PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Bionic Commando: Rearmed Behind the Scenes #3

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Aug 08, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

Hey PS fans, I have another BCR update for you this week. Before we go to the video, I want to address some of the questions you have about the game.

Will the game have trophy support? We’re working on having trophy support available in the near future.

Will there be a demo available at launch? Yes.

Will this game have remote play functionality? Fosho.

How much will it cost? $9.99

When will this game launch? August 14, 2008!

Ok, I’m sure you have more questions, and as always, I’ll do my best to answer them.

Here’s the Bionic Commando: Rearmed – Behind the Scenes Video #3. (You can find the other 2 videos on the PS Store)

We also have some cool BCR PS3 and PSP themes available around launch. They’re made by the same talented designer who created the award winning Lost Planet theme, Shawn Baxter and optimized by your very own theme expert Noel Silvia. Watch out for them.

Talk to you next week!

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ chaosatom333 on August 8th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

How long will the game take to finish?

Are they boss battles?

I never played bionic commando.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:11 pm said:

I don;t know how many hours it takes to complet the game, but trust me, it\’s pretty long. And with multiplayer and challenge modes, the gameplay hours are limitless.

Yes, there are boss battles!

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:16 pm said:

And yes, I need to read my posts before I press submit! :)

+ chaosatom333 on August 8th, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

it’s great to see that you guys are supporting trophies.

I hope other capcom titles support it too from now on.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:32 pm said:

Me too.

+ XxBigP123xX on August 8th, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

Will the trophies be retroactive once they’re released? Otherwise I’ll wait to get the game…

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:12 pm said:

We\’re working to have the trophies retroactive. Medals in the game act like trophies. So go collect them!

+ tangy_orange on August 8th, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

Hey John, when will you be able to drop the news about a possible ‘surprise’ with the PSN edition of BC:R? Will you catch the PS SF fans off guard? I read this a long time ago from one of your initial posts about BC:R through the PS Blog. Please let us know already (hey, it’s almost launch for BC:R)! ;)

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

I\’ll let Ben Judd answer this. I can, however, tell you that there\’s a Street Fighter surprise next Thursday. Go to Capcom-Unity.com this Monday to find out!

+ Renck on August 8th, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

9.99 – I am totally in!

+ TouchyEd on August 8th, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

This is certainly looking like a fun little title!

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:32 pm said:

Oh, it is!

+ Bison on August 8th, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

Awesome.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:18 pm said:

Totally!

+ emjayx on August 8th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

Remote play is a definite plus. Good job adding this to the game (and trophies!)

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:33 pm said:

Thank Ben and his love for the PSP fans!

+ Cypher-Ghost on August 8th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

Thanks alot guys! Sony and you guys rock!, just one question! there isnt going to be any online play ?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:18 pm said:

No online play. Local multiplayer and co-op play is a blast though.

+ Fersis on August 8th, 2008 at 1:20 pm said:

Noel Silvia rocks.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:33 pm said:

Yes he does. Just wait till you see the themes Noel and Shawn Baxter worked on. Best themes ever.

+ Henjoness on August 8th, 2008 at 1:26 pm said:

I have never played or heard of the old games. But this looks fantastic and im properly gonna buy it.

And if you guys make it online, then this could be a super epic fabulous fantastic amazing game :D

And my question is: Will it also be in EU next week??

pls say yes, if you do I will buy it :D

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

The EU version will be up real soon. Wait for the announcement next week.

+ deadxbabiesxinc on August 8th, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

Awesome! I loved the original and considering this one is the original on steroids…SWEEEEET!!!

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 7:11 pm said:

I like that, \”the original on steroids\”…this is the Barry Bonds of downloadable games. Ugh, that was wrong. (and I\’m a Giants fan) :(

+ 3D3 on August 8th, 2008 at 1:30 pm said:

Just wondering, is this exclusive to PSN?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 7:12 pm said:

No..but remote play is exclusive. :)

+ Chrisrahosiris on August 8th, 2008 at 1:30 pm said:

I’ll buy this next week. :)

+ michigander692002@msn.com on August 8th, 2008 at 1:34 pm said:

A definate buy for me! I love what you guys have done with it, can’t wait for the multi-player + remote play!

+ Fersis on August 8th, 2008 at 1:36 pm said:

@13 3D3
Of course not

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 7:12 pm said:

Correct.

+ michigander692002@msn.com on August 8th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

Oh, I forgot I had a question. Whats Capcoms next oldschool remix? I bet I’ll buy it, I already bought Commando 3(PSN,XBLA)and 1942!

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:17 pm said:

The next remix?? Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix! Before then, we\’ll have Mega Man 9 and Age of Booty. Coming during the holiday season is Flock!

Good times.

