Bloodborne

PS3 System Software Update (v2.41)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jul 07, 2008 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi, everyone. As many of you know, we released PS3 firmware update v2.40 last week, but had to take it offline temporarily because, for a limited number of users, the XMB wouldn’t display after the update was installed. We’ve been able to fix the problem, and I’m happy to report that firmware update v2.41 will be released shortly.

We want to extend our apologies to the PlayStation community for any inconvenience. Now we’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone online and racking up those trophies!

1,364 Comments   2 Replies

PAGE 1 2 3 28

+ LordJonas on July 7th, 2008 at 11:34 pm said:

Awesome=)

I was one of the lucky ones to get 2.4 with no problems attached but this is great news for all of us as a whole!

+ foxx278 on July 7th, 2008 at 11:37 pm said:

That’s cool. I just got mine today, and I’m ready for the update.

+ dustin34op on July 7th, 2008 at 11:37 pm said:

Thanks
I was able to download the first one with no problems as well…are there any additional features or fixes included in 2.41? Some people have reported stability issues etc…

+ JJ555666. on July 7th, 2008 at 11:38 pm said:

@Lord Jonas
what did you rate this? This is good news s oit should be a 5, seems you rated a 1. why?

+ Gandark on July 7th, 2008 at 11:38 pm said:

What if you can’t get in your XMB to update?

+ Engine on July 7th, 2008 at 11:38 pm said:

Nice…

Hopefully In game XMB will be a little bit smoother also.

+ LordJonas on July 7th, 2008 at 11:40 pm said:

@#4
I hadn’t rated it yet…

would be my personal choice not to but I’m choosing to cause it’s good news lol

+ Carbon60 on July 7th, 2008 at 11:41 pm said:

Thanks.

Just wondering if the stability issues have been solved aswell?

And what about the super stardust patch, will it also be online again?

Oh, and could we hope for thophie support for echochrome?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 8th, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

The Stardust patch (4.00) is back up.

+ Slick on July 7th, 2008 at 11:42 pm said:

Well that’s good news.

Quick question though…Since this is 2.41, will that mean that those of us who had no problems at all with 2.40 still get the updated version, even though it wasn’t “needed” for us?

+ bizzyb0t on July 7th, 2008 at 11:43 pm said:

My 2.40 update went smooth as butter. The in-game XMB is a bit sluggish and choppy at times but I guess it’s because it’s not utilizing an entire core, it has to share. Hopefully this 2.41 update will fix the “bricking” so the xbots can shut the hell up. If you have the 2.40 firmware, is there an actual *need* to update or rather is there any reason for those of us who have 2.40 up and running to update, be it new stuff or just tweaking?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 8th, 2008 at 9:48 am said:

Yes, you\’ll need to update to 2.41

+ Delriach on July 7th, 2008 at 11:43 pm said:

Yea… it’d be nice if we got that Super Stardust expansion back for purchase…

for free >_>

^_^

+ craptasticjoe on July 7th, 2008 at 11:44 pm said:

You guys really jumped on fixing that. Shows your dedication and even admitted the problem, unlike an unmentionable competitor cough Red ring of death.

Thanks for fixing this, One question though, just wondering if all profiles are loading slow because when I load a friends profile it seems to take forever

+ mobiletone on July 7th, 2008 at 11:44 pm said:

great, we have to do another update because a bunch of n00bs don’t know how to take care of their PS3s.

+ willacuz on July 7th, 2008 at 11:46 pm said:

Thanks for the update!

By shortly…..

Should I stay up tonight? Or is shortly.. few days?

+ Maverick_fox on July 7th, 2008 at 11:47 pm said:

Awesome!

any word about the Super Stardust patch?, when will it be available again?

+ Neil on July 7th, 2008 at 11:49 pm said:

Good news. I also got my Playstation.Blog shirt today. Sweet.

+ expy on July 7th, 2008 at 11:50 pm said:

Great news Eric! Glad to see how dedicated the team is on providing quick solutions to problems as they arise.

Thanks a tonne for your enormous contribution to the Playstation community!

+ PirateThom on July 7th, 2008 at 11:53 pm said:

As long as the games get patched, I sure will get them trophies.

+ expy on July 7th, 2008 at 11:54 pm said:

By the way guys, 2.41 is out NOW.

+ PirateThom on July 7th, 2008 at 11:56 pm said:

I’m guessing this was in 2.4. There’s now an option to turn the system off automatically after an update.

+ Toddy2Hotty on July 7th, 2008 at 11:57 pm said:

My initial 2.4 went just fine when it was released… but now that 2.41 has been posted, I’m already downloading :)

+ Skerj on July 7th, 2008 at 11:58 pm said:

We’ll need some more games with Trophies sir to commence the racking!!

+ supersnake on July 7th, 2008 at 11:58 pm said:

And when will you fix the disc-reading issue? A friend’s ps3 died yesterday..that’s the 13th dead ps3 for the same cause in my friends/family.

+ Eric V on July 7th, 2008 at 11:59 pm said:

I’m downloading it as we speak.

+ SDkngsht on July 8th, 2008 at 12:00 am said:

yeah. i actually tried to go online and had to update before seeing this. i only stopped by to see if they posted any news about it on the blog.

good news. downloading now.

so…i keep asking but get no response and haven’t heard anything…can we get a list of games that support trophies or even coming soon to be patched games like we did for the dualshock 3 compatable games? thanks.

