PS4-Infamous

E3 Day 3 PLAYSTATION Store Update

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Jul 16, 2008 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Hey again, everyone! Here’s your daily dose of fresh E3 content, including Part 1 of yesterday’s press conference (downloadable for PS3). We had to break it up into three parts since the file size is huge due to the 720p high-def quality of the video.

See you again tomorrow!

PS3 Store

Downloadable Games

• Fantasy Football: Draft Day Application

Videos

• SONY E3 Press Conference (Part 1 of 3)
  • PS3 Compilation Video

• DC Universe Trailer
  • Valhalla Knights 2 Trailer

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Aerfox on July 16th, 2008 at 8:59 pm said:

Awesome Thanks for the update Ro Hernandez

+ tirminyl on July 16th, 2008 at 8:59 pm said:

Great timing. Due to work and my crappy DVR I wasn’t able to watch the conference. I will be sure to download it and the awesome trailers.

Thanks!

+ jmr201 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:00 pm said:

Sweet!

+ Zorox on July 16th, 2008 at 9:01 pm said:

Please tell Sony that gamers want RPGs for the PS3. Thank you

+ Patriotsbball5460 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:03 pm said:

Is the Resistance Theme the same that came with the last episode of Qore? and a good dose of videos today

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on July 16th, 2008 at 9:24 pm said:

The Resistance Theme for Qore is exclusive for Qore members.
    The theme posted today is brand new and features concept art of a devastated Chicago.

+ seafea on July 16th, 2008 at 9:11 pm said:

Thanks for putting up the E3 Press Conference! I love the way you guys integrate the blog and the PSN store, and even have an offical Twitter!

+ VenomX on July 16th, 2008 at 9:11 pm said:

Wow, another store update? Thanks Sony! 5/5 I didn’t expect another update. That’s awesome.

BTW, when is Fat Princess coming to PSN?

+ XxBigP123xX on July 16th, 2008 at 9:12 pm said:

Store update at 12:00AM Eastern?

DO THIS NORMALLY PLEASE.

Where is Elefunk? Will it be up later(Thursday)?

+ Patriotsbball5460 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:12 pm said:

The LBP Theme isn’t up on the store

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on July 16th, 2008 at 9:27 pm said:

The LBP Theme is currently in-the works.
    Sorry it didn\’t make it for tonight\’s update, but look for it in the next few weeks.
    Sorry for any confusion!

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 9:13 pm said:

Is the content not up for you guys, or just me? All that came up for me was the God of War teaser…

+ Clinton514 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:13 pm said:

Fantasy Football? :lol: cool I guess.

Quick question Ro, why was the KZ2 video yanked last night?

+ Patriotsbball5460 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:14 pm said:

@10 i first checked it and everything was down but then i checked back like 1 min ago and most the stuff is up except for the LBP theme

+ stewey on July 16th, 2008 at 9:14 pm said:

Where is the fantasy football game located? Awesome update btw! I’m downloading the press conference right now :)

+ Seba501 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:16 pm said:

Wow, u really sorpress me, i´m goin to download them now, TY.

PD: I dont see the LBP Theme.

+ Engine on July 16th, 2008 at 9:17 pm said:

@9 I was just about to say that…. I really want a LBP theme also :(

+ 40cal on July 16th, 2008 at 9:17 pm said:

Its a bit late, I’m going to have to wait until after work tomorrow. Very happy about almost all of the E3 content though. Keep it coming with more tomorrow. I can’t wait to watch all of the press conference.

+ WHAT on July 16th, 2008 at 9:17 pm said:

Wow, The full game of WipeOutHD is up for $14.99. Thanks.
DL now.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on July 16th, 2008 at 9:22 pm said:

Please don\’t start rumours or false information.
    That sort of thing can result in \”swings of the hammer\”.
    Thanks.

+ spec_ops_comm on July 16th, 2008 at 9:19 pm said:

Where’s a SOCOM Confrontation theme?!?! I’ve been dying for one for months now! :D

+ Patriotsbball5460 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:21 pm said:

@18 buy the first episode of qore and you can get the theme and a ticket into the socom beta

+ expy on July 16th, 2008 at 9:22 pm said:

Think the LBP Theme was a mistake, they’ve removed it from the Blog Post.

+ Engine on July 16th, 2008 at 9:23 pm said:

@19 the SOCOM theme from Qore was not really all that great.

+ kentini00792 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:25 pm said:

wow, i with it was like this every week! =P

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 9:31 pm said:

@12 I checked again. In E3 and New Content. still nothing but GoW…

+ Engine on July 16th, 2008 at 9:31 pm said:

Awww to bad the LBP Theme was a mistake. Really was looking forward to it once I saw it on here. Oh well hopefully we will see it shortly.

+ smart_head on July 16th, 2008 at 9:32 pm said:

Hi Noel, when is the Canadian Video Store arriving? Like many other Canadians, I was extremely disappointed to find out that Sony didn’t include Canada for the “North American” release of the store. Anyway, an update on the situation would be highly appreciated.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Noel Silvia on July 16th, 2008 at 9:37 pm said:

I don\’t have any information on the Video Store for Canada and other territories right now.
    I know that things are being worked on to bring the Video Store to other regions.
    Look for more information to appear here when they are ready to roll it out for y\’all.
    I\’m sorry I don\’t have anything more on it, but if I find out more, I\’ll have Jeff let you know!

+ babybluedb on July 16th, 2008 at 9:35 pm said:

thanks i can always count on Sony to give me updates at 11:30 at night.

but seriously nice content cant wait to rewatch all the Sony press confrence goodness and the naruto demo tomorrow

+ stennex on July 16th, 2008 at 9:35 pm said:

Sony you did well at E3 to show mainly what the rest of the year games and functions we will be experiencing. Thank god you did not do waky stuff like the other two. I a coming to terms with FFXIII especially after seeing Valkyrie, and White Knight Story. Keep up the good work. LittleBigPlanet Rules!

+ Patriotsbball5460 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:36 pm said:

Is the US video store down, because the tab to access it at least on my ps3 is now gone unlike how it was there last night

+ PasteyMF on July 16th, 2008 at 9:36 pm said:

I think WHAT is trying to stir up some trouble about WipeOutHD because there was no information about it from E3, which is troubling and left many disappointed. I think there’s a good majority of PSN users that would love to have any morsel of info they can about WipeOutHD.

One of the reasons I bought a PS3 late last year was the news of WipeoutHD on the PSN, which was promised by the end of the year, then in the spring. Here we are in the middle of summer.

Sony, anything you can toss at us? Maybe trophies have produced a minor delay, maybe online is being smoothed out, maybe bugs are being squashed or the the hud being redesigned… Frankly, anything about it would be nice to hear. :)

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 9:36 pm said:

My Xam’d episode just expired with 50 minutes left to go in the episode :( What can’t you but those like all the rest!?!?!?! I wont re rent it to see 5 minutes!
Sorry just venting. (I accidently pressed play last night when I downloaded it and cancelled, but the timer started. boo) It should at least let you finish if playing the file if it is in use when the 24 hrs is up!

+ Maverick_fox on July 16th, 2008 at 9:36 pm said:

Nice update, but why is the press conference divided into 3 parts?

Please answear this question:

Why US store users outside of the US can’t acces the video store?.

Users living in countries that isn’t listed on the PSN (i live in México and have no other choice than selec US as my country) would like to have access to this feature.

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 9:37 pm said:

“5* minutes left to go”

+ Zorox on July 16th, 2008 at 9:41 pm said:

Could you guys offer the anime episodes with Japanese VA and English subtitles?

I was disappointed to see that Xam’d was the only one.

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 9:42 pm said:

@29 My guess is that they are saving it to release during TGS. In fact I believe more game news will be unveiled at GC and TGS.

+ stennex on July 16th, 2008 at 9:43 pm said:

If Sony makes the LBP theme have animated icons that would be awesome. I think in America we like animated stuff alot and thats why Nintendo interface always seems vibrant. don’t get me wrong i love the XMB but only videos seem to have some excitement to them with those short clips for each icons. just thinking that we could liven up the XMB a bit more but of course if Home beta were to come out this year then scarp what i just said.

P.S. alot of xbots are not happy with M$ changing the Blade to wii look alike avatars. lol.

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 9:45 pm said:

@29 My prediction: UNCHARTED(or next naughty dog game) to be teased and WipEout HD release at GC in August and Team Ico and Kojima at TGS in October

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 9:48 pm said:

@35 and the new interface just takes after the XMB’s functionality too. Just made it 3D so it isn’t obvious right away…

(still mad about Xam’d)

+ SMoKeYRuN on July 16th, 2008 at 9:52 pm said:

Any chance for the MAG and Infamous trailers being added to the store?

+ stennex on July 16th, 2008 at 9:54 pm said:

What about Xam’d?

+ mendezgato on July 16th, 2008 at 9:56 pm said:

by the way noel I forgot to thank you for all the E3 coverage, is just that I’m in the middle of the rage that sshd team pack caused me. thanks again

+ JamesL007 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:56 pm said:

The Resistance 2 Theme is worth it alone, that game is going to be epic for the fans of Resistance.

-James

+ stennex on July 16th, 2008 at 9:56 pm said:

I normally don’t blog this much but i am sure i read that Netflix also did a deal with Sony as well so i am hoping the interface is as cool as the video store. Maybe it will be in Home beta?

+ Eraser74 on July 16th, 2008 at 9:57 pm said:

Where is Wipeout HD??? Sorry Sony, but after the weak pressconference I really expected something great on the store….but there isn´t anything worth downloading! This E3 really sucks.

+ PyroJack on July 16th, 2008 at 9:59 pm said:

I was just wondering, is the playstation video store going to be updated on Thursdays like the game part is? Or will they be on different days? (sorry if this is answered anywhere else, I looked but didn’t see)

+ babybluedb on July 16th, 2008 at 9:59 pm said:

Ro Hernandez PLAYSTATION STORE TEAM i know this would be a big task but i would really much like to see the live gameplay footage of the demosrations done at E3 for PS3 games i missed some.

+ linebeginstoblur on July 16th, 2008 at 10:01 pm said:

Anyone else have major issues with the new Video download service? I bought a SD video rental this morning. An 80-minute movie took at least 100 minutes to download. Then, about halfway though, the video lags, gets out of sync, and then stops play. That was a horrible waste of a $4 rental. I’ve heard of other people having this problem too. Anyone actually get something to actually WORK? If I don’t hear of anyone actually having success, that’s the last time I’ll ever try that service again…

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 10:01 pm said:

@40 mentioned it earlier. When I rented(only one you cant buy and costs more ??) I accidentally pressed play, but I was going to bed so I stopped it. But it started the timer anyway, and as I was watching it, the playbacl quit with 5 minutes to go because the rental expired…

+ Reese8732 on July 16th, 2008 at 10:02 pm said:

That’s a great update but my only question is: When will we be able to play some of the demos? the trailers are great but like any other self-proclaim gamer that only wets the appeitte for more. And the movies section is wonderful in the PS Store, didn’t know Sony kept that one secret. All in all. it was a great addition to my PS experience and thousand of ideas popped in my head in reference to my external hard drive and movies and DLC (games).

+ Delriach on July 16th, 2008 at 10:03 pm said:

I hope we get some more news on Fat Princess. Also, how demanding is putting up this content daily on the PSN?

I doubt that you guys will change the thursday only plan unless for special occasions, but it’s really awesome getting new content in the store repeatedly as the week goes on.

+ Archmaester on July 16th, 2008 at 10:04 pm said:

@44 Don’t sweat it. E3 is kinda dying off since there is no public crowd anymore. I really think Nintendo and Sony were doing there financial deal(cause it’s a business summit) and a few announcements, but are saving the big things for the next two conferences. see my post @34 & 36

PAGE 1 2 3 4