+ KazeEternal on August 8th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

You guys had me at Co-op and 4 Player, that got me off the fence.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:34 pm said:

And you had me at hello.

+ KillerAJD on August 8th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

Sweet, never had a chance to play the original, but this is one badass looking game. Consider another $10 yours!

+ Cinos123 on August 8th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

OK I see that IT says sometime in the future we will have trophies but can you please go into that further?

Reason being is that I actually plan on buying the game when it does support trophies(something about see the actual trophy pop up as I get them is awesome for me), so seeing if it’ll be 1 month after or even sooner would be cool.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

You all will be the first to know. I\’ll blog about it.

+ babybluedb on August 8th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

nice that so many new games are starting to include trophies the age of trophies for the PS3 is here cant wait to try the demo to see if i like it since i never play a Bionic commando games which i am sure i would enjoy

and does anyone know how to put my gravatar on (no im serious) O__o

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 7:17 pm said:

Definitely try out the game. The demo is challenging, but once you get used to the grappling mechanics, you\’ll be addicted.

+ H3AVY F1R3 on August 8th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

WHERE IS THE HOME BETA INVITE ANNOUNCEMENT?!?!?!?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:32 pm said:

I KNOW, WHERE IS IT????

+ Cinos123 on August 8th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

forgot to ask in my previous post …

Why was the decision made to have co-op only between the person sitting next to you and not online? This game would have been amazing to play with my some people on my friends list.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

The multiplayer modes were added later in development as an added feature and bonus for the fans. Having these modes online would\’ve taken more development time and delay the launch. We want to play this now, right?

+ JakDak on August 8th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

I’m not even gonna waste any time downloading the demo. I’m buying the full game as soon as it lands on the store! Can’t wait!

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

Thanks!

+ Sheen on August 8th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

Hi John,

Just wondering…is there any hope for Online multiplayer and co-op in a future patch? That would be pretty awesome!

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

It\’s not in the plans.

+ Ghostm on August 8th, 2008 at 1:54 pm said:

Once the Trophies are patched in. My money’s good as yours. Hopefully it wont take to long.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 7:18 pm said:

At least try out the demo. We\’re working on trophies to be retroactive. So it might be a good idea to get it when it comes out.

+ nas2344 on August 8th, 2008 at 1:57 pm said:

trophy support alright this game is awesome already cant wait!

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 10:47 pm said:

One mo week.

+ gardea on August 8th, 2008 at 1:57 pm said:

I really appreciate that you guys are supporting PS3 (glad you haven’t abandoned us…), but what the hell why won’t BCR have multiplayer online??

“Are the multiplayer and co-op modes offline or online? Offline, but it’s great. (It’s what we play at the office during lunch.)”

Commando 3 and 1942: JS both had online but the best one that’s coming out doesn’t have online?? That’s just ridiculous…

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:42 pm said:

Not really. Bionic Commando Rearmed, while it doesn\’t have online play, is so much longer in terms of gameplay hours than C3 and 1942.

+ Ghostm on August 8th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

Will the Trophies be exactly like the Xbox 360′s achievements? Or will it be something completely different? =p

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

The medals in the game will act like trophies. When you play the game, you\’ll understand.

+ SicboyGS on August 8th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

Love hearing from you again, Jeff! I can’t wait for this, I’ve been saving my funds for months just for this one. Do you know if part three of the “behind the scenes” will get on the PS Store?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 10:47 pm said:

It should be up next week.

+ morbo1803 on August 8th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

So… its coming out on august 14. on the XBLA, Pc (for 15 bucks instead of 10 O.o) and the US psn…. so far ive been a pretty good sport at this, ive been saying all along “hey give em time” and ill give you time, but when europe is the oooonly one that doesent get the game while everyone else enjoys it it kinda makes me wonder…. anyways, please come with a official word on the releas for europe soon

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:37 pm said:

Expect an announcement next week regarding the EU version.

+ h3ro on August 8th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

Any reason for the European delay?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 10:49 pm said:

Could be a variety of reasons. We don\’t comment on why a submission fails in a certain territory.

+ JBruno on August 8th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

John:
Again i will ask the same Unanswered question in your latest PS Blog entry :

This game is a faithful remake of the nintendo version original levels? its someone missing or replaced in this version? The “Leader” ( in the original japanese version btw ) is the same?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

This is a faithful remake of the classic, with the same level designs. The \”Leader\” in the Japanese version is actually Hitler. Hitler does NOT appear in the game for reasons I do not need to explain.

+ ps360 on August 8th, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

hmm, XB Live gets it on the 13th.
PSN (North America) gets it on the 14th.

