PS4-Watch_Dogs

LittleBigPlanet: Pre-order Goodness

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 05, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Hey all,

We’ve been working with our North American retailers to promote the release of LittleBigPlanet in October 2008. And now that the “planning dust” has settled, we wanted to share early details of our pre-order campaign for you to decide which item you’d like. Stay tuned for much more detail on which retailer will have what pre-order item and when to go to your favorite retailer to reserve your copy.

Here’s the master list:

The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games – This exclusive digital guide is a primer for LittleBIGPlanet’s CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels.”

2005_Brady_Logo_BLK

LittleBigStickerBook – For those of you who love to customize – this item is for you! This exclusive sticker book contains some of our favorite LBP imagery for you to apply your own ‘mash-up’ to your favorite possessions. Or take something else you own and make it your favorite!

LBP - Sticker book mock-up

LittleBigPouch – Keep your LBP game safe and protected from the elements with this exclusive burlap pouch. Its so unique and stylish, it would make a SackMother proud.

LBP pouch

Exclusive Nariko SackGirl
– SackBoy’s beware! Nariko SackGirl has been known to keep other SackBoys (and SackGirls) in check. This exclusive downloadable costume features our favorite heroine on the PS3.

LBP - Heavenly Sword Render

Exclusive Kratos SackBoy – Nuff’ said. Yes…the forum rumors were true – but the biggest question remains “why didn’t this guy smile?” Seriously, this is another exclusive downloadable costume that will elevate your SackBoy status to godlike proportions.

LBP - God of War Render

Keep an eye out for more LittleBigNews in a few days…

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ yellowsno69 on August 5th, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

so if i preoder this at gamestop… does it automaticly give me the kratos sackboy? or is there a code? or what? and will he EVER be DLC?

+ Theossie on August 5th, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

@I_Love_New_York I agree (not about loving New York)

Snake, Raiden, Vamp… all would be sweet…

This game will be crazy!!! I can’t wait..

+ darkos87 on August 5th, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

PLEASE HAVE A PREORDER CAMPAIGN IN UK!!!

+ GodOfSpeed on August 5th, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

That’s so awesome! Kratos Sackboy kick ass! XD

+ Theossie on August 5th, 2008 at 3:45 pm said:

to clarify.. I was referring to New York from VH1 not the city… lol

+ SDkngsht on August 5th, 2008 at 3:45 pm said:

i posted a while ago on the last LBP post that they need to offer a “build-a-sackboy” feature on their website (kind of like a build a bear).

people could customize a sackboy and order it online. it would be the HUGEST holiday gift, valentines etc. i’m telling you that would be cool. i’d order a SD Chargers one, a Kratos one, a Helghast one lol.

+ Captain Fury on August 5th, 2008 at 3:48 pm said:

Kratos eyes remind me of oogey boogey

+ clcassar on August 5th, 2008 at 3:50 pm said:

this is coming to europe to, right?

+ stennex on August 5th, 2008 at 3:50 pm said:

CRAAAZZZYYY! I want all them toys. This game is going to be off da hook.

+ SDkngsht on August 5th, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

the special Sackboys have to be universal PLEASE. i think the Guide is a cool pre-order item since it will help us make better levels. but i’d buy the Brady guide separate and download both the Nariko and Kratos sackboys for $0.99 and use them.

what about a Nathan Drake sackboy? a Snake sackboy? a Ratchet sackboy (with a mini Clank on his back) and a Jak sackboy!

the possibilities are endless but i’d gladly pay $0.99 for all of those.

OR! what about one price for a Sony heroes sackboy package (with all the characters above plus more in the downloadable pack!)

c’mon Sony! let’s get on this ASAP! lol.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

Who says we\’re not? :) Seriously, stay tuned, we have tons of info to share and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

+ tirminyl on August 5th, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

But but but….but I want them all!!!

Can’t wait to get an actual sack boy!

+ bobfather on August 5th, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

wow this is awesome, sackboy forever!!!

+ bobfather on August 5th, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

holy sackboy prolly the coolest thing i’ve seen

+ Auroura on August 5th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

If you could make actual sackboys id buy a crudload of them!!!! LITTLEBIGPLANET WOOOO

+ bobfather on August 5th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

holy sackboy this is so awesome can’t wait

+ Johnny Sasaki on August 5th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

Please tell me there’ll be a Solid Snake SackBoy!! Either that or Gray Fox/Cyborg Ninja!

The Kratos one looks amazing, by the way! :D

+ Makasu on August 5th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

Nice renders!

+ rojo7 on August 5th, 2008 at 3:57 pm said:

man, i would go with kratos

but even better kratos real sackboy :]

+ jcasanova on August 5th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

I vote for tangibles Nariko Sackgirl, Kratos Sackboy, and Clank Sackboy (from Ratchet & Clank franchise)!!!

If tangible not possible, it would be great to have them in-game!

+ CrimsonFox13 on August 5th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

Can you pre order at Wal-Mart? There’s no game stores near where I live…

This pre order bonus looks so cool!

+ Chrisrahosiris on August 5th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

I hope those that pre-order on Amazon will get this as well

+ NandoSupes on August 5th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

lol!!!! that is just so cool. funny thing I was going to pre-ordered the game this weekend and this shows up.

