Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Aug 05

LittleBigPlanet: Pre-order Goodness

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 05, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Hey all,

We’ve been working with our North American retailers to promote the release of LittleBigPlanet in October 2008. And now that the “planning dust” has settled, we wanted to share early details of our pre-order campaign for you to decide which item you’d like. Stay tuned for much more detail on which retailer will have what pre-order item and when to go to your favorite retailer to reserve your copy.

Here’s the master list:

The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games – This exclusive digital guide is a primer for LittleBIGPlanet’s CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels.”

LittleBigStickerBook – For those of you who love to customize – this item is for you! This exclusive sticker book contains some of our favorite LBP imagery for you to apply your own ‘mash-up’ to your favorite possessions. Or take something else you own and make it your favorite!

LBP - Sticker book mock-up

LittleBigPouch – Keep your LBP game safe and protected from the elements with this exclusive burlap pouch. Its so unique and stylish, it would make a SackMother proud.

LBP pouch

Exclusive Nariko SackGirl
– SackBoy’s beware! Nariko SackGirl has been known to keep other SackBoys (and SackGirls) in check. This exclusive downloadable costume features our favorite heroine on the PS3.

LBP - Heavenly Sword Render

Exclusive Kratos SackBoy – Nuff’ said. Yes…the forum rumors were true – but the biggest question remains “why didn’t this guy smile?” Seriously, this is another exclusive downloadable costume that will elevate your SackBoy status to godlike proportions.

LBP - God of War Render

Keep an eye out for more LittleBigNews in a few days…

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10

+ gardea on August 6th, 2008 at 10:01 am said:

I wouldn’t mind getting the pouch, downloadable costumes or a real Sackboy that you guys are “working on”.

I pre-ordered from GameStop on day 1, so I hope they get the real Sackboy.

I wonder if there will be a Solid Snake costume…

+ SDkngsht on August 6th, 2008 at 10:15 am said:

yeah. this game is one i’ll definitely be looking forward to downloadable content for. hopefully this will be the first game to get as much (or more) DLC than rock banda and guitar hero. :lol:

+ horacehogarth on August 6th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

First off, thanks for the replies Mark it’s great to get feedback from you.

Can’t wait for the game, this pre-order campaign will surely give LBP a nice boost!

You’d be crazy not to let us buy actual sackboys, personally i’d like to see a special edition box set of the game with a real Sackboy included.. then sell them seperately after the game is in the shops.

Also you must realise just from the comments here that a physical Kratos Sackboy is something you really should consider, there’s already plenty of game merch in stores for other games and the Sackboys are so much cooler than most other stuff. Kratos, Solid Snake for starters would be very popular and you have to remember that there’s plenty of non-gamers that would just buy Sackboys!!

I know you have plenty of DLC coming but i really hope that includes levels designed by other actual devs, a MGS themed level by Hideo Kojima or a God of War themed level or even a Killzone level would be incredible but the crowning achievement would be if you could get Miyamoto to do a Super Mario level for the game. Heck even ask Bungie to do a halo level :)

Another similar idea would be to ask modern day artists, people like Obey and other similar talented urban vinyl artists to design levels. The potential is almost limitless.

Good luck to you guys, sure the game will be a huge success.

+ SDkngsht on August 6th, 2008 at 10:31 am said:

i know some people may take this as blasphemy or overstated at this point…but i think Sackboy is the best and potentially biggest thing to hit video gaming since that fat plumber with an “M” on his hat.

this literally has the potential to reach FAR beyond gaming. we could be witnessing history here. and i couldn’t be happier that it’s a PS3 exclusive.

to all the developers at Sony and execs thank you for bringing an incredible and balanced experience with LITERALLY something for everyone. it has been an amazing two years since the PS3 came out and i can’t believe it’s getting better by leaps and bounds.

it’s a great time to be a gamer and an incredible time to own a Playstation 3.

+ Xanog on August 6th, 2008 at 11:00 am said:

As nice as having physical objects like stickers, strategy guides, and game cases sounds, I would be lying if I said that the Kratos sackboy takes top priority.

Hopefully a retailer in my area has that.

