GTAV PS4

LittleBigPlanet: Pre-order Goodness

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 05, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Hey all,

We’ve been working with our North American retailers to promote the release of LittleBigPlanet in October 2008. And now that the “planning dust” has settled, we wanted to share early details of our pre-order campaign for you to decide which item you’d like. Stay tuned for much more detail on which retailer will have what pre-order item and when to go to your favorite retailer to reserve your copy.

Here’s the master list:

The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games – This exclusive digital guide is a primer for LittleBIGPlanet’s CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels.”

2005_Brady_Logo_BLK

LittleBigStickerBook – For those of you who love to customize – this item is for you! This exclusive sticker book contains some of our favorite LBP imagery for you to apply your own ‘mash-up’ to your favorite possessions. Or take something else you own and make it your favorite!

LBP - Sticker book mock-up

LittleBigPouch – Keep your LBP game safe and protected from the elements with this exclusive burlap pouch. Its so unique and stylish, it would make a SackMother proud.

LBP pouch

Exclusive Nariko SackGirl
– SackBoy’s beware! Nariko SackGirl has been known to keep other SackBoys (and SackGirls) in check. This exclusive downloadable costume features our favorite heroine on the PS3.

LBP - Heavenly Sword Render

Exclusive Kratos SackBoy – Nuff’ said. Yes…the forum rumors were true – but the biggest question remains “why didn’t this guy smile?” Seriously, this is another exclusive downloadable costume that will elevate your SackBoy status to godlike proportions.

LBP - God of War Render

Keep an eye out for more LittleBigNews in a few days…

PAGE 1 8 9 10

+ darKStorm on August 8th, 2008 at 2:46 pm said:

I’m gonna end up forgetting to check this comment, and I really hope I don’t because it could change how LBP’s played for me (or at least make it slightly annoying).

Anywho, my question is; when 1080p is the only option selected on display settings on the ps3, does LBP upscale to 1080p? As my monitor cannot display a 720p signal properly (it cuts off a lot of the sides), but scales 1080p fine for some reason (the monitor is a 16:10 ratio).

+ ScarSlasher on August 8th, 2008 at 3:39 pm said:

Still waiting on info if you’re allowed to import pictures from the HDD and NOT the PS Eye. I assumed it already had it and it was one of the big reasons I wanted to buy the game.

+ ScarSlasher on August 8th, 2008 at 3:40 pm said:

^ Correction not JUST the PS Eye

My bad

+ Hyrgola on August 8th, 2008 at 4:48 pm said:

Hi, I read all red replies and I didn’t find answer to next question, if it’s already answered I apoligize.

Are Kratos-sackboy and Nariko-sackgirl cloth-made or another material?

+ OverlordLaharl on August 8th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

Hyrgola
They are skins for the in game sackboy/girl, Not the real thing i think :P

+ srmej on August 8th, 2008 at 7:32 pm said:

Would we be able to buy these items separate at a later time or will they only be released for preorder. cause if we have to preorder 5 copies of LBP to get the goods not gonna be fair and if you don’t you only get one and some people like me just want it all cause no mistake LBP is an awesome game and you guys are giving away awesome items and your making it hard for us to choose only one. so in the future if you guys can release the items separate that would be really cool and a lot of people would be very thankfull for this. sorry so long but thanks for taking the time to read this.

+ kungfuian on August 8th, 2008 at 11:42 pm said:

After reading through the comments I think it’s worth saying that MM has to be careful about how much they put in this game day one.

As much as we all want custom music, access to HDD textures, etc, too much stuff may make the game more complex, and thus less accessable, to the mass market.

I say focus on the quality of what’s there. Then once it’s out many of these additional things can/will likely be added based on demand (more of a service based approch based on consumer demand).

+ hectorlp on August 9th, 2008 at 5:09 am said:

kungfuian, is more complicated to import textures or images from PS EYE than importing them from the PS3 HDD… also, i dont know why sony decided to use the option of ingame music if nearly no game supports it, although LBP music seems nice

+ Hyrgola on August 9th, 2008 at 11:19 am said:

Overlord_laharl, I mean the real sackboy/girl, the ones I will receive if I pre-order LBP.

+ OverlordLaharl on August 9th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

The only real thing you receive if you pre-order is the stickers, brady manual and the brown bag for the ps3 game. Unless there is something i missed?

+ AquaFlame on August 9th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

The Kratos Sackboy DLC will be available at GAMESTOP!

