PS4-Watch_Dogs

PSP (PlayStation Portable) v4.05 Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jul 13, 2008 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

I wanted to give a quick heads up to everyone that a new PSP firmware update, v4.05, will be released soon. We know that more and more of you are listening to music on your PSP, and this update will add new visualizers for music playback, among other features. Enjoy!

186 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ satanspy on July 14th, 2008 at 2:44 pm said:

i dont know if anyone already mentioned this but i dont know how they could have missed it im shocked that no one said anything actually,WITH THIS FIRMWARE UPDATE PLEASE INCREASE THE VOLUME LEVELS OF THE PSP! make it as loud as an ipod or any other generic mp3 player. thats it.

+ StalkingSilence on July 14th, 2008 at 3:05 pm said:

Eric – Look what I found: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/14/breaking-psp-firmware-405-adds-support-for-playstation-store-movies-and-tv-video-service/

You are a tricky one. Apparently, there’s also a new version of the PSN Downloader for PC, too.

+ tearsofash on July 14th, 2008 at 3:55 pm said:

So this one provides an update for the playstation movie and TV download service as well?

At least that’s what I heard. Care to comment?

+ skater2 on July 14th, 2008 at 4:12 pm said:

Cool a new PSP Update.

+ darkages300 on July 14th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

why doesn’t psp maker update flash player so we use youtube and other videos online instead of downloading it

+ Thetruefiziks on July 14th, 2008 at 4:53 pm said:

@77
zookey

wow, a 4gb USB drive is like 30 dollars

+ Thetruefiziks on July 14th, 2008 at 5:01 pm said:

@136
Submish

people can still restrict MAC addresses from connecting to their network even if it is open

+ Rize2008 on July 14th, 2008 at 7:03 pm said:

Nice updates, I just got Dark Red GoW Limited Edition since last Friday.

Loving it but my concern is Increasing the volume so it goes to 50% for normal loudness, PSP software has ALSV (something like that to prevent ear injury for headphones and such but what about plugging into external speakers need to boost a bit more…

I am also looking forward for a new Flash Player support 7+…

Flash 6 it is serious very old. Even today now I build websites along in a company using version 7 ot 8 or higher. I never look back to 6.

No need to go for Flash 9 because Flash 9 uses more processor power and I believe that PSP doesn’t have that power to support version 9. But I do strongly believe 7 or 8 is supportable.

+ GanjaQueen on July 14th, 2008 at 10:52 pm said:

Great to see a little tweaking on the music and visual side of the PSP, but when are you guys (and girls) gonna do the same for the PS3? I am kinda tired of the same three–which the purple wavy one is the only one I like to use (the other 2 either give me a headache or creep me out…yes I said creep me out, and it’s the Earth one if you really wanna know :) ).

Another thing I still wanna see is:

1) a more advanced browser (this applies to the PS3 as well)

2) and full RSS feed support–not just for audio/video, but articles too (be nice to slap that in the PS3, too)

That’s all I still really to see for the PSP.

+ GanjaQueen on July 14th, 2008 at 11:06 pm said:

@ 158,

Ah yeah, glad you mentioned that Rize2008:

FLASH SUPPORT!

I know it was one more thing I forgot to mention, LOL. Yes, b/c it would be nice to actually look mobile Youtube content on my PSP….

+ emperor799 on July 14th, 2008 at 11:50 pm said:

Please tell me you adding an option to turn off the shoulder buttons while listening to audio! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve accidentally hit one and had to spend 5 minutes to a half hour finding where I was in a long podcast or audio book.

That and in-game audio playback are my top 2 wants for PSP firmware!

+ sgaffney on July 15th, 2008 at 5:24 am said:

Nice add on with the TV from the UK.
General question though is if we have Skype on the PSP why don’t we have it yet for the PS3 ??? Since the EyeToy came out it has just sat there doing nothing. What happened to all the games for it ? I would kill for Skype on the PS3 as would many I know. Make the PS3 a way of communicating with the outside world (not just other PS3 users) please !

+ talkative on July 15th, 2008 at 5:42 am said:

Developers,
I’m ‘visualising’ FLAC codec support.
Make audio on the PSP first-class :)

Nice addition to play with in the meantime. Thanks!

+ talkative on July 15th, 2008 at 5:46 am said:

emperor799,
re: your problem with shoulder buttons being pressed.

That’s what the HOLD button is for :) It took me a while to remember I had HOLD on the PSP ’cause the same would happen to me – then I slapped myself when I saw it there!

Best of luck.

+ paradigmfellow on July 15th, 2008 at 6:53 am said:

I am sure a lot of people already heard but Square jumped the boat and took FF13 exclusivity, it will not be on the other thing as well. I hope Sony has an off the wall show at E3 because this news so horrible. First of I hope they have a price reduction on PS3, more amazing exclusives, off the wall anouncemet that will blow us away, and some kind of team up with google and apple just to bite microsoft in the you know what.

+ paradigmfellow on July 15th, 2008 at 6:54 am said:

*will now be…

+ Pohlio on July 15th, 2008 at 8:50 am said:

my psp broke a while ago ($#@%!!!!)
im gona get the red version

+ jay420 on July 15th, 2008 at 1:08 pm said:

I love that you guys added “1″ visualizer to the update BUT that’s all you guys could come up with. I know that you want to concentrate on the ps3 but come on now dont leave us psp users in the dark with low rate things. The psp has so much to offer for on the go people like myself and all I ask is that you guys look at the psp the same as ps3. other then that great job at E3 08

+ zpro on July 15th, 2008 at 2:42 pm said:

Great, Lets hope we have playlist or better still a micro music application that can Manage 100′s of music files of varies types.

Also, .flac and .ogg support would be nice

Thanks!

+ bartamues on July 15th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

LOL. Other features: PS Video store support.

Sweet.

+ G Baby on July 16th, 2008 at 3:47 am said:

A new psp that can play blue-ray disc is coming out and don’t have the latest update v4.05 or the ps3 update v2.41

+ domisgod on July 16th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

All I want to know is why sony keeps comin out with useless firmware updates which add little to no extra functionality to the US version of the PSP. in other countries they already have keyboards and GPS support, and yet here in the states they can’t even get your PSP to watch YouTube videos!!!
Just yet another reason why most people I talk to don’t get Sony’s firmware but get custom jobs which actually tries to push the technology of the PSP to it’s limit. If Sony really wanted to cut down on piracy they would give us a firmware worthy of download…

+ appri on July 16th, 2008 at 7:54 pm said:

gardea that stinks =/ 200$ +/- thats y my cousin cant borrow mine

+ feral1975 on July 17th, 2008 at 10:53 am said:

Any chance of an update to allow games to be played on a normal TV via a composite cable…..not everyone has HI-Def TVs or can afford to upgrade to them!

+ Alpha2 on July 19th, 2008 at 11:32 pm said:

Component is the required method for viewing games probably because of the resolution… couldnt you just get a TV or a system selector with a component port that would work?

+ talkative on July 20th, 2008 at 4:52 am said:

domisgod, you said:
“in other countries they already have keyboards and GPS support, and yet here in the states they can’t even get your PSP to watch YouTube videos!!!”
__________________

In all countries you can’t watch YouTube on the PSP. As far as I’m aware there is no keyboard support in any country, not just the USA. Would you mind mentioning where you saw this?

Official GPS support is so far available in Japan (Minna no Chizu) and many European countries (with Go!Explore). They say that in 9 months they wil release the GPS add-on in the United States. The add-on is available for import from overseas right now, but it’s useless unless you have hacked your PSP and want to load third-party hacks and maps on it yourself.

Don’t know how they’re gonna price the GPS add-on when it’s officially released.

Take care.

+ Pohlio on July 20th, 2008 at 10:01 am said:

ok so for who ever wants more ps1 games truely id care as long as i can get twisted metal 4 and tony hawk 1(my like favorite ps 1 games)

+ jdrobinson53 on July 20th, 2008 at 11:09 am said:

Enough is enough already. Where is the tv tuner adapter, the GPS adapter and finally an FM radio adapter. I’d love to be able to link to my Sirius satellite radio via internet too. Work it out SCEA !

+ 3xpt0 on July 24th, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

Enough with the silly updates.

We want this updates;

1 – Divx Support, Xvid
2 – UPNP Av Support for PSP for those people that have NAS server “like I do” in my country we can’t find the location free
3 – Youtube Support
4 – More Radio Stations

cheers

+ mighty_lost_viking on July 24th, 2008 at 11:32 pm said:

cool update. But I think the updates aren’t what the gamers want, I think there should be an update that allows the built in flash player to update to the latest version so we can watch youtube. The only way to watch youtube now is to get CFW and download PSP tube. I hope you take this into consideration.

+ mighty_lost_viking on July 24th, 2008 at 11:33 pm said:

I think the next update should let you update the built in flash player. The built in flash is version 6??! You should be able to update to the latest version so you can watch youtube.

+ alwayshavemypsp on July 27th, 2008 at 2:47 am said:

well it would be better if u stop wasting time on useless updates and maybe do something we need like a better javascript so we can go to chatrooms watch youtube without having to download the video and maybe even play yahoo pool

+ rubobi123 on July 27th, 2008 at 4:27 am said:

plz let us listen to our music via in game xmb with all games

+ rubobi123 on July 27th, 2008 at 4:30 am said:

can u let us play all our music via in game xmb to all game

+ GarKelPSP on August 1st, 2008 at 9:10 am said:

the update is cool ,but the new theme on the visual player is boring. Do u think that there ever is going to be a 5.00?

+ EuroWorld on August 5th, 2008 at 7:35 pm said:

Cool! I always love getting new PSP updates.
Although, it would be nice if there were features like these:
-PSP screen shots
-Motion Wallpaper or combine the XMB wave with a wallpaper.
-Music Visualizations like the ones in Windows Media Player.
-JAVA for PSP browser.
-Animated XMBs
-etc. But so far so good!

PAGE 1 2 3 4