PS4 - Destiny

Flex Your Skills at The ESPN X Games

Natalie Behrman's Avatar + Posted by Natalie Behrman on Jul 30, 2008 // Consumer Events Specialist

Calling all adrenaline junkies! The ESPN X Games is hitting Los Angeles tomorrow through Sunday, August 3 — and for those that are on the fence about attending, we’ve sweetened the pot with some pulse pounding opportunities to show off your gaming skills at designated PlayStation areas.

Here are a few of the PlayStation activities you don’t want to miss:

• PlayStation Experience Truck: on hand at the XFest at the Home Depot Center, we will be offering jam-packed interactive and hands-on social gaming and competition areas, including access to some of this year’s most-anticipated titles prior to their general availability like Little Big Planet, and fan favorites like Rock Band (Take the Stage) and SingStar (Show Us Your Vocals).
  • “Play the Pros” competition with Tanner Foust: on Friday, August 1 on the PlayStation Experience Truck, you might have the chance to go head-to-head against former rally racing X Games champion, Tanner Foust, on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, the fifth installment of the world’s best-selling racing franchise and intense precursor to Gran Turismo 5. One catch, you’ll have to compete on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue earlier in the day and make it into the top five ranking to compete with Tanner and win bragging rights.
  • You may also be the first to watch yourself play MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, the intense racing sequel to MotorStorm, on the STAPLES jumbotron on Friday, August 1.
  • PSP Zones: located at the XFest at the Home Depot Center will offer gameplay opportunities (including Internet Radio and remote play) on titles like Secret Agent Clank, MLB 08 The Show, and Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2, and entry into a sweepstakes for the “PSP Frequent Gamer” for a chance to win a prize pack including a new PSP and games.

For more information on X Games ticket prices and availability, please go to http://expn.go.com/expn/story?id=3452745

Village Shot

34 Comments   1 Reply

+ Thetruefiziks on July 30th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

always in california :(

Natalie Behrman's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 30th, 2008 at 1:57 pm said:

we\’ll have a presence at Lollapalooza if you\’re going to be near Chicago soon… More (non-California) places on the schedule as well.

+ Kedaro on July 30th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

Wish I could go, too far for me atm, got too much family stuff going on.

+ MegaClank on July 30th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

Yeah seriously.

+ Scodo_Thope on July 30th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

You guys really need to come to Texas!

:P

+ ftwrthtx on July 30th, 2008 at 12:15 pm said:

You need to hold these games in the capital city of California, and not way down there.

Move the X Games to Sacramento!

Please!

+ EvilStealth64 on July 30th, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

Again…always on the wast coast……

+ FritoZ on July 30th, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

i got to go to one of the winter Xgames once, it was great!

Hope everyone that gets to go has a great time!

you know, the PS3 needs a mascot, the 360 has Master Chief, and the Wii has Meat-Fisted Reggie Fills Aime, why not the PS3?

I propose a giant Grimp from Eden!

it would simultaneously terrify and confuse people at the same time, thereby leaving them open for pick-pocketing and mind altering rays that beam love for Bravia tvs and UMD’s directly into their weak consumer brains! It’s a sure fire win!!

i’ll get busy on the schematics, and you guys at Sony just need to send that research and development payment…a few hundered thousand should suffice for start up costs.

oh, and plutonium, i will need lots of plutonium.

+ FritoZ on July 30th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

“You may also be the first to watch yourself play”

nice one, out-of- body experiences as a result of PS3 exposure!

you heard it here first!

+ skaterricky on July 30th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

I wish I lived in Cali Again… was Little when I moved away (Bad parenting LOL!)

Could you Get some Videos from the Xgames and put them on PS Store PLEASE! :D

Im a Hardcore Gamer/Skater and im all about these shows and events :D

Missouri misses out on all the Fun..

(!YOU SHOULD STOP BY BEST BUY IN SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI sometime PlayStation Experience Truck guys!)

