Uncharted 4

Comic-Com Interview: SOCOM’s Rob Roy

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jul 29, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Another update from the just-completed Comic-Con International 2008

RobRoycovers
I managed to catch up with Rob Roy, the man who puts the Navy SEAL is SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs, just at the launch of a SOCOM: Confrontation tournament. Roy has been on the cover of almost every SOCOM game to date, and it’s not just ceremonial. In this interview, he reveals how real SEALs contribute to the only game accurate enough to bear their name.

For the latest updates on SOCOM: Confrontation, please visit SOCOM.com.

PAGE 1 2

+ XxBigP123xX on July 29th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

Can’t wait for Socom :D

I want the official playstation mic too.

Where’s my Qore beta?

+ Jeigh on July 29th, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

Indeed, that PlayStation headset really does look good. Thanks for this. I never really got into the whole Socom thing, but it wan’t definitely an interesting video.

Happy Wednesday! :D

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

hey do you guys need an editor? I’m available!

+ Makasu on July 29th, 2008 at 10:28 am said:

Priceless first frame of that video :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 29th, 2008 at 12:54 pm said:

dude, I wish i could change it! look at my teeth! I had braces!

+ StupidityTries on July 29th, 2008 at 10:28 am said:

Question for Rob:
When you walk, do your feet touch the ground, or do they just shuffle on air (ala Confrontation)?

+ babybluedb on July 29th, 2008 at 10:29 am said:

I cant wait for socom can someone please tell me when i will be able to play the socom beta that i got from core i mean the people at comic con got to play it so whats with the what for the qore people.

+ Ghostm on July 29th, 2008 at 10:29 am said:

Woooohooooo, more PS2 news… -.- You guys really need to put PS2 on the back burner. I understand that you guys are making real money with the PS2 but it’s all about the PS3 for me. I have a 60GB PS3 with full BC and I don’t even think about putting a PS2 disc in there.

Can you guys please speak to Capcom about Monster Hunter 3? I don’t mind the game being multi platform. Why not have a PS3 version?

+ Atoms on July 29th, 2008 at 10:31 am said:

This game is BIG!

+ Delriach on July 29th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

The mic for Socom looks awesome. I have two Mics, a USB one and a BT one. I will still be getting the Socom one.

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

They showed the ps2 games for you to see that his face is on like every one, I imagine.

+ TheHater on July 29th, 2008 at 10:34 am said:

Man, I can’t wait for Socom. I love the fact that this game is only online. I don’t really play the Socom Story mode

+ Ghostm on July 29th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

Wicked interview man! Rob Roy kicks some major ass.

+ DevilHunterDante on July 29th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

i think i might pick up this game or download

+ gardea on July 29th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

What’s Rob Roy’s PSN ID :)

+ minas on July 29th, 2008 at 10:40 am said:

music problem caused by 2.41+2.40…when u browsing or watching photos,you cant ff/rwd/pause the track…not only from the mini control panel,but not even from the main control panel that isnt accessible anymore during browsing and photos!u must do something…r u aware of that?

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 10:42 am said:

@16
minas

minas, man.. RELEVANCE

+ minas on July 29th, 2008 at 10:46 am said:

what does this means? RELEVANCE? Sorry about my english

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 10:50 am said:

you gotta find yourself a thread that has something to do with your inquiry or nobody will respond, then the people complain (“why does SCE ignore us, etc etc”), and wonder why nobody acknowledges them

+ babybluedb on July 29th, 2008 at 10:50 am said:

its not relevent to the thread means that it has nothing to do with this topic

+ EvoAnubis on July 29th, 2008 at 10:52 am said:

I caught this on YouTube yesterday. Good interview.

+ EvilStealth64 on July 29th, 2008 at 10:54 am said:

Where is my Qore beta??

+ EvilStealth64 on July 29th, 2008 at 10:55 am said:

What is Rob Roys PSN ID?

+ vandam on July 29th, 2008 at 10:58 am said:

Get beta up!!! Got my link to get beta but no beta yet? havent play Socom since the second one.

+ dapalon on July 29th, 2008 at 10:58 am said:

Hey Jeff!
Greetings from Colombia!

Quick Question…

When will we receive Life With Playstation? If I’m not mistaken its launch was supposed to be at the end of this month… I know it hasn’t ended, stil…

BTW, Congrats on PSB’s coverage on July’s Events… Loved it!

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 10:59 am said:

@25

“6
Submish | July 28th, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Kim,

Will there be any information on Life with PlayStation today or tomorrow?

Kim Nguyen replied on July 28, 2008 at 5:32 pm

Hi Submish,

Since E3 there hasn’t been any [news] updates.”

+ stewey on July 29th, 2008 at 11:05 am said:

Awesome! When will the Qore beta be available?