+ SpyroLuver88 on August 6th, 2008 at 11:11 am said:

I have to have Sackboy plushies!!! And costumes for said plushies. Please, please, please….

+ takuya619 on August 6th, 2008 at 11:16 am said:

AWESOME! I am so totally going to get this on pre order. Any details yet of which retailers will have which preorder bonuses?

+ takuya619 on August 6th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

Also – maybe you guys can partner with Build-a-Bear workshops for a Sackboy ‘bear’! Marketing GOLD!

+ DSMoe on August 6th, 2008 at 11:22 am said:

Mark that wouldn’t happen to be a Monty Python and the search for the Holy Grail reference in post 141??
Oh and the pouch looks great!

+ 1magus on August 6th, 2008 at 11:29 am said:

So if we never Pre-Order LBP can we still get Kratos and the Heavenly Sword through Downloadable content? Because that is what I realllly want to know?!

+ SpyroLuver88 on August 6th, 2008 at 11:30 am said:

@ 351
I was @ the E3 press conference and I spoke to someone on the LBP team about the exact same thing….great minds think alike. I think it would open up a whole new audience for LBP:) And they would carry all the costumes:)

+ SpyroLuver88 on August 6th, 2008 at 11:32 am said:

If anyone doesn’t already know you can make your very own papercraft Sackboy. it’s about halfway down the page:)

+ PolishPride212 on August 6th, 2008 at 11:33 am said:

All these things come with the regular $60 purchase/preorder of the game, or do these things only come with the preorder of a special edition LBP, if there is one?

+ Ramrex on August 6th, 2008 at 11:38 am said:

I’m sure someone has likely mentioned this already but if it hasn’t been said yet I’d like for a PixelJunk Monster costume to be in LittleBigPlanet. It would be perfect!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on August 6th, 2008 at 3:34 pm said:

I\’ll ask the PixelJunk folks today and we will see what we can cook up for you. :)

+ plebeianprint on August 6th, 2008 at 11:44 am said:

sony, i know that you have a “commercial” for little big planet, but sony’s ps3 marketing has been on the down-slide for a while. i want to see money spent on letting the world know about this game.

hell, i’m working on a sackboy stencil tag right now; i’m getting the word out; you do the same.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 6th, 2008 at 12:00 pm said:

Anyone know if this will have in-game music?? Please let us know! =]

+ Scodo_Thope on August 6th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

Will I be able to import my cat pics into my created levels?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on August 6th, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

yes you will! (If you have a PS Eye that is.)

+ thedragonrider on August 6th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

i dont know why but my first comment didnt post for some unknown reason.
was it because you dont want to answer the question about europe or am i being blacklisted, when i thought it didnt post i tried posting it again and it said i’d already posted the same thing.
or is it just a problem with the software.
whatever it is, what about europe?

+ lavron415 on August 6th, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

I have a question, will LBP have a limit to how far the camera will be from when players are not close to eachother? In other words, is there a limit to how far away players can be from eachother in one level? Also, will there be any free DLC such as extra stickers, costumes, or levels on PSN? thankyou

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on August 6th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

Yes..DLC both free and paid will be available. As far as the camera with multiplayer, the camera will zoom out when players get separated, but ultimately if a player starts lagging behind, they will be left and given a few seconds to catch up. If not, they will respawn at the next check point.

+ simply_impressd on August 6th, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

Thank you so much for replying to my question! Your dedication to making this game a hit will not go unnoticed. It’s instances like these that bridge the gap between companies and consumers. Once again, thank you for your reply =)

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 6th, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

Guys I just read that DAVID SMITH who is one of the two TECHNICAL DIRECTORS OF LBP say the haven’t finalised whether they would include IN-GAME MUSIC but he said that if the consumers showed interest they would consider it! Let’s show them that WE WANT IT! PLEASE BRING IN-GAME MUSIC!

Here is the article if you want to read the full interview:

+ scorpio on August 6th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

LBP looks awesome!!! I can’t wait to try it and looking forward to playing multiplayer with my nephews.

I will be pre-ordering it.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 6th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

+ Simple_malk on August 6th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

Will this be available in Canada and if so what retailers?