I walked in to my local gamestop today, and they had a Little Big Planet sign hung up with “Limited Edition God of War costume” available with a pre order.

They do not yet have the DLC slip to hand out yet, but they’ll know closer to the game’s launch when they will be available.

Of course I jumped on the offer and pre ordered ^_^

I just find it strange how we were not informed through the Official News Site, or the blog before I found a Gamestop that knew about the promotion.

+ PHENOMENAL_OTF on August 9th, 2008 at 11:40 pm said:

I dont get it, please answer my question. Is this sack boy kratos a doll or is it a exclusive download character you get if you pre-order LittleBigPlanet?

+ SirRadG on August 10th, 2008 at 5:19 am said:

I was getting this game, and have had it pre-ordred online for months, but I’m sorry, retailer exclusive in-game content is a terrible idea. Physical non-game bonuses are one thing, but in-game content is another. Every player should have equal access to the same game content and not be penalized because of where they bought it. That’s absurd. All your doing is ticking off people who want to like your game.

I want both in-game characters, but I’m not about to cancel my existing pre-order, have to pay for gas and waste more time to find a Gamestop, and/or eventually pay a lot more just to have access for something everyone should have.

If anything, I’m inclined to cancel my pre-order all together, buy this game used, and encourage others to do the same. There are too many good games coming out to support one that is shafting its fans.

If the in-game content will be available to everyone at some point, and this is just essentially a freebie, fine. At least please say so.

+ shayne_GOW on August 10th, 2008 at 5:32 am said:

@ 462 sackboy kratos is an exclusive downloadable character if you pre-order littlebigplanet

+ drake8 on August 10th, 2008 at 5:41 am said:

When am i going to be able to preorder this with the exclusive content because my gamestop voucher ends by the 29th of august and i rele would like to preorder the game using th voucher can you please tell me when its going to be available thanx

+ Hyrgola on August 10th, 2008 at 7:11 pm said:

oops, I mistook, I understand now they are DLC, so my pre-order choice is the StickerBook.

+ Zokuaku on August 11th, 2008 at 10:40 am said:

ooo ooo I think they need to make a Solid Snake Sack Boy eye patch and jumpsuit and all that would look totally deadly.

+ Chrono917 on August 11th, 2008 at 6:12 pm said:

^^

I agree, Solid Snake Sackboy would PWN.

@463

Ok, I see where your coming from but man, it’s just a pouch/sticker book/guide/awesome downloadable character…Ok now I REALLY see what you mean xD

But really I just want the Kratos sackboy or the guide, and I think they probably won’t but if they do give us all the downloadable content later on, that would so suck for us that bought it earlier when we could’ve got the guide or w/e instead.

+ thatsmartguywiththefro on August 11th, 2008 at 8:04 pm said:

@ALL
Pre order details for Kratos and guide are now up on the new littlebigplanet site. Check the site out it’s great! (I’ll be commenting there as themarauder11 as that’s my PSN id)

+ Teh-Lolcat on August 11th, 2008 at 11:47 pm said:

Is al this stuff also coming to Europe?

+ UNiT_01 on August 12th, 2008 at 12:32 am said:

Even though no announcement has been made regarding UK/PAL regions releases as of yet, we’d probably get a bonus making of dvd including trailers from E3. Frankly I’d rather pay extra to get all these items together in one pre-order, more goodies less hassle. And yeah, I’d like an Old Snake sackboy with the SolidEye eyepatch packaged in a miniature drum can please!!!

+ louthedog on August 12th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

this game is epic and ive already pre-ordered at eb games/ gamestop and im hoping for the beta in september

+ bukakegod on August 12th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

just had a heart attack!!!!!!

+ Treequil on August 12th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

Are the codes reusable?
If they are they wont be secret for very long…

+ Treequil on August 12th, 2008 at 6:56 pm said:

uhhhh… if the pre-order gets shipped to a house do we still get the pre-order bonus choice??? and if so, how? uhhh… thanks if you reply…

+ mrnagy88 on August 12th, 2008 at 10:19 pm said:

I like how they only answer questions on the odd pages or something lol.

+ DemonDestructor on August 12th, 2008 at 11:30 pm said:

+ DragonNinja on August 13th, 2008 at 6:50 am said:

Any word on UK pre-order goodies? We never get anything this awesome for pre-orders.

