PS4-Watch_Dogs

E3: PlayStation.Blog Reader Meet-up Recap

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jul 17, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Thanks to all who came out!
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone who attended Tuesday night’s reader meet-up in LA. The fans were awesome, the tacos delicious, and the competition fierce.

Since we had never done anything like this before, I would’ve been *very happy* if 20-25 people had shown up. In reality, it was more like 3x that, as roughtly 75 people showed up at King Taco to play PSP, talk about E3, and eat some of the most delicious quesadillas known to man.

For those of you who missed it, we played a series of Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 tournaments, awarding and raffling off prizes such as copies of Civilization Revolution and Top Spin 3 from 2K Games (thanks Charlie!), and awesome autographed swag from Naughty Dog (thanks Arne!).

The grand prize, a limited edition gunmetal grey Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 bundle, went to Bill of Torrance, CA, on the merit of his Hot Shots prowess. He may not be as good at the game as I am (I had to represent), but he now has a rarer PS3 than I do.

Extra special thanks to Marcelo and everyone at King Taco on Pico – both the hospitality and food were unparalleled. I strongly recommend the carnitas and horchata (which I drank my weight in).

But perhaps the best part was meeting readers of the PS Blog. We’re here for you, and fortunately, you’re all a lot… calmer, shall we say, in person. We’ll definitely have to do this again.

For pics, click here, or check out these links. Thanks again!

* Check Out Blog
* Legit Reviews
* PS Faction
* PS3 Fanboy (this one’s priceless)

PAGE 1 2

+ Johnny Sasaki on July 17th, 2008 at 11:23 am said:

Wish I could have been there! I had the day off work but got called in for a meeting… :’(

Glad it was fun though!

+ okiwa002 on July 17th, 2008 at 11:27 am said:

Wow… I wish I was closer to the action. That sounded like an AWESOME event, though! :D

+ stewey on July 17th, 2008 at 11:28 am said:

I wish I could have attended this meeting. It looks like it was a lot of fun! I guess the time has come for me to invest in a PSP too.

+ jazzagers on July 17th, 2008 at 12:04 pm said:

GDC meet up would be awesome, at least for me since I’m in school at SF State during the time. Make it happen Jeff!!!!!!!!

+ kentini00792 on July 17th, 2008 at 12:17 pm said:

Hey Jeff, Thanks for Civil. Rev. HSG2 & T-shirt! best regards to your team, you guys did a great job!

+ outkast32 on July 17th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

jeff when is the last day you will be releasing e3 news to us here on the blog

+ DJMayhem on July 17th, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

God, that was pretty funny. I was the only guy without a PSP there, but hell, it was fun meeting you all there (Jeff’s antics during the last round of the Hot Shots Golf tournament were hiiilarious). Hope to see you all soon!

+ Chrisrahosiris on July 17th, 2008 at 12:40 pm said:

It was a lot of fun. I had like 5 burritos. Thanks so much for having this for us Jeff. I can’t wait until the next event. Hopefully I’ll be able to attend that one as well.

+ Brokoro on July 17th, 2008 at 12:57 pm said:

to thingg- That’d be me, Brokoro
I’m with PSFaction.
If you’d checked out the gallery at PSFaction you’d know that from some of the pictures.

Seriously this was the most fun event I’d gone to all year, all conventions were put to shame!!!
……..
Jeff, you can expect i’ll be polishing my iron and pumping it up all year in preperation of next years tournament! I will not be defeated next time!

+ BabeBro on July 17th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

You guys look like you had a blast, but I have to ask something. Why wasn’t The Agency discussed at E3? I am looking forward to this title and it has my interest completely.

+ erico316 on July 17th, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

jeff rpg ps3 games?i saw that we getting a port of a 360 rpg am i right?also why don’t u ever answer me back it like im on a hit list of don’t reply to?im not much of a jerk but its seem like u can’t take the bad stuff only the good.the ps brand is dying.its time sony started to listen to us and answer us back reaction to what we say.
one thing i like to point out i dont believe all games need to have an online side to its.second thing i want to point out is that rpg a big are part of the ps brand and its true what Microsoft said ps game are find a new home on the xbox 360 now react and attack back by giving xbox game new home on the ps brand.goes after gears,mass effect,or even get bugie studios,buy more percentage of square enix!!!!!!!!!buy some third party exclusion that was once xbox branded.

+ RoAcH2285 on July 17th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

When E3 is in Atlanta I’ll be there. As a matter a fact, wasn’t E3 in Atlanta a long ass time ago? I think it was. Anyway I vote ATL for E3 ’09.

+ Jenovah on July 17th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

Looked like fun, Jeff any word on when Wipeout HD is hitting?

+ Ed187 on July 17th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

To bad I couldn’t come. Can you do one near Chicago next time. Please.

+ Dorian_D on July 17th, 2008 at 4:01 pm said:

Pretty sweet group pics. I really enjoyed the E3 conference and all the game news. Keep on Sony!

+ evilman279 on July 17th, 2008 at 4:08 pm said:

too bad im 7000 miles away, i would have gone

+ LukeD on July 17th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

Jeff, you’re so damn cute, love the belt.

+ Stoffinator on July 17th, 2008 at 4:38 pm said:

Glad you guys had fun. Wish I could of made it. Next time think of a place outside of the us, just a little North. ;-]

+ Korlithiel on July 17th, 2008 at 4:54 pm said:

Ever come to WA and I may have to make plans.

+ wizardpsp on July 17th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

will you be on comic con nex week?

+ Daver on July 17th, 2008 at 5:08 pm said:

@ Jeff

Yea come in Quebec for next event :) like #29 said… Poutine is way better than tacos ;)
We’ll teach french to Sony people

+ zombiefriend on July 17th, 2008 at 5:58 pm said:

lol im sure ppl on here will start being more calm now that in game xmb is out, which is awesome btw ;3

+ bpowter on July 17th, 2008 at 6:48 pm said:

thanks jeff this is bpowter is was great being there i wish i could of won that ps3 tho i hope to see you guys again

+ postman102 on July 17th, 2008 at 10:02 pm said:

Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree, but I have a lot of friends who have PS3′s, myself included, and we just want to know if sony is gonna do anything about the flash player on the PS3′s. We keep getting error messages saying it need to be updated but there is not update from adobe. Can you guys work with adobe for a newer more compatible flash player. Thanks

PAGE 1 2