Far Cry 4

Set Course for Booty this August

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Aug 01, 2008 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

We’re incredibly excited to announce that Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty will be available for download on the PlayStation Network Store on August 21st for $14.99. Even better news: Q4B will also be available in Europe on the 21st, and in Japan on August 22nd.

Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty Island Vista

For those of you who don’t know much about Quest for Booty, Ratchet continues the search for his missing mate, Clank, in this pirate-themed sequel to Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Even though Q4B is a downloadable game, it packs all of the AAA-production punch you’ve come to expect from every Insomniac Games title.

As for the gameplay, Q4B focuses heavily on exploration and platforming, along with some of new experimental action for the franchise. For example, Ratchet will use the new kinetic tether on his Wrench to manipulate the environment, and he’ll use elements such as light and shadows to his advantage.

We think Quest for Booty is perfect for existing Ratchet & Clank fans and players new to the franchise. If you’ve been a fan over the years, you’ll be compelled to help solve the mystery of Clank’s kidnapping and if you’re just getting started, Quest for Booty offers a great entry point with and action-packed 3-4 hour experience for almost the same price as a movie ticket. Plus, Q4B has pirates… and booty… and it’s really fun to say “Quest for Booty” out loud with a pirate accent.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ blahblahbloo on August 1st, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

Or to Quest for Booty, for that matter?

+ Frazz on August 1st, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

After R2 comes out will trophy patches for past games be possible.

Im hoping for a possible yes

+ GL0cKoP0P on August 1st, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

@Fersis

i understand but how many others no that besides you me and maybe few others that are as tech savvy?.. what i mean by a standards system is that it would help to advertise to gamers and potential customers any features that they may be expecting a certain software title to have by using a standard system similar to that of the ESRB or the W3C for example.. At first an explanation for each standard could be provided until they were widely recognized. If you look at a box under a TV and see the DISC logo most people will think that box can play a DVD that is the type of eye contact product feature recognition that I am talking about with a system like this.

The API’s are definitely mandatory and your absolutely correct, but many people in fact most people may not even know what API means..
Application Programming Interface(for those that are wondering)

I get what your saying though and it was just a suggestion I had ATM so I posted it…
I don’t say much here but I felt it may worth offering it up to any devs of bigwigs that may happen to stop by and read the blog.
CheerS!

+ Fersis on August 1st, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

If i remember correctly ,SCE is doing that with rumble and HOME support , they put a little icon on the games box.

Cheers man

+ willacuz on August 1st, 2008 at 12:49 pm said:

I misread this, i thought this was Jeff Reubeinstein.

Jsteve, Ratchet rocks. keep up the good work.

+ frostquake on August 1st, 2008 at 12:58 pm said:

James???
#16 I asked what the install size of Q4B would be, do you know that just yet?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on August 1st, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

Varies greatly by territory (due to number of laungages, etc.). Over 1GB though for the PSN.

+ azad_champ on August 1st, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

Epic!

+ yungder on August 1st, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

Will this game be in full HD (1080p)?

PSN: yungder

+ TheApprentice on August 1st, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

Hey James…
thx for the update on this new Ratchet title…

But can you clarify one thing for me regarding Resistance 2 since you work at Insomniac :P

Can you confir if it will feature splitscreen co-op as in Resistance 1?

Or is it only online co-op?

Please answer…
and thanks :)

+ GL0cKoP0P on August 1st, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

@Fersis
lol
yep your right they do. They also have a few others as well. It was just a suggestion at the moment. I think there doing a great job currently just thought that their were a few things that were worth mentioning that’s all:)

+ BZKlint on August 1st, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

I read on PSX Extreme, that the PSN cards should start becoming more common place soon, If they do, I guess I’ll have to get this one :)

+ Spaceghost4284 on August 1st, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

Say it with me now…NO TROPHIES, NO PURCHASE!!!

+ El-Suave on August 1st, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

The German Amazon site lists the Blu Ray release for Sept. 17th. Don’t know if they’re right, but it’s a date…

+ Stoffinator on August 1st, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

Stop bringing these things to blu ray only in Europe. Everybody should be able to buy them on Bluray rather then downloads. Downloads suck!

+ EViD on August 1st, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

Hi James, I got a question for you: if I buy the European blu-ray version, can I still install the game and play it without the disk?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on August 1st, 2008 at 3:51 pm said:

Nope, you\’ll need the disc in the drive to play.

+ benzboi92 on August 1st, 2008 at 3:34 pm said:

MUST buy for me. The only Insomniac game I don’t own is Disruptor (Please make it a download, please).

+ zombiefriend on August 1st, 2008 at 3:47 pm said:

im excited. im planning on getting a bigger hard drive soon, so size isnt rly a problem for me :3

+ robmv on August 1st, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

@Stoffinator

I am with you, I do not like game downloads (there are games that fit that model but R&C is not one of them). The reason that developers want to push downloads is to limit game resale, I do not know how much that will last. I think that if someday all games became only downloadable, someone will try to use legal system to return the capability of resale/transfer to the owner.

