PS4-The Order

E3 Day 2 PLAYSTATION Store Update

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Jul 15, 2008 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

As promised, we’re delivering many (most, really) of the videos seen at today’s PlayStation E3 press conference to the PLAYSTATION Store for your enjoyment.

As announced at the event, the video download service will hit the store tonight, and will *not* require a firmware upgrade. Recent PSP Firmware v4.05 also enabled compatibility with the video service, for taking TV shows and movies on the go.

As far as video of the entire press conference is concerned, we’re working on converting that video now, and will post it on the Store when it’s complete, so you can see everything we showcased today.

We hope you enjoy this fresh E3 update, and we’ll have more for you as the week progresses.

PS3 Store

*Super Stardust HD Team Mode Add-on ($4.99)

Rock Band
* Rock Band The Best of the Who Rock Band Edition Track Pack ($19.99)
(12) individual songs ($1.99/ea)

• Amazing Journey

• Gran Turismo TV

373 Comments

PAGE 1 6 7 8

+ SnoopYTimes on July 16th, 2008 at 12:51 pm said:

Where are PSN Cards?

+ THE_EL3MENT on July 16th, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

I am a bit disapointed that even though Puerto Rico is a territory of the US we do not have access to the video store on the PS3. I hope it is a small mistake that can be corrected.

Like what happened on launch, the PS3 came out the same day here as in the continental US but when we had to sign up for the PSN there was not an option to choose Puerto Rico as your State/Territory.

At the very least and explanation would be nice. Oh and also when are PSN card goin to be more available…

I want to give you my money but you people just don’t give me the means to do so!!!

+ EktorOni on July 16th, 2008 at 1:09 pm said:

@352

Yeah, I hear you. It was a big dissapointment yesterday when I entered the store and I didn’t find the “Video” tab alongside the “Games” one. C’mon, Sony, answer our queries about this matter. There’s no reason for Puerto Rico to be left out.

+ fictionstar422 on July 16th, 2008 at 1:31 pm said:

Guys I am real impressed with the new Video Service. Secretely that’s what I really liked about the XBLive Service. Not so much for the content, but just the ability to say “hey if I want a movie I can just download one and watch it”.

Im also impressed that there will be new movies/t.v. shows/games/demos…and others available every week.

Once again, good job Sony.

P.S. While I understand the PS3 is a next gen gaming console. Video and other miscellaneous content is what drives my opinion of a company in regards to online service. I would also venture that most of my friends think the same. It is really cool to be able to browse through pages of content on the video store and

+ Joe on July 16th, 2008 at 1:48 pm said:

Please Sony I beg you I love you. I just heard Dead Rising is coming out on the Wii. There is no PS3 version. Why not ask Capcom to make games for you. May be Dead Rising 2. Plus pay for a Moster Hunter game from them for the PS3. Plus a new one for the PSP too. Moster Hunter sold lots of PSP. What if there was a new Monster Hunter game that linked with the PSP and PS3. You would sell both PSPs and PS3s at the same time.

Don’t feel sad to spend some money to get games people will buy them and you will get your money back.

+ Joe on July 16th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

Can I say some thing can Sony stop canceling games. Rat Race may not have been what you wanted it to be but it still was a game for the PS3. The PS3 needs games PS3 only games even bad ones so stop canning them. Please I love you but I am angry at you at the same time. Make me just love you.

+ HanSolo on July 16th, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

i want FAT PRINCESS NOWWWW

game of show!!

how long until its out?? when??

+ FFObsessed on July 16th, 2008 at 3:09 pm said:

Please put up the InFamous trailer soon.

Thank you.

+ quasi-modo on July 16th, 2008 at 3:26 pm said:

I realize dealing with Canadian regulations are a hassle but can we at least get some indication that your working on it anything at all!!!

