Bloodborne

Paradise City Choppers, Burnout’s Bikes

Jeremy Chubb's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Chubb on Aug 05, 2008 // Community Manager, Criterion Games

It’s the big one.

A huge week here at Criterion Games. We’re just adding the finishing touches to the Burnout Paradise Bikes Pack and wanted to reveal a little about what’s coming.

Bike_social copy

For the first time ever in a Burnout game, you’ll be able to ride motorcycles.

It’s a huge step for us here on the Burnout team, but this year’s all about changing Burnout in a BIG way through continued support. In July, we brought you our Cagney Feature Pack and introduced 3 awesome online game modes, two great cars, a live news page and calendar, 70 all-new timed multi-part challenges, a complete overhaul of our Online Racing System and a stack of other major improvements. In early September, we’re breaking out the big guns.

Here’s what Burnout Paradise players can look forward to, when they get the FREE Burnout Paradise Bikes Pack next month. (This is the pack formerly know by the codename “Davis”.)

We’ve got two rides ready to go – Day 1. Just head for your nearest junkyard in Paradise City to pick up the FV1100 street bike and the stunning Japanese Firehawk racing bike. That’ll do for a start, but there’s more in store once you’ve played a little way through the bike-specific gameplay. We’ll bring you more on these vehicles in a future post.

From the second we added the first prototype bike, we wanted to cruise the streets of Paradise City at night. So, in addition to the bikes, we’re adding night to the game. You’ll see day cycle through to night and see the city change with it. Paradise City takes on a life of its own once the rush hour traffic thins out!

Burnout: Bike at night

During the day, you can play a variation of our Burning Routes challenges. Beat the target times on specific routes to complete “Burning Rides”. The big change here is that these routes feature multiple checkpoints – they’ll take you all over the city. At night, complete a different set of routes – the “Midnight Rides”.

If you’re used to seeing Paradise City swathed in blazing sunshine, you’re in for a surprise. We’ve also introduced a dynamic weather system to change the feel of the city – another Burnout first.

Burnout: Bike in weather

And that’s not all.

We’ve created 70 challenges specially for bikes. 35 of these are timed, multi-part challenges – the kind you’ll have experienced if you’ve been playing last month’s FREE software update codenamed Cagney.

We said we’d support Burnout fans 100% this year. We’re passionate about doing just that. The most radical changes to Burnout since we began the series are coming this year. Support for a game through DLC has never been this good. For more detail, hit www.criteriongames.com and for a great look at how we’re working check us out on Crash TV – our video podcast.

Burnout Paradise. Always changing.

Burnout: Multiplayer Jump

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Grampo on August 6th, 2008 at 12:59 pm said:

Loading Image…

Hi Criterion I got burnout parasise about 2 weeks after the release date and I thought why cant other people fit such a huge map into the game and still add-on to it, I wish that other games have the same gameplay as you do criterion.

Another thing is that I think that I found where the new Island is going to be. Is it near the Wild Cats Stadium because there is a brige under construction and a Island with like 3 skyscrapers and thats it.

And I saw on the other posts that you said that the bi-planes are getting rulled-out from some other BETTER stuff I think you release just one plane to see what the public says about the plane idea.

And with the dynamic weather is it like fog or cloudy or somithing like that, or is it like tornados and tsunami, because that would be verrry cool that you will see a tornado or hurracane comming through paradise city once in a while and see all the AI traffic getting blown away.

Can you respond Criterion Please =)

+ hejjj12 on August 6th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

Wow! sounds almost to good to be true :D
Is it possible to maybe get split-screen in the game later so you can drive around with friends :D

+ maxedj on August 6th, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

ahh i got burnout paradise the first day it came out and the updates that it has know are very awesome i salute EA

+ iReyz on August 6th, 2008 at 7:13 pm said:

Wow, another free update to an all so amazing franchise! Great job guys.

I have a question if you don’t mind btw.

Will there ever be a Burnout like Burnout Revenge again?

