PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS3 System Software Update (v2.41)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jul 07, 2008 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi, everyone. As many of you know, we released PS3 firmware update v2.40 last week, but had to take it offline temporarily because, for a limited number of users, the XMB wouldn’t display after the update was installed. We’ve been able to fix the problem, and I’m happy to report that firmware update v2.41 will be released shortly.

We want to extend our apologies to the PlayStation community for any inconvenience. Now we’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone online and racking up those trophies!

1,364 Comments   2 Replies

PAGE 1 26 27 28

+ chaotic0123 on July 22nd, 2008 at 9:37 am said:

Hi, i have finished my update and i can play all of my game and DVD’s and also message people in game etc. But the problem is that i can’t play music in game and when i try to it comes up ‘can’t play music in during the use of this game’ and i can’t win any trophies on any of my games. Is there any way of fixing this problem, or will i have to wait for an update?, please reply ASAP.

+ Haribootje on July 22nd, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

Hi, I have a Stereo-USB headset and would love to see an update in future Firmware so I can hear my mp3 music and ingame music through my headset instead over the tv. Until now I can only hear people chatting over my headset.
Any change of this in a future update ??

+ njschultz on July 22nd, 2008 at 6:54 pm said:

Why is it that nearly everytime I get an update for my PS3 it totally destroys my wireless connection….??? *&@^#$&^!(&*^@(*&^#!@!@!@(&*^ —–Highly frustrating……

+ link5995 on July 24th, 2008 at 8:00 am said:

i have an issue with my ps3s internet connection and it wont start the update or it stops halfway through
is there any way to download the update onto my computer so i can transfer it with a flash drive??

+ link5995 on July 24th, 2008 at 8:02 am said:

i have a problem with my ps3s internet connection
i try to download the update but it either tells me that it cant reach the network or it stops halfway through updating
i can use the internet browser fine on my ps3
is there any way i can download the update onto my computer so that i can transfer it with a flash drive??

+ link5995 on July 24th, 2008 at 8:35 am said:

okay well this sux cuz now tht i have the update i have NO trophies
does oblivion support the trophy system?
cuz i have completed all of the quests in the game (miscellaneous and all) and i still have no trophies!?
does this mean that to get the trophies i have to start a whole new game???

+ bettatest on July 24th, 2008 at 10:28 pm said:

@1355 to 1357

you need to google or wikipedia the words “time & travel” and then link that to the official release date of the game. Most likely that can be found on the developers myspace or facebook page. When you now have that result, you only need to devide it by pi and multiply it with 42 or 23! Make sure to be logged in with your PSN ID all the time during this process….

Sorry couldnt resist.

+ Playstation.blog Official on July 25th, 2008 at 11:31 am said:

Playstation has recognised the problems with the new UPDATE 2.41.

To fix the problem we sugest find an anvil or a flat worksurface , place your PS3 on it and bang it with a hammer or a heavy object.

If the problem consists please phone an employee at Playstation customer support on 01375 857571 .

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

+ minas on July 26th, 2008 at 3:51 am said:

help!!this a serious neglecting…2.40+2.41,have a music problem!you cant fast forward/rewind a track while on the internet browser,or watching pictures!u cant even pause it!just try it in case u didnt know and u ll see…the mini control panel, doesnt have these functions…and u no longer can get in the main control panel,(the one whith the earth animation)to do it from there,while on the internet&photos..someone from sony have to read about these problems,and take action!PLEASE READ IT!!are they try to ruin music?this worked just fine!

+ minas on July 26th, 2008 at 3:51 am said:

sososo

+ minas on July 26th, 2008 at 3:54 am said:

sosos

+ Murdoc187um on July 27th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

my ps3 died right after the update, first it started acting weird, like lagging and sh*t, then it died so FU sony!!!!

+ spaz0023 on July 29th, 2008 at 7:55 pm said:

I just turned my PS3 on and it told me I needed a system update ( I already have 2.41) So I checked it out and I now have 2.42. Did anyone else get this yet? And if so, what does it include? I can now play music while on the internet browser. I am not sure if it was already something you could do in 2.41. Anyone have any input?

+ dommc95 on July 31st, 2008 at 7:07 am said:

can u know play music when your playing a game

please reply