top. My apologies to Grace as I appreciate the effort they do put in and to Jeff for any embarrassment I may have caused. However something needs to be done and fast. I love my PSP and it was a hard decision to make when I decided to wait to get a PSP instead of buying a DS. When I got the unit I was so happy with everything that it did and what it was going to do. Over the past 3 years the system has become an extension of my everyday life and I go no where without it. I watch over it like a hawk to make sure all is going well to make sure that this little extension of me is supported to the fullest.

I also like the possibilities it adds to the PS3 and being able to continue my games on my TV when I’m near the end of the game or being able to quickly switch to a game I’m in the mood for.

So I watch, I watch Sony with a close eye waiting for details, I watch to find out where they can go and why they do the things that they do. Sometimes it feels like they are just making excuses because they are spread to thin, part of that is because of Money and the way to get money is to put PSOne titles in the store.

One thing that Sony could do for the Ratings problem is to just release the games as RP and put the highest level of lock on them until they get a rating set. At least then the games would be out there and they could update us when the ratings are set. Not hard. Someone is not looking for a solution, because it just doesn’t seem like a priority.

Well time to get back to MGS3, hopefully I’ll be playing MGS4 soon. Really happy I have BC on my PS3 or I’d have to miss out on the entire series.

+ ryuzx on June 26th, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

Heh, look at all the PS1 complaints. Perhaps SCEA could invest into a blog, so they can respond to these oft-repeated complaints/requests and put something into perspective. Oh… wait, this is supposed to be a blog. But not one post-in-red on two pages. Tsk. Tsk. What’s the point of this blog, SCEA, if you’re not going to participate?

+ gamesblow on June 26th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

Look guys we can fight amongst each other every post or we can face the facts. Sony doesn’t really know how to deal with the psn in terms of a global scale. We are region locked and sanctioned off away from everyone. We’re not a community, we’re a prison block and only are allowed to cross over on recess it seems.

I honestly think Sony looks at their system like this, it’s a ps3 and its main focus is on ps3 and to have us ask for 10 year old games is unheard of to them. An insult almost.

Well, if they’d release ps3 games worth a damn we’d be happy I suppose. Well that’s my take.

+ Gavi on June 26th, 2008 at 5:54 pm said:

Good to finally see the Hot Shots Golf demo up in the store, hopefully more people will go out and buy the game so we can get some more people online. Plenty of room online for you all.

I’d really like to see SCEA put up more PSone games in the store, the demand appears to be there, but I don’t know whether people are actually buying the games from the store. Japan does seem to be getting a frequent supply of them and apparently Square-Enix has no plans to release games on the US PSN for now. Great :(

There goes hope of Final Fantasy 7.

+ candiria on June 26th, 2008 at 6:08 pm said:

@4 chill out.

+ ryuzx on June 26th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

@ #95, well, people might buy more if they’d put more up there and a better variety. I’ve only bought Wild Arms so far. I’d have bought Symphony of the Night, but I already got it from XBLA. I’d buy Castlevania Chronicles if they’d stop sitting on it. I’d get Intelligent Qube as well (Sony property, so don’t even need to get the rights to put it on there). I have a PSP, but not much longer—nothing is coming out for it, and KazeEternal (#86) is right, PS1 games can help feel the gap(ing disappointment).

+ SantanaClaus89 on June 26th, 2008 at 6:17 pm said:

This update is made of fail.

Release 2.40

+ Nitrowolf2 on June 26th, 2008 at 6:22 pm said:

an alright update
question: is it true that our friends list limitation from 50 friends has increased now?
and whats the new limit?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on June 26th, 2008 at 6:56 pm said:

Yup – your Buddy List should now have a max of 100 friends, IIRC.

+ Joe on June 26th, 2008 at 6:22 pm said:

I was wondering if any one at Sony has any plans on having a Community calendar on the site because there is one for Australia on the site.

Also any chance that if it comes out in the US it could also work on PSN. I think having a Community calendar that works on PSN would be pretty cool.

Plus over at reelgamers they have a nice idea for a game it is like Super Smash Brothers only it would be with playstation characters. It got be thinking that would be a really cool game.

But I also have an idea for it instead of having the characters be there normal self they could be sackboys instead.

Seeing as in LBP there is the Sackboys from Killzone. I thought why not make every one else a sackboy in the game think about the cool fights between Sackboy Kratos and Sackboy vib-ribbon or may a fight with Sackboy Arc from Arc the lad.

I think Super Sackboy Smash would be really cool. The game could be T and the game would be for both casuals and hardcore gamers.

So I for one would love to see this game get made.

+ Kenaue on June 26th, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

@ 99

The new limit is 100 if I am thinking correctly.

+ psmgamer on June 26th, 2008 at 6:25 pm said:

I really see no point in complaining to Sony about the lack of PS1 games since I doubt we will ever get the entire PS1 library or at a game a week like Japan does. Whatever Sony puts on PSN every Thursday is fine by me and others should just accept it. I do admit that I bought a PSP Slim to play PS1 games since Sony promised almost 5-7 being released but hasn’t lived up to that promised. I have heard about licensing issues and renewing rights to certain games plus regions getting certain games while others don’t and it really seems that there is a ton of work just to get a least one PS1 released on PSN.

+ bigfnrabbit on June 26th, 2008 at 6:27 pm said:

U keep buying their load of crap there is no reason why there isnt more than 22 ps1 games on our NA store if they started working on this problem over a year ago there would be some results,they would have it resolved by now if they actually did something about it.DONT CALL ME OUT WIYH YOUR NO NONSENSE BULLCRAP YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR MAKING EXCUSES FOR THESES PEOPLE WHO ARE GIVING ABSOLUTLY BULLCRAP REASONS FOR NOT HAVING PS1 GAMES.

+ Kenaue on June 26th, 2008 at 6:30 pm said:

The only reason I can think that defends having next to no PS1 games on PSN is that Sony doesn’t have the rights to put them up there, and they’d have to go out and get them. For game published by Sony in America, we should see those up there. *Points to FFVII*

+ juuken on June 26th, 2008 at 6:32 pm said:

Not a bad update Sony, keep it up.

I think people should be grateful for the things we’re getting on the PS3 so far instead of complaining every five seconds. I want to see some classic PS1 games as well but I think it was explained why there’s an issue bringing them here.

+ BlackShadows14 on June 26th, 2008 at 6:32 pm said:

Lots of content. All good with me!

+ Stoffinator on June 26th, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

Always good to have demos.

PAGE 1 3 4 5