The reason why I ask this is because I used to play that alot with my family. With Paradise this is kind of difficult because the game is more indepth.

Revenge was easy to play with my family because of the games simplicity. Just 1 way to go, no open world. Just get to the finish no matter the cost, hehe.

Good times. =)

+ Ticklethis275 on August 6th, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

Are bikes comming in September becuase it says next month?

+ passenger on August 6th, 2008 at 8:30 pm said:

Driving hard in Paradise City now, still so many things to unlock… Bikes would be a nice addition. Especially would be funny to watch riders fly and dissolve in the air :)

+ Hedrakk on August 7th, 2008 at 9:23 am said:

I would like to tell you how much I love Burnout paradise. Usually, racing games are not my type, but to make it simple, I think I can say that Burnout Paradise is one of the best videogame invested 60$ I ever spend in my whole gaming “life” (I’m playing since Atari 2600 :) ). I played (and still playing) more hours on BP than Final Fantasy XII (and RPGs are my type of games). With all the updates, past and to come, this is the kind of game I will never trade in at GameStop or EB Games (well… maybe for the next burnout title :) ).

And by the way, thanks for the little extra we got as PS3 gamers (My discovery map), It was really helpful to nail down that damned last crash fence. I think it was well appreciated by the PS3 gamer’s community.

Thanks

+ louisliu150 on August 7th, 2008 at 10:36 am said:

WOW IM DEFINITELY GETTING BURNOUT NEXT
best demo ever
my only question is if the add-ons are free

+ Buddy175 on August 7th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what about trophies?

+ shanklygates99 on August 8th, 2008 at 4:37 am said:

brilliant, Criterion, absolutely brilliant! I initially thought the ‘Bikes Update’ would carry a price tag. That wasn’t good news for me, as I live in Pakistan and I can’t use my credit card on the PSN Store. However, now that it’s a free update – this is just truly amazing!

Well done Jeremy, for updating us on the latest happenings, and the entire Criterion team!

+ SpiderBoy36 on August 9th, 2008 at 7:04 pm said:

Criterion FTW! You guys are some of the most talented and dedicated developers out there. You rock.

+ DrewN on August 10th, 2008 at 8:08 am said:

I just wanted to say thanks to Jeremy and Criterion, they are supporting their games and gamers to an unprecedented level. Your work is most definitely appreciated, and I can’t wait to see this update!

+ ladantia on August 11th, 2008 at 1:58 am said:

will the trophies come before the davis update or will it be in the davis update

+ Nitro. on August 11th, 2008 at 6:20 am said:

Hey Burnout team!

I have single question.

1. When new liveries come out (tempesta and tiger)?

2. how many bikes will come out?

3. Is new island coming in this year? (and Dust Strom)

AND… thank you.. u do great job !!! Cheer, i like burnout so much and im big fan!

all free.. ur best ! Best Racing game ever.

and sorry for bad english :/

+ tyboogie on August 14th, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

Here’s my wallet. Are you happy now??? Just take all the money out of it. I feel like a junkie leaving a crackhouse whenever I visit this site. You know I wasn’t planning on buying this…I really wasn’t…and then you gave us updates with new tracks, and new cars, and new maps. Now the game will be downloadable. Plus you mention the possiblility of an aircraft? An aircraft you can play with and possibly crash??? Ok you got me, I’ll buy this. But one day i’ll kick this habit…you’ll see :/

+ elvis-bogis on August 15th, 2008 at 4:28 am said:

Hey i been wondoring how do you get the update i meen when is the update what date and day please

stil burnout paradise ROCKS

+ The_Vandelizer on August 15th, 2008 at 9:24 am said:

Thats whats up i cant wait!!

+ the_icon on August 15th, 2008 at 11:49 am said:

Thanks Criterion guys! I hope in the future u guys implement splitscreen play.

+ elvis-bogis on August 16th, 2008 at 5:13 am said:

can some won tell me when is the update what day and date

+ elvis-bogis on August 24th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said: