Paragon

Jul 16

Jul 16

Media Molecule’s Alex Evans Interview

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

For those of you that have seen the PlayStation E3 press conference (and that can include all of you now), one of the highlights was something that’s typically the slowest part of these events – the business recap. Thanks to the folks at Media Molecule, a Celtics-clad Sackboy escorted SCEA CEO Jack Tretton through the numbers, instantly making Powerpoint something of an old coot.

I caught up with Alex Evans, who piloted the “Jackboy” through this E3 level immediately following the press conference, to ask him if everything was done live, and if we could re-create something like this in the finished product.

Thanks to Alex for taking time out of his incredibly busy schedule this E3. LittleBigPlanet is coming to your PS3 this October.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

tirminyl said:

July 16th, 8:47 pm

I absolutely love this game! This has shown the scale of the game, from creating levels to platform through to spreadsheets for meetings, lol.

Engine said:

July 16th, 8:48 pm

This game has easily become one of the must have games.

fusen said:

July 16th, 8:51 pm

Heavy Rain is back on board!

CrimsonFox13 said:

July 16th, 10:08 pm

I can’t watch the video! For some reason I can never watch videos on this site…

Reese8732 said:

July 16th, 10:11 pm

I was pretty amaze at what I saw for that part of the presentation. If that’s any indication of the final product, then there will be plenty of very pleased PS3 owners come October. To anyone for looking something that is awsome two words for you:
Civilization Revolution(Fellow wrestling fans thought I was going to say Suck It,lol).

cronus3166 said:

July 16th, 10:43 pm

Simply amazing!

I like many others, now want to use LBP as a presentation tool for my final :P

sulack said:

July 16th, 10:51 pm

I dunno bout u guys but none of these videos load onto any of my 4 computers

Onna76_NL said:

July 17th, 4:22 am

Again I found this the most original presentation I’ve ever seen, this made the business part about the company a whole lot more interesting :-) I had a blast. Plus it made my heart pounding faster and made me wanting LBP so badly, I’m nearly bursting of the waiting… So, good move Sony!

P.S. Is that Jeff who’s interviewing Alex? Aha hmmmmm :-D

Onna76_NL said:

July 17th, 4:23 am

@Sulack, whoa, not on your 4 computers? I’ve got a plain, simple laptop and the video’s around here work just perfect on Firefox. Perhaps it has to do with your browser, browser security or installment?

GGCAN said:

July 17th, 5:19 am

Thanks.

Zaku said:

July 17th, 6:14 am

The game looks amazing and it was very creative to show the game off and go over the business aspect of your presentation. It’s just amazing what you can do as far as creation goes with this game. Definitely one of my most looked forward to titles.

Wisdom Wanderer said:

July 17th, 7:10 am

I’m picking this up on day one! Hopefully there’s Special Edition. :D

SpyroLuver88 said:

July 17th, 10:16 am

Check it out LBP can even make sales numbers interesting:)

Can’t wait to own it and my very own sack boy to love

jqtaxpayer said:

July 17th, 11:02 am

Any way the Celtics jersey will make it in the final game? PLEASE!? GO CELTS!!!

sulack said:

July 17th, 11:08 am

@Onna… iv tryed firefox, opra, IE, and the playstation browser

Joe said:

July 17th, 2:20 pm

I just remembered that Craftworld was the name of the game. I think that would be a great game to come out on PSP. If not at least on PSN. But I think PSP would be great for a game like that.

ATALAVERA said:

July 17th, 11:06 pm

Looks amazing!

MADARAmagekyo said:

July 18th, 11:08 am

I was kind of unsure whether I would get LBP. However, after hearing that interview, it’s a certain purchase. Even my wife (the traditional Wii casual gamer) will dig it.

Just the fact that we can pick it up, day one, bring it home, pop it in, AND MAKE THAT LEVEL is truly awesome. Not that I’ll be using it for presentations.

CrimsonCalibur said:

July 18th, 2:32 pm

Amazing game. I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

ghamdikh1 said:

July 19th, 8:38 am

3 quick questions.
1-does this game have some support for home service.
2-will you be able to install the game in the hard drive to reduce the loading time.
3-does this game have i support for youtube uploading.

PAGE 1 2