+ verbal k on August 13th, 2008 at 11:39 am said:

hi appologies if someone else has suggested this surely i aint the only who’s though of movie tie in Sackboy/girls.

Any Start Wars character (ofc)
It already looks a bit like chewy already (just give him his x-bow & sash type thing!)
Clockwork orange outfit, oh yes!
Batman/Joker
Predator
Robocop
list is endless to be honest.

How about playing 4 player all in Kiss Outfits? :)
Frankenstein
Now bare with me on this, how about a 50’s style golfing outfit big flat hat, plus fours, dodgy golf bag on his back, no, just me on that, ok ; )

Now i realise maybe there maybe a slight issue with licences, but we wont say anything if you dont :D

+ SledKnight on August 13th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Dang it… I want them all!!! Can I pre-order for codes and then cancel? :)

Sirously, bad marketing. Make a Limited Edition with all this stuff in it.

Geez.

+ Treequil on August 13th, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

uhhhh… mark me and DemonDestructor asked the same thing….. can u answer one of us?

DemonDestructor post #477
and
Me post #475

+ Treequil on August 13th, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

could us pre-orderers-before-the-exclusives get at the very least a 5$ fine for getting a chance for one of them..?

+ Giovanni561 on August 13th, 2008 at 8:06 pm said:

If there will be a Solid (Snake) costume will it be Old Snake, Young Snake, or both.

+ Craildo on August 13th, 2008 at 10:31 pm said:

So… If I get the Kratos thing from gamestop, will I be able to use that skin for my other accounts too, or just for one account?

+ scorpionx8 on August 14th, 2008 at 9:02 am said:

oh my god ! kratos is the best lookin one .( for me ) …lol !!!

+ ohmybob on August 14th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

Have a couple questions about the game

First off will you feature any levels? What I mean by this is each day will feature one of the best submitted levels(sort of like how Brawl does it) This would be a great way to give motivation to people out there to create the best levels possible. This is also good for rewarding those type of people by giving them recognition

Also it would be good to have some type of ranking for levels/creators. It would cool to be able to check which creators/levels have the highest ratings

+ ohmybob on August 14th, 2008 at 7:35 pm said:

Oh and I honestly hope the people that put their faith in this game long ago do not get the short end of the stick because they already pre-ordered. It would really be bad to be punished for pre-ordering too soon…..if anything it should be vice versa. Hopefully the sackboys become available as DLC, or retailers will be willing to still give the early pre-orderers their exclusive sackboy

+ wwwsam on August 15th, 2008 at 9:25 am said:

Were do u get the kratos sack boy people say its at gamestop is ?.

+ DarkGod13 on August 17th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

This is Awesome I just Pre-Ordered mine with the one and only… Kratos Sackboy!! I can’t wait to get the game I don’t know one ps3 owner that won’t get this game!

+ DarkGod13 on August 17th, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

Oh and by the way “wwwsam” yes you get Kratos when you pre-order from Gamestop.

+ madtyger on August 18th, 2008 at 9:36 am said:

Kratos from GameStop, the Brady book from Amazon.com, so where’s the Nariko preorder bonus going to be from?

+ redgopher on August 18th, 2008 at 1:55 pm said:

Pre-ordered from Gamestop, going to try to finagle a Nariko from wherever it’ll be from.

But I think Nariko should have been paired with Kai. I loved that character more than Nariko, for sure. Woulda been cool for both of them to be jumping around LBP together. :)

+ Royzy on August 19th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

I apologize if this has already been asked, but surely we can just make the Kratos or Nariko skins ourselves if need be? Since this game is about user-generated content, surely I could make Kratos myself with a few textures and what not?

[I posted this on LBP site, but I’m posting it here because I’m desperate to find out.]

Royzy

+ DemonDestructor on August 20th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

Has anybody found out this answer to this question yet..??
“I pre-ordered this game BEFORE the news of these featured sackboys. Do I still get to receive this code in the e-mail?”
I’m dying to know…

+ shayne_GOW on August 21st, 2008 at 5:06 am said:

the littlebigpouch is available at game crazy

+ xfoxbatx on August 21st, 2008 at 8:52 am said:

will there a pre-order bonus with bestbuy?

+ Grishrak on August 27th, 2008 at 6:04 pm said:

I want both I can’t choose

+ ceedot on September 2nd, 2008 at 6:18 am said:

Will these kratos sackboys be available in Australia? If I pre-order online, will I still be able to redeem the costume?

PAGE 1 8 9 10