+ expy on July 8th, 2008 at 12:01 am said:

@supersnake

13? coincidence? I call bull. Either you have one family with the worst of luck, or you’re just trolling….

Wait, nevermind, forget the first option, you’re just trolling.

+ SinsToJudge on July 8th, 2008 at 12:03 am said:

Excellent job Sony. I had no problems with the update, but I’m glad you jumped onto it so quickly ^_^

+ Slick on July 8th, 2008 at 12:04 am said:

@supersnake

13!!??!?!

Dude, what the hell is wrong with you people. Electronics usually don’t work very well in the rain, or pool.

+ The Mosh on July 8th, 2008 at 12:04 am said:

My connection to the internet has been much less stable since i got the update..such as lagging etc (saw this was not a problem with my router, which was working fine before 2.40)
i have used 2.40 and its great..In game XMB was great and stable..no other issues…not…that 2.41 is out, hopefully it will fix up my system and not make it crash

+ hijaker77 on July 8th, 2008 at 12:04 am said:

Sweet, thanks Sony. Glad you responded fast and appropriately. Still, I am really urging Sony to keep trophies and custom music MANDATORY!

+ LSMJGO on July 8th, 2008 at 12:05 am said:

Good 2 hear 4 those who had problems luckly I’ve been problem free !GO SONY YEAH!

+ willacuz on July 8th, 2008 at 12:06 am said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+ The Mosh on July 8th, 2008 at 12:06 am said:

@ 30
yea music and trophies should become more and more mandatory

+ PirateThom on July 8th, 2008 at 12:07 am said:

@The Mosh

I can only assume it’s because there’s two different versions of the software running and it’s causing network conflicts..

+ bLaZe412 on July 8th, 2008 at 12:07 am said:

Yay! Thnx for the update guys!

+ BulletToothTony on July 8th, 2008 at 12:08 am said:

should we expect at some point to get in-game music for all games, even if it’s playing over the sound of the game??

Most games out right now have the option to lower the game music…

Should we just stop hoping and wishing?? please we hope you add this very wanted feature

So far only a couple one game supports it and that is not the impression that you gave us thru that first video you posted..

We should be able to play our own music in all games… i don’t see why a developer would care to add this option at all in the future..

+ Loonknight on July 8th, 2008 at 12:08 am said:

Installed and seemingly working A-okay

+ hijaker77 on July 8th, 2008 at 12:09 am said:

Love that feature on how you can turn off the PS3 automatically after the update. I know it’s not a big thing but hey it’s a great small feature :)

+ The Mosh on July 8th, 2008 at 12:09 am said:

@Pirate
Really?
well that kinda explains it…but would there still be 2 versions of the software running after i update my ps3 to 2.41?

+ Spartan_X on July 8th, 2008 at 12:10 am said:

cool! feel a bit safer now. :)

+ 001 on July 8th, 2008 at 12:10 am said:

GJ sony. My 4.0 worked fine anyway though. Anything different we’re getting in this update for those who downloaded 4.0 successfully?

+ PirateThom on July 8th, 2008 at 12:11 am said:

@The Mosh

Don’t quote me on that, but it’s my best guess.

With 2.41, we should all be running the same system software, so that should at least making it run smoother.

+ The Mosh on July 8th, 2008 at 12:12 am said:

ahh ok thanks for clearing that up

once again,
Good Job Sony!

+ PSFaithful on July 8th, 2008 at 12:13 am said:

This is totally off subject, but I thought I’d leave my feedback here. I just bought my first issue of Qore and loved it. The R2 & Naruto vids were particularly awseome for me, and the demo sold me on buying the game when it releases. My only request is to PLEASE release more content in the episodes… either longer interviews, or more of them! As for 2.41, awesome news, I’m already enjoying 2.4!

+ 5jayhernandez1 on July 8th, 2008 at 12:14 am said:

This is just really going to make gaming alot better, cant wait for the update. And to all of those out there crying stop, they found the problem and everything is getting fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DarKaoZ on July 8th, 2008 at 12:15 am said:

AWESOME! I was lucky that my 2.40 worked fine, but guys can you plz fix the SHIFT+Backspace thing? Make it… I dunno… CTRL+Backspace or SHIFT+DEL. PLZ!!!

Anyways, that is my major complain, there are other little things there like moving Search option from the Triangle Menu in the Browser down. So FILE can be the first to access while pressing Triangle in browser and making pressing X show messages instead of the Profile like before, Square could be use for Profile instead.

Anyways, thanks for your hard work and I bet no PS3 will be brick this time around due to the great engineers that work in the firmware!

+ supersnake on July 8th, 2008 at 12:15 am said:

@ 26

I clearly stated friends/family. 4 in my family, the 9 others in my friends/clans.

+ bbbc on July 8th, 2008 at 12:16 am said:

Updating now!

Heading to sleep since I have the option for shutdown after update from 2.40.

+ GanjaQueen on July 8th, 2008 at 12:16 am said:

@ 24

Yup, I’m doing the same (even tho’ my ass should be sleep right now, LOL). :)

+ bizzyb0t on July 8th, 2008 at 12:17 am said:

@47

Turning the PS3 off with the switch in the back while the Blu-ray is running, might be the cause. I’ve heard of this being the reason behind that particular issue.

PAGE 1 2 3 28