I am not crying fault here, in all my gamer life I have only sold two games (still have that awful Transformers game, but I am not that bad to sale something that bad to anyone, I have tried but still feel remorse lol).

I am afraid of the future, when Sony/MS/Nintendo decide to say, “well, these games are old so we are shutting down the download servers”, like happens with console multiplayer games

+ PSPsGTghOost on August 1st, 2008 at 4:01 pm said:

What the hell!!!! “most of Q4B team is on vacation”!!!! and there is no trophies in the game because u say of work to be done on R2! You lazy guys!

+ EViD on August 1st, 2008 at 4:31 pm said:

@ 119 PSPsGTghOost

Lazy? They put a game every year (actually two games THIS year). I wouldn’t call that lazy and I wouldn’t want R2 delayed/flawed so Q4B could include Trophies.

+ libregkd_117 on August 1st, 2008 at 4:45 pm said:

@119

That made me laugh. Seriously, as EViD said. Insomniac puts out a game every every. And not only that, they are great games.

Anyway, great news on the release date. $5 of entertainment an hour.. Not a bad deal at all.

+ BabeBro on August 1st, 2008 at 4:51 pm said:

Why is that Sony is being so hesitant to release games on Bluray in the US? I mean jeesh. First Siren: Blood Curse is almost 10GB’s, and now once again we are forced to download yet another title that is being released on Bluray somewhere else. No offense, but are you people trying to make us run out of memory on purpose?

I mean I upgraded to a 320GB HDD for my PS3, but still. I’d rather use most of that for music and movies. An install from games wouldn’t be an issue, but I don’t want to fill my harddrive with downloadable games either.

+ PSPsGTghOost on August 1st, 2008 at 4:52 pm said:

Shut you two! I dont care the Insomniacs make a million games a year, as long as all of them support trophies Im good ;)

+ Ramage on August 1st, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

Hey James,
I was looking at the blog today while at work and wanted to thank you for all the immediate feedback you’ve been giving commenters. I see quite a few posts from Sony people where they don’t respond to questions, not even to say “we can’t say”. So thank you for being so gung ho about replying!

And thanks to the rest of insomniac for creating great games. As with the others I am disappointed to be missing out on trophies for previous games but I would much rather look forward and have you continue making astounding games than go back and fix what isn’t broken.

One question I do have is how ‘big’ is the game? I suppose it would be best to compare the time and size of the adventure of Ratchet and Clank Future. I know in my head I’m thinking it will be about 1/4 of R&CF based on price alone but I was wondering if you could comment on this.

Another Huge Fan
[R a m a g e]

+ ironduck on August 1st, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

lol nice one…from some of the blog guys here xD

the PSNcards exist…omg maybe he is not from the us maybe europe?maybe every other country outside the us…

+ Sancho45 on August 1st, 2008 at 5:32 pm said:

James first off I’d like to say I love the first Resistance game. I don’t own it, but I’ve beaten it and plan on buying it especially since it’s a greatest hit now. I had never played Ratchet and Clank before ToD, but loved that too, beat it in only three days though. I was amazed at the gameplay video from E3 in HD on my new 1080p tv. I wish you could make fans blow when that leviathon was screaming with some awesome bass…… anyway just wanted to say awesome games, keep them coming can’t wait to buy R2 sorry I took so much of your time, but just wanted to share the love.

+ GGCAN on August 1st, 2008 at 5:43 pm said:

Looks like another great game sequel.

+ twooh on August 1st, 2008 at 7:05 pm said:

———————–

——————-

——————–

Almost the same price as a movie ticket ($14.99)? What theater are you watching at? That’s the cost of 2 movie tickets for me.

And no blu-ray release? Do you ever think about people with bandwidth limits or slow speed? And also, I like having a physical disk that I can keep with my console for when my son is older (collection) and still be able to play it.

SCEA is really close to losing me as a dedicated sony playstation user.

I guess this is 2 games sony will keep me from buying. And 1 more strike for me to sell this ps3.

————————-
————————

—————————–

+ un-discovered on August 1st, 2008 at 10:10 pm said:

Kinda disappointed about the no trophies or in-game… If this were any other game i would not even think about buying it… But dang, i just love R&C.

+ Badger3920 on August 1st, 2008 at 11:49 pm said:

I’m a bit disappointed about the trophies and custom soundtracks issue too – but that’s on Sony, not Insomniac.

What I’m FLOORED about is how awesome James and Insomniac are. How cool is it that James is in here sticking it out through all the complaining and hard questions.

Very stand up job. I’ve never played the ratchet and clank titles (except for a demo) – but I’ll buy this on principle, simply because of the way Insomniac and its employees conduct themselves. Very impressed that James is will to cover almost all of the reasonable questions.

This is the epitomy of how this blog should work.

+ SinsToJudge on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:48 am said:

#128; Cry more.

