Paragon

Aug 04

Aug 04

More BioShock Trophy Details

Tynan Wales's Avatar Posted by Designer, BioShock PS3

Hello again readers. I am Tynan Wales, a game designer here at 2K Marin and I’m happy to bring you more tidbits from the BioShock vaults.

BIOSHOCK PS3 BOX ART

There have been many questions regarding the trophy system in BioShock for the PLAYSTATION 3, and we are glowing from the attention. As some of the trophy criteria noted in our last post seemed familiar, some drew the conclusion that the PS3 wouldn’t have unique trophies. That is not the case.

As BioShock for the PLAYSTATION 3 continues its ascent from the depths we have assembled new information regarding the trophies that will be available to players. Specifically, we have new intelligence on the trophies which are unique to BioShock for the PLAYSTATION 3.

rosie market sad little sis

“A Man Chooses” is the first of these golden trophies and is reserved for those with the courage to complete Survivor difficulty. Its name is meant, in the words of Andrew Ryan, father of Rapture, to remind you that a man chooses because in Survivor mode every choice could mean the difference between life and death.

The final trial for any committed BioShock player is “I Chose The Impossible”. This trophy is named appropriately as attaining it will make even the most self-assured gamesman into a shaking leaf. To make this your own, you must complete BioShock on Survivor difficulty with the Vita-Chambers turned off.

DLC Ferris

Each of these shining treasures can only be found on the PLAYSTATION 3. So tense up your trigger finger and polish your diving helmet, you will need them at the ready.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

ftwrthtx said:

August 4th, 9:55 am

I’ll definitely be getting this game day 1. Thanks for the info.

XxBigP123xX said:

August 4th, 9:58 am

@ Seba501

Bye.

Day one.

GL0cKoP0P said:

August 4th, 9:59 am

can anyone tell me when this months issue of QORE will be out? Thank you very much.

This game looks great and it’s definitely going to be on my list of must have titles. The trophy support just seals the deal for me.

Thank you as always for the update.

QORE? QORE?

Ghostm said:

August 4th, 9:59 am

Not a big fan of FPS’ but, I’ll buy BioShock just for the Trophy support. Thanks for the update.

LoLskilled87 said:

August 4th, 10:01 am

bioshock was amazing on 360, and now its for ps3 yay!!!

jpwilson25 said:

August 4th, 10:05 am

Definitely getting this day one.

@GL0cKoP0P
– It comes out the first Thursday of every month… with the store update.

PROWLL said:

August 4th, 10:09 am

Yay, exclusive trophies, all the content from te other consoles, exclusive downloadable content and much more, IM TOTAL BUYING THE GAMR

darkwing_uop said:

August 4th, 10:09 am

Day 1

theownerz said:

August 4th, 10:11 am

one word “sweet”

wolverine81 said:

August 4th, 10:11 am

What is the release date for bioshock?

Shelby221 said:

August 4th, 10:11 am

I am so looking forward to this game!!! However I am concerned about the challenge rooms. Are they going to cost money? My justification is that if you charge a full $60 for a game that came out 14 months ago and can be bought for $15 on steam, shouldn’t the DLC be free? Considering ports like lost planet were $40. I’ll wait and see, unless you guys have some more PS3 exclusive content then I dont know if I can justify a 14 month old $60 port.

PS I don’t mean to sound negative. This holiday season has SOOOO many games and I dont quite have THAT much money for all of them. HAHAHA

Jeigh said:

August 4th, 10:13 am

I’m still a little worried about what I’ve heard that DLC is actually already being prepared. It’s not really my problem, but I don’t like the idea.

Thanks for the update on the trophies. We’ll be hearing from you again in the near future, I assume. Until then, take care of yourselves.

kingxtreme81 said:

August 4th, 10:14 am

Can’t wait to play this masterpiece again.

Tynan, can you please let us know if you’ll be offering the collector’s edition that you offered on the 360 version for the much anticipated PS3 version of BioShock?

Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Clippins said:

August 4th, 10:17 am

Thanks for the info on unique PS3 trophies. The box art looks great. Can we assume then that with the box art being revealed and everything that a Collector’s Edition version of Bioshock won’t be coming to the PS3?

W0lfMAN21 said:

August 4th, 10:17 am

Trophy support in “BIOSHOCK” seems solid to me.
Good to know they are not the same as the
“other console’s”.

Thanks for the news.

whatisdelicious said:

August 4th, 10:18 am

Wow, I don’t think I’m going to get either of those trophies. I guess I’m just not a masochist.

But I really wish you guys had just kept the 360/PC’s box art for the PS3 version. Their version makes the Big Daddy look so much more intimidating and even majestic. Plus, I really don’t think that a Little Sister should be on the cover anyway. I think the best way for people to experience the Little Sister for the first time is in the gameplay. It’s a fantastic sequence when you first meet the Little Sister and Big Daddy.

Dorian_D said:

August 4th, 10:26 am

Awesome post. I’m really look forward to this game!

pause422 said:

August 4th, 10:26 am

Qore for this month is coming out this Thursday btw,the 7th. And damn that one trophie seems like a good challenge(beat it on survivor with no vital chambers on) can’t to get it!

Lootskin said:

August 4th, 10:27 am

What’s the release date of this awesome title?

Neo217 said:

August 4th, 10:27 am

I cant wait for this game to come out, its gonna be awsome.

C-h-a-o-s said:

August 4th, 10:28 am

Nice, I don’t know if i’ll be able to afford it with Socom and R2 coming out around the same time but when I do have some extra cash it will be a def buy. Will there be a SE? When it came out for the xbox I oogled at the bigdaddy it came with, me wants one!

