PS4-The Order

Meet up with us in LA at E3 2008

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jul 11, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

So, apparently E3 is no longer a circus. No booth babes, no craziness. It’s for VIPs, not gamers. Media and industry types only, thankyouverymuch.

Forget all that.

King Taco

PlayStation.Blog is hosting a meet-up for all of our readers, fanboys (and Fanboys), fellow bloggers, and anyone else interested in PlayStation at the King Taco on Pico, down the street from the LA Convention Center, where all the E3 action happens. Bring your PSP.

Want to talk about that morning’s PlayStation Press Conference? Want to slam some free aguas frescas? Want to see if you’re taller than me? (hint: you’re not)

Then, we’d love to see you. Don’t forget to bring your PSP. If you’re in the area and can make it here are the details:

When: July 15, 5-7:30pm PST
Where: King Taco
Address: 2020 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, Ca 90006

For more info and to RSVP, just visit our Facebook page, or send a note to playstationblog.comments@gmail.com. Space is limited, so RSVP’ing is strongly encouraged. I’d rather not irk Chief Freeman.

Looking forward to seeing you all there, and digging in to some tasty al pastor tacos.

Oh, and have I mentioned, you should bring your PSP!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Onna76_NL on July 13th, 2008 at 5:56 am said:

To be honest I’m not fond of Taco’s either :-P More of an Italian / Chinese food lover.

@GajaQueen, feel free to add me, you’re the second girl in my large list filled with manly testosterone hormones… not that I mind of course *he he* :-D

Onna76_NL

+ deafwing on July 13th, 2008 at 6:45 am said:

boo … too far away … like a few 1000 miles too far :p

+ mgillespie on July 13th, 2008 at 7:45 am said:

I’m coming along, and 6ft 8in tall, so lets see :-)

+ DrunkMiffy@ on July 13th, 2008 at 8:04 am said:

Lmfao @ 137.

That’s probably why they want the PSP’s…Check how many people have done it :S

I’m so glad someone actually mentioned that lol.

+ TristanMike on July 13th, 2008 at 9:21 am said:

I really wish I could be there… but I live in Nova Scotia Canada where nothing cool EVER happens… a trip to LA… wait, that sounds like a fantastic idea… oh, wait… I don’t have any money for that, sigh, oh well, there’s always next year… right ? RIGHT ???

I hope you all have a blast.

+ BZKlint on July 13th, 2008 at 9:42 am said:

Unfortunately I won’t be there ( :( ), but do you think you could sent one of those tacos my way? I’ll pay you back with a Nicks roast beef sandwich :)

+ bpowter on July 13th, 2008 at 1:31 pm said:

bpowter(first to complete all medels in RFOm) will be there.

+ shortydakid on July 13th, 2008 at 4:51 pm said:

but i was playin my 360 the other day with friends and i thought, wouldn’t it b cool if your friends could create profiles on your ps3 like they can on a 360 and when you and your friends play they could log in and unlock trophys to when devs start using them, just a thought

i know you can create multiple profiles but im sayin wouldnt it b cool if you could log in on all of like you can on the 360

will sony make that possible by a fw update or sumthin

+ jeff257 on July 13th, 2008 at 7:17 pm said:

Man I wish I could go but I live in NC. I would say we dont get nothing here but Insomniac is opening a studio in Raliegh soon. If nothing else maybe i can get a job as a game tester.

+ serendipiddy on July 13th, 2008 at 7:53 pm said:

i wish there were playstation events in Nz.. well wellington really.. just not auckland..

+ SDCFAN21 on July 13th, 2008 at 8:01 pm said:

will E3 be on tv?

does anyone know?

+ StalkingSilence on July 14th, 2008 at 7:42 am said:

Jeff,
Should those attending also bring their PLAYSTATION® Network ID? Apparently it is now portable. How would one fit that into a suitcase?

Also – I’m not attending this year because I’m not invited to E3 (not that I should be, since I’m just a random dude on the internet – but still). If you invite me next year, I will bring you a case of lager straight from the Yuengling brewery. Not that I’m bribing or anything.

+ BZKlint on July 14th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

@ SDCFAN21…

…It’ll be on G4TV.com and Gamespot.com aswell as some other sites.

+ sulack on July 14th, 2008 at 10:26 am said:

Pah nothing ever comes to Vancouver, or Canada for that matter

+ pshelper on July 14th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

IM DONE WITH YOU SONY HOW IN THE HECK DID YOU LET FINAL FANTASY 13 GO TO 360.. WELL I GUESS IM BUYING A 360 AT LEAST MICROSOFT IS A GO GETTER GOMPANY

+ Detsuki-G on July 14th, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

SONY just lost FF13. SONY your fans aren’t happy about this. And to be honest am wondering what this will mean for the ps3 in the near future!

SONy needs something big tomorrow! I think they need to start paying for exclusives to! Tomorrow could make or break the ps3’s future!

+ AckeheceKoheo on July 14th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

Jeff Rubenstein….

can you make any comments about the FFXIII announcement?

Convince your boss that you guys just need to buy Square Enix and be done with it.

+ darkiewonder on July 14th, 2008 at 1:55 pm said:

Police force is needed lol.

+ godlovesugly05 on July 14th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

Bring some kind of protection think of all the Final Fantasy J-pop kids wearing hundreds of belts running towards you with plastic sword-shaped guns.

Not a pretty sight.

+ Onna76_NL on July 14th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

pshelper | July 14th, 2008 at 12:23 pm

At what? Throwing out their check books buying off companies so only to kill the competition? Yeah, that’s a very go getter company to support. I wonder if Bill is doing the same way, buying his charity friends to show how “good” he is to the rest of the world.

+ Logan Almasy on July 14th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

I hope you guys have a REALLY good explanation for losing Final Fantasy XIII.

I can’t believe how incompetent you guys are.

+ Logan Almasy on July 14th, 2008 at 2:46 pm said:

Now that I think about it, I can’t believe how awfully managed SCE is. You lost tons of support, lost a significant number of exclusives to Microsoft and now you can’t even hold on to a Final Fantasy title.

Nice…real nice. And you guys have what? Killzone and Resistance? A couple of FPS? Exciting…

Let me reiterate, I can’t believe how inept, incompetent, ridiculous you are.

Nice one, you guys. Nice one.

+ wade88 on July 14th, 2008 at 2:56 pm said:

Sony, are you guys sleeping? this is not ps2 dumasses

+ Zorox on July 14th, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

Oh man, I wished I could go to this just to see the craziness. Sony is so going to cancel this.

+ Keith on July 14th, 2008 at 8:23 pm said:

Sony you suck right now and I will be at this event to let you know how bad I think you suck….you can have my PSP

+ skylineownage on July 14th, 2008 at 10:24 pm said:

Jeff dude, what happened with FF13? i hope theres something good for tomorrow.

ima buy a 360 :\… but keep my ps3

+ hjason on July 15th, 2008 at 1:51 am said:

jeff man you know there is always people bigger then you i am 6foot 10 inches tall man.

i have a size 17 shoe beat that lol.

wow i thought e3 got moved to texas?

i guess it is next year.
there was a big fight over something i forget.
but they are going to be in texas from then on.

which is cool because it would be close to everyone then.

i can’t go and even if i could i don’t have a psp so i guess i would not be allowed to go.

but have fun to all of those who are going.

+ Mellkor on July 15th, 2008 at 6:31 am said:

i am thinking about to sell my PS3 and keep my 360…

+ TLSBill on July 15th, 2008 at 8:35 am said:

Sounds like the (FF13) sky is falling.. I just hope the tacos make it out alive.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to grabbing some grub & meeting you all. I can’t wait to see if I’m the oldest guy there.

+ DigitalPuppy on July 15th, 2008 at 11:51 pm said:

Big ups to Jeff and the rest of the Sony staff. We had a great time eating tacos and winning schwag! Same time next year?

Oh, and by the way, dude, you are short! ;)

+ Clan_Hunter_Crio on July 16th, 2008 at 10:12 am said:

Hey Jeff and the rest of the PS Crew,

Just wanted to thank you for hosting an Event like that yesterday. We had a good time, and althought we didnt win, we still walked away with some great prizes!

Hope you hold another real soon (in L.A)
Crio

+ Queso on July 16th, 2008 at 12:42 pm said:

thanks for the tacos schwag and good times

+ TLSBill on July 16th, 2008 at 12:54 pm said:

Thanks for everything! It was great to get a chance to meet you guys & some other sites people that came by(Naughty Dog, Joystiq, etc..)

It was also cool to see so many people local who are really into gaming. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many PSP’s in one place.

PAGE 1 2 3 4