Uncharted 4

SOCOM: Confrontation Media Day Coverage!

David Brothers's Avatar + Posted by David Brothers on Jun 27, 2008 // SOCOM.com

David “Point Man” Brothers here once again with some news on a series of posts on SOCOM.com you may want to see.

SOCOM Media Day

This past Tuesday, Sony threw a Media Day just outside of Las Vegas. The Sony team, Slant Six reps, myself, and a bunch of reporters went out into the desert to shoot some guns, have some fun, and get some new facts on SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation and the official Bluetooth Headset for PLAYSTATION 3.

PS3 Bluetooth

Click on over to SOCOM.com to check out the beginning of our coverage. We’re going to hit the ground running today and keep the info coming to you next week.

SOCOM Media Day

Below we’ve got a flyby of Quarantine, one of the stages that were spotlighted on Tuesday, plus a few shots of the goings-on at the event. That’s just to whet your appetite, though. Come get the main course over at SOCOM.com!

87 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ ultimate920 on June 27th, 2008 at 2:56 pm said:

Sony, thank you for the PS headset! This is awesome news, when can we expect a release date (without the bundle of SOCOM)

+ TheVesra on June 27th, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

so, with july a stones throw away and no beta yet, does this mean i’ll have to keep the june qore on my system or will there continue to be a slot available for socom in future qore issues until the beta is acutally released?after all, being a 40 gig owner with the current games using a ton of space and dlc and psn games, i may not have had room to keep the june qore if i hadn’t updated to a 100gig hdd. because deleting and redownloading that issue is a cruddy option.

+ jimmyn28 on June 27th, 2008 at 3:24 pm said:

You guys have got to be kidding. That headset looks nothing but average. The only thing it’s got going is the mute button.

+ rwhp3 on June 27th, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

the bundle is already for preorder at gamestop for $60 if you guys want to check it out….hope they stop all the hackers in this game because it sure did ruin the other games

+ rwhp3 on June 27th, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

Also heard the headset will go on sale sepreatly but will cost $40-$50 so u might as well get the bundle

+ Nitrowolf2 on June 27th, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

sweet
alone with just the disc = $40
disc and headset= $60
that a great deal
im going to get the bundle considering i like having extra headsets

+ Retrogameplayer on June 27th, 2008 at 4:43 pm said:

Man, I can’t wait to play this. The headset looks awesome too.

+ Cheysan on June 27th, 2008 at 5:00 pm said:

I can’t wait for that headset. My bluetooth headset works fine, but you can’t mute it without having it beep in your ear every few seconds to let you know you’re muted. Since most games seem to force autospeak on you lately, I don’t even connect my headset.

+ Tropic on June 27th, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

Hey can you guys send me that headset I’ll test it for you?

It doesn’t hard to try to ask. But the maps looks good. Very ery.

+ Kiamo on June 27th, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

Looks good, but what i REALLY wanna see is being able to copy media from my ps3 to my psp over remote play so that i can enjoy music/videos/pictures/ etc when I no longer have access to wifi.

The thought of being able to go to a wifi area anywhere in the world, turn on my ps3 and update my music selection on my psp makes my tummy feel all light…

achem! of topic i know but I didnt really know where i should be throwing in this request.

+ the_icon on June 27th, 2008 at 6:43 pm said:

I also wana know whether SOCOM supports local split screen. IF so… I guess HALO 3 needs to be pushed over…

+ monkeyisland on June 27th, 2008 at 7:13 pm said:

oh wow..please give me some more informations on the headset! Release date, price..etc
it looks frigging sexy!

+ Herby on June 27th, 2008 at 7:21 pm said:

The maps are looking amazing !!!
Congrats and can’t wait for the release.

+ kYoGT on June 27th, 2008 at 7:35 pm said:

sorry to be off topic but can you guys please let me know if this rumor is true…Theres a rumor that there will be a firmware update for 40gb systems to be able to play ps2 games. I currently have the 40gb and made a mistake because now I want to play ps2 games. My ps2 is broken and I’m getting bored of playing call of duty everyday. No new games are good to me so far. I’m not going to sell my ps3 to Gamestop because they only will give me 200 for it.

+ hijaker77 on June 27th, 2008 at 7:39 pm said:

Lets hope that the headset is as comfortable as the 360 headset and about time Sony on an official headset.

+ H3AVY F1R3 on June 27th, 2008 at 8:01 pm said:

Sony should have bundled the headsets with the system because many new games are turning into squad based tactic games, and having a headset bundled with the system will make sure that EVERY person on your team has a headset and you can communicate with them!

+ Kenaue on June 27th, 2008 at 8:02 pm said:

Wow. I can’t wait for this. I want to get my hands on that headset…I was disappointed by the MGS4 one.

+ H3AVY F1R3 on June 27th, 2008 at 8:05 pm said:

I know this is off topic, but does anybody know if more than 1 person will be able to play online at the same ps3 for resistance 2? Sorta like gaylo

+ thechamp10ak on June 27th, 2008 at 8:15 pm said:

from what ive been hearing the Socom Bundle (Game + Headset) is gonna be priced like warhawk, 60 Bucks for both headset and game together so yeah thats what ive been hearin not sure if its official

+ lando786 on June 27th, 2008 at 8:19 pm said:

Awesome looking game. Never played Socom before but this looks like a game I can’t miss. I hope since its online only it will be $40 like warhawk

+ stennex on June 27th, 2008 at 8:34 pm said:

Ohhhweee i am hungry for the hunt. I love the bluetooth headset, hope it works as good as it looks.

+ Ghostm on June 27th, 2008 at 8:46 pm said:

I feel like I’m always reading about the same stuff all the time. I’m getting pretty bored to be honest. It’s always Little Big Planet, Home (Been delayed so many times that I don’t even really care if it ever gets released), Socom and Killzone 2 Resistance 2.
When are we going to start hearing about new stuff. It’s been over a year now and we are still talking about these same games.

+ sserschens on June 27th, 2008 at 10:03 pm said:

I can’t wait!

+ Atoms on June 27th, 2008 at 10:14 pm said:

Will the headset sell as a stand alone too?

+ CrazyClown on June 27th, 2008 at 11:36 pm said:

GAMEPLAY LOOKS LIKE SOCOM 3 WATCH OUT MAKE IT MORE LIKE SOCOM 2

+ marcindpol on June 28th, 2008 at 1:00 am said:

cannot wait for a game and a headset:)

+ Dorian_D on June 28th, 2008 at 1:13 am said:

it’s looking pretty good. I hope it will play like socom2!

+ Gunwing on June 28th, 2008 at 7:25 am said:

I have to say I was not vary interested in this game from the start of the PS2 days, and even on the PSP I only played the demo for Tactical Strike. But this looks sweet! I saw some combat videos of the game in action RPG kills, extrations by choppers, and most of all killer teamwork gameplay!

I may just jump into my first SOCOM game ever! I hope we get maps where to win the mission we have to escort convoys, and stuff as well! I mean damn! That car was totaled and the man next to it was dead instantly! I’m going to love RPGs!

Plus the gun sounds were 100 times better then in any movie I ever heard, and the graphics were great! The dust from bullet impacts, and nades was sweet!

+ Conrad Max on June 28th, 2008 at 7:58 am said:

The video of the next Call of Duty looks hot and intense.However, I am hoping that the online maps for the new game will be added to the current rotation so that if people are playing either of the games, they won’t have to switch out the discs in order to play online. I enjoy playing the current maps and would like to be able to play both old and new maps at the click of a button.

+ Gunwing on June 28th, 2008 at 8:30 am said:

I have to say this game is on my buy list now. It needs a date thats for sure! I hope it comes out this year. But if not BF:BC here I come!

Another thing is that 32 players is sweet! I hope the player count will get a bump after the games released to 60! The PS3 natively supports 60 players online and it’s built into the network of the PS3.

+ Albanian_Killa on June 28th, 2008 at 10:31 am said:

I honestly can’t wait for SOCOM: Confrontation. Been playing SOCOM ever since SOCOM II released. I loved that game. In fact, it’s my #1 favourite game of all time. One thing I would ask is that you guys fix the pacing of the game. Just make the running a little slower. It looks like guys at times have jetpacks strapped on their legs. Other than that, I saw some HD footage from GameTrailers and GameVideos and I absolutely loved it. Keep up the good work Slant Six. And please, start with the beta already :P

+ EyeHaveYou on June 28th, 2008 at 11:38 am said:

Weird… Flickr says I don’t have permission to view the pictures. Can you guys fix it?

I’m interested in the headset… FINALLY an official PS headset.

+ Rocky_1000 on June 28th, 2008 at 1:22 pm said:

Its sweet !! Cant wait for Sept to roll around. I got a subscription to Qore and the video footage of socom confrontation was awesome not too mention the socom ps3 theme. I cant wait for the beta to start as well, it was in the Qore as well :)

+ LSMJGO on June 28th, 2008 at 1:54 pm said:

when will the beta i gt from qore be availble

+ jj_ob on June 28th, 2008 at 8:23 pm said:

That mic looks pretty cool. I’ll buy this game if I like the beta.

+ bigdinz on June 30th, 2008 at 7:13 am said:

It’s about time we get a “PS3″ headset!!! Not soon enough either. Oh yeh, the game is looking hot!

+ fatboyalf on June 30th, 2008 at 5:48 pm said:

the headset looks pretty badass i heard that it comes packeged with socom confrontation and will probably be released individualy around the same time as socom.

+ CHERRY on July 11th, 2008 at 6:48 pm said:

Not to complain but I hope there’s no hackers or any sort of thing like that cuz it kinda ruins it, love the maps guys i really love ur brigin crossroads back.

PAGE 1 2