E3 gets underway in earnest tomorrow, as press and industry finally get to put their hands on the games we’re working on. Rusty Buchert will be there, showcasing Flower with thatgamecompany. Rusty has over 30 years of experience in the industry and has worked on groundbreaking games like Descent.
As such, his answers are quite illuminating on the following topics (the Blog readers who asked these questions are in parentheses):
- What are you showing at E3 2008?
- If you get the chance, what game(s) do you most want to go hands-on with at E3 2008? (Genki-Rocket)
- Who in the industry would you most like to collaborate on a game with? (indigovenom)
- If you could re-make any previous-generation game for the PS3, which title would it be, and what would it be like? (KazeEternal)
- What kind of advice would you give those currently in college and would like to pursue a career in video game development? (Voozi)
- How often do you make technical changes to your games halfway through or late into the game development cycle based on something you’ve just seen or played from other developers? (P_tear_griffin)
- How has the PSN changed the way you make games? (tirminyl)
- If you could say one thing to the fans of your game/series out there, what would it be? (Xanog)
If there’s more you’d like to find out from Rusty on Flower or Linger in Shadows, ask your question in the comments area.
Next interview: Matt Morton (PixelJunk Eden)