+ herb420 on August 6th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

Please sir, can I have some more… custom soundtracks?

+ autocon on August 6th, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

Will both characters be up for DLC also? Making them just freebies for preodering but still giving us a chance to buy both after the game is out? Or are they actually exclusive to the preorder making it imposible to get both/any if we dont preorder?

PS: Kratos Sackboy in game and an acutal doll are amazing idea. I would love to have a little kratos sackboy sitting at my desk while I work =)

+ enrichovega on August 6th, 2008 at 1:48 pm said:

Don’t forget to add the KILLZONE costume that was demo’d at this year’s GDC!!!

Also…PLEASE offer this game via download through PSN. I plan on building levels in between my regular game play sessions so working on my levels for maybe 10 mins and bouncing back into say RESISTANCE 2 all from the comfort of my couch without having to swap discs is critical. I will probably be developing diverse levels that require weeks of development time which I’ll be more inclined to work on if it doesn’t require me getting my lazy a$$ up to begin and end work sessions.

Thankfully Yours

+ Coyote12 on August 6th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

I will definitely pre order this game now. I was going to anyway but now it is a must. And I know I will need lots of SackBoys. Lots of them, I have a cat and I am sure he will want to play as well.

What are the chances of supporting Maya or Photoshop? I would love to have a blank UV map image so I can paint and make my own textures or make some geometry for them like different hats and toys, not to mention gold chains for a Mr.T SackBoy.

And please do not limit how many we can make and store on our ps3’s. I filled up the 100 Mii’s in no time at all on my Wii and would like to make tons of SackBoys and Girls for myself and friends to play with.

+ Ryuuzaki on August 6th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

Mark, I just watched the LBP vid on the RLS . . . any chance for that Killzone sackboy to be a download. I laughed so hard as they were slapping each other around. I wanted this game to begin with, then after the E3 presentation, I was going MUST HAVE, now after seeing that and these preorder goodies I don’t think I’m gonna make it to October. This is definitely going to be the game I hand to people when they ask “What one game should I have for the PS3?” Waiting anxiously for new news for RLS and RAP.

+ singhjeet29 on August 6th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Can we use Pictures from our HardDrives fro stickers, instead of PS.Eye, because I would love to make things on photoshop and then just bring them over to the HDD and use them on LBP.

+ FritoZ on August 6th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

thanks Mark for answering my question!

I’ve had the PSEye since Eye of Judgement first came out, so I’m ready to make some stickers/fabrics/textures/backgrounds!

this game just seems to get better and better, hopefully there will be even be an option to control physics like gravity, water, and explosions…

And maybe even an in-game music maker/editor for your level.(ala Mario Paint’s old school music maker~ simple to learn, fun to use)

This way you can circumnavigate the troubles associated with allowing possibly copyrighted music from people’s hard drives to be the in-game level’s music…

unless that is ok, i mean it’s not like we are trading the songs, as they are embedded into the level…but some songs could have explicit lyrics, and that’s not cool for little kids, since this is a big “casual gaming” draw…

just thinking out loud, you can tell a game is good when people are already dreaming up level ideas and the game isn’t even out yet..

I was also wondering if there might be a way to bypass the game portion entirely, and simply use the backgrounds and objects as sets and the sackpeople as actors, then video capture frames and arrange/edit scenes with a movie making software like Sony’s Vegas or EyeCreate’s editor?

We could add transitions like fades and wipes and add voices or even silly subtitles…if you could add a “camera pan” or “camera flythrough” function, like when exploring raw Poser or 3D studio Max environments..(kind of like when you can do a pre-hole flythrough on a level in Tiger Woods PGA Tour)

*Whew* my creative juices are flowing!

I could be the Steven Speilberg of LBP! (heck i’ll even settle for the Uwe Boll of LBP!)

I can see it now, “it was a dark and stormy night…”

thanks again for spending so much time reading our comments and answering questions.

looking forward to re-making donkey kong LBP style!

psnid: FritoZ

+ Ryuuzaki on August 6th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

I just thought of some more characters that would be perfect for LBP, all the characters from Mainichi Issyo especially Toro and Kuro. That would be cute overload.

+ notmarealname on August 6th, 2008 at 2:50 pm said:

I cant wait till lbp comes out, its a must have, so many endless possiblities, no wonder it takes so long to finish such a game.

+ notmarealname on August 6th, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

it says “Exclusively for” and then underneath it says LBP, is it supposed to read “Exclusively for PS3” or just “Exclusively for LBP”

the first pic at the top.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on August 6th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

If you\’re talking about the sticker book, we\’ve \’photoshopped\’ the retailer logo out so you wouldn\’t know where this item goes…you\’ll have to stay tuned.

+ YaBoy_YaBoy on August 6th, 2008 at 3:32 pm said:

Ay Sony, u guys should crack a deal wit build a bear factory n introduce da sackdoll!! Customize it to a solid snake?, big boss?, dante?, crash?, etc.!! Juss think about it n make sure if it does go down I betta get 25% HOLLA

Jerzee we don’t get harrassed we harrass cops Jerzee!

+ SirRadG on August 6th, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

Hi guys, can you please answer this:

Are the DLC characters going to be available as paid DLC later?

is the only way to get them via pre-ordering?

+ InfernalTempestX on August 6th, 2008 at 4:08 pm said:

Any chance it can be October 10th? That would make a swell birthday present. =]

+ Guts05 on August 6th, 2008 at 4:50 pm said:

I will personally admit at first I wasnt excited about this title at all, but after some reading and watching gameply, im really excited, I like the kratos and nariko sockboy/girl would be a sweet preorder item for the game.

+ Talarico on August 6th, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

will these costumes be able to be downloaded from the PSN Store?
please some one answer

and also are the Helghast costume available with every game?

+ HorizonShadow on August 6th, 2008 at 5:26 pm said:

Okay, have to clear this up. is it one item and a character..or just one of those mentioned? becuase i’m torn between kratos or the guide..

also, will we be able to pre-order online and still get an item?

+ B13unit on August 6th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

OK hi i just want to say thank you i first heard this news on X-play and as soon as i did i ran straight to my computer i have one question if you pre-order LBP from say gamestop will it ome with everything or only some of the things listed?

+ HorizonShadow on August 6th, 2008 at 5:46 pm said:

i BELIEVE it’s only 1…i hope you can buy the others though..

+ Sk8rmillo on August 6th, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

Wait i already pre ordered this at gamestop so what happens now can i still get something

+ CallOfDutyFreak on August 6th, 2008 at 6:55 pm said:

I have a question.

Is there a chance of Little Big Planet evr coming to the PSP?

It would be so sweet!

+ B13unit on August 6th, 2008 at 7:01 pm said:

me to i really want them all hope that you guys come through

+ B13unit on August 6th, 2008 at 7:07 pm said:

Oh one more question for the unlockable skins will you have to purchase them on the playstation store or will u get a code with the pre-order

+ thatsmartguywiththefro on August 6th, 2008 at 7:15 pm said:

Thanks for the reply, and for replying to everyone else, it’s very helpful and productive! About the competitiveness, though…Would you be able to have players on opposite teams have their own section of the screen, as in split screen, for races to a particular finish-line (with the objective to be the quickest to get past certain obstacles), or would it have to be a race to a certain amount of points?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. If you have the time please answer, if not I can wait to find out, when I play the game. :)

+ Iambilly on August 6th, 2008 at 7:35 pm said:

Well done.

+ Jedah on August 6th, 2008 at 7:47 pm said:

I am really looking forward to LBP, October can’t come soon enough. I just hope this game don’t meet the same fate as other critically acclaim games like Okami (PS2), Beyond Good and Evil (Multi) to name a few. They got rave reviews everywhere, but the general public didn’t catch on and sales were poorly.

+ Lrgking on August 6th, 2008 at 8:12 pm said:

So question, and ive read about 100 comments but no answer to this.
You can only put stickers from the pictures you take from the PS EYE??
Will there probably be a way to put(or crop little stickers) out of the pictures you have in your PS3’s Harddrive??

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10