Can’t wait for this title. For once, I’m glad I live in a PAL region, I’ll be picking up both Quest for Booty and SIREN: Blood Curse when they release on BluRay. Any word on how long after the PSN release the BluRay versions will hit?

+ twooh on August 2nd, 2008 at 6:09 am said:

@128. Why do you say that.

Then go off and rub in that you’ll buy it on Blu-ray? You’re a trick.

+ twooh on August 2nd, 2008 at 6:10 am said:

Mis type. I mean @ 131.Why do you say that.

Then go off and rub in that you’ll buy it on Blu-ray? You’re a trick.

+ swoboda on August 2nd, 2008 at 9:20 am said:

Registered just to say thanks! I LOVE ToD. That was my intro to the R&C series, but with backwards compatibility, I’ve jumped into the PS2 titles now. Going Commando is currently kicking my butt. Gonna be sweet to get a new PS3 title. I’ll be camping out in front of my TV until then. :)

+ EBE on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:52 am said:

I Hope you’ll receive the success you deserved for ratchet clack future!!

Too few PS3, only “old” player (I’m 31, started with the C64) who probably thought your game was for kids.. and here a great game with poor success !!

Anyway, I hope this time you’ll get the success !!

ps: An idea? please add trophies to Ratchet, via a patch. Like Naughty do with uncharted !
You’ll give a second birth to your game !
which deserve 10x more than uncharted !

+ Streetglow49 on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:28 pm said:

i love ratchet and clank game. so this is great news for me. are you gona have to use psn card to buy it?? and were can u find them?

+ Streetglow49 on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

were can u buy the psn cards?

+ Kedaro on August 2nd, 2008 at 8:45 pm said:

Hey James, you guys have probably heard this from me a million times by now, but keep up the great work, we appreciate the steady flow of grade A games…

I remember last generation, Insomniac Games was just another one of the ‘greats’, This generation you’re all shaping up to be ‘the greatest’.

We’re proud to be Insomniac fans here in the Kedaro house.

+ babybluedb on August 3rd, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

awsome is there anything that you guys at insomniac cant do great news on patches for trphies on R@ and i heard there is a new spiro coming out keep it up and i am surely going to pick up rachet and clank QFB as some as i find those PSN cards

+ teenermeener on August 3rd, 2008 at 7:30 pm said:

All of these games should have custom tracks, leave it up to the player to chose what he or she wants to listen to

+ teenermeener on August 3rd, 2008 at 7:34 pm said:

We want custom tracks and trophies, not only for this game. It should be for every game from here on out. We know it can be done.

+ Onna76_NL on August 4th, 2008 at 12:28 am said:

Hopefully I’m not too late. I have the US version of Ratchet & Clank TOD (living in Europe), does it matter if I buy the blu ray version of Quest for Booty, or does the game need the save of TOD?

+ Onna76_NL on August 5th, 2008 at 4:14 am said:

Blast no one responds anymore :-(

+ LilMermaidGirl on August 5th, 2008 at 7:55 pm said:

I think the comments about not adding trophies because its too late in development is alittle… sorry. I mean, PJ Eden just came out and launched with trophies. It must of been closer to finished since it is already out than QFB since that isnt releasing for another 3 weeks or so. So if Eden had time to get trophies into it I dont see why QFB doesnt considerng its coming out later. I dont mean to be a sour bum here, I know Insomniac is busy with R2 but they must of had a team workinbg on QFB since it is coming out. I dont see why they wont have a part of that team add trophies before the release comes up. It bumms me out cause I like trophies and now I will wait for this until/if it evers get patched.

+ Egyptian_American on August 6th, 2008 at 9:01 pm said:

I just have two very small questions regarding this game and also future Insomniac Games. If an answer is provided, i would greatly appreciate it. I am sorry if these questions have been asked before in these comments and/or if they were answered elsewhere.

1) Will future Insomniac Games including Resistance 2 support in-game XMB custom soundtrack/music that was part of the 2.40 Firmware update? I am asking this since you say Resistance 2 will have Trophy support.

2) Also, is there any chance that say Q4B can be patched in the future like after Resistance 2 is released to include in-game XMB custom music support and Trophies.

Thank you for reading this and your hard work for making games in the overall sense of things. :-)

+ kornkid52 on August 12th, 2008 at 9:05 pm said:

all we need is for insomniac to release more psn games what about some QWARK VID-COMICS like the ones in R&C:UYA. please please please

+ shadowrep on August 16th, 2008 at 5:09 pm said:

dam i wish that you guys could patch this game to have trophies dotn care for in game music

+ dinkin-flicka on August 21st, 2008 at 2:52 pm said:

James, you and everyone else in Insomniac are awesome. I would imagine your team to be one of the busiest team of developers in the industry, delivering to use four great games within the span of two years. You deserve all the praise you get. Keep up the great work!

+ zachattack15669 on August 23rd, 2008 at 11:21 am said:

What if your internet don’t support ps3. Is there a bluray copy coming out?

PAGE 1 2 3