No Man's Sky

Want more R2? Grab GamePro

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Jul 01, 2008 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Resistance 2 GP cover

Want to read everything about Resistance 2‘s 300-foot tall, skyscraper-smashing Leviathan? Then you’ll want to pick-up of the August issue of GamePro Magazine! In the 10-page Resistance 2 cover story, you’ll see the first details and images of one of our boss Chimera, which we call the Leviathan. In addition, GamePro got the chance to play through a lengthy segment of our Chicago single-player level, and checked out our 8-player online co-op and competitive multiplayer. The issue is hitting subscribers now and goes on newsstands early next week, but if you really can’t wait, here’s a sneak peak at a couple of the new screenshots below.

R2 LEVIATHAN R2 CHICAGO THEATRE

Obviously, you’ll have to go buy the magazine to see more of Resistance 2, which also features an exclusive three-page fold-out cover showing some art our team created of Nathan Hale in Chicago and a few other surprises. Check out a preview here

If you are a Resistance fan, this issue is a must-have.

Next up for us is E3. We’re working hard to prepare for the big show. Stay tuned for lots of new info from us soon.

As always, Bryan Intihar and I will be around answering your questions in the comments section.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ T-Jani on July 1st, 2008 at 1:09 pm said:

Sweet!

+ ozzyuno on July 1st, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

Cool Man

+ Patriotsbball5460 on July 1st, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

nice beta is coming

+ EvoAnubis on July 1st, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

I’ll just wait until the game comes out. That way, I can be surprised with everything I see, instead of be expecting things. Can’t wait! 8P co-op and 60P multi-player FTW.

Also, on a slightly unrelated subject, I just want to say how much I enjoy the Full Moon podcast . . . I never miss an episode.

+ Eternity_Viper_Snake on July 1st, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

Sweet i want the beta code pls let us know when!!!!!!!!!! :)

+ X_TyranX_X on July 1st, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

Resistance: FoM was awesome, I loved it for its crazy weapons and crapload of enemies that come at you.

I hope R2 has twice or triple as much enemies!

+ BioBlueDemon on July 1st, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

That beast looks epic!

+ PyroJack on July 1st, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

I think its only a chance to win a beta code. At least thats what I hear.

+ SabbathRider on July 1st, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

Do you guys plan on doing an exclusive with a magazine here in the UK? because obviously we can’t get any of this information as the magazine is not sold here.

+ IceColdKilla44 on July 1st, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

i have the magazine: best couple of bucks on a magazine i’ve spent on GamePro in a while.

i really only have ONE question for Resistance 2:

on GameTrailers TV, Ted Price kind of scared me when he said “you will se at least A vehicle”

please tell me you guys are going to have at least as many vehicles in R1. the vehicles were without question some of the best parts of Resistance 1.

i would really be bummed if you guys just scrapped vehicles completely

+ evilman279 on July 1st, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

wow this is awesome. cant wait for this game

+ mr.popper on July 1st, 2008 at 1:21 pm said:

I am just wondering if RFOM 1 will have trophies? I know RFOM2 will.

+ Prezhulio on July 1st, 2008 at 1:21 pm said:

Hey James and Bryan, the game is looking fanfreakingtastic. Quick question – Any word on whether R1 is going to get patched to support custom soundtracks? Thanks for the update!

+ reson8er on July 1st, 2008 at 1:26 pm said:

I believe (if memory serves) that Insomniac already stated on their podcast that they would NOT be patching R1 for Custom Soundtracks or Trophies.

+ EyeHaveYou on July 1st, 2008 at 1:27 pm said:

Resistance 2 needs more polishing. GameTrailers “exclusive” gameplay footage does not look like an upgrade from Resistance, but instead Resistance 1.5. And yes, I know the footage was taken from the alpha stage of Resistance 2.

If you guys can make Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction looked like a Pixar movie… I hope you guys can show FINAL stage of Resistance 2 at E3 of what can we expect for it to look like when it will released later this year.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Brian Intihar on July 1st, 2008 at 2:41 pm said:

We appreciate the feedback, but trust us, wait till E3. We think you\’ll be impressed.

+ mendezgato on July 1st, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

this is the reason why i fell in love with the ps3 (remember resistance fom)hopely it’ll be as good as the first one Q/ is there any early info on the trophies for this one?

+ Fersis on July 1st, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

to the nice guys at insomniac:
how the hell you do ,to make so many cool games in so short time lapse ?!…
Are you robots?
Its amazing !

+ tearsofash on July 1st, 2008 at 1:30 pm said:

Magazine’s are cool, because of all the pretty pictures. I’ll probably read it.

+ Stoffinator on July 1st, 2008 at 1:33 pm said:

I wonder what E3 will bring to us for R2? ;-]

+ 3D3 on July 1st, 2008 at 1:34 pm said:

Cloverfield :)

+ Atoms on July 1st, 2008 at 1:34 pm said:

I am so ready for E3! Sock it to me Sony!

+ xaos on July 1st, 2008 at 1:36 pm said:

Woo, can’t wait for this; there was some story hints in the first game that I hope will be greatly expanded on in R2 (ancient Chimera ruins? WTF) Leviathan looks pretty awe inspiring; I doubt a standard carbine is gonna cut it there :)

+ AznSniper on July 1st, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

Will there be many chances to get into the beta?

+ Xanog on July 1st, 2008 at 1:42 pm said:

Man, that thing really lives up to it’s name.

Can’t wait to fight that, and I’m loving how Insomniac is bringing back some old-school FPS boss-action while keeping the game on the cutting-edge of everything.

I hope we find out more about that robotic-octopus thing in the concept art, too.