Hope I have this Channel at home then ill DVR it! :P

+ zakir8 on July 30th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

Will the Playstation Experience trucks ever come to Chicago, IL?

+ BZKlint on July 30th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

What about Boston? :(

+ babybluedb on July 30th, 2008 at 12:55 pm said:

what about the mid-west were homeless and SCEA eventless

+ Enforcer_X on July 30th, 2008 at 12:57 pm said:

Lets get that PS Truck up in Northeast Ohio!

+ Masterofallz on July 30th, 2008 at 1:02 pm said:

“Missouri misses out on all the Fun..”

Always. :(

+ GGCAN on July 30th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

This sounds fantastic, however, your other regions should get some of these activities going as well.

Canada is right beside the US and I hardly ever hear anything from the Canadian PS3 team.

+ Andronicus on July 30th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

this is cool and all, but whats going on with life with playstation?

+ NeoTechni on July 30th, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

Any chance of a docking bay for PSP with a USB port + Bluetooth to let us use SIXAXIS/Dual Shock 3 controllers (and maybe the PS3 bluray remote)? I’d love that for TV out.

+ erico316 on July 30th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

come to nyc.i want to try out a few other big hitter game that are in my must buy game list.

+ Eternity_Viper_Snake on July 30th, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

i agree w/Scodo_Thope yoy do need to come to Texas the biggest state (i still belive) come one

P.S. who took that pic you know there were taking cause those 2 chicks LOL… ;)

+ blkant on July 30th, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

Please tell me there will be highlights/video on PSN for those of us who can’t make it or have satellite/cable, PLEASE!!! =(

+ erico316 on July 30th, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

also make a music store.where we can buy a full cd that we can move over to any portable music player.people back this idea and we will get it.

+ erico316 on July 30th, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

also maybe we can preview a few song before a cd release in home.

+ zak138 on July 30th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

Everyone knows that Alaska is the BIGGEST state in the Union. Aside from that, AK is where the PS experience needs to visit…

+ outkast32 on July 30th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

is playstation lifestyle still on schedule?

+ outkast32 on July 30th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

i ment life with playstation….opps

lol thats a website

+ WHAT on July 30th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

Same photos already used here once before.
Fail.

+ Thetruefiziks on July 30th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

NICE.. IN CHICAGO!!!!

+ MidnightBlues on July 30th, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

I live in California so its cool that I could go if I wanted to….its still out of my way though….and I am too high to drive.

cool though, I wonder if it will be filmed at all? so I can see what I am missing?

+ blkant on July 30th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

no love for florida ever =(

+ PSPsGTghOost on July 30th, 2008 at 3:13 pm said:

Any plans to come out and hold an event in Toronto, Canada?

+ C-h-a-o-s on July 30th, 2008 at 3:14 pm said:

Yeah seriously, where’s the sunshine state love (I think that’s what Floriduh is called).

+ X1rtam on July 30th, 2008 at 4:53 pm said:

Not to brag but WAHOO I’m within an hour of that place, gonna see if I can go on Friday. I’m not really going for the X Games either, I have to try LittleBigPlanet haha! Oh, and maybe I’ll try my hand at the GT5P competition, though I play that with a DS3 much more often than with my Driving Force, simply because it’s an older wheel and I’m usually too lazy to bring it out haha.

+ X1rtam on July 30th, 2008 at 5:03 pm said:

So the website you linked to says “The Home Depot Center offers free admission and parking on Friday,” and that’s where the PS3 truck is going to be right?

+ davivman on July 31st, 2008 at 6:53 am said:

Be careful, I hear a super villain named DarkMane is trying to destroy the X Games with conformity and well starched athletic uniforms. Seeing as he has an army of loyal minions, there is a very good chance that all originality will be annihilated.

+ X1rtam on August 1st, 2008 at 10:03 am said:

Not sure if anyone from the blog staff is reading this, but I’m gonna go down there very soon! I hope the GT5P tournament either hasn’t begun or is open for a few hours, though all that really matters to me is that sweet, sweet LBP!!!