PS4-Watch_Dogs

Bionic Commando: Rearmed behind the scenes

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Aug 01, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

With the release of BCR just around the corner, I’d like to present to you a video called “Making of Bionic Commando: Rearmed – Part 2”. It’s part of a three-part series that gives you insights into the development of one of the most anticipated titles of the year. (You can find the first movie around the web or via the PlayStation Store).

I also want to thank you all for your support of 1942: Joint Strike. We’re going to hold a contest next week over at www.capcom-unity.com to show our appreciation. Thanks again and I’ll holla back next week.

PAGE 1 2

+ JordanBlack68 on August 1st, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

Sweet, Any Trophy Support or In-Game Music Support ? Thanks

+ darkos87 on August 1st, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

video’s not working for me.

+ darkos87 on August 1st, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

ok it is now :) nice thx

+ chaosatom333 on August 1st, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

So it has co-op offline and online?

How long is the game? How many hours?

+ John Diamonon on August 1st, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

Co-op play is offline but superb. With multiplayer modes, challenge rooms and the main game offering, BCR has more content than any digital title available.

+ stewey on August 1st, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

Nice! I’ll have to get the game when it comes.

+ gardea on August 1st, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

I saw it on the PSN.

Btw, I was going to buy the original Bionic Commando for NES for $3, but I forgot to go back !! :(

Hopefully it’s still there next week.

+ chaosatom333 on August 1st, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

when is it releasing?

+ Fersis on August 1st, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

@1 JordanBlack68
If they didnt post any of that is that is not suported.
Dont worry ,this month we get Uncharted and NOVASTRIKE trophies.

+ TouchyEd on August 1st, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

“One of the most anticipated titles of the year…”

…um….okay…

+ seafea on August 1st, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

@9 Hey man. What are you talking about? Don’t compare this to that shovelware crap like Resistance 2 or Grand Theft Auto 4. This is HQ stuff.

+ Supraking on August 1st, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

Good1

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 1st, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

SWEET! Glad it’s going to be on 360 too!

+ hyperslug on August 1st, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

These countdown video are prety neat, but they just make the wait even harder :). This game is going to steal a loooooot of my nights…

+ Captain Fury on August 1st, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

I will need a bigger HDD….If capcom keeps this Digital love :)

+ Supraking on August 1st, 2008 at 12:36 pm said:

NDfg

+ Joe on August 1st, 2008 at 12:44 pm said:

Thanks for the cool info again John Diamonon.

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 5:50 pm said:

You\’re welcome Joe!

+ DryvBy on August 1st, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

@1,
Yes, in a previous blog they said via a Patch. Along with 1942.

+ Dann7978 on August 1st, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

how much is it??
i bought 1942 joint strike last week it was sick

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

Only $9.99!

+ LiquidSun on August 1st, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

I have a 320GB disk in my PS3, keep the digital downloads coming! ;)

+ Spaceghost4284 on August 1st, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

i can guarantee you that i will not purchase this without trophy support.

+ SicboyGS on August 1st, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

I just want to know one thing… Are you still planning on releasing the demo on the same day as the game or can we please get it a week or so earlier?

+ SicboyGS on August 1st, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

@ 20 Spaceghost4284

Trophy support has been confirmed as a patch for later.

+ WHAT on August 1st, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

Was this a free episode of that 70′s show?

Nothing in life, makes me anymore sick than John, from Capcom.

+ John Diamonon on August 1st, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

I suggest you get one.

+ SantanaClaus89 on August 1st, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

What’s up, John?

I’m SO hyped for BC:R! The word going around right now is that we will see the PSN release of BC:R on August 14th.

Is there any way you could confirm or deny this for us? (If you’re allowed, that is.)

+ John Diamonon on August 1st, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

Hey Santana. I can\’t confirm a date today, just now that it\’s real soon.

+ TouchyEd on August 1st, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

24 replies. Two of them mine. Not exactly toppin’ the list of anticipated titles.

+ TheHater on August 1st, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

” insights into the development of one of the most anticipated titles of the year”
I want to know where you got that information from? If you don’t mind, can you post a link

+ findaway on August 1st, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

Video doesnt work for me.. but thats ok, its in my queue of downloads from the PSN store, im excited about this game.

This is off topic, but now that 1942 was mentioned.. i thought we were getting a demo shortly after release? i’ve already seen it running on the 360, just curious.

+ John Diamonon on August 1st, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

The 1942 demo will be up next week.

+ WHAT on August 1st, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

@28

Your excited for a game that does not take advantage of the system you play it on? Why not just save your money and go buy a pogo stick. Better to We make a game, than give PS3 USERS that paid your way here a break. Time to burn the village I think. No more tipping off the Press.

@25

Give it to am good, r,e,a,l, good. When you sprout some, comeback to give an insightful comment.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I hope this helps. I bleed with every word.
Sorry for the delay. It was out of my control/.

+ John Diamonon on August 1st, 2008 at 3:26 pm said:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUY BCR!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUY BCR!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Have a great weekend!

+ FritoZ on August 1st, 2008 at 3:16 pm said:

wow, i totally had a flashback when i saw one of the redone levels, i atually recognized it from the game, a game which i haven’t palyed in like 15 years!

nice!

looking forward to a demo!

QUESTION:

Will there be trophies or custom soundtracks?

YES/NO answers preferred!

thanks!

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

Trophies – Soon.

+ FritoZ on August 1st, 2008 at 3:17 pm said:

sorry about the spelling, i’m drunk.

D-R-U-N-C-K

+ geo2211 on August 1st, 2008 at 3:27 pm said:

COOL

+ PirateThom on August 1st, 2008 at 3:29 pm said:

I just bought the Original for my NES from eBay (£3/$6 including delivery), so I’m definitely looking forward to rearmed… dare you price match for me? :D

I kid, I’ll buy it once it’s out in Europe.

+ Ravn on August 1st, 2008 at 3:29 pm said:

Greetings from Grin-neighbour Norway

First off, the game looks great. Can’t wait to get my mitts on it. It seems that You have managed to keep the old things that made Bionic Commando great intact and added some extra content to make it more nu-gen.

I am sure alot of people are in the same boat as me – being a owner of both Xbox 360 and PS3. I was planning to buy it on my PS3 due to the fan/trey-noise on the Xbox 360. But…

Will there be trophies (not “thinking about it”, but more of a determined yes or no, if You can) and will there be custom soundtracks (the music we have heard from the game seems great but some times You just want to blow things up while listening to Soundgarden).

Good luck on the release :)

Best Regards

Kim

+ Koroshiya on August 1st, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

Hey John, don’t let the trolls get you down. Those of us who grew up in the NES era know how good of a game this really is. A few years back my friend and I were talking about how Bionic Commando should be remade because it was so awesome. You guys made that dream come true. I am looking forward to BCR more than any other PSN title this year. Keep up the good work, all of the videos I’ve seen look amazing.

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 12:55 am said:

Nah, just having fun with them! It\’s all in good fun. Yeah, BC was one of my fave NES games. You won\’t be disappointed with this remake.

+ Top_Shelf on August 1st, 2008 at 3:38 pm said:

This looks great and I can’t wait to get my hands on this game. The Simon guy talking in the video reminds me of myself a little… I remember tracing the outlines of the SF2 characters on my SNES, programing a drawing program in Pascal and then tracing the drawings I made into my PC… Then programing some basic fighting moves for a PC version of the game. :) Of course I never finished it, but it was fun way to learn and I was huge fan back then.

I had the opportunity to interview the PR guy at Capcom at the time (while I was in 7th grade I think) and did a project for school based on that interview… Good times.

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 5:54 pm said:

Cool story.

+ Captain Fury on August 1st, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

whats with the new hate for John? (there was none at the begining)

all he does is keep us updated on Capcom and he actually listens.

hopefully this trolls dont scare John away from the PS blog…

+ WHAT on August 1st, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

So awesome.

Go go go! You just made my weekend.
I’ll buy it. I kind of have to now.

I called Walmart and ask if they had John Diamonon on sale and recorded it. Wait for it.

+ SicboyGS on August 1st, 2008 at 3:47 pm said:

Look, I’m happy as a pig in mud that you take the time out of your day to post on this blog, John, but I feel as if I’m being ignored on the subject of the demo. No big deal, I just feel belittled since you’ll comment telling one individual to get a life and yet still look over a fan of Capcom as a whole.

I love Capcom and BC:R is THE MOST anticipated title for me this year, I was just hoping to get some confirmation/denial on if the demo will be out early or not. It’d make others, who may not be buying day one like me, into true believers as far as what this game has to offer us.

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 12:52 am said:

There will be a demo. I just have to check if it will be available at launch. When I find out, I\’ll comment back.

+ Daver on August 1st, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

This game is going to be awesome, i’m not a fan of bionic commando, and honestly the new bionic commando in 3d does not interest me at all but this version on the PSN will be great! I think its a must buy.

On another note, some people think that because they are on the internet they can say wathever they want, would you say the same thing if that person was in front of you? you are pathetic

+ Cinos123 on August 1st, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

How many challenge rooms?

+ faxian on August 1st, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

videos on the blog don’t work anymore.

+ Daver on August 1st, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

@40

shut up, its not because he is a game developper that he cant comment on how someone was rude toward him for no reason
Some have to learn how to be polite

+ JBruno on August 1st, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

John, I´m a big fan of the Bionic Commando first release in videogames( NES )and something its worring me: this version of the game is identical in levels or something is missing from original?

+ Koroshiya on August 1st, 2008 at 3:57 pm said:

@ Wip3ou7
I think his response to the comment telling that idiot to get a life was well justified. A bunch of morons sit on this site all day refreshing constantly so they can post troll comments all day long. It’s about time the guest posters from these companies get a little respect on this blog. They come here on their own time and give us info, and a bunch of ungrateful children with nothing better to do on their Summer break do nothing but make stupid comments.

You people need to grow up and realize you can’t always have everything you want. To everyone from Capcom and other companies who visit this site, believe me when I say we welcome your posts, and please realize that the idiot trolls here are a small minority of what the community represents.

+ VenomX on August 1st, 2008 at 3:59 pm said:

Does this game support remote play? It’s already a day 1 purchase. This is a huge game for me. One of the biggest games this year for me. Bringing back old memories.

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 5:59 pm said:

Remote play FTW!

+ VenomX on August 1st, 2008 at 4:03 pm said:

That guy should get a damn life. If you don’t like the game then don’t comment you idiot. You guys should appreciate the fact that Capcom even bothered to do this. They didn’t have to do this.

+ Sieghardt on August 1st, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

The only way John from capcom could kick more butt would be if he announced Breath of Fire 6

do it do it do it do it do it do it

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 5:58 pm said:

I\’ll pass the info along to our dev team.

+ PSPsGTghOost on August 1st, 2008 at 4:13 pm said:

I honestly would have got this game if it supported trophies.

Im not asking for rumble support, nor in-game music, not Youtube upload support, or remote play support, just some TROPHIES!!!!!!

+ wolverine81 on August 1st, 2008 at 4:45 pm said:

John,

I know this is kinda off topic, but can you guys take a look at the online and mic support in 1942. I’ve had a lot of issue’s with them. When you go into a match even if you select voice chat “on” the word next to voice chat will change from on to off and vice versa repeatedly. Then when in the match you don’t have any mic support. I have tried both wired and bluetooth mic’s. I’ve also had some complete disconnects in the middle of the game. Other than that the game is great and I’m really enjoying it.

+ John Diamonon on August 2nd, 2008 at 1:08 am said:

I\’ll pass this on to QA. Anyone else having the same problem?

+ wolverine81 on August 1st, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

Also, I’m really looking forward to BCR! Can’t wait man! You guys at Capcom are doing a great job!

PAGE 1 2