PS4-Watch_Dogs

Warhawk Tips for Beginners/Salute to Experts

Harvard Bonin's Avatar + Posted by Harvard Bonin on Jul 29, 2008 // Senior Producer, SCEA

Warhawk Greatest Hits

Its been quite a busy couple of weeks in Warhawk. We just released Warhawk on the PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits line. It’s really a lot of fun for us to be included and we hope that a lot more players give the game a try. Check out this Training Video from Brady Games to help out these new players.

Also, we recently released Patch 1.4 and the Global Gaming League had its finals!

If you have been watching GGL’s Warhawk tournament, you would know that the semifinal matches between Gods Illest, [WAR!], (ONI) and ARMED^ASSASSINS went down this weekend. However, instead of waiting a few days to schedule the finals, the victors, first-seeded [WAR!] and tenth ARMED^ASSASSINS, decided to play their finals match this weekend.

The end result? An upset by ARMED^ASSASSINS which knocked off [WAR!] and took the championship!

Congrats to ARMED ASSASSINS! We at Sony and Incognito recommend you steer clear of them in the game unless you like being shanked!

ARMED^ASSASSINS’s Roster

• Robz5a
  • Scabiez
  • scarry_larry1
  • Shawneld
  • supa_ghost
  • TW2N

Remember, the winners get a very cool Warhawk statue from Gentle Giant and also the coveted in-game Champion’s Blade.

Grand Prize: (one team)
One 6″ Warhawk Limited Edition Statue created by Gentle Giant per player, up to 16 players.

Champion’s Blade: an in-game prize available only to the players on the winning team from this tournament. The Champion’s Blade is a special in-game Warhawk weapon that will replace the regular knife weapon, and will look visibly different than the regular knife that other players carry in-game, so that other players you encounter in the game will know that you won the tournament. How proud players will be to get shanked by this sweet knife.

Participation Prize: (all participating teams)
GGL-Ceremonial Knife (“Shanks for coming out!”). Players that register and participate in the tournament will get a special piece of in-game troop equipment: The “GGL Ceremonial Knife.” This replaces your troop’s current combat blade and only players that participate in the tournament will get this new equipment. Teams must complete at least one match to be eligible for the Participation Prize.

All participants got the Cermonial Blade for participating in a match. We’ll have more information very soon when these blades will show up in the game. Also, the ARMED ASSASSINS can expect their Warhawk statue in the coming weeks. They are still at the factory so sit tight!

Along with all this action you can expect more cool news about future Warhawk updates really soon. Thanks for all the continued support.

102 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 5:57 pm said:

nice tips, I’mma bookmark this for when I get Warhawk

+ XxBigP123xX on July 29th, 2008 at 6:00 pm said:

Warhawk was awesome. I remember wen I was in the beta and whenever it froze I would just reset it and keep playing :P

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 6:00 pm said:

are these statues a collectors edition item or are they available for the public to purchase as well?

+ skynidas on July 29th, 2008 at 6:05 pm said:

Nice post thanks

+ Buddy175 on July 29th, 2008 at 6:10 pm said:

nice to bad i dont have the warhawk

+ skynidas on July 29th, 2008 at 6:11 pm said:

BTW You know when is the 1.5 update coming out?

+ Captain Fury on July 29th, 2008 at 6:13 pm said:

grats on GH :)

+ Buddy175 on July 29th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

@5
and im not getting that game either

+ Buddy175 on July 29th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

ps network: buddy175 add if u like

+ Cess007 on July 29th, 2008 at 6:17 pm said:

I ask the same than #6. When the patch 1.5 will be released? Within the month, or in August?

+ Jeigh on July 29th, 2008 at 6:18 pm said:

Well, congratulations to “ARMED^ASSASSINS” on their victory.

And congratulations to Incognito on their induction of Warhawk into the Greatest Hits. Any chance we’ll be seeing any other inductees from you guys in the near future…? :D

+ Buddy175 on July 29th, 2008 at 6:20 pm said:

how long does it take 4 a game 2 become a GH?

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 6:23 pm said:

totalplaystation.com states: “For those that are still a little foggy about the Greatest Hits qualification criteria, it’s pretty simple stuff: Once a game has been out for a full year and sold over 400,00 copies, it qualifies as a Greatest Hits title”

+ stewey on July 29th, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

I just purchased Warhawk a few minutes ago. Installing the update now and can’t wait to play!

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

“and not all games that meet the criteria will instantly go Greatest Hits, so if you see games that have been out for a while and seem to have been selling well enough, the publisher might still be trying to squeeze a few more full-prices sales out of the game”

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 6:26 pm said:

oh well that was the criteria for PS2, wikipedia states “In 2008 the program was introduced for the PS3. Each titles has to be on the market for 11 months, and sell 500,000 copies or more.”

+ Buddy175 on July 29th, 2008 at 6:34 pm said:

thanks

+ MegaClank on July 29th, 2008 at 6:52 pm said:

Nice job to Armed Assassins!

+ Kratos_ate_Snake on July 29th, 2008 at 6:54 pm said:

Congrats!!!

+ Atoms on July 29th, 2008 at 7:02 pm said:

I have a ton of trophies waiting on me! Sombody check my stats and send me a clan invite.My PSN is “ATOMS11″

+ L on July 29th, 2008 at 7:05 pm said:

I heard that Armed Assassins recruited more players to win which isn’t fair IMO. I’m done with this game cuz they took down the only servers that I only played on. And there are a bunch of stat padders now and they will also cheat the trophies. :(

+ effeff on July 29th, 2008 at 7:12 pm said:

I miss the home sign of the cover ….

i thought the proice of PSN-Warhawk was 29,99 ever… there are no differences , or?

+ T-Baggers on July 29th, 2008 at 7:14 pm said:

sony doesnt support exploit,glitch or cheating in there game,therefore sony and incognito need to do something with this problem,i know many people who have stop playing Warhawk, because too many people cheat,they doesnt feel there a point in playing a game where cheater go on without being caught.
I know that sony take a great importance on the online gaming,therefore active measure againts people who cheat need to be taken,with the new system of trophies,that are not retroactive to prevent people from taking save files to cheat and get trophies,and the future release of great online game like Dc online,M.A.G,the agency,resistance 2,killzone 2…..
Sony must take action as soon as possible to show those individuals that there no place for cheater in the sony online community.
incognito must take action right now to stop those person,those people give a bad name to the gaming community,make people leave the game and stop buying your product,this cheating or *padding* problem have been going on since the launch of this game,some of those people laugh at you saying you will never catch them,even after getting deleted many times they go back to cheat

someone from sony contact us,to receive picture of more then 500 cheater to delete them and suspend there account
we will not stop our hunt until sony take measure towards the cheater who ruining game for everyone

+ VenomX on July 29th, 2008 at 7:14 pm said:

When is 1.5 coming? Are we getting in-game music in 1.5?

+ TheInfectedBy590 on July 29th, 2008 at 7:15 pm said:

I’ll be getting this game as soon as it gets trophy support! :)

+ outkast32 on July 29th, 2008 at 7:15 pm said:

how soon? a week?

+ FritoZ on July 29th, 2008 at 7:19 pm said:

hmmm… might have to fire this up again i played it for about 2-3 days when it first came out, and it was riddled with bugs..

glad to see things are shaping up nicely nowadays

psn id FritoZ

+ KazeEternal on July 29th, 2008 at 7:33 pm said:

Good video to refer the newbs to thanks ^^.

Also glad the Greatest Hits box art isn’t an eye sore like the last two generations. That Bright Green (PSX) and Red (PS2) labels not only made them less pleasing to the eye but depreciated the value of the game.

+ linebeginstoblur on July 29th, 2008 at 7:35 pm said:

I bought this game a while back and I haven’t played in a long time. I know that people think it’s fun and that it’s great that Incognito Entertainment is so involved with this project months after release, but I’m just not good with online games. It’s been a frustrating experience for me trying to play games like these. Another reason I probably won’t get back to it in a while is that so many people now are so skilled, that I feel like someone like me with no skill automatically stands no chance. I watched the video above, but it doesn’t give me any more confidence. Oh well…

+ EViD on July 29th, 2008 at 7:38 pm said:

Thanks for the video.

+ Joe on July 29th, 2008 at 7:57 pm said:

All I got to say Awesome Avatar. MR T rules!

+ babybluedb on July 29th, 2008 at 8:00 pm said:

awsome cant wait to put this to good use

+ FuZuSa on July 29th, 2008 at 8:03 pm said:

SWEET!
but i do have one question:

how do we get our Statues if we never entered our adress anywhere on ggl?

+ AGQ0105 on July 29th, 2008 at 8:03 pm said:

Good stuff

+ Codeman420 on July 29th, 2008 at 8:06 pm said:

hey little off topic. Wats FW 2.42 all about?

+ Stoffinator on July 29th, 2008 at 8:11 pm said:

Yaaay WarHawk. I wonder what this team is working on next. ;-]

+ ky181 on July 29th, 2008 at 8:11 pm said:

ya im downloading firmware 2.42 what does that do?

+ KnaveX on July 29th, 2008 at 8:11 pm said:

@linesbegintoblur

I know what you mean, I bought the game in october, played it for a couple of weeks and then went through other games. When I got back to it (for the updates) I felt like a noob again because everyone was suddenly a hardcore player/ pro flight expert. On terrain I am really good but forget me getting in the air.

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 8:16 pm said:

hey sweet, hopefully this (2.42) update fixes the bluetooth bugs

+ BlackShadows14 on July 29th, 2008 at 8:16 pm said:

This video will be very helpful to me once I purchase Warhawk

+ erico316 on July 29th, 2008 at 8:17 pm said:

um jeff tell us what this firmware update is about?

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 8:17 pm said:

hopefully right now there’s a new blog post in the works regarding 2.42

+ matheaks on July 29th, 2008 at 8:21 pm said:

Argh! (writing from psp) I just got warhawk(w/headset) last week! Will the GH version come w/ headset? P.S. v2.42 released at 11 PM ET

+ enewtabie on July 29th, 2008 at 8:24 pm said:

Here’s a rumour of whats on it..

PLAYSTATION Lifestyle a large globe where you play the weather and news on the whole world can see.
-The way how the visual player is used has changed
-The place and date of the clock in the XMB you can now customize

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 8:24 pm said:

lol Harvard, nice pic (I PITY THE FOO), nice name too (Harvard)

+ babybluedb on July 29th, 2008 at 8:27 pm said:

they need to make a game of the year edition for warhawk with all the updates and im downloading 2.42

+ Patriotsbball5460 on July 29th, 2008 at 8:28 pm said:

Great video, I’m new to warhawk so tht rele helped

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 8:28 pm said:

I DLED the update and see no apparent changes

+ enewtabie on July 29th, 2008 at 8:29 pm said:

Probably just fixes then or prep work for Life with Playstation. Oh well.

+ Thetruefiziks on July 29th, 2008 at 8:32 pm said:

yep fixes, no question.. however I WOULD LIKE to know if the bluetooth problem was fixed

PAGE 1 2 3