+ BZKlint on July 29th, 2008 at 11:09 am said:

Still waiting for the Qore beta ;)

By the way, now that we can link our PSN’s to our PSU ID’s, does that mean that in the future we’ll be able to recieve, read, create and send PSN messages from our computers?

+ erico316 on July 29th, 2008 at 11:11 am said:

um jeff…….. can we get some1 from dc interviewed?

+ Scodo_Thope on July 29th, 2008 at 11:15 am said:

Jeff, has Thetruefiziks become the “official” moderator/adviser. Seems to address all questions himself?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 29th, 2008 at 12:58 pm said:

you don\’t see his name in red, do you?

+ Jenovah on July 29th, 2008 at 11:15 am said:

Hey Jeff, any chance of Sony picking up Ghostbusters since Activision is no longer publishing it? Brutal Legend also? :) Be some nice additions to the PS3 library.

+ StalkingSilence on July 29th, 2008 at 11:19 am said:

is –> in
Navy SEAL in SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs

+ perrandy on July 29th, 2008 at 11:20 am said:

the interview was interesting but shooters arent my type of game.cant hardly wait for the nippon ichi blog lol…anyways, where’s life with playsttion that jack promised us by the end of the month at e3?

+ perrandy on July 29th, 2008 at 11:23 am said:

will this new service come with a fw upgrade or from the ps store?anyone willing to answer?? thanks

+ tdh on July 29th, 2008 at 11:26 am said:

I really hate saying this, but can we get another interviewer? I like the interviews but the guy doing them nearly makes me turn them off. Trouble delivery questions, can’t make sure the person he’s interviewing can even be heard/recorded. Seems awkward in his own skin while on camera. Can we try for somebody with a little more presence or charisma when interviewing people on camera that we as gamers care about?

+ Masterofallz on July 29th, 2008 at 11:27 am said:

@35
Agreed.

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 11:30 am said:

@30
Scodo_Thope

well, I was echoing Kim regarding the “Life” inquiry which has no business here, and um the rest of the questions I answered in this thread weren’t questions at all. find a thread that has something to do with what you’re asking would you?

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 11:32 am said:

@32 stalkingsilence

LOL, that’s why I asked them if they needed an editor!

+ erico316 on July 29th, 2008 at 11:43 am said:

@35 u guys do know that jeff himself right doing the interviews?well at least i think it is.

+ CrimsonFox13 on July 29th, 2008 at 11:44 am said:

Agh! Why can’t I watch any videos on this site? It never loads! :(

+ LugeZ on July 29th, 2008 at 11:44 am said:

IS there a way to get one of those cool SOCOM posters of Rob Roy? Maybe, when you preorder it? Or maybe thru the Blog? That’s an awesome poster.

+ GGCAN on July 29th, 2008 at 11:47 am said:

Thanks for the post.

Still waiting for that Qore beta download from the 1st Qore publication.

+ erico316 on July 29th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

@37 i do that myself when i can give reliability info.sometime it better not to answer people back.there are times i do post on some1 else post.so keep up the good work and don’t let any1 stop u.

+ BHard on July 29th, 2008 at 11:51 am said:

@#8 this is not PS2 news this is PS3 news. The reason you have all the PS2 covers on the top is to show you that he’s been on all the covers for the franchise. This game will be great can’t wait to pay it in Septemember ! !

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 12:01 pm said:

@43
erico316

well, of course SCE could stop me from posting. HOWEVER “I” neither gave advice nor did “I” address a question, all of the information I speculated on was official (which was one question total). IF you post a question, bookmark it. You’ll notice that they answer some of this stuff already, and quit flooding irrelevant topics.

as for the ps2 post, the guy obviously saw the ps2 games and thought this thread was about ‘em. Well it isn’t if you’ll notice, everything I’ve contributed in the thread is safe information, and, in no way was I pretending to convey info that was never validated.
——————————————-
I agree you should raffle some signed or unsigned copies of the SOCOM posters.

+ the_icon on July 29th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

Waiting for an actual sequel of SOCOM in the PS3.

+ perrandy on July 29th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

hope you guys are doing ok after the earthquake!

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

you should have asked Rob Roy if the SEALs watch the civilians play the game to discover new possibilities in terms of usable tactics for future SEALs operations.

+ erico316 on July 29th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

@45 i just wanted to give u a handshake of support is all.and to say that if any1 tell u u shouldn’t do it then dont pay any attention to them keep on doing it.

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

@49

I know I was just saying that I don’t feel like I know more than what I read. thanks bro

+ se7enthsign-psn on July 29th, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

@48:
I hope not. Your approach is a little bit different when you know that if you get killed, you will come back in 5 minutes.

PAGE 1 2