+ allme on July 16th, 2008 at 5:16 pm said:

im freakin **bleeping** **bleeped** about this **bleeping** video service sony **bleeping** give us canadians the **bleeping** thing, im getting **bleeping** **bleeped**.serously sony,sorry for coming out mean, its just i was really looking forward to the video service, and now im not getting it, thats just unfair.

+ pascosa on July 16th, 2008 at 5:58 pm said:

Just wondering where the heck is the access to the PSN video store for us here in PR!!! This must be one of those 2.41 firmware glitch symptoms….Sony please have a look at this ASAP!

+ ruscle on July 16th, 2008 at 9:12 pm said:

So will I be able to use my credit card that is based in the caribbean? Sony not everybody lives in north america. Fix that and maybe I will continue to suffer reading through this fanboy pissing and moaning about crapbox and exclusives. I mean honestly so what if final fantasy has gone to microsoft. At least square is looking out for themselves cause God knows sony takes it sweet time giving us games to play. Example Kill Zone 2. If I have to see another e3 with more video footage of this stinking game I will hurl my stupid no rumble six axis controller at my old crt monitor. Yeah Sony try getting the games to me before my grandma finishes playing wii play.

+ ruscle on July 16th, 2008 at 9:19 pm said:

Sony what is wrong with you. Do I have to spell it out for you. PSN CARDS. It seem to me that you hate money. I really think you hate my money. I mean crapbox takes my money without even asking. But you sony seem to hate my money. Not only that I can’t even enjoy buying ur crappy videos cause I live someplace other than the US of freaking A! I give up. I am only holding on for socom. Thank God for socom. God knows I would of been playing it up right now with the crapbox.

+ allme on July 16th, 2008 at 9:48 pm said:

yeah, love sony, ad the ps3, but u said it ruscle.and really, i want psn video store

+ Onna76_NL on July 17th, 2008 at 1:54 am said:

*Sigh* why don’t people google google stuff, read news around the net, or even read messages from people around here, so again for the fourth time:

Video Download Service is available at the moment for US use “only”. The service checks your IP address and when this signal is from outside the US, your IP will be blocked for viewing the video download service in the US store, even if you have an US account.

Outside the US store no other national store has the access to the video download service until further announcements. David Reeves has announced for Europe, that the video download service will be available in 2009 (WHAT?!!), only question is if this will be Europe wide at the same time. Or if smaller countries like mine, the Netherlands, may wait for another half year :-(

+ Onna76_NL on July 17th, 2008 at 1:54 am said:

Double google was a bit too overreacting. Sony we need an edit and quote button por favor :-)

+ MSplatter on July 17th, 2008 at 6:05 am said:

How in the world is it $5 to RENT a video???? A single 25 min video for $5, you’ve got to re-think that. I would like to buy it, but… no. Entirely too much for a rental. To own maybe. Plus I haven’t heard what the terms of a ‘rental’ are, how long, etc.

+ AndyMP on July 17th, 2008 at 7:53 am said:

Future advertising or announcements about new features should be considered with major scepticism… they aren’t quite what they want you to believe.

+ Prince_Serlith on July 17th, 2008 at 8:35 am said:

Hmmm…. ok :)

+ PS fanboy on July 17th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

SONY THANK U FOR NOT INCLUDING CANADA IN THE VIDEO DOWNLOAD! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!
I THOUGHT WE R PART OF NORTH AMERICA! APPARENTLY WERE NOT!! IF U REALY WANA OUTSELL 360 IN NORTH AMERICA THEN U SHOULD INCLUDE CANADA IN UR FUTURE PLANS!!!!
I THINK THATS JUST DISCRIMINATION 4 CANADIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ allme on July 17th, 2008 at 4:47 pm said:

PS fanboy, i totaly agree with wat u said

+ SilverPR on July 21st, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

Yeah add Puerto Rico to the movie service dammit!!!!!

+ KFBradley on July 29th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

Ro, any updates as to when we can get TV and Movies from the PlayStation Store here in Canada?

PAGE 1 6 7 8