The last trophy I ever “earned” was in ROTC. That was way back in High School (tragic I know). So, I have been really excited to see PlayStation 3 trophies make their way into games both old and new. It’s a new way to show your “ePump-a-tude”. PAIN already features internal trophies that make the modes challenging. That’s why it’s so awesome to get to make a whole new set of trophies. Here’s a list of some of the Trophies you will see next month. If the names seem sophomoric or juvenile to you, then you clearly haven’t been playing PAIN enough. That’s kinda “How We Do.”
To answer some questions before they come up…
Q: When will Trophies be available for PAIN?
A: When the Amusement Park ships on 9-4-2008 we will update PAIN to include trophies.
Q: When does Amusement Park ship?
Q: Are Trophies retroactive?
A: Most of the trophy requirements are new so we haven’t tracked your progress until now. Some work you will get credit for.
Q: Are you CRAZY?!
A: Yes… Yes I am.
So here they are…a “somewhat” complete list of PAIN Downtown Trophies. I say “somewhat” because PAIN keeps getting bigger and bigger. There are more trophies for the Amusement Park, but I’ll talk about them some other time.
- Affliction Addiction: Get one billion points (Good Luck)
- Dude Abides: Use “The Dude” to score 50 Strikes in Bowling
- 10 Mill Club: Get “PAIN in the Park” and “D-Town Destruction”
- Harder Dick’s Balls: Get all of Dick’s Balls in the Block Party Dumpster without resetting
(Heh heh heh) I really need adult supervision.
- D-Town Destruction: Get 10,000,000 score in PAINdemonium and Aftermath
- Combo Mambo: Get 20x Combo in PAINdemonium, Aftermath, Block Party and Demolition
- Attention Spam: Get every type of PAIN (Groin, Head, Arm, Hand, Leg, Foot and Body) combo in PAINdemonium, Aftermath, Block Party and Demolition
PAIN Add-on Character Trophies
- Trill: Get PAINful Tosser Trophy with Scurv Dogg or Hung Lo
- Grenade-A-Maid: Get Exploded 500 times with any female launchable character.
That’s it for now… We’re going to be releasing a lot of information in the coming weeks about the Amusement Park. New modes, new launchable characters and the brand new PAINLabs. When you have some time mosey on over to www.painps3.com that’s where you’ll get more info on all the new content!