PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

LittleBigPlanet: Pre-order Goodness

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 05, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Hey all,

We’ve been working with our North American retailers to promote the release of LittleBigPlanet in October 2008. And now that the “planning dust” has settled, we wanted to share early details of our pre-order campaign for you to decide which item you’d like. Stay tuned for much more detail on which retailer will have what pre-order item and when to go to your favorite retailer to reserve your copy.

Here’s the master list:

The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games – This exclusive digital guide is a primer for LittleBIGPlanet’s CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels.”

2005_Brady_Logo_BLK

LittleBigStickerBook – For those of you who love to customize – this item is for you! This exclusive sticker book contains some of our favorite LBP imagery for you to apply your own ‘mash-up’ to your favorite possessions. Or take something else you own and make it your favorite!

LBP - Sticker book mock-up

LittleBigPouch – Keep your LBP game safe and protected from the elements with this exclusive burlap pouch. Its so unique and stylish, it would make a SackMother proud.

LBP pouch

Exclusive Nariko SackGirl
– SackBoy’s beware! Nariko SackGirl has been known to keep other SackBoys (and SackGirls) in check. This exclusive downloadable costume features our favorite heroine on the PS3.

LBP - Heavenly Sword Render

Exclusive Kratos SackBoy – Nuff’ said. Yes…the forum rumors were true – but the biggest question remains “why didn’t this guy smile?” Seriously, this is another exclusive downloadable costume that will elevate your SackBoy status to godlike proportions.

LBP - God of War Render

Keep an eye out for more LittleBigNews in a few days…

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10

+ GravityRi4n on August 5th, 2008 at 4:31 pm said:

This all looks great, but what if you preordered already can you still get some of this awesome stuff. or are you out of luck?

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:11 pm said:

Check with the retailer you pre-ordered with once more announcements are made.

+ BurgerTyme on August 5th, 2008 at 4:32 pm said:

Good idea but I seriously want a REAL life high quality Sackboy. I am 22 and I want a sackboy doll… really really bad.

+ Demon on August 5th, 2008 at 4:33 pm said:

This game will sell very well for been innovative, fun (it seems) and yes I’ll say it, cute. No need to be another lame, boring, and bloody FPS. I’m a grown man and I can’t believe I want one of those sackboys dolls too.

Whoever came up with this idea is a genius.

+ erico316 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:34 pm said:

omfg i want a real Kratos SackBoy.dam i already preorder this game from gamestop.please o please make the Kratos SackBoy from there.if not im going to be sad.

+ BrianemoneNZ on August 5th, 2008 at 4:36 pm said:

Love the Kratos/Nariko Sackoids. I was so angry I missed talking to the guys from Media Molecule at E3.

+ libregkd_117 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:38 pm said:

Must. Have. Kratos. Sackboy.

Seriously, it just looks awesome.

+ Ravn on August 5th, 2008 at 4:38 pm said:

Hi there Mark

Will Kratos- and Nariko-sackboy/girl be in the store? You see, Norway is always screwed when it comes to pre-orders, and I really want the angry Kratos Sackboy :)

Good luck on the release :)

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

Don\’t worry, EU pre-order announcements should follow shortly

+ XxBigP123xX on August 5th, 2008 at 4:38 pm said:

Please make both of those sackboys downloadable! I don’t want to have to choose!

+ -Jad- on August 5th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

I’m soooo gonna to pre-order the ultimate edition with all the goodies.

+ Lanontscuz on August 5th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

so when can we preorder?

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:13 pm said:

We\’ll let you know when and where soon.

+ erico316 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

please dont make me lose out on the Kratos SackBoy because i preorder this game early.i had this game preorder when u guys confirm it was coming out this year.
@mark please let me know will i miss out on the Kratos SackBoy because i preorder it early from my gamestop.

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

Check with your retailer once more announcements are made.

+ PROWLL on August 5th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

we need a SNAKE sack boy, and a Nathan Hale…but this is great news

+ ChristoBLARGHH on August 5th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

Uk please? Can we has too? :(

+ B1ack_Mage on August 5th, 2008 at 4:42 pm said:

There needs to be a limited edition version with all of this, I tend to not like limited editions, but all of this would be well worth the extra $10. Make it happen sony!