+ ChateauDIf on July 1st, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

2.40, trophies, in game XMB, Resistance 2 info. Geez Sony, what CAN’T you do? :)

+ maluraq on July 1st, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

I’m very excited for R2 — this will be a day 1 purchase for me, and I can’t wait to play through the various missions. Please include 1080i support for us CRT users, and I really really hope you guys take a few minutes and add trophy support to Resistance: Fall of Man and Ratchet & Clank: Future too.

I’ve beaten R&C twice and plan to play through it again just because I can, but if you add trophy support I’ll wait for my next play through to get the trophies this time. Please?

+ mr.popper on July 1st, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

that sucks that there is no RFOM1 trophies :(

+ Delriach on July 1st, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

Will there be other methods to getting access to the beta?

+ Toast on July 1st, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

Sounds good, might end up picking up my first gamepro mag in almost 3 years

+ Swift on July 1st, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

How do guys decide what parts of the game are shown? In the GI issue I have you showed pics of a completely different area than Chicago. I guess I was expecting the first game play footage to be from that location, so why Chicago?

+ Chaos_Bladez on July 1st, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

GOTY 08!
The shooter to beat this year!
Is the caompaign going to be focused on on E3? Or is it too early to say?

Thanks a million!

+ NewYork214 on July 1st, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

cant wait for tomorrows podcast.

@Brian or James
was the awe inspiring feature talked about on the podcast shown yet? talked about it a few times since brian was on the show. it keeps buggin me what could be so cool. im thinkin maybe its the leviathan but i dont know. maybe the way u kill him is the very cool thing you cant talk about lol

and one last question

will there be more scary levels in R2. the underground bunker level with the lights goin out in R1 kicked ass hope there is more like that

and more gore.

k im done.

+ StalkingSilence on July 1st, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

Excited about R2’s trophies. Especially now that other games have announced trophies (Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune trophies just announced – http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pslounge&message.id=496716#M496716)

+ joel on July 1st, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

This game is looking so much better than the first, and after seeing the story teaser its getting better.

+ StalkingSilence on July 1st, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

“Free Resistance 2 Beta Codes”

+ H3AVY F1R3 on July 1st, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

DID ANYBODY SEE THE NEW RESISTANCE 2 TRAILER? IT LOOKS AWESOME

+ RandomEarthling on July 1st, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

300-foot tall Leviathan FTW!!!

Can’t wait to see how the battle with that thing will go down.

+ Jeigh on July 1st, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

I’m really looking forward to the Full Moon Show tomorrow! It feels almost like I’m experiencing the development, maybe not so much of the game itself, but of Brian Intihar’s immersion into the industry. Taken any screenshots lately? XD

I really don’t think I have any big questions for you guys…

I suppose one thing I’d like to know is how many different weapons we can expect to see in the game- or I suppose a more appropriate question would be “How many guns have been created or are being created for Resistance 2 at the moment?” I really feel that the creative, at times silly, weapons Insomniac creates are what keeps the games so fun and so interesting.

I would ask about the ‘two weapon’ thing, but if you guys think it makes the experience more enjoyable, I’ll take you word on it.

Hear you tomorrow! (…Right?) :D

+ Jeigh on July 1st, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

Oh, slight amendment to my previous post: “How many WEAPONS have been created or […] “

+ Trieloth on July 1st, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

Its been a looong time since I have bought GamePro. For a while it seemed like it was ran by a bunch of xbots. All they did was bash the PS3, so I stopped buying GP…but I WILL have that issue ASAP.

+ Draicus on July 1st, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

Holy crap, he’s a biggun.

+ IceColdKilla44 on July 1st, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

hey insomniac!

i know you’re probably hard at work making Resistance 2 great right now, but do you think you could patch Resistance 1 to get trophies and custom soundtracks and in-game xmb (well, you already have that, but not in single player so…..)

thanks!

+ SpLinT on July 1st, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

Are there any more ways to get into the beta? plz plz…

+ 001 on July 1st, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

You should allow us to take leviathan souls. :)

And thank you guys for putting in a Chicago level, I’m from Chicago and I’m really looking forward to completely destroying it R2 =D

+ Scodo_Thope on July 1st, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

This one looks awesome! It’s a shame I stick at FPSs. Suggestions?

+ Scodo_Thope on July 1st, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

Stink not stick! Anyway!

+ Clinton514 on July 1st, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

Give my regards to the Fragile Eagle. You and him must appear on 1UP Yours again sometime soon!

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Brian Intihar on July 1st, 2008 at 2:38 pm said:

The Eagle has landed on the PlayStation blog :)

And good idea about the 1UP Yours podcast.

+ Sentry on July 1st, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

Resistance 2 is going to be so crazy, I read the magazine already and it got me pumped, for sure.

And the new trailer, that gotten taken down from Eurogamer (why JS!?) was really awesome as well, makes me feel like the story is WAY bigger then anticipated.

PS- JS, your teasing grin in the in-game XMB thread at NeoGAF was so worth it.

+ P_tear_griffin on July 1st, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

What, No Qore exclusive? Oh well! I can’t wait for this game to come out. It’s a day 1 purchase for me.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Brian Intihar on July 1st, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

Qore will have plenty of R2 coverage over the coming months. There\’s some really neat R2-related treats in the works. Don\’t you worry.

+ dan1066 on July 1st, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US TROPHIES FOR RESISTANCE AND RATCHET AND CLANK!!! PLEASE WE SUPPORTED RESISTANCE AND MADE IT A GREAT SELLING GAME BACK AT LAUNCH WE DESERVE TROPHIES

PAGE 1 2 3 5