+ Tolkienfanatic on August 5th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

This is so awesome. Kratos SackBoy = DO WANT.

Especially if I can get a real one.

*hugs*

+ Cerberus_Hunter on August 5th, 2008 at 4:00 pm said:

Thanks, I can’t wait to play LBP.
Will LBP have trophies? Sorry if this is old.. i haven’t read much about this game since I’m buying it day one.

+ thewolf619 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:00 pm said:

An attainable Kratos Sackboy would be awesome!! Until that time, Nariko and Kratos downloads would be great pre-order bonuses.

+ DPyro on August 5th, 2008 at 4:00 pm said:

DO WANT.

+ wu-stix on August 5th, 2008 at 4:02 pm said:

I would like the kratos. I was also wondering if the lbp dreams video could be posted on the psn so we can show it off to people. And will that video be a commercial for the game.

+ EViD on August 5th, 2008 at 4:04 pm said:

Awesome but… if I don’t/can’t pre-order the game, can I acquire Nariko & Kratos another way? (I am from Saudi Arabia and pre-ordering the game from a U.S. retailer might be difficult).

+ Lucreto on August 5th, 2008 at 4:05 pm said:

They are brillant I will love those sackboys and girls.

I plan to make an Amaterasu sackgirl and try something from Suikoden series.

Will we expect to see sackboys out of most of Sonys first Party games?

+ Daver on August 5th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

This is great! I need to go pre-order a couple of games from sony.
A small sackboy to put in the car on the mirror on the roof would be nice

+ skaterricky on August 5th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

I better Put in my Preorder Now before its too late… AKA geting paid Friday so ill be puting in my Preorder then or on Wednesday 8)

To all thos guys out there.. Get your Creativity ON ;)

Chears Skater_Ricky,

+ Joe on August 5th, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

So with preorder can you only get Nariko or Kratos or can you get both. I hope you can get both. Because both are great.

+ OmegaArchetype on August 5th, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

Awesome, I planned on pre-ordering this month anyways, this is just a bonus. I can’t wait for the game though, it’s going to be amazing (and I don’t even like platformers, but this one looks just too great to pass up.)

+ SDkngsht on August 5th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

i can’t believe with as long as this game has been talked about there’s still more stuff that gets me excited.

does anyone remember when this game was just a few sock puppets riding a skateboard? :lol:

sackboy is set to be a household gaming legend!

+ SDkngsht on August 5th, 2008 at 4:13 pm said:

man…with all this incredible stuff going on for the PS3 how can they possibly top all this for the holiday season?

sackboy heavan, metal gear solid 4, motorstorm 2, resistance 2, killzone 2, trophies, in game xmb, eden, all the other cool downloads, dc online, 2008: year of the Playstation 3…imagine the holiday season after a year like this?

+ bader on August 5th, 2008 at 4:15 pm said:

@78
lol me too I’m from saudia arabia
any chance to get nariko & kratos from the DLC ????????

+ Cess007 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

Awesome!! I want a Nariko Sackgirl right now (h)~!

+ Voozi on August 5th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

Cyborg Raiden & Snake would be awesome Sackboys too to have as DLC XD *cough free cough*

Oh and real life Sackboy please =D

+ RandomEarthling on August 5th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

The custom characters are awesome. The guide is cool but doesn’t get me excited. The bag and stickers I can do without. Like everyone else, I want a real sackboy.

As for the retailer, please don’t use Gamestop. They screwed me over on my MGS4 preorder. In fact don’t make it exclusive to one retailer. Please have a list so people can decide who they want to support. Thanks and awesome looking game!

+ pauls21 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:19 pm said:

wow…never have i been so happy and anxious
can’t wait for this game…

+ ChristoBLARGHH on August 5th, 2008 at 4:19 pm said:

Are all of these awesome goodies going to be US exclusive like Bethesda’s IRL PipBoy?

Can us UK Dudes get them too? Or will we see unique ones?

Or None :(

+ crazyeighty8 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

Where can info be found on whats happening in the UK/Europe?.

+ I_Love_New_York on August 5th, 2008 at 4:22 pm said:

Yeah I know Theossie. I am reffering to New York from Vh1 also. But yeah those MGS characters would be epic.

+ lowhonor on August 5th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

This is such a good preorder bonus. Good incentive that’s for sure. Count me in.

+ Jeigh on August 5th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

Hehe. I love it. The Nariko and Kratos sack… “persons” are definitely the highlight there. Thanks for the update. I’ll be avidly awaiting the update to the update with which retailers are giving what. :D

+ Novaoblivion on August 5th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

Very cool I cant wait for this game! :D

+ KFBradley on August 5th, 2008 at 4:26 pm said:

I would want the burlap pouch and Kratos! A sackboy plushie would be sick too!

+ Zaku on August 5th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

Is this one item to retailer? NOOOOO! This is awesome news but the crusher is having one item exclusive to each retailer if that’s the deal. Can’t you do a ‘Special/Limited’ Edition with all the goodies packed in for another $10? That version would sell a great deal I’m sure and that would be the one I’d buy.

+ warezIbanez on August 5th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

If the pre-order only had Kratos on it, I would still order it early. That. is. Awesome.

ARES!!!

+ Stoffinator on August 5th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

Love to have a real life sackboy (sounds so dirty).

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10