This so called, PSN exclusive “surprise” better be worth it to have a 1 day delay :P

Will the “surprise” be… online play only for the PS3?! o.O

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:20 am said:

The XBLA gets a one day exclusive only because their content is propped on Wednesdays.

+ Captain Fury on August 8th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

John “the man” D :)

as always…thx for the capcom love!

I would like for Capcom to use the youtube feature in their upcoming downloadable games. (imagine recording speed runs of MM9 with the push of a button!)

Its also free publicity at the push of a button :)(the videos even get a watermark of the company logo) as someone in the marketing department of Capcom could you look more into this John?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

I am in the Marketing Department and I love this idea. Problem is, the games in development are almost wrapping up. We\’ll definitely consider this for future titles.

+ FritoZ on August 8th, 2008 at 2:36 pm said:

looking forward to trying this one out!

my question is, how will you guys handle the save function, is it by level, or can you save anywhere anytime?

thanks

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:21 am said:

You know, good question. I believe it\’s by level. I got to play it again.

+ joel on August 8th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

Awsome, but when it gets trophy support I will buy it.

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:35 am said:

Buy it when it launches. If you only buy games with trophies at launch, you won\’t be buying many games and will missing out on quite a few gems. Don\’t let other gamers get a headstart on the BCR trophies when its finally implemented.

+ erico316 on August 8th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

yay the best third party blogger is back on the PlayStation blog!!!!!!!!!!are the rumor true was rearmed delay for the usa store update to a tba time?so what the chances of getting youtube support for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?

p.s i would love to own a person in street fighter and then upload that match to youtube

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:48 pm said:

Erico – Man, the youtube feature would be great in SFHD. I don\’t know if it will be implemented, but I\’ll pass on the request anyways. Who do you play? I\’m a Ken and Guile player.

Oh yeah, a Street Fighter surprise is in store for next Thursday. Watch out for the announcement Monday on Capcom-Unity.com.

+ ftwrthtx on August 8th, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

Nice to see another remote play title. Playing High Stakes poker while getting my car smogged the other day was nice.

+ saturnneo on August 8th, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

As an owner and fan of the original NES cart, i have been drooling to get this one!!!!

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:36 am said:

I recently played the old school one. It was so ahead of its time.

+ Ghostm on August 8th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

Will the BC Trophies be retroactive?
If they are, I’ll buy the game on day one.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:52 pm said:

We\’re working on that.

+ FFObsessed on August 8th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

Is there a reason why European release is TBC?

Is this Capcom’s fault or SCEE fault?

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:32 am said:

No ones at fault here. There can be many reasons why a certain submission passes in one territory and fails another, from localization issues to different territory specific, non-compliance bugs. I don\’t know the eact issue for the delay in Europe but I do know the delay won\’t be long.

+ black_ryuk on August 8th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

Finally….i’ve been waiting for this game….

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:30 am said:

I know, finally.

+ Joe on August 8th, 2008 at 3:23 pm said:

I am not sure if you can say this or not. But whats the diffence between the 360 version and the PS3. Like what one should I pick up if I own both systems. Seeing as I own both I want to buy one people at Capcom thinks is better.

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:50 pm said:

Graphically, there is no difference. The XBLA version has achievements and the PSN version has remote play.

+ C-h-a-o-s on August 8th, 2008 at 3:47 pm said:

Hey nice of you guys to include a PSP theme as well, I am really loving all the PSN titles that have been coming out as of late. How long until we can expect a trophy patch?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

Once I know, I\’ll announce it on the blog.

+ xplosneer on August 8th, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

Biggest difference between the last one you worked on and BC:R?

+ John Diamonon on August 8th, 2008 at 5:40 pm said:

Don\’t get the question. Can you please elaborate?

+ herb420 on August 8th, 2008 at 4:05 pm said:

Me want custom soundtracks, I will buy most any game that includes this feature. I will also avoid any game that does not include custom soundtracks. Trophies are not really that much of a draw, but that is all anyone ever mentions. Weak

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:22 am said:

I\’m starting to hear more people clammering about custome soundtracks. I\’ll pass the info along.

+ TFHAppo on August 8th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

This game looks pretty interesting. I’ve never played it, but I have heard good things.

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:29 am said:

Believe what you heard.

+ brentos on August 8th, 2008 at 4:35 pm said:

When are we going to hear about how the PS3 version is better than the Xbox 360 version? And wasn’t there some sort of surprise news? I will definitely be picking this up. Best way to spend $10.

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:23 am said:

Make sure you ask Ben what the surprise is next week.

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:29 am said:

Buy both and tell me which one you like better. :)

+ DankandSticky on August 8th, 2008 at 5:00 pm said:

Please PLEASE get the trophies into it at launch.. I gurantee more sales for you if you do…

+ John Diamonon on August 9th, 2008 at 8:22 am said: