Uncharted 4

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 29, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

What did we learn this week? The Sony Group Corporate Strategy Update revealed a few things you’ll be hearing more about in the near future, the PSP and Metrocards go hand in hand, and inFAMOUS looks pretty damn good.

Here’s where I ask for your links: As always, feel free to share your favorite reads in the comments below. Comments may take longer than usual to appear – even bloggers deserve a day off.

But because I know what you’re going to ask about, and because we don’t traffic in rumors and/or speculation, I invite you to come back to the Blog tonight (just shy of midnight Pacific). We’ve got a video to show you.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of 6/23)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ onisat on June 29th, 2008 at 5:34 pm said:

thanks for the info jeff

+ thingg on June 29th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

oh yeah. thanks jeff….

+ jonabbey on June 29th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

Jeff, you know NeoGAF is exploding with photoshops of joy at your one paragraph tease, don’t you? ;-)

+ jonabbey on June 29th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

NeoGAF is exploding with photoshops of joy at this one paragraph tease, Jeff.. ;-)

+ winner00 on June 29th, 2008 at 5:50 pm said:

I can’t wait for the video. I hope that it is 2.40. Once 2.40 comes out the PS3 will be awesome.

+ mordeeb on June 29th, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

i think we know how to use the xmb why can’t you guys just give the fans what they want and give us the update do you have any idea how to make people happy?

+ gardea on June 29th, 2008 at 5:59 pm said:

2.40 Video? Cool, I’ll be here.

+ gardea on June 29th, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

Why can’t we edit our comment posts?

Jeff, I was going to ask you something about the PlayStation Blog birthday thing.

I was #25 in the top posters for the blog and I received an e-mail asking for my preferred shirt size and street address. The e-mail came from playstation.blog@gmail.com — is this a legit e-mail address? I want my shirt :)

+ twooh on June 29th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

@152

I feel the same way.

I hate how sony drags and makes us wait. Even with PSN store updates. Every Thursday. How lazy of them. That’s why the PS3 is the better console in Japan, SCEJ knows how to take care of fans. They give it as soon as it’s available.

Sorry to have to dog you out sony, but if the truth hurts.

+ jimmyn28 on June 29th, 2008 at 6:17 pm said:

Sucks that it’s just a video walkthrough and not the actual firmware update. I mean, it’s still awesome that we get to see it, but it’s more of a tease than anything.

+ Blackmoses11 on June 29th, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

Personally I have only one request after the famous in gamb XMB…
A playlist for our video content! I mean it would seem logical to do so. I use my PS3 for get togethers mainly, I can play my music and have cool animations going on in the background. But with the inclusion of the DIVX capabilities I have tons of HD Music Videos that I would love to play back one after another. What do you guys think?

+ AndyFraser on June 29th, 2008 at 6:34 pm said:

If we get a video tonight.. then why not release the firmware too?

Why make us wait.. come on Sony

+ evilman279 on June 29th, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

i hope they release the firmware on tuesday, that would be so awesome, wow =D.

+ nando92 on June 29th, 2008 at 6:52 pm said:

oooooo Can’t wait!!! I’ll definately be here at 3 a.m. :)
(I live in new jersey) LOL

+ Patriotsbball5460 on June 29th, 2008 at 6:52 pm said:

I think all of you need to stop whining like little kids, they will get the firmware out when it is ready for public use, you no its coming and just be pleased that they did listen to the fans and spent the time to make in-game xmb for the ps3, now just calm down watch the videos when they are released and then wait for more info from the blog.

+ evilman279 on June 29th, 2008 at 6:53 pm said:

omg this is wow

+ nando92 on June 29th, 2008 at 6:55 pm said:

will I be able to see the video on my ps3???
Im 15 and my only computer is in my parents room and I can’t be there in 3 a.m. (I DONT want to see what there up to at 3) lol

+ enewtabie on June 29th, 2008 at 6:56 pm said:

Hey Jeff
If you could pass along to the guys.Apple/Ipod connectivity would be much appreciated.I would like to be able to plug in my ipod and have it detect it and put it into the proper folder.It just doesn’t do anything effectively now.Thanks

Thanks for the videos too.

+ Dubbedinenglish on June 29th, 2008 at 6:56 pm said:

We know what 2.4 will bring…But what about the rumors of 2.5 including skynet?

+ thingg on June 29th, 2008 at 6:58 pm said:

@154
yes it’s legit. I got the same one. They use gmail because of its awesome spam filters B)

+ evilman279 on June 29th, 2008 at 7:10 pm said:

@ 163 can you play songs from your ipod on the ps3?. i plug my ipod and it doesnt play the songs frmo my ipod =(

+ P_tear_griffin on June 29th, 2008 at 7:10 pm said:

Nice updates. Was reading the IGN article on the PSP. Is it just me or is everything from their playstation team always a complaint?

BTW, my PSP-fat just went to the electronic heaven, after a tumble down the stairs. Guess it’s time to get a slim!

PSP-fat R.I.P.(2005-2008)

+ enewtabie on June 29th, 2008 at 7:12 pm said:

@166
That’s what I’m saying:) I want it to work.We know Hideo loves Apple btw..

+ aiphanes on June 29th, 2008 at 7:14 pm said:

Yeah i heard Skynet was going online with firmware 2.5….

+ evilman279 on June 29th, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

what is skynet? sry for the noob question

+ Patriotsbball5460 on June 29th, 2008 at 7:18 pm said:

@170 dont worry i dont no what it is either, I even wiki’d it but it didnt say nething i thought would be a playstation use

+ evilman279 on June 29th, 2008 at 7:21 pm said:

@ 171 i just read something about skynet being something part of computers with their own intelligence, i dont think thats for the ps3 lol

+ Delriach on June 29th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

Watch the Terminator movies :D

+ evilman279 on June 29th, 2008 at 7:25 pm said:

@ 173, can you tell us what it is? plz lol

+ gp13cg on June 29th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

Thank you jeff. Your the man!!!

+ gp13cg on June 29th, 2008 at 7:30 pm said:

@174 watch terminator 3 and 2 and 1 then you will know.

+ KenLanzJr on June 29th, 2008 at 7:32 pm said:

Thanks Jeff, really looking foward to the videos that will up at 3AM EST.

+ Linux_Guru_ on June 29th, 2008 at 7:43 pm said:

I wait for this with baited breath.

LOL@ all the people who want to add Jeff to their PSN Friends just so they can ask him about firmware updates

+ kill_strike on June 29th, 2008 at 7:46 pm said:

Thanks Jeff I can’t wait for midnight YAY

+ SpLinT on June 29th, 2008 at 7:52 pm said:

Jeff, are those gamercard/profile pictures real or fake?

+ LSMJGO on June 29th, 2008 at 7:57 pm said:

@ 166 you can play songs from your ipod on ur ps3 go to music settings and change the audio import to mp3

+ GuySpook on June 29th, 2008 at 7:58 pm said:

Jeff, not to be ungrateful, but will the videos give us a timeframe for when firmware 2.4 will be released?

+ McKey1991 on June 29th, 2008 at 8:00 pm said:

Hey Jeff, I was wondering if 2.40 or any other FW will update the Playstation browser’s Flash player.

+ Pharmboy044 on June 29th, 2008 at 8:00 pm said:

Hey Jeff, I’m new here but I just wanted to thank you and everyone at Sony who is responsible for this blog. This was a great idea for the Playstation community all over the world. I come here everyday for anything relating to the Playstation brand. Keep up the great work and keep those firmware updates coming.

P.S.
Firmware 2.4 FTW.

+ AndyFraser on June 29th, 2008 at 8:01 pm said:

4 hours to go

+ nando92 on June 29th, 2008 at 8:02 pm said:

skynet is obviously a lie to show the ps3’s power
skynet is a computer A.I. that does everything for a country (ex. Decides on war, economics, and money)
nothing a ps3 would have any use for (plus I don’t think its possible YET!!)
unless Sony has the same name for a different purpose

+ thatsmartguywiththefro on June 29th, 2008 at 8:03 pm said:

@AndyFraser
Why the hell would you STAY UP until 8am?!?!? Why not just wake up then? sorry but when I read that it just seemed sort of strange….

@Jeff/Sony
In the upcoming firmware updates could we get an edit multiple and ipod support? I haven’t added much music to my hardrive because it’s so tedious to re add all the album info that’s lost in the transfer. thanks in advance.

And when you say just shy of midnight, what exactly is that supposed to mean? 3 minutes till, a half hour? I guess I’ll just have to see.

A. K. C.

+ P_tear_griffin on June 29th, 2008 at 8:09 pm said:

I don’t know if someone posted this already but three speech posted their poll on “your Favorite PS1 game” That list was long!

+ AndyFraser on June 29th, 2008 at 8:09 pm said:

@thatsmartguywiththefro

Im currently at work mate, dont finish till 7am so whats the harm in another hour

+ Kenaue on June 29th, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

Holy crap. I almost forgot about Infamous until the Game Informer magazine came in…Now I can’t wait for it. Is it for 08 or 09? If it’s 08, Project Origin is going to have some competition.

+ nando92 on June 29th, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

@ andyFraser
12 a.m PACIFIC time
if u live in england then u have like 4 hours
if u don’t live in England then don’t say “mate” lol jk jk

+ nando92 on June 29th, 2008 at 8:16 pm said:

@Kenaue
spring 09

+ AndyFraser on June 29th, 2008 at 8:17 pm said:

@ Nando92

Yeah i know mate, just under 4 hours it is

And im actually from Scotland

+ forzanerazzurri on June 29th, 2008 at 8:21 pm said:

Thanks so much Jeff for all you do. You do really do a great job here and alot of us appreciate you despite our frustrations taking over sometimes.

I do have a question for you regarding the video store that is due to be released. Will the store be available in Canada at the time it is released in the US? We have heard lots about the US and sometimes North America is used but not Canada specifically. Any info would be great thanks.

+ Kenaue on June 29th, 2008 at 8:22 pm said:

Sweet. Project Origin won’t have to fight Infamous to the death to get my money.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8