Richlando said:

August 4th, 10:33 am

Must have title,thanks for the update!!

JBruno said:

August 4th, 10:34 am

oh man, this “I Chose The Impossible” must be harder that this PixelJunk Eden trophies… i dont deserve that :(

BTW day one for me. Love Bioshock in PC.

TheApprentice said:

August 4th, 10:34 am

Joker’s voice:
“Why so difficult?”

This would surely be a challenge.
The one with the Vita chambers turned off..

Does that mean if you die you have to start the game over from the beginning?

Or you just restart that particular level?

If its the first option…I doubt I’ll ever do that..
The 2nd though seems possible.

Shaqneel said:

August 4th, 10:34 am

All the support they’re giving to the ps3 version sounds great. Of course exclusive trophies are an excellent addition. Definite buy for me!

amante said:

August 4th, 10:39 am

According to Amazon.com, the release is October 21st 2008. They are usually pretty good with the release dates of things so I think this could be pretty reliable.

stewey said:

August 4th, 10:42 am

SWEET!! I already have this game preordered :D

Chrisrahosiris said:

August 4th, 10:43 am

I am happy to see that there is a lot of effort being put into making this title special on the PS3. I will be buying it because of this.

TheInfectedBy590 said:

August 4th, 10:44 am

I can’t wait, is there a release date for it yet?

TheHater said:

August 4th, 10:47 am

Will be getting this game. Love it on the xbox 360, and will love it even more on the PS3 :).

BHard said:

August 4th, 10:51 am

This was my favorite 360 game last holiday season and for good reason. The game is amazing. I can’t wait to play this on the PS3 and see all the new content it will offer. I can’t wait to revisit Rapture and all those looney residents ! !

alexbhp said:

August 4th, 10:51 am

Great, I’m getting it, Trophies, I’m glad that not a lot of games have trophies today, so I can buy them as they come out.

Question:

Will the challenge rooms be included in the PS3 versions? If not, are they going to be sold on PSN?

(Side Note: Uncharted is supposed to receive the update for trophies on August 22nd or something, Europe received it today!!!.) I would not mind waiting since I only got half of the Eden trophies.

amante said:

August 4th, 10:53 am

@TheInfectedBy590

See my post. #26

Onna76_NL said:

August 4th, 10:54 am

I play Uncharted and MGS4 with great love, is this game something for me as well? Despite the fact its FPS.

darkos87 said:

August 4th, 11:04 am

Isn’t this like… the hardest trophy ever?… yikes, I still haven’t managed to finish bioshock on my pc, too spooky for me… :( If you tell me I’ll be fighting bunnies instead of all those freaks in Bioshock I’ll buy the ps3 version day 1! lol

GeminiBoy said:

August 4th, 11:15 am

@ 34

If you NEVER liked first person games before, this WILL make you a fan.
VERY VERY well made game. This is coming from someone who LOVED both of those games you mentioned.

Kamakazikenny said:

August 4th, 11:21 am

Wo steady on their. This seems like your now just trying to squeeze money out of us.

At e3 you revealed the exclusive DLC. Why make it DLC? Why not have it on the disc if you already made it? Its going to be a full price game even though we get it a year and 3 months later. plus if we want more we have to pay. That doesnt sound right to me.

Where did the HOME logo go on the box? There used to be a HOME icon on it.

GGCAN said:

August 4th, 11:36 am

Sounds very promising and a definate buy for me.

Delriach said:

August 4th, 11:42 am

Thanks for the news of unique trophies. Also, for anyone who has Uncharted. I can confirm that the US just got its update now.

SyphonFilter said:

August 4th, 11:43 am

Definitely will be buying this game.

leetfoo said:

August 4th, 11:43 am

definitely have to grab this one if it supports 1080 output (native or scaled).

byron_hinson said:

August 4th, 11:44 am

Just a note – Uncharted patch is out for the U.S and Europe now.

Puscifer said:

August 4th, 11:45 am

Mouse & Keyboard support???

Really wish PS3 developers would utilize one of the best benefits it has for control options when it comes to FPS & TPS games.

Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Bioshock, they should all have Mouse & Keyboard support, alas they probably do not.

kristopher.w said:

August 4th, 11:49 am

i am truly so happy that Bioshock finally has come to the PS3 (in 2 months speaking, that is). of all the pc games i have ever owned, Bioshock was one of my favorites. Just having this game alone makes my PS3 purchase worthwhile. thanks Sony.

box art looks tight.
it looks way darker then the PC/XB360 version.

haha XB360= bowing to PS3 this year.
clearly evident at this point.

pockeeyum1 said:

August 4th, 11:50 am

Looking forward to it!!

Spaceghost4284 said:

August 4th, 11:50 am

Why the hell is Uncharted’s trophy patch out in Europe and not the US?

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

August 4th, 11:51 am

Thanks for the supporting throphies but will it support custom soundtracks as well?? PLEASE!

I’m definitely keeping my eye on this game!

Rendermonk said:

August 4th, 11:56 am

Great…..so the only PS3 specific trophies being added, are SOOO impossible to get, it’s a joke!! Sure hope it’s not as impossible as it sounds. Lookin forward to the game and it’s trophies, just a lil disappointed in the afore mentioned about PS3 specific trophies.

gardea said:

August 4th, 11:57 am

Thanks for supporting the PS3, I’m glad to hear that we’re not just getting a port.

PSPsGTghOost said:

August 4th, 11:57 am

Will there be YouTube video upload support? Any change on remote play on the PSP? The game does support rumble right? Any in-game music support?

question questions and some more questions!

PAGE 1 2