Also clank, Daxter, Jak, ratchet, parappa, wanderer (from shadow of the collosus), and sly all need sackboy versions… please!

+ PROWLL on August 5th, 2008 at 4:43 pm said:

We also need a Snake sackboy , but i really cant wait, i hope all maps are free

+ PublicDeviance on August 5th, 2008 at 4:44 pm said:

Mark. I’d have you know that I will be purchasing a PS3 console JUST to play this game. Granted, I will play more once I get it, but this is why I am buying it. I am glad to hear your enthusiasm and response to how well the game will be supported by SCEA. I am an assistant manager for GameStop so my only hope is that that will be where the guides are the pack in as I plan on doing a LOT of level creating. Anyways, I have been trying to build as much excitement as possible for LittleBigPlanet and can’t wait to get it. I am just waiting for the 80gb core ps3 to launch and october to come around… Btw, You should get those real sackboy’s put on the rls site. Speaking of that, we wear our nametags on lanyards and a littlebigplanet lanyard would be fantastic. More rls goodness.

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

Good to hear the voice of an RLS member – you guys make our job so much easier. Keep an eye out for more \’LBP goodness\’ on the RLS site soon too.

+ Toadzter17 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:44 pm said:

I already pre-ordered… Is this plan retroactive or should I cancel and repreorder?

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:21 pm said:

Not sure. Wait till more is announced then make your move.

+ PublicDeviance on August 5th, 2008 at 4:45 pm said:

Oh yeah, why isn’t there a collectors edition?

+ Keysersoze10033 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

Wow, I can’t wait for this freaking game :).

+ gdenso on August 5th, 2008 at 4:48 pm said:

Great stuff, I’m really looking forward for that pouch …..These things are so cute, you can probably make tons of accessories!

+ xFirexIcex on August 5th, 2008 at 4:48 pm said:

OMG. Can’t wait for this game. Definitely pre-ordering.

+ tyboogie on August 5th, 2008 at 4:49 pm said:

Man I am so excited for this. You guys definitely need sackboy plushies for all the platinum ps3 characters (snakes, kratos). Hell even little keychains would be dope. The hell with that I have a shirt press and photoshop at home. I’m about to put that kratos sackboy image on a white tee.

<(‘o”o’)>

+ ScarSlasher on August 5th, 2008 at 4:50 pm said:

How will this work?

If I preorder RIGHT NOW, will I still get these costumes?

Please, PLEASE tell me I do.

I don’t really care about the other things, but I REALLY want that DLC.

+ rsx3.2 on August 5th, 2008 at 4:50 pm said:

are these coming to canada? There are all so cool. Definitely gonna pre-order.

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:23 pm said:

Depends on which items your referring to, so stay tuned.

+ SagiMewtwo on August 5th, 2008 at 4:52 pm said:

I was getting this game anyway on day one, it’s great that Sony is rewarding the early adopters with these pretty awesome extras. I totally love the exclusive costumes especially.

+ kristopher.w on August 5th, 2008 at 4:53 pm said:

i cannot wait for this game!

it’s going to be so much fun to play and i dont know how anyone can have something against it or have anything bad to say about it. unless you have absolutely no heart haha

+ tyboogie on August 5th, 2008 at 4:58 pm said:

Sidenote:

PLEASE make this game have youtube support. Imagine making a presentation for school with a level you made (similar to E3). Now if you were able to upload the video to YOUTUBE, then you could save it on a disk or play the video in class from your laptop. That would also make a great video for greeting cards, birthdays and whatever the hell else we can think of. THIS GAME NEEDS YOUTUBE SUPPORT. PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH PIXELJUNK. If they can do it for EDEN, then it has to work.

+ L on August 5th, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

So do we get all these if we pre-order?

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:26 pm said:

Sorry, just one item per pre-order. Noticed Kotaku made this assumption too…

+ KnaveX on August 5th, 2008 at 5:03 pm said:

I will preorder at every store.

+ kungfuian on August 5th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

I have a few questions-

Aside from themed sacboy character’s from other Sony games, are there any plans for themed content packs with texures, items, abilities, power ups, enemies, or developer made levels, etc. from these games? (would be great as free downloadable content when you purchase said games!)

Also, are there any plans for water or fluids in the game?

Can you stretch/delete areas of existing levels in the middle to insert/delete new content areas after a level has been created?

Lastly, are there plans to upgrade in game abilities (say a new power ups pack with for example double jump, guns, invincibility, swords, etc see entire history of platform games for ideas?

+ Chuck Lacson on August 5th, 2008 at 6:40 pm said:

There will be a ton of DLC after launch, so no worries.

You currently can copy levels on the disk to use a templates for your own levels.

In terms of upgrading in-game abilities…I can neither confirm or deny that we have any plans, but I can say it is possible.

+ Neo_Selen1 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

And if i’ve already pre-orderded the game? do i get these ?

+ diablo103 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

is there anychance that u can eventually get both Kratos and Nariko as dlc?

+ KnaveX on August 5th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

@ L, its one per different retailer

@Mark

Im officially the 10th person to say:

Make limited edition with everything Ill gladly buy it, dont make me choose!

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:43 pm said:

We hear you, but there are no limited edition plans in place.

+ diablo103 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:14 pm said:

will it be possible to eventually get both nariko and kratos as dlc?

+ brunobi02 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:14 pm said:

I juts wanted to point out that Krato’s blades are backwards.

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:45 pm said:

Great observation. Will take note and notify the team.

+ afchst on August 5th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

Mark in the game there are going to be any contests for level creators?

2008: The year Media Molecule and some sackboys changed the world.

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 8:48 pm said:

…you\’re so warm…

+ Snipes424 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

Kratos sackboy ftw!!!!

+ brunobi02 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

I just wanted to point out that Krato’s blades are bacwards. Thanks

+ whatisdelicious on August 5th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

Here was my thoughts as I scrolled through:

“…man, those are pretty lame. That pouch has a cool design but it’s still basically a change purse. Such wasted– Oh. My. God. Is that a Kratos sackboy? F–k yes!!”

WHERE CAN I PREORDER FOR THE KRATOS ONE? THAT’S ALL I CARE ABOUT.

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 5:19 pm said:

BWHAHAHA….something for everyone

+ diablo103 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:17 pm said:

is it possible to get both nariko and kratos as dlc? also are their any other sony charaters on the way?

+ ashbash159 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:19 pm said:

Hey, who are these guys replying in red?
Mark Valledor and Chuck Lacson?
By the way I’m new to the PlayStation Blog!

+ Mark Valledor on August 5th, 2008 at 5:28 pm said:

Welcome mate! We\’re just the marketing guys cleaning up after the last marketing guy (unfortunately he didn\’t get it…LOL)

+ Netweb on August 5th, 2008 at 5:19 pm said:

I WANT LARA CROFT!!!!!

Keep this things on other countries releases… like Portugal.. We Europeans support to much PlayStation and we are always forgotten…

+ ashbash159 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

wow, btw i’m new to the blog and i want to know who these people replying in red are

+ diablo103 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

is there any chance that we will be able to get both nariko and kratos as dlc? also are there any other sony characters on the way?

+ Mista Tricksta on August 5th, 2008 at 5:21 pm said:

These are so sick. im confused though, do we get all of these if we preorder or just one? and if just one can we buy them seperate?

+ Zhi13 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

Kratos sackboy looks awesome!

+ Ipswich772 on August 5th, 2008 at 5:26 pm said:

Will Europe be getting these amazing gifts? ^__^ Thanks.

+ ChuckD on August 5th, 2008 at 5:31 pm said:

Holy crap! I’ve only pre-ordered one game in my life (MGS4), and this shall be the second!

+ Fusilero on August 5th, 2008 at 5:35 pm said:

Might just have to import from America unless a UK version is announced!

+ Aerfox on August 5th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

I’m glad that I pre-ordered the game yesterday. This is totally awesome. Why can’t other companies do things like this? We get so many awesome stuff when pre-ordering. Can’t wait for the game to release in October. I just want to hug all you guys at Sony, and Media Molecule.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10