The Last Guardian

Jul 24

Jul 24

Siren: Blood Curse rises today

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, International Software Development

Escape from BYOUIN

The first survival horror game available on the PS3 is coming to the PLAYSTATION Store today! We have worked on this for many a month now, and cannot express enough how anxious we are to hear what you think when you finally get to play this game!

Let me give you just a little bit of background information to get you familiar with the story, in case you haven’t seen the trailers or tried the demo yet (there’s one embedded below).

An American TV crew sets out on a journey to Japan in hopes of shooting a documentary piece about a mysterious village that supposedly disappeared under a mud slide 30 years ago. Upon arrival in this village, they immediately stumble across a disturbing ritual taking place. In the midst of the confusion and terror, a siren screams out. It’s a spine chilling sound. Is it a warning to stay away? What is the meaning of it? Why do the inhabitants keep coming back to life? What is going on here? I would love to tell you more, but that’s for you to find out…

As the player, you get to experience the unique sense of fear this game delivers as you control 7 different playable characters, each character witnessing a different part of the horror and the mystery. And of course there is the unique sight jack system, which lets you see things from the perspective of your friends and even of the deadly Shibito undead, which I think really adds to the kind of horror you can experience with this game.

You should definitely play at night, lights out and surround sound on. The shivers you will get are perfect for the summer heat.

And yes… Let’s talk about pricing and how the product will be released.

SHUKYOU KAN

So, how do you pick up Siren: Blood Curse? Very easy. Just head to the PLAYSTATION Store on your PS3 and go to the Siren category page. There should be banners up, and it should also be found in the “new releases” section. Now, the game is split into 12 easily digestible chunks, like episodes of a TV series. You’ll be able to purchase the game in three separate packs, consisting of 4 episodes each. These will run at $14.99 per 4-episode bundle. Or, right off the bat, you can purchase the full game for a nice discount at only $39.99. This is all available only through the PS Store. Remember, this is a full-length game, much larger in scale than most of the downloadable games available on the store. It’s on par with full-scale Blu-ray disc releases, and is all part of our effort to expand our selection of game content on the store.

If you want to try out the game before you buy, be sure to download the demo from the PS Store for a taste of the full game has to offer.

While you’re on the PS Store, be sure to check out the cool wallpapers and PS3 Theme we’ve come up with. There will also be a few more awesome wallpapers available next week as well.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

neo_bahamut said:

July 24th, 5:34 am

First! This game looks awesome

clenbuterol said:

July 24th, 5:35 am

its like a resident evil :)? http://www.megabolix.com \
very nice grafic . must play

Romzen said:

July 24th, 5:37 am

OMG, i am shaking =(

hostes said:

July 24th, 5:40 am

I have a question. In the European store (Austrian store) the game is already available. Is the game then also in GERMAN or only english??

thx

Raham said:

July 24th, 5:42 am

Might give it a try even though it’ll scare the s**t outta me! Looks great!

XxBigP123xX said:

July 24th, 5:48 am

Maybe someday….

VenomX said:

July 24th, 5:48 am

Can you just buy this on Blu-ray?

BigOLBallz said:

July 24th, 5:51 am

No wonder I didn’t know anything about this game till I got the demo last week, it was pretty dope I wanna see some reviews first while I’m still rockin MGS4

dan1066 said:

July 24th, 6:02 am

for a game made by sony im shocked to see no trophy support. you would think that sony would back up their own creations with a feature that they have added to their console

but anyway this is a scary game and looks great. the demo was spooky but i found the control scheme pretty tricky to use. movment direction should be with the left stick and camera with the right but still its a good game.
im just disappointed there are no trophies

hostes said:

July 24th, 6:03 am

yeah there really should be trophies… please make a patch for it!!

Dark_Vincent said:

July 24th, 6:08 am

After watching Tsubasa’s “Insider” interview here on the PSBlog a few days ago, I immediately tried out the demo. Good game, though I found it a bit weird to aim (there’s no aim actually!). But if you think about it, they are reporters, not soldiers, they just point and shoot.
By the way, Tsubasa, can you tell us what the game has in terms of replayability? I mean, are there higher difficulties or anything besides the 12 chapters? And how long does it take to go through the whole game (average)?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

July 24th, 1:47 pm

to Dark_Vincent

I have also posted another comment on this, but to re-cap…

Siren has 2 difficulty levels, Easy and Normal.

That combined with the collectible items sprinkled throughout the game will most certainly be something to re-visit game play for.

There are items you will find through your experience that may not necessarily need for game progress. However, they may in some cases be hints for the storyline to give you a better understanding of \”what\’s going on\”?!

As for game play time, the average gamer will need at least 20 hours or more to play through the 12 Episodes. One Episode will range from 1 to 2 hours of game play.

I\’m sure you will enjoy this game!

Thank you (and everyone) for your interest!

Tsubasa

nbnz said:

July 24th, 6:11 am

Can you tell us how big the download is? Is the disc release coming out in EU? Both for storage and bandwidth reasons the disc version would be my preference.

Stephanie1 said:

July 24th, 6:14 am

Can anyone comfirm how long it takes to complete the game and if it’s worth the money? =)

thx

Daver said:

July 24th, 6:18 am

@8 dan1066

The game was probably finished already when they announced trophy, maybe they are gonna patch it later

X820 said:

July 24th, 6:18 am

Any plan on releasing it in Blu-Ray disc? I have limited bandwidth usage every month, so getting all 12 episodes is kinda hard.

BahaFS said:

July 24th, 6:22 am

The game is 9.1GB in total, but it’s split into chapters so I’m sure you can download it bit by bit. There’s is a blu-ray release for both japan and asia. The asian release supposedly has both english & japanese.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

July 24th, 1:59 pm

to Baha,

Yes, it\’s about 9GB. And yes, since it\’s split into chapters, you can download the chapters individually. So you don\’t have to wait for the full 9GB download before you start playing.

Captain Fury said:

July 24th, 6:22 am

thanks Tsubasa! btw, will the playstation store turn red like the Japanese one at release?

Krushak said:

July 24th, 6:27 am

Does Sony try to release the Game in the German PS Store?

WHAT said:

July 24th, 6:27 am

@ #12 Each episode ranges from 1-2 hours, with a total of 12 episode.

That’s what he said on GameTrailers.com interview.

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

July 24th, 6:33 am

Thank you for the heads up! I love the demo but I want to know if you can answer a few questions…

1. Will this game receive throphies? Will also support in game music??

If not will there be a future patch?

Like I said I love the demo and it would be a great game to buy but if it’s not at least going to get patched in the future I’m not buying it. Thank you!

the_culture said:

July 24th, 6:34 am

It sounds like it’s $40 for all 12 chapters if you pay online and download them; or $55 if you buy the Blu-ray disc from Play Asia. If you buy the Blu-ray disc, does it contain all chapters?

I may do it that way since I just learned that the Blu-ray has English subtitles.

nbnz said:

July 24th, 6:34 am

9.1GB! OK I guess I won’t be downloading then. That’s 1/3 of my monthly allowance and 1/4 of my PS3 capacity. I’ll wait till the possible disc release.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

July 24th, 2:02 pm

to nbnz,

With 12 individual episodes, you can download each episode separately, and even delete episodes you\’ve finished (you can always download again later). So no need to download the full game right off the bat. You can also buy it in 3 separate pieces of 4 episodes per bundle if you want to spread it out some.

ToMmY said:

July 24th, 6:40 am

@ the_culture: yes, blu-ray edition has all chapters in it. and subtitles, too.

i just downloaded the fist part. i’ll be playing it tonight, after the sun has faded away…

setimoo said:

July 24th, 6:40 am

Is it on PS Store already ? the USA one, mine didnt update, and i think there are english subtitles for both ? Where did you saw it would be just on blu-ray the-culture ?

the_culture said:

July 24th, 6:45 am

Play Asia has it for $55

It’s more expensive this way, but you get the whole game at once and you get the disc and case, which I like. :)

stennex said:

July 24th, 6:46 am

Look different than the demo. I more interested now.

lildragon said:

July 24th, 6:54 am

@19 Why in the world would you want in-game music for a survival horror game? Seriously did you even think about that request before posting it? seriously…. man.

the_culture said:

July 24th, 7:00 am

Eurogamer has a review of the full version in case anyone is interested.

setimoo said:

July 24th, 7:01 am

@25 LOL was thinking about that also

Stunt said:

July 24th, 7:07 am

SIREN: Blood Curse looks awesome. I want to buy it, but all these forced game installs take up most the space on my hard-drive. Will there be a Blu-Ray release?

saunderswan said:

July 24th, 7:16 am

will we beable to install this game on 5 other consoles like most other PSN games and will we also beable to play this game on another profile on our machines??? UNLIKE THE BIG DISAPOINTMENT WARHAWK????

but all in all this game looks to be 100 times better than the last 1.

Game On

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

July 24th, 2:11 pm

saunderswan,

The game allows downloads on up to 5 different PS3s if you use the same original PSN account that made the original purchase.

saunderswan said:

July 24th, 7:20 am

danm just thought of another question will this be world wide release but more specific will it be on the EU store today?

Thetruefiziks said:

July 24th, 7:25 am

I scanned the article for trophy support, no go, me sad

darkwing_uop said:

July 24th, 7:28 am

Day 1

Ocelot- said:

July 24th, 7:29 am

I will be checking this out on my next pay check.

setimoo said:

July 24th, 7:33 am

@29 It didnt show on my PS Store yet… my account is from USA but im from Brasil.

Nibehlung said:

July 24th, 7:35 am

Could you guys please release wallpaper similar to the image that is used for the CD cover here:

I saw a similar in-game poster if you have Mainichi Issho game.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

July 24th, 11:11 am

You\’re in luck.
    We put out some wallpapers last week, some will be coming today (along with a very cool theme). And next week on the 31st are 2 more wallpapers that are exactly what you\’re looking for. So lots of cool content for your XMB! Hope you like how they all turned out!

Coragi said:

July 24th, 7:35 am

I want to know if you can share this game with 4 others PS3s.

Ocelot- said:

July 24th, 7:36 am

The demo was cool

mendezgato said:

July 24th, 7:36 am

is there any extras in the blueray edition because 10 gigs is a waste of space imo

Trieloth said:

July 24th, 7:51 am

Its finally out woot. I will be one of the few that will buy this game without [DELETED].

P_tear_griffin said:

July 24th, 7:52 am

I’ll surely check it out :)

Seba501 said:

July 24th, 7:53 am

I dont care, i cant buy from the store, where are the PSN cards ?

Nomad said:

July 24th, 7:57 am

i love this game i dont care about space all i need to know if that this game will support 1080p,will it have trophies and when will it be released because i stayed up late till 2:30AM and still nothing to this point.this game will surely deliver as it is the first NEXT-GEN survival horror for the ps3.first minute purchase for me.

lildragon said:

July 24th, 7:58 am

@38 Use a prepaid Visa if you can.

thingg said:

July 24th, 8:02 am

@28
AFAIK, after FW 2.40, you can download Warhawk more than once like other paid content on the PS store. At least that’s what I’ve heard. (I own the BD version of the game so I don;t know if it’s true or not)

leetfoo said:

July 24th, 8:05 am

Looked like a good game, then you went and made it 720p only (with no scaling), so no-buy for me. Maybe next time. Why is it that third parties use Sony’s scaler (to support 1080i/p), but Sony doesn’t?

saunderswan said:

July 24th, 8:14 am

@41 cheers for the info will look into it i hope so it was a BIG let down not even being able to play it on other profiles on the same system this was the reason i got blu-ray version and even that i think you had to wait 1 hour to play it on other profiles or a diffrent system

Eternity_Viper_Snake said:

July 24th, 8:15 am

looks great i liked the demo i played (japan version) i know there is USA version just been on MGO everday.. but my question is did you all fix the camera angles last time i played it it was difficult to look around if you all did then you have a happy custemer fo sho :) thanks

lakaihigh said:

July 24th, 8:21 am

survival horror